Well this was better than I expected based on the first episode. Turned out fairly kino...

Well this was better than I expected based on the first episode. Turned out fairly kino. Let's not sperg about the religious/political aspects, I just liked the depiction of demonic stuff. What did you guys think?

Attached: Midnight_Mass_Poster.jpg (250x372, 30.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Midnight_Club
mikeduran.com/2021/10/02/netflixs-midnight-mass-offers-salvation-without-bite/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It is a highly kino show and I really, really enjoyed it when I watched it last year
The only thing that kind of sucks is when the actual "horror" stuff kicks in and the comfy small town vibe dissapears
I would have been more then happy to just watch a show about the town

>Vampires burn down every shelter in town and just die in the sun
That was retarded.

Enjoyed it a great deal and felt it did a good job of portraying how diverse people's relationship with religion can be; some people draw strength from it to be better people and other people draw strength from it for selfishness. The entire cast was really good as well, there was no one who felt out of place or like they were just there for padding and I like every performance. A legit 10/10 for me personally.

I might be misremembering but didn't the remaining humans burn down the vampires' one remaining shelter? You can still say they're retarded but being high off vampirism and becoming zealots for the cause isn't out of place in this story. They reaped what they sowed.

Yeah this was dumb. Also the main character was a whiny cunt.

7/10

Imagine the priest actor playing Bruce Banner in a non Marvel Hulk movie. That'd be cool.

Riley? I don't think he was whiny.

Absolute retards. They were burning everyone's homes to get the non turned out and then retiring to the Church but unbeknownst to them that got burnt down. They also all just went mental and didn't really give a fuck what was happening till later on then they happily an heroed in the sun.

I don't get fags problem with him. Dude killed someone in a car whilst drunk. Woman he loved had moved on and was pregnant. He had no job or anything and had to go back to a tiny island he left to begin with.

It was definitely a very comfy setting. When shit kicks off though it's done exceptionally well. That entire sequence in the church of the titular midnight mass was wild. And I loved the glowing night the vampires see. Protagonist was slightly annoying, as was his woman friend, but by the end I liked both of them. They were realistic people I guess so they had some irritating attributes as we all do.

the priest actor was fucking great

He didn't have a cgi fight with the original vampire at the end so I guess they hate him for that.

>I just liked the depiction of demonic stuff. What did you guys think?
That was a really small part of it and not really even explicitly demonic. The fuck are you talking about? Did you even watch the show?

Attached: rock.jpg (321x414, 27.17K)

First 5 episodes are great.
Last 2 are kind of blah.
It turned into a generic horror movie.
Mike Flanagan has a problem with ending his stories. Every single one of them turns into shit in the last third.

Haven't seen his other stuff so I can't confirm or deny but I thought this ended fine.

Full of excellent performances. The scene where the little girl who got healed confronted the drunkard in his mobile home was amazing.

>Dude just take dmt and be nice to each other, lol.

Attached: jew_scope_atheism.png (888x648, 634.61K)

Literally the entire show is about the demonic lol. Its about a priest(and then an entire town) engaging in black magic. There is a literal onscreen demon
Hush is my favorite Flanagan but that was an easy movie to write and ending for since it's just a cat and mouse game.

The scene where the priest tells her to get out the chair was great too. I actually got teary eyed when she started walking and everyone was gobsmacked. I felt like a right cuck.

He didn't turn up at the end as a force ghost. That made me hate it.

Has the director dude got any future stuff coming up? I really like his shit.

I think I gasped a little bit when she got up, I was expecting the priest to be delusional about his powers and that the series was gonna go more the slasher route before the vampire stuff came in. Very good scene though.

If you like his shit you should stop digging around in toilets and start checking out his film and television work, it's even better than poop.

>I don't get why people think he's a fag cuck
>proceeds to explain precisely how he's a fag cuck

Hes got another Netflix series coming up

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Midnight_Club
>A group of seven close terminally ill young adults resides in the Rotterdam Home hospice run by an enigmatic doctor. They meet at midnight every night to tell each other scary stories. One night they make a pact that the first one to succumb to their disease is responsible for communicating with the others beyond the grave. After one of them dies, bizarre occurrences begin.[5

Are you retarded? They showed him adding shit to the wine.

You gotta appreciate that he writes, directs, edits and produces all his stuff though. True auteur which is rare these days.

Attached: Untitled.png (1274x199, 18.66K)

>black magic
>onscreen demon
Thanks for proving you didn't watch anything. It was all explained scientifically.

How on earth was it explained scientifically?

He's doing some Poe story for Netflix. He keeps casting his wife who's a fucking terrible actress who almost ruined Haunting Of Hill House, a 9/10 show

If you actually liked this show you're an actual retard.
>I connected pretty intensely with Buddhism for a few years in there, even seeking out temples in Los Angeles as I tried to further explore it, but ultimately the book that impacted me the most was God is Not Great by Christopher Hitchens. That led to Letter to a Christian Nation by Sam Harris. But I found more spiritual resonance reading Pale Blue Dot by Carl Sagan than I found in two decades of Bible study.
mikeduran.com/2021/10/02/netflixs-midnight-mass-offers-salvation-without-bite/

Wildly and exceptionally good. 10/10 one of the best things I've ever seen in an episodic format. Going in cold is essential for the proper experience. Beautifully rendered vision from Flanagan, maybe its not perfect but the parts are all beautiful and they come together into something rare and special if you give it a chance and let it sink its teeth into you. If you really invite it in you're in for a moving painful and very personal experience. Beautiful.

I specifically said I dont care about the religious aspect except that it is a very cool depiction of witchcraft.

Absolute garbage anti-christian show.
>the priest is le hecking evil
>christianity bad
>buddhism good
Wow. Mind blown.

You didn't watch it.
As an atheist who enjoyed the show, the priest actually make me more interested in religion and more open to the idea.

Forgot 2 more things
>islam good
>secret lesbian character

actual retard take or didnt watch the show if you think this shows Christianity in a bad light

No arguments. Average atheistshitter

As far as I can remember it was neutral on faith and fact.

Mid wit take. The town singing Closer My God to Thee after coming to there senses and people forgiving each other for their respective atrocities. I’m a Christian and was moved to tears and I’ve heard atheists shitheads say the same. Someone out there saw the light because of this and I can't see how anyone would be turned away from it by seeing it.

Still no arguments. Average atheistshitters.

I’m a life long practicing Christian that literally believes our Lord and savior Jesus Christ died for our sins on the cross. This series was not antichristian.

It was pretty retarded.
Like, why would a muslim man fleeing discrimination choose a predominantly white catholic shithole in serious economic decline (shit economic conditions always parallel with rising hate crimes) instead of New York City- which is the fucking demographic hub of Islam in America, there's no greater density of Muslim Americans.
Jensen Ackle's character deciding that the -only possible way- to reveal the vampire shit was to an hiro on that fucking boat in front of preggo- that sucks.
Nobody in town recognizing their Priest of 60 years- that sucks.
The random fucking 75 year old 230 pound black lady that the only middle aged, and fairly attractive town doctor took on a date to a church function who never fucking returned as a character after just being used as a prop to reveal the doc's a dyke- that sucks.
The "dead cats" that looked like snuffkin stuffed animals being eaten by plasticky CGI seagulls- that sucks.
The old age makeup being on the same quality tier of a local highschool production of Arsenic and Old Lace, when the old age makeup was a pivotal aspect of the entire series- that sucks.
I guess I watched the whole thing, so it was good at holding my attention. I feel worse off for having done so.

>HEY CATHOLICS I BET IF A VAMPIRE EVER SHOWED UP ITD BE THE MUSLIM, GAY, PIT BULL OWNERS, AND ALCOHOLICS THAT #RESISTED, THE REST OF YOU WOULD JUST DRINK ITS BLOOD AS COMMUNION, KILL YOURSELVES FOR HIM, MURDER YOUR NEIGHBORS, AND FORSAKE YOUR RELIGION FOR IT WHILE IT WORE YOUR PRIESTS ROBES WHO IS THE FOOL NOW AHAHAHA

ook ook ook

To be fair, Catlicks are very very down to clown with this Argie queer dragging them into secularism.
They're practically Unitarians at this point.

Attached: pope francis kissing muslim feet.jpg (800x480, 61.02K)

Mental illness

How is he a cuck he's literally a chad who got fucked by the jewish system, women see him and instantly want to fuck him and his wagie dad hates him for being a successful chad.

Reddit fedora tier

>I COULD NEVER BE TRICKED GOD WOULD PROTECT ME
lol

Beautiful is definitely a relevant word here. I was frequently surprised by how pretty stuff was, both visually and in an emotional or thematic sense

>buddhism good
It's a huwhite pseudointellectual male's interpretation of buddhism and is presented as being roughly as dumb as him.

So I understand why it feels like this for you. Many films and shows these days are very antichristian but I don't think this was the intent here at all. I think it was about those characters as being unlikely hero's. God’s grace and love makes hero's out of the unlikely, the unworthy and the unloved. Jacob, Moses, David, Paul and many others had checkered pasts that eventually led them to God.

Does anyone know what this guy was talking about?

I know the one woman doctor attempts to explain it scientifically but that shit goes out the window with the actual demon resuscitating people and whatnot does it not?

>HEY CATHOLICS
>IF A VAMPIRE EVER CAME TO YOUR TOWN I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW THE LOCAL ATHEIST, MUSLIM, PITBULL OWNER, AND DRUNK DRIVER WOULD BE THE ONLY ONES TO #RESIST, THE REST OF YOU CHRISTIANS OR ZOMBIES AS I LIKE TO CALL THEM WHEN MY MOMMY ISNT HOME AND DOESNT GET MAD AT ME WOULD JUST BECOME PURE EVIL HAHAHA

Some literal faggot was paid to write this disgusting fucking shit. Absolute Jewish propaganda.

Attached: 7548A201-95E4-4E3B-8FE9-634654C7FF23.jpg (1000x1000, 77.95K)

Name one thing he said that was wrong dipshit. The show is all about the minoriteam defeating the evil catholic menace

Would’ve been better if the vampires won and there wasn’t so much corny ass drawn out dialogue/dumb Muslim bullshit shoehorned in to do social commentary. The concept itself is a really great interesting take on vampirism and it would have been strengthened if the villains were smarter and succeeded in the end

I think it meandered a bit too much in the middle, could have been 1-2 episodes less.

Shiki is a better Salem's lot inspired show, which this is also takes a fair bit from.

I'm not religious, so huge bits of the catholic autism go over my head. Father was a better and more fun character than the prison boy MC. I'm not sure why/how the whole town become miracle zealots, I've always assumed that was christian beaner retardation. Nor do I understand why the father is so obsessed with calling it a miracle when he knows it still needs to feed and occasionally kill people, not really something you'd call an angel. But sure, his age related problems are cured, second chance etc. It's not a monster trust me, and join me.

This. I hated how they relegated the father to a naive background character at the end with the irritating woman taking center place. Father was a way more charismatic and interesting villain and was based AF, I wanted him to go full sicko mode but instead he just cucks out for his dyke daughter at the end, was kind of lame. I really liked his actor though he was the best part of the show by far.

I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing that the propaganda just whizzes by over your head. Like it doesn't even register. That's pretty admirable in away I suppose. Like a dog crossing the street that doesn't get hit by a car.

I dropped it on the fourth episode because it was clear they weren't going anywhere interesting with the vampirism, the insufferable monologuing didn't help

MONOLOGUES!

That was a massive mistake because the demon thing explodes

Why does the vamps blood taste like wine? Wouldn't you notice that shit?
>what cunt spiked the wine
>what's the disgusting lumpiness in the wine

loved it but holy shit the monologues go on for so long
i was just imagining someone doing that irl

That guy made no sense, he converted because muh waifu is a muzzie, she dies, then he tries to force it on his kid who clear isn't interested. He should be well aware because of his own conversion, that forcing it will only ever backfire.

I also forgot about the kid getting peer pressured into Catholocism, that was also retarded.
Teenagers don't give a shit about converting their gay little friends.

Why didn't the vamp eat the kids in Ep1? Was it meant to be highly rational?
>can't drink them, town will be on to me
>have to bide time drink fucking cats
>couple days later, fuck it, I'm drinking this guy

>was it meant to be highly rational

Yes, it’s directly implied that it has higher intelligence and is working with the priest to gain more converts under the guise of being an angel, as shown by the fact that he dons a disguise and also dresses in priest clothes and walks into the church when the priest wants him to establishing that he is real. He only becomes irrational when he feeds, this was a little too excessive imo, makes no sense that it would lose all self preservation instinct