17 years later, this change still makes no sense. How the fuck is Luke supposed to recognize young Anakin anyway?

17 years later, this change still makes no sense. How the fuck is Luke supposed to recognize young Anakin anyway?

Attached: 1649631324808.jpg (342x291, 27.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3O3xRD3tWSA
youtu.be/McyA9_gcmlA?t=106
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pure cringe, bad enough having to see this emo faggot in two prequel movies.

How's he supposed to recognize the original Anakin? He only saw his burnt monster face.

>17 years later, this change still makes no sense.
The man in the top pic never existed.

I always assumed it was to show Anakin at his last human moment, the gimp we see in ROTJ is horrifically burned and more machine by that point

Prequels > OG > Sequel

Exactly.

Thanks for the opinion, reddit.

>Mfw I watched the Despecialized version a few months ago

Lol

Why didn't they replace Guinness with McGregor and the Yoda puppet with CGI Yoda?

Okay?

>How the fuck is Luke supposed to recognize young Anakin anyway?
The Force.

Shows Anakin in his pre-fallen state

Well using simple deduction,Like can assume some random fuck isn't going to show up right after his dad died.

As a kid I thought it was a neat change but now that I'm older I realize how stupid it is. He was redeemed right before he died so him appearing as an old man still makes sense.

>Anakin gets to have a young ghost
>Obi Wan and Yoda get old ass ghosts
Anakinbros are too based for the rules of this universe

Attached: 1646626349444.gif (480x360, 3.38M)

It's just weird that fans put out a version of how the film should be.

Where is your face?

Anakin's last human moment was killing the Emperor and his dying words to his son.

Yeah but nobody wants to see force ghost fat egghead.

The 3 original films free on archive . org btw

Anakin probably didn't want to be an old fart ghost so he made himself young.

sebastian shaw was one of the ones who fucked marsha lucas
it was personal

reddit is... le bad.. i kneel

he was a hideous deformity by that point and as said never looked like that force ghost to begin with

Only the original trilogy is cannon. George Lucas' last human moment was in 1987.

someone post the actual real version

Why is Topher Grace linked to Star Wars

Even in 1983, looking like a distinguished old man wouldn't make sense, Anakin never looked like that. Either his Force ghost is a smiling hamburger, or he'd be resemble how he looked before becoming a monster of the Dark Side and before he was burnt to a crisp

>Even in 1983, looking like a distinguished old man wouldn't make sense
Why

youtu.be/3O3xRD3tWSA
Bravo George

The real crime is that they didn't do a Jake Lloyd force ghost instead.

Read the rest of the post if you want to find out retard.

>Every "First time reaction to Star Wars" video on Youtube when they see the new Anakin Force Ghost
>"Who is that?"

How is he?

No

>tfw you get fuckin Stalin'd

>20 years later
This still makes no sense. How the fuck is Argos supposed to recognize old Odysseus anyway?

Attached: argos-ulysseus.jpg (422x512, 70.79K)

>They changed this to "nice day" in the dub because they were afraid of offending people
Westerners don't even know how to insult people anymore , it's pathetic.

To me, this is the pinnacle of gen x delusion and proof I shouldn't take their film criticism seriously.

its a dog, you faggot. dogs ID people by their smell.

even a blind dog can find its owner

I remember seeing the bottom scene as a kid and being extremely confused as to how he looked so young in episode 3 because I thought that was actually him in episode 6. I saw the prequels first I think.

the true kino choice would have been kid Anakin

It's his dad. He knows.

Attached: best ending.jpg (1120x387, 51.46K)

Contrarians are worse

Why is he wearing Obi-Wan's clothes
Because Anakin died at 45.

So what

So Sebastian Shawn looks like a 60 year old man.

Old man Anakin Ghost:
>warm fatherly smile, filled with pride and relief, acknowledges Luke and Ben and Yoda
Young Anakin Ghost:
>cold, devious smile, furrowed eyebrows, clearly thinking evil shit. May as well be alone, has no interaction with other around him
literally soul vs soulless.

Why did Lucas wanted Lynch to direct part VI?

This. This is why Shaw is the better choice. He died a better man than he ever was when he looked like Christensen. He moved forwards, not backwards. To be honest I'd have rather he been shown in his Vader mode (sans helmet) to reflect this, but what we got in the original scene is the next best thing.

But the prequels are also dogshit and I'm content to pretend they don't exist.

And?

>never got to see your long lost father in his prime, just horribly disfigured
It's fine, as much as I don't endorse the CGI bowdlerization he committed against his original material in almost every other case.

Based

My favorite change in Episode 6
youtu.be/McyA9_gcmlA?t=106

No one who saw this in theaters knew that was Vader ever person turned to the person next to them and said “who was that old guy?”
It made sense to fix it especially for newer generations coming up who would absolutely have no idea who that fuck was.

i want a version with ewan and hayden

I'm not seeing them

But people still watch it in release order. So they see Hayden Christensen for the first time and think "who the fuck is that?"
It really doesn't take a lot of brain power to realize that old man is Luke's father that just died. Literally 3 Jedi's died in the original trilogy and they're all there at the end.
Seeing him as a man as young as Luke and clearly shooped in just adds more confusion.

No need to fight bros, why can't we all just be fat-dogs about this?

Retard.
Lucas didn't tell him what they were filming. Literal anti-direction.

Why wouldn't Obi-wan and Yoda go back to their younger selves? Where are the thousands of other jedi ghosts or even just Qui-gon? How long do these Ghosts lasts? How fast can they travel through space? Can they appear anywhere, watch anything, and tell others about it? Did ghost Obi-wan perv on Leia while she was getting molested in Jabba's palace?

There, star wars is fixed.

Attached: f085f877655ad37c0cd9027ab615a3d86a4d91df_hq[1].jpg (900x766, 83.65K)