Find a flaw

Find a flaw.

Attached: avatar.jpg (1296x730, 130.01K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XL0SGtD9jVA?t=3019
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

janny loves it so it's probably troonshit
also the exposition is clunky and wannabe anime shit always just looks obnoxious

Attached: hali.png (358x600, 188.42K)

Katara

Season 1 is only okay, seasons 1 and 4 of LoK are only okay, season 2 of LoK is downright bad, Toph and Sokka are annoying, the marriage/reproduction system for Air Nomads (who are basically an order of pseudo-Buddhist monks) is kinda weird, and Asami is the only protagonist of LoK who's particularly likable.

Don't get me wrong, Avatar is probably my favorite cartoon, I think seasons 2 and 3 and season 3 of LoK are basically flawless. I do think there are flaws I can point to, though. I don't actually think those flaws make it a lesser show though, the world they created is incredible and inspired.

>LoK
Not canon, kys
>Season 1 is only okay
Wrong. On the first watch maybe but after finishing the show season 1 works better as a lower tension kids show thematically.

The airbenders being completely genocided, a fourth of the world's population was wiped out just like that?

When I was a kid I thought Momo was going to be a talking animal sidekick because that's what I was used to getting from cartoons. Having him just be an animal was a pleasant surprise and was a huge step up in respect for the audience in a kid's show. I kind of think the dream sequence when he talks was the creators showing via a joke how that wouldn't have worked in the world they created.

LoK is absolutely canon, and Zaheer is one of the best villains in the whole series. Also, seasons 2 and 3 are objectively a lot better than season one. If you can't respond without sperging out at people then fuck off. Telling somebody to kill themselves for talking about a show they like is fucking stupid. Are you 12?

Ending was rushed a tad.

The war was like 100 people fighting and a guy flying a blimp army to gohan blanco

>a fourth of the worlds population
It's never implied all the nations are equally populated. Earth benders are clearly the most populous. Airbenders seem to only have existed in the few isolated temples around the world.

why won't this stupid fake american anime die, it's jackie chan adventures tier

its childish and cringy. fma is better thab this crap

It's mediocre

it ruined me ;_:

Attached: katara.jpg (213x320, 10.34K)

I think they were implied to always have been fairly low population, even pre-genocide they only had 3-5 temples if I recall correctly. Probably only around 20,000 or so at peak population. Which is fine, the show implies that the Earth Kingdoms are the vast majority of the planet's population. There's no reason that all the nations have to be comparable in size.

>Zaheer is one of the best villains in the whole series.
lol good joke.

>the marriage/reproduction system for Air Nomads (who are basically an order of pseudo-Buddhist monks) is kinda weird
I don't remember this being mentioned in the show, was it in LOK or the comics?

Just because they’re one of four nations doesn’t mean the populations are equal.

you have to go back

>LoK is absolutely canon
No, it's not. Half the show contradicts everything in Avatar, it destroys the mythology, and it's not written by Aaron Ehasz. There is nothing to suggest it is canon besides the "creators" wanted to prove they had good ideas too and it wasn't all Aaron Ehasz and they failed spectacularly.

>lower tension

Attached: fuuuuuck.png (720x480, 490.85K)

The sequels and spinoffs muddy all discussion of this genuinely perfect cartoon for 8 year olds.

You can argue something is low quality, but you don't just get to bury your head in the sand if you don't like something.

>doesn't know what tension means
It's inherently lower tension because of the structure of them slowly going to the North Pole and visiting random towns. Tension =/= emotion or depth

Yes I can. Story canon is what I say it is.

Everyone agrees LoK isn't canon. You're not an Avatar fan if you are still clinging on to a fan fiction spin off.

Garbage pacing

no, a lot of Yea Forums agrees, but literally no one outside of this site gives a shit. I'd bet money I'm more into it than you are, not that I should be proud of that. I've read most of the comics even.

Literally the most perfectly paced tv show of all time... it's one of the few shows perfectly structured in 3 acts

>spiritbending is an asspull to let Aang avoid a moral dilemma problem
>metalbending is an asspull to let Toph get out off a subplot that could easily be cut out just so she can get an anime style power up
>the Dai Li 100 year conspiracy is uncovered and undone in a matter of less than a week.
>Katara butting in on the fight between Azula and Zuko.

you're on crack nigga

>literally no one outside of this site gives a shit
Go back
>I'd bet money I'm more into it than you are
Ive watch it every year since I got the DVDs in 2012 and watched it live as a kid. But this isn't a pissing contest, LoK simply isn't canon and any Avatar fan even one that has only seen the show once understands this.

>First episode
>"You are le heckin sexist and racist, Sokka"
Also Smellerbee is a literal tranny.

Azula doesn't fall madly in love with Zuko and rule the Fire Nation with him as his queen

>Metalbending is an asspull
Bruh the writers specifically put her in a metal cage so that she could invent metal bending. They didn't have to make it metal.

I’m not a footfag but Toph…

Zutara isn't canon

It's american

Aangbros...

Attached: image_2022-04-10_194351747.png (342x367, 26.27K)

It's very kiddy

Pseudo tranime shipfag trash.

>Find a flaw
The entire first season except the finale

>any Avatar fan even one that has only seen the show once understands this.
Literally not true, and a very retarded statement. Touch grass.

>"fan fiction spin off"
A fan fiction by the creators of the original show. A real fan would understand the problems they had making the show because of Nick's ridiculous demands and constraints. You're a strikingly stupid individual.

Giga brainlet take

Yeah I know, they wanted to give her a new power so they contrived a scenario where she would need it while also closing up a subplot that ultimately goes nowhere.
She wasn't training to metalbend, metalbending up to this point did not exist, she just learns because the plot needs her to.
Compare this to Katara being unknowingly being taught bloodbending or Azula learning fire propulsion after learning it was possible from the war balloons.

She's not pregnant with my child

You could remove everything with momo and it would be a better show, also Aang as a character is a lucky idiot. He uses overwhelming force and never kills a single person the entire time, it's ridiculous. I know the show is supposed to be a coming of age story for children, but even children don't need to be coddled this much. Aang has little to no real character arc the entire time besides befriending Zuko and finding love. His morals are barely challenged the entire story, it's like the "muh power of friendship" shit you see in Naruto or Dragon Ball times 100.

Because of that it's an incoherent coming of age story for both infants and teenagers trying to find a middle path that doesn't work. If it weren't for the animation, voice actors, and whatever actually good writers they had on board trying to construct an interesting narrative the show would've been horrible. It's so dumbed down and inoffensive at times that it's painful , children don't need to be coddled from painful realities. The point of these stories is to teach them about them in fact, and this one holds your hand and shelters you more than your typical soccer mom would. It's still an 8/10 overall but that is despite a lot of issues.

T. Someone who watched it about a month ago for the first time.

Attached: 1645227690597.jpg (500x500, 31.57K)

>oh dude! This cartoon for kids is so special and mature!!!
faggot.
I didn't say it was bad, but it was still very kiddy

some of the episodic episodes are bad or mediocre. season 3 feels a bit rushed after zuko joins the crew.

still the best animated show of all time. although hxh might match it.

Kek

>by the creators of the original show
They made a concept and drew SOME of the characters. Aaron Ehasz created Avatar. He wrote all the vital and best episodes, he made all the best design choices for the characters, he created all the depth to the arcs, he made UNCLE FUCKING IROH. He is avatar. Korra is fan fiction with two guys who had a good concept.

>and season 3 of LoK are basically flawless
ew gross. please don't compare any season of korra to atla. season 3 of korra is good but it's not a transcendental experience like atla often is. some angsty dumb bitch fighting an anarchist cannot compare to kids going on an adventure together to save the world.

hxh is overrated trash. it has two decent arcs and that's yorknew and chimera.

lol fmab sucks dick stfu. most overrated anime ever after aot.

It literally is mature. The themes are a million times more complex than 90% of "adult" media made today. Something having blood and dark cinematography doesn't make it mature faggot.

> Not enough Iroh fucking shit up
>Zukos mom plot thread got pushed to a god awful comic adaption
>Didn’t use enough of Toph in the 3rd season
>Zuko should have beat Azula alone

All minor things for me

There aren’t any.

This show brutally mogs every other “epic” 3 act heroes journey like Star Wars and lord of the rings

Attached: 9DE1227C-A621-4487-802D-EA9725BB3724.jpg (782x392, 19.07K)

the guru saying that ang cant get in avatar state because love, that was retarded.

Kataras a mary sue.
Pacing is bad in final act.
Katara/Aang romance is shit (even the fire guy would have felt less forced).
Some bad filler episodes, not a huge issue.
Aang's character progress to enlightenment as well as interaction with the spirit world kind of sucks.
Gets a little fanservicey at times.

No he's right , it's ridiculously child oriented. I don't know if I can even say child, it's more like infant oriented where they have Looney Tunes/ Tom and Jerry tier gags all the time , except instead of being mindless fun and great animation that has a great soundtrack it attempts a narrative which is so dumbed down it's painful. Missing the entire point of the classic cartoons of just being mostly for show and fun.

After actually finishing it as an adult I realized why I dropped it as a kid - it was literally too childish for me. I wanted so much to be seen as older than I was and instead this show appealed to pre K all the time. It was still a better show than I have it credit for but there's so much dissonance in the narrative tone of the show it's painful.

I hate that people with an IQ as low as yours are allowed to exist and speak.

C'mon, it's a kid's show. You think it's mature just because you've never read a proper kid's adventure book and are used to braindead western media.

>Zuko should have beat Azula alone

this is not bad because the point is that he is diferent from azula, that he has friends and he get over the avatar hunting shit and trying to suck his fathers dick.

The fights are uninspired

Spiritbending

Not even close to being good bait

that shit was retarded, they would said that the avatar state can be only used sometimes because can affect his body or something, but saying that he needs to put off every feeling was retarded more saying this to fucking ang.

German fairy tales like Aesop's fables and Grimm's Fairy Tales are more adult than Avatar, dude. Daily reminder that most mythological stories like The Odyssey, Beowulf, and the Arthurian Legends were childrens tales. In fact, children's tales were interlinked with religion a lot of time because said tales were supposed to teach children the values of their culture. So even the Bible has kids tales in it even if they probably can't comprehend the theological background of the stories

>You think it's mature just because you've never read a proper kid's adventure book
Enlighten me faggot. I've read The Hobbit, Jules Verne, Alice in Wonderland, Huck Finn. Please enlighten me.

no it's about being able to let go, not that you cannot love or show any emotion.

hunter exam is great because of killua's subtle characterization and the twist ending of him rejecting his family. heaven's arena and greed island are good because they explain the power system, which is interesting. all arcs are at least enjoyable because the characters are good and the plot doesn't usually force some gay contrived "high stakes" conflict like most anime attempt to do but fail at. killua and gon just hanging out and being friends is better than 99% of anime because although those anime might have more interesting premises, they are hurt by their terrible execution (this describes attack on titan especially. my god what a shitty show). yorknew and CA are self explanatory and better than all other anime arcs since they have everything the other arcs have but also stakes and themes about the human condition. except berserk's golden age beats yorknew.

It's not b8. Avatar is overrated as shit by nostalgia fags. I genuinely believe that.

To many heterosexual males and females, not enough genderqueer retardsexuals.

Letting go of all material and emotional attachment is one of the most core tenets of eastern philosophy. But now I know you're baiting so this is your last (you)

we are talking about ang, the kid that literal searched for his pet in all the fucking earth season.

>Just like that
>War between buddhists and nazis

Go back to rebbit.

to be fair it was a pretty fucking crucial pet to have

>avatar is more mature than 90% of adult media today
>but dude these all time great works of classic literature are better than the tv show so lol get rekt. Name one piece of childrens media in the realm of visual art that compares.

And you honestly are comparing those works to fucking Avatar? C'mon...

hxh is just fun there isn't really a point behind it which makes it great. It's a brain dead show or comic to enjoy when you're bored or high. That's about it.
>Attack on Titan had a shitty execution
Mostly in the sense that it took too long to set up the world building narrative wise and the ending probably pissed people off who wanted Eren to not be the obvious bitch he always was and have some kind of conclusive ending. Otherwise it was good, anything that promotes a more machiavellian understanding of mankind that ends up criticizing modern politics by merely bringing up a literally centuries old concept is something I'm a fan of

Bruce Timm's Animated DC Universe

then explain why this beautiful adult jewish woman is watching it for the first time and crying at the sad but amazing scenes?

youtu.be/XL0SGtD9jVA?t=3019

Attached: natalie.jpg (1215x595, 77.12K)

Avatar used to be mocked here as being reddit, newfag. In fact it's still Yea Forums shit no matter how much you cope.

>90% of adult media today
No I was saying even those are better, because even old children's tales are better than this children's tale. Not that avatar is a bad series it's just clearly very infantile.

I find HxH characters extremely unrelatable and uninteresting. I feel like you'd have to be a pederast to enjoy Killua and Gon's friendship, since there's nothing interesting about it otherwise. Which is funny because there's an actual pederast in the show: Hisoka. Possibly a self-insert for the author.

>Jewish woman reaction channel
Nah I'll pass

nobody is impressed by your contrarian opinion, dumbass. Go back to rebbit.

>crucial

maybe, but the thing is ang was looking for his pet because he was attached to it, and he loved that thing, he love all his friends and is pretty attached to all them, so the thing of not getting in avatar state because katara was retarded, it was just "now how we will show how much ang love katara?".

Pulls its punches politically so Aang ends up defending pretty lousy status quos.

No, I'm saying I'm aware of good childrens stories. They are books. Avatar is a tv show. Very few pieces of visual art can compare to literature. I think Spirited Away is better than Avatar and even that I wouldn't compare.

Smellerbee is a tomboy and her and Longshot have beautiful children. You can't change my mind.

It's a bit too childish and goofy at times. Especially at the start. Because Nickelodeon.
Like a dude has a war balloon, but he's dropping slime and stinkbombs on soldiers instead of actual bombs.
Seasons 2 and 3 are where it really shines.

Attached: thinking.jpg (408x286, 16.89K)

Lmfao. Seriously though

yes i am comparing it faggot, is well written shit i am not saying is better but pretty good overall standars.

>even those are better, because even old children's tales are better than this children's tale
Everything from the way you worded this to what you are actually saying, I legitimately don't believe you have read a book in your life.

>Can't actually give a rebuttal
Yeah that's about what I expected. Avatar isn't a masterpiece no matter what your YouTube / Reddit bubble thinks due to your own arrested development and nostalgia. Get over it, there are some serious narrative issues with it.

too much filler
/thread

It's part of the whole Buddhist spiritual detachment stuff.
It would have been weird if they hadn't done it.

Okay cool but let's actually talk about the show instead of give out as homs. You won't, so I challenge you to actually defend it