KDrama thread! ive been watching hotel del luna recently and finished episode 9

KDrama thread! ive been watching hotel del luna recently and finished episode 9

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep9 (22).jpg (1920x1080, 228.41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

myrunningman.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: absolutely hideous.jpg (1920x1080, 246.34K)

I laughed at iu watching the manager guy from somewhere far away at the start of the episode. She left him but was still secretly waiting for him to go back to see him again.

Attached: 082d132057915ea4cc36f95ba9b7dcf8.jpg (736x736, 73.05K)

LOL yes that was funny
i was expecting her to be done with him and suddenly shes watching his every move haha

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep9 (1).jpg (1920x1080, 221.25K)

should i get back into luna? i stopped around episode 5 or so. i just finished sky castle and thought it was REALLY good. my problem with dramas (and visual media in general) is that i have a hard time suspending my disbelief, and that's part of the reason why i dropped luna.

i like iu in my mister much more because the drama as a whole as believable and "real"; luna makes me cringe and roll my eyes too much. are there any other good, realistic kdramas out there like sky castle and my mister? my autism can't handle ghosts and ridiculous plots

Attached: 1581222152787.jpg (700x400, 102.6K)

I liked mad for each other. Most dramas have no supernatural elements to it and the ones who do will usually tell you at the synopsis. Pick any you think are good from netflix.

>have a hard time suspending my disbelief
what do you mean with this?

Hotel del Luna is not comparable with Sky Castle or My Mister, those get very serious and need serious acting to work, while Hotel is just silliness and light humor with some romance

Attached: Snap_Hotel.Del.Luna.S01E05.1080p.WEB-DL.H264.AAC-AppleTor_00_17_12_03.jpg (1920x1080, 279.53K)

You finished it not long ago. What did you think of the episode?

Attached: 99b9d28687153a95680cdc6005e1cdcc.jpg (427x640, 82.63K)

its a pretty cute episode!! did you say last time chan seong was going to follow a ghost?? because thats what he did!! hahaha
i like how the painting was the severance pay lol

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep9 (2).jpg (1920x1080, 241.19K)

try Misaeng

I told you it was easy to find the hotel lol.
And he was thinking about giving the money back so she would allow him to work there again.
The one thing I didn't like was the serial killer storyline we get. Felt like it happened out of nowhere and the guy knows both chanseoong and sanchez?

Attached: 273527958_476233424030967_7439370787881518968_n.jpg (1440x1800, 213.33K)

hmmm and sanchez acted like he didnt like the killer guy...... i wish they told us more!! but the ex gf knew him idk i think we'll get more next episode maybe
and i think the killer is going to go after chan seong!! sounds scary
also this scene between yuna and hyun joong(thats his name!!!!!!!) was really cute she said she liked him haha

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep9 (31).jpg (1920x1080, 342.52K)

>mad for each other
looks interesting, thanks.
>netflix
lmao
anything that i can poke holes in turns me off, basically. the hotel in luna is supposed to be massive but it really isn't, for example. those zoom-out shots of the exterior aren't fooling anyone, and the samesy looking hallways scream "set piece" and not "floor 27 west wing hallway". i can see through the movie-magic illusion they are trying to construct and it makes the whole show seem very fake; it just seems childish.

the very idea that you stay at a hotel when you die (or something along those lines, it's been a while since i've watched it) is absolutely preposterous to me and that alone makes me want to stop watching.

>those get very serious and need serious acting to work

big reason why I sincerely enjoyed them. i thought the first half or so of "I have a lover" and "tempted" were brilliant as well and those were quite heavy and melodramatic. I just need something real the second a spell is a cast or a dragon appears im out

and i will stream this one in bed tonight, thanks!

Attached: 80913284908234234.png (1910x1473, 493.58K)

yejibros

but don't worry about the weird Jordan scenes in ep 1. I think there was some government promotional deal so they set some scenes there.

I think they all went to the same school together that's how mira, chanseaong, sanchez and serial killer guy know each other. That's why he went to the gathering.
I love their love story. They are so cute. I would love to watch a drama where it's them going on dates and her getting angry and frustrated with him all the time lol.
I don't remember much about what happened at the beginning of the episode.

Attached: 273586328_289624773159269_3472833909664886383_n.jpg (1440x1800, 207.13K)

>looks interesting, thanks.
I enjoyed it. It's basic romcom.
>the hotel in luna is supposed to be massive but it really isn
It is massive for ghosts and people who can see the "other world" but it's a normal building when people without special powers see it from the outside.
>he very idea that you stay at a hotel when you die
Most people just go straight to the afterlife. It's the ghosts of people who still have lingering feelings who stay at the hotel to resolve whatever it is making them unwilling to pass on. The hotel serves as a way to gather them instead of letting them stay around humans.

Attached: 1635433771208.jpg (837x837, 117.56K)

oh that makes sense, you think the serial killer guy wouldnt be a nice person!! lol
>her getting angry and frustrated with him all the time lol.
LOL that seems to happen a lot too haha
hmm ok beginning of the episode chan seong is at the hotel and is sad, iu is watching him , then leaves and has to drive the car herself because the barman only know how to ride a horse (LOL)
then yuna and hyun joong are in that car and see the ghost (it was clever she pretended to talk on the phone!)
and chan seong meets with mago!! and gets the eye fixing medicine lol
and then iu moved to the countryside and has the tax problems
and i think that is about haldway haha did i do well??

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep9 (7).jpg (1920x1080, 367.8K)

>It is massive for ghosts and people who can see the "other world" but it's a normal building when people without special powers see it from the outside.
>Most people just go straight to the afterlife. It's the ghosts of people who still have lingering feelings who stay at the hotel to resolve whatever it is making them unwilling to pass on. The hotel serves as a way to gather them instead of letting them stay around humans.

and this is exactly why i dislike hotel del luna. none of that is real it's all made-up. i liked seeing iu and even what's-his-face and it's always fun to follow along to the korean but the plot is just too out there for me.

Any recommended comedies that don't take themselves too seriously?

wife was so pissed with the ending of 25 to 21 lmao

I'm honestly surprised you were able to watch 5 episode of Luna since it was always silly from ep. 1

Attached: iudeath-2.webm (1194x500, 2.92M)

Since sanchez is the best and he doesn't like him and even didn't put his name on the list of people to invite I think he is a very bad person.
It does and it's always cute. She first yells, get angry and then goes back like nothing happened lol.
I forgot about the car-horse part. The ghosts are so useless.
Oh yeah! I thought the same. So clever to disguise her talking to him as a phone call. She just wears the phone thingy now and she can talk with him all the time without a care.
>and then iu moved to the countryside and has the tax problems
I loved that part because it was chanseong who told the other guy about the taxes issue and without him he knew no one would know what to do.
>and i think that is about haldway haha did i do well??
Very well. A+

Attached: 273648549_362636742358925_3175585652797369643_n.jpg (1440x1800, 350.43K)

>none of that is real it's all made-up
Then why even start a supernatural show if you are not into that?

iu is a shitty actress

i like iu

I don't think I've watched a Korean comedy without romantic elements. Our Beloved Summer was pretty funny, but it gets serious at times.

Attached: IU fan.webm (1130x866, 636.65K)

>Since sanchez is the best
haha true!!
and the barman says giddy up i laughed at that
so now that chan seong is back was moving the hotel for nothing???? idk lol
>chanseong who told the other guy about the taxes issue
wait really!!! i missed that thanks that makes it even funnier lol

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep9 (14).jpg (1920x1080, 197.31K)

me toooooooo

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep9 (11).jpg (1920x1080, 193.66K)

anybody in here know where i can torrent/download/stream the entirety of running man?

>IU fan.webm
based

It was! Maybe they will go back to the first place again. I don't think they sold it yet.
I think so. We see the seller arrive in the house, see chanseong and then he calls iu and tells her about the tax problem and we know the one who dealt with that sort of thing was chanseong himself.

Attached: Irene - Smile 2.webm (1920x1080, 477.4K)

kshownow used to have quite a few episodes. Avistaz has everything in 720, and a lot in 1080

myrunningman.com
does this work?

hmmmm i had to use my brain thats why i didnt get it lol oops
it was funny he met with ma go and he wanted to know the hotel location but got the medicine and then walked out with knowing where the hotel was lol i like how in this screenshot they are separated by wooden beams! i think it means something but idk what lol

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep9 (12).jpg (1920x1080, 242.47K)

Hahaha. Stop pretending. I know you are smart.
Very nice observation and the shots look amazing!
Did you like the water god story? I think that was one of my favorites side stories from all we have gotten until now.

Attached: 275697904_152911827152215_2825108222506959718_n.jpg (1080x1350, 264.59K)

I just finished Del Luna and I feel like I was filtered by the ending. So basically, they both hope that they'll eventually maybe meet up again in other bodies that don't even recognize each other in hundreds of years? It seemed like a lot more wish fulfillment than there being any likelihood of a reunion, or did I misinterpret?

>I just finished Del Luna
Stopped reading right here.

assa

hehe thanks
and right!!!! i know i said this many times now but i love the vibrant colors in the show
i did!! at first when iu was drunk(?) in the field and met him and then just left i thought it was strange, then he came to the hotel and i was like is a spirit going to heaven?? OH and he had to be invited in like a vampire i thought he was going to be evil then, but wasnt
and the bottom of the well scene with chen seong was really cute! the thing he fears most is iu dying awwww

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep9 (20).jpg (1920x1080, 357.03K)

and of course the bar!! love it

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep9 (21).jpg (1920x1080, 450.79K)

I always imagine you hehe laughing being like chuu at the end of this webm. o.o
The colors are amazing. When someone asked the director "how bright do you want it to be?" the director must have answered with yes.
I think it's more that the hotel is mago's property and they are both deities so they are comparable (even if mago is clearly a lot stronger) so he was asking if he could enter instead of invading someone's else house.
That scene... Do you think that will happen in the future or it was just for his fears? The fourth mago eyes were red like she had cried and iu's gotta thanos snapped. It was sad. ;-;

Attached: chuu-gun.webm (1920x1080, 2.93M)

LOL chuu is hilarious
right!! a lot of colored lights make some scenes look fantastic
they like the red lights for the ghosts too
ohhh that makes sense about the spirits OH and i found it interesting they said the hotel was ma go territory lol like you said
also when yuna got lead into the woods and they found out he killed people there i was like call the police!! or run!! and almost the next scene they did lol

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep9 (19).jpg (1920x1080, 192.92K)

She is.
They use a lot of red and blue for the ghosts.
So true. I thought they were going to try and investigate by themselves with how yuna was talking and her boyfriend was asking her to be careful.
I think we talked about most of it. This episode didn't have much going on. It was more setups for future episodes.

Attached: 273589637_1048104392415269_1754087770428994914_n.jpg (1440x1800, 208.17K)

youre right haha so next episode we have the serial killer and chan seong is back! thanks for talking!
also O.O iu lol

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep9 (26).jpg (1920x1080, 183.21K)

sad iu lol

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep9 (30).jpg (1920x1080, 210.01K)

No problem. Thanks for talking too.

>sad iu lol
More like tax evasion manwol.

>More like tax evasion manwol.
LOL
OH AND THIS SCENE WAS MY FAVORITE
the top of the well turns into the moon slow reveal and then iu peeks over the side!!!!! it was so clever i thought, i love it!

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep9 (32).jpg (1920x1080, 98.43K)

That was my favorite scene too. Her name means full moon right?
Very magical and dream like.

Is this show good? It has the 2 a bittersweet life movie leads

Attached: Our_Blues-p1.jpg (1300x1836, 575.77K)

haven't seen it yet, I've got high hopes but I'll wait to see how it goes.

yes!! i think something with the moon
honestly i think my favorite scene in the show so far it blew my mind lol
ok thanks for talking with me again story friend, i think im going to sleep! goodnight, see you later!!

Attached: Hotel del Luna ep9 (39).jpg (1920x1080, 146.71K)

Goodnight and sleep well.

Attached: 270197469_452710693184377_5525794235527797720_n.jpg (1440x1800, 239.02K)

I love IU, but why is she so plastic?

I only watched Scarlet Heart: Ryeo because of IU. I made the mistake of thinking it was a comfy rom-com because of the early episodes. That's when I learnt that not all kdramas have happy endings.

she is korean

rookie mistake always check to see if the drama has a happy ending or a not sad ending

Sad IU was best IU.