It’s a success

Another Batman reboot managed to get people interested in Batman again.

Attached: 93FACFF5-5AC2-4806-A372-217C3024C3EA.jpg (750x856, 159.71K)

>The Batman crosses $735 million
>not headline worthy
>The Batman crosses $735.1 million
>headline worthy

I don't understand film journalism

NPCs like the idea of a rich guy doing something good. Same reason why losers and incels like Spider-Man.
>muh great power means I take care of you

Go Batman, Go Batman, Go!

Attached: Capture.png (686x730, 50.04K)

They need to make a new post Covid list. Because outside a few MCU movies, we ain’t going back to that kind of numbers again. People are accustom to streaming shit now. Batman will be in HBO next week

BTFO'd by no way home

>sick batmobile that isnt a tim burton shop class project
>batman, the detective, frequently using detective skills
>cat was only a little bit cringe, making it the best cat performance to date
>no played out wild playboy bruce banner, being batman is his only focus
>no origin story but still only 2 years into batman, so no james bond with a cape vibes
>”flying” based in reality
> batman actually gets hit often as henchmen dont take him on one by one
>Bruces parents are relevant to the storyline outside driving batmans revenge

It was a good watch

some korean war battle where they got curb stomped

Bruce banner. Ill show myself out sorry.

>still less than NWH
lmao fucking pathetic

You’re proof /tv is full of retards. Let’s compare yet another Batman reboot Post Covid to SpiderMan was introduced massively successful Civil War and has Robert Downey Jr’s Iron Man selling the movie pre Covid

>Increased ticket prices by 25% on average
>No competition
>Post COVID boom period
>Released in China

And yet it can't beat critically derided Batman v Superman or an R rated film about Joker.

Almost all of China was in Covid lockdown. And what post Covid boom for theaters? Especially did a movie that was going to bd on HBO Max less than two months after release

it FLOPPED

Maybe people would be interested in the previous batman if they actually released some fucking films with him

>muh tickets didn't do gud
Since when have box office sales EVER been a good indicator of how good a movie is? Box office comes down to marketing and release date, that's it.

How can you faggots pan a movie with classic Paul Dano in it? This movie was better than the Dark Knight and you retards are sleeping on it. Fuck zoomers.

Attached: 0_saTk1EJSWJZtfME5.png (640x442, 203.58K)

It takes time to write an article and the number gets updated before publishing. Use your brain dumb chud.

While I agree with the sentiment. Even if I was the one in charge of such a thing I would not even know where to begin.
The invention of the Internet probably was a bigger gamechanger than Covid ever was and we do not have a different list for that either.
Hell, I think that gauged by the amount of time people just wasted standing in line for ET, ANH, LionKing, Jurassic Park, Aladdin and Titanic and possibly not even getting in that they should be way higher on this list.
Alas, not how the numbercrunchers work.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (474x324, 38.03K)

Damn most box office predictors had $800m as the floor wit $900m as a strong possibility.

only good movies are Zack Snyder films, that's it
as good as it gets

>How can you faggots pan a movie with classic Paul Dano in it?
Because the rest of the movie sucked and he was ill fitting for the role.

This. It’s just butthurt Snyder fags and MCU shills.
The movie is anything but a flop. It’s getting a sequel. Pattinson is Batman. Deal with it faggots

>It’s getting a sequel.
Where's the announcement? And when the fuck is that a sign of the movie doing good? WW84 got a sequel greenlit.

I was ready to hate this movie, came out of the theatre very impressed

Streaming was inevitable but Covid speed the process up. In 10 years, big theaters chains will be dead. It’ll just be small theaters marketed to art house crowds.
When Covid first hit, all people did was upgrade their home entertainment. I saw so many fucking big screen tvs coming out of Best Buy

I was ready to love this movie, came out of the theatre very disappointed

Gen Xer. I’ve been a Batman fan before it was cool to like Batman. People always thought Batman was either gay or campy like Adam West TV show. Batman ‘89 changed peoples perception of Batman but it still wasn’t the Batman I waiting to see. Bale’s Batman bored me. Tried so hard to be James Bond over Batman. Affleck just had shit material. This movie, was the first time I felt “this is Batman” on screen.

Does this mean films will have good scores again instead of the inoffensive nothingness that has been common lately?

I'm a sucker for the noir atmosphere and cyberpunk-lite cities so I loved it, plus Pattinson's take on Batman is interesting.

So you didn't care that this movie shit all over Batman's mythos or character?

Faggots bitching about all the mistakes Batman makes forget this is year 2 Batman. A Batman didn’t rely on Fox, a nigger BTW, to do everything for him like Nolan movies
I swear if Begins came out today it’d trigger all the faggots on here

Called it user. 10/10

Loved the movie because itself 100% seriously even with all the goofy stuff. How comic films should be.

>Faggots bitching about all the mistakes Batman makes forget this is year 2 Batman.
The point is that Batman had two whole years to git gud. In the comics Batman didn't made any of these mistakes in the first year, much less in the second one.
Batman being this big of a fuckup in the movie is all because the director wanted to "make a point" about vigilantism.

Give me specific examples how it shit on his myth. You’re taking to Batman comic nerd!

Thomas is crooked, Martha is crazy.
Batman never went after corrupt politicians or mob leaders in two whole years.
Batman only goes after petty crimes just because.
Batman is dumb as fuck just because.
Bruce left the Wayne Enterprises to rot.
Bruce is an out of touch judgement fool.

The fuck he didn’t make mistakes. If going off just Miler’s Year One, that’s just his narrow interpretation. His Batman BTW was just The Punisher. The Batman I grew up with was the Denny O’Beuld Neil Adams Bronze Age Batman

How the fuck are people still interested in superhero movies.

>If going off just Miler’s Year One, that’s just his narrow interpretation. His Batman BTW was just The Punisher.
You're a fucking retard.

You obviously never read a Batman comic in your life

Thomas being a crook, Martha being crazy, and Batman being a motherfucking breathing retard is from Geoff Johns' Earth One: Batman, but everyone that knows anything about DC comics would know that Johns fucking despise the Batman character and that his Earth One graphic novels despite the good art are shitty as fuck.

Miller is a hack
Batman le psychopath
Knows everything that’s going to happen
Created whole “Batman can defeat anyone with prep” time meme

Why people bitch about Wayne’s being corrupt assholes in this movie but total cool with Thomas Wayne being a asshole in The Joker

>makes less worldwide than No Way Home made domestic
Yikes
They shouldn't have put alienating racial propaganda in your movie. Shouldn't have made Batman look like an inept retard who needs villains to solve his problems. Shouldn't have done le gritty, grounded, and realistic again.

Because Joker wasn't about Batman and was an entirely original movie. Just a off-shoot take on it. This movie is a reboot of the Batman franchise.
Not to mention that this movie made the Waynes crooked to push a fucking ass stupid propaganda. It is a disingenuous move.

>Created whole “Batman can defeat anyone with prep” time meme
That was Grant Morrison, retard, with his JLA run.

Shut the fuck up about shit you don't know.

I hate Zoomers so much. Who do think Morrison aped! Who think set Post Crisis Batman up. Fucking Miller you retard!

Well, shit. Too bad the US is about 7500 Kilometers from my bed. Else I would have picked up a new better projector for some friends&family thing we do every Sunday. Best movie by all votes that came out of that thing sofar? Some Direct 2 DVD thing that came out two years before the live action remake that is on the list.

But what I was trying to say is that by having the cinema's compete with people with home equipment that is simply better and without popcorn underneath your feet. Yeah.
> 10 years
That is being awfully generous.

Attached: Batman_Assault_on_Arkham_cover.jpg (266x374, 19.11K)

>Thomas is crooked, Martha is crazy.
>Batman never went after corrupt politicians or mob leaders in two whole years.
>Batman only goes after petty crimes just because.
>Batman is dumb as fuck just because.
All from the Long Halloween

Why lie?
Thomas wasn't crooked in The Long Halloween, Thomas simple saved Falcone's son from dying.
Martha wasn't crazy in TLH.
Batman already went after corrupt politicians and mob leaders in Year One, he just didn't have much to put Falcone away YET. That's why he and James Gordon teamup with Harvey Dent. This is something Batman is keenly aware he must do the moment he comes back to Gotham.
Batman isn't dumb in TLH. He is an actual detective in it. He just fails sometimes, but not in the way the character does in the movie.

Go fuck yourself, shill.

Tim Sale's art is terrific

Attached: E98Zp8kVgAc11-U.jpg (1176x663, 223.46K)

This version of Batman is very grounded so he doesn’t feel like he is or wants to be a superhero yet. Very much a reluctant hero like a Batman Neo instead of Batman Bond. It’s heavily inspired by Fincher. The detective story could have been stronger and not paced exactly like se7en, but strong themes save it from being derivative imo.

>He just fails sometimes
Have you seen the Long Halloween movie

Such a big profit.

Attached: 39BB9D1A-E307-4FCC-ADF5-76AE846EF049.jpg (1125x592, 108.13K)

user. He’s a WB Shill. They are paid to lie and gaslight. Don’t engage with them.

>it's only the 45th best selling movie of all time out of literal thousands!
This isn't the stunning critique you think it is.

Cope pajeet

It is not critique at all. I honestly hope it beats some of em.
Suicide Squad at least.

i want to get leg murdered by Catwoman, why

>China
>India

Eat the disc.

Attached: marvel schizo.png (736x896, 548.24K)