Honest opinion on man of steel

honest opinion on man of steel

Attached: images (96).jpg (449x683, 33.68K)

It’s aight. Fantastic action and great score. I used to have more problems with it not being ‘muh Superman’ but these days anything with some kind of artistic vision should be appreciated somewhat, versus all the focus tested factory shlock.

Anyway, Lois Lane is the worst part.

beautiful crap

Two scenes could be removed and change a lot of the reception to it, but as is, it’s still pretty good.

Snyder and Goyer were a terrible pairing

I wish Terrio came aboard sooner. Him and Zack pair well

Amazing soundtrack, yet Zack Snyder does not understand Superman, Superheroes and their morality nor ethos.

Have Superman save a few people instead of indifferently watching Zod throw oil tankers at you.

Doomed from the start because Zack is fundamentally incapable of understanding or representing Superman
But he did his honest best

his costume needs something to break up the solid color, maybe a belt since the movie is too "mature" for the red pants.

Superman is my favorite comic character ever by a mile. Man of Steel might be one of the worst, most insulting take on him I've ever seen. It still pisses me off to this day.

t. didn't watch the movie

One of the few decent capeshit movies, i like the feeling of how paper like the world would be of 2 beings like that fought, it reminded me of primal rage.

B+

Never watched it. Probably never will. I've heard the action is great, but the art direction and even the cast are such red flags that I'm reasonably confident I could do better with no experience and no practice. What little I've seen of the script also matches up with that. Snyder is a boon to aspiring filmmakers, he's proof that any fool can do it. I'm glad to know Snyder exists. That said, people shouldn't actually consume his films.

Zach is just like M. Night, literally all he needs is a tard wrangler to be there and tell him when to stop and iron out the issues with his scripts and he’d be shitting out nonstop kino. He should never been given complete creative control but he is still very good at many things. Just the kinda guy that needs a second to keep him steady.

It's enjoyable but the pacing felt very rushed, as if trying to stuff two movies worth of plot into one. It looked very pretty, and Krypton was truly alien. I like the suit. Overall I appreciate that whatever its shortcomings it was sincere unlike most capeshit and other genre movies that are obsessed with being ironic and a deconstructive

The art direction is good

Attached: mos-buttplugs.gif (300x322, 2.82M)

One of my favorite 4K UHD films. Sounds great.

Dreck for pajeets.

Kino. In all seriousness, It isn't bad so much as it's not superman. Too many Ridley Scott influences.

"Noooooo it isn't like my 90s kids cartoon" shut up, nerd.

this, superman should have been an asian woman.

>711 sign
>sears sign
>wilhelm screams
How to ruin a good movie.

barely remember it

the Battle of iHOP is kino

Attached: busting.gif (235x235, 1.75M)

its pure kino
not muh superman fags can get fucked

>he couldn't create a better Superman than MoS
kek

Attached: 1609706402202.jpg (960x849, 190.88K)

Good first half.

THAT scene is kino

its the best super hero movie i ever watched and i say that unironicaly

Should have been about Lex.

Kek

watch more superhero movies and I say that with a deep sense of irony

Superman is a bitch compared to Doctor Doom. Lex Luthor can suck it too.

Toot!

Attached: img434.jpg (830x769, 341.9K)

i did. most modern superheroes movies are ruined the the writing, bad visuals and stupid jokes that ruin the pacing of sometimes the whole movie
seriously ragnarock is one of the worse movies i ever watched, dude father fucking dies and they are making stupid jokes less than a minute after

i quite like Batman returns and say its the second best, but Man of steel is better

Attached: 1643047524009.jpg (1075x1480, 265.17K)

Attached: 1623712339515.jpg (2048x2048, 513.5K)

where did the meme of "superman doesnt kill" came from anyway?
is just people confusing sups with batman?
do they think superman made a vowel of never killing once his planet was shot in a back alley after watching zorro or something?

How many of you backseat driving retards have this idea in your head that he wrote the script? Independent of whether you think the result is good or bad in quality, this basic lack of understanding just paints you in the least flattering terms whenever you try to argue your point.

>Snyder is a boon to aspiring filmmakers, he's proof that any fool can do it. I'm glad to know Snyder exists

Attached: 1648115740038.jpg (1769x1822, 412.5K)

Does his logo net suffocate any of them? I can’t remember the end beats of Superman 2 completely.

he throws them down a pit and kills them

The Superman = Jesus thing is a tired comparison and Snyder leaned too hard into it. Also Clark was too broody, felt like I was watching Batman. He doesn't need to crack jokes like a Marvel movie or anything inane like that, but Supes is supposed to try and inspire people to be better versions of themselves. Also letting his dad die like that was stupid.

much like Star Trek (2009) and Tropic Thunder, I could watch the first 10 minutes an infinite number of times and still love it

Not more than the Donner's movies or Singer's movie.

Attached: 1624399111687.jpg (750x935, 92.38K)

Lol, well done Clark.

>The Superman = Jesus thing is a tired comparison
what other superman property did it?

Best Superman movie IMO, then again I'm not a big Superman fan and that familiar with the source material

He absolutely had influence on the script and anyone who denies that is a DC pajeet
In any case he was attached to the project from the word go - he could certainly have turned down a script/writer and selected another
He’s the director, the big cheese, the head honcho. The buck fucking stops with him.

I barely remember the Donner movie and am mostly comparing Man of Steel to what I like from what I like from the comics. I think Superman TAS/Justice League captured the essence of Supes well.

The actor didn't sell me on Superman. I understand that it's an origin story, but something was missing. Some sort of intrinsic spark wasn't there.

Attached: 71295.png (1015x985, 1.19M)

Turn out Snyder’s amazing at making everyone do great work except himself.

Casuals fans of Superman that still want to be an authority on everything relating to the character.
Man of Steel (2013) IS an adaptation of the 80's reboot envisioned and written by John Byrne. Krypton being a sterile place with cloned people, Clark feeling lost due to his alien nature and travelling the world during his youth in search of answers, Superman at first being a reluctant hero, big destroying cities battles, Superman being forced to kill the invading kryptonians to save life, Lois being a redhead, and so on.

Attached: 1623407517169.jpg (407x585, 46.71K)

You really are a retard

Nolan gave an interview where he talked about how he went to DC to ask them whether they were okay with Superman killing Zod on screen in Man of Steel. I forget if he mentioned Snyder being with him at this point, but you are right in that they clearly had control of the script.

Here's the moment from John Byrne's run where Superman executes the kryptonian criminals. This was a big defining moment for the run and Superman's character development during said run.

This is what Zack Snyder was trying to honor.

Attached: 1645040292782.jpg (1882x2885, 3.41M)

Top capeshit.

>Director Zack Snyder
Snyder had the worst ideas possible and the WB said amen to all the nonsense he did and the WB continues to give excessive freedom to the directors, James Gunn made Pacemaker and Adrian Chase be gay

>Actor Henry Cavill
He didn't do a good job he just arrived on the set and spoke his lines adding nothing to the character, unlike Christopher Reeve who did a lot of improvisation and created a Clark and Superman different from each other, body language and voice, Cavill did a lazy job

WB disliked Zack Snyder even then. They gave amen to Christopher Nolan, who had co-written the script with David S. Goyer, his writing partner from all the Batman movies. WB wanted Nolan as a director, but Nolan was already busy with The Dark Knight Rises post-production and wanted for his personal friend, Snyder, as a director. WB couldn't do anything about because otherwise Nolan would pull the plug. Nolan also served as a producer on the movie so he could shield Snyder from WB's execs interference. WB's execs had to run everything by Nolan first.

by the way, the decision of killing Zod, something Nolan wasn't entirely sure by that Goyer wanted since it was a big thing from the comics, was ran by DC, the publisher, and DC itself gave the go ahead because Superman in comics by then had killed several villains and monsters already and that was a nothing issue for them.

Like all Snyder movies- great trailer shite film

Attached: 1532471775899.jpg (283x336, 13.08K)

based
the old superman is atrocious and nothing like superman
man of steel is much closer

get fucking rekt zod

He's a big guy

what happened in bvs with Nolan and his wife? they greenlit all of Snyder's ideas?