Video game mogs every sequel in the series

>video game mogs every sequel in the series

Attached: alien-isolation-button-fin-1639607046894.jpg (1000x1000, 111.63K)

And mogs every other horror game made in the last decade

>is good for the first hour but loses all its tension when you realise that outside the scripted sections you will never run into the alien ever as long as you just walk everywhere then drags on for fucking eternity in your path

It's not as simple as just walking, the alien still wanders around and what not, but yes the game does drag on too long. It should have ended on the Anesidora.

'Exploring' the derelict was kind of lame

lolwut? did you play the game? The game tells the Alien where your general area is and will drop it on you even if you're stealthed, you'll figure this out immediately if you actually played it.

>t. walked under dripping vents like a 5 year old retard

>xenomorphs running around in space vacuum giving zero shits

Na it was ass.

yeah okay so you played on easy mode lol.

xens could always survive in space though

Seethe niglet. You’re just trash.

Attached: FD2A3FAF-2F80-4364-A2B6-4F3CF3F1BC0C.jpg (1620x625, 1.74M)

>Alien Isolation was 8 years ago

Attached: 1641404057343.jpg (567x552, 31.6K)

>Alien Isolation's sequel was some shitty mobile game

Attached: 1649560026690.jpg (1280x960, 314.69K)

bullshit. all the xenos i talk to say they cant survive in space.

>when you realise that outside the scripted sections you will never run into the alien
That's simply not true

Attached: Untitled.png (539x392, 228.78K)

looks amazing considering its age

Based

i have this game downloaded but only played a bit of the beginning

SovietWomble's playthrough of that game is still the funniest thing I've seen on youtube

NorwegianTomble's playthrough of that game is still the funniest thing I've seen on youtube

What's stopping you? I was filtered for the longest time at the med bay where you first encounter the xeno. I dropped the game a few times then finally pushed myself through that section and completed the game in two or three sittings. It was fun as fuck and very faithful to the source material.

Attached: 163889646747.jpg (600x456, 28.67K)

Why did the alien have digitigrade legs?

deliciously BTFO.

>loads up his ps4 just to "own" some user on Yea Forums
dunno if cringe or based

what was I gonna say in response? He's literally just lying and saying "hurr u can avoid the Alien if u walk" which is literally just not true, I can't continue the argument from that point

I have like 60 games downloaded that i haven't started or finished too
>stop playing game for no real reason
>forget the controls and what's going on in the story when i try to play it again, get annoyed and stop playing again
it's 100% my fault for being a retard

Attached: jemwallbang.gif (500x374, 1.99M)

I felt like it stopped being a horror game and started just being incredibly frustrating when I died 100 times to the ayylmao
I started on the highest difficulty though, maybe my brain is too smooth for this shit

not that guy but in the same situation sorta, have the game for so long and cant get myself past the first couple hours. its just so boring, maybe i should play it in the dark and on some sort of stimulant?

I thought it was ok but it really outstays its welcome. You've seen/experienced everything it has to offer in the first couple of hours. There was one amazing death that happened to me when I threw a flare into a dark vent revealing the xeno was right there. It was a moment I couldn't replicate if I tried but its also probably the only scare I got from the entire playthrough.

>tfw you beat the story
>tfw you discover there is a VR mod
>it actually works
>you get to stare down the alien as it kills you on full 3D VR
pic absolutely fucking related

Attached: 1649598039840.gif (200x150, 1.84M)

Shit really? I might have to give that a try. How janky is the VR?

They need to do a miniseries on HBO based on this

I still can't complete this because when I was a kid I played alien trilogy almost non stop for 72 hours back when you could rent games from the video store. Wanted to complete it before taking it back, it got so bad I was hearing the motion tracker in my head afterwards when the house was quiet at night.

Absolutely correct and they should do a film sequel to Isolation

I replayed it only last week.

No, it's boring as shit. The only good Alien media is the one exploring the lore and mythology

Filtered

SPOTTED THE BABA BOOEY!

Attached: bababooey.jpg (512x348, 37.16K)

Yea because it's maybe 8-10 hours long and so it can go deeper into the story and don't forget the devs studied the original one tried to create everything with soul unlike the fuckin movies.

Attached: 1649453163879.jpg (665x574, 38.62K)

If you like the Thing, try out pic related. It's a far simpler 2D game but quite fun as it puts you in the "shoes" of the monster.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 133.94K)

>8-10 hours long
More like 18-20 hours long

Yeah you were, by King Ridley

Attached: prometheus-1-1629926686.jpg (2000x1000, 292.34K)

Attached: 1617940847634.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

There's a Thing game from 2002 that is a sequel to the original film. It's fairly well made for it's time, although it might not run on any system.
But yeah, Carrion is basically a symbiote game except you don't have 1 specific host.

Based. Just to flex on em. Because unlike the easy mode fag user. Dude is not playing on easy mode. He don’t take no shit from anyone. He plays his game on nightmare mode. He don’t have to find a hideout place like fag user! Oh ho ho ho!

Attached: cover3.jpg (1600x900, 557.88K)

It’s AI is indeed programmed to do that but if you are very quiet it does have a very hard time finding you. Honestly though i legitimately don’t see it as a big issue. You still know the thing is out there on the map actively looking for you, and admitting you did everything as patiently as possible to avoid is confirming it impacted your behavior and you were likely intimidated by encountering it enough to actively avoid running into it.

You get that achievement for completing the game on hard mode, which is the mode the game recommends you play it on.

Nightmare mode was added later and is far more challenging. The trophies were not update to reflect this new mode.

Imagine the ai starts to learn and develop itself further to break out of the game. Lol

Aliens: Alien Ass Fingerer Special Force

cast it

Me as the xenomorph

>motion tracker
For me it was AvP. I liked the sequel a lot more but have more time on the first one.

Its not scary and kinda dull when you realize 90% of the game is just crouching in a corner waiting for the xeno to leave so you can get back to whatever you were doing

There are times where that seems true but most of the times not really to my memory. Best memory I have is after doing one of the objectives it sounds an alarm and trying to get back to the tram. I know the alarm will affect the Alien's behavior but not sure exactly how, then as I'm crouch walking down the hall with not many spots I can hide, I hear the hiss and see drool coming from the vent right in front of me. If the goal was to put you in a playable Alien movie then that was a moment of perfection. It's moments like that that have me hoping another game like it gets made, but Isolation is almost 10 years old now.

Don't waste your time, creepycrawly games likes this are universally five nights at Freddy's-tier twitch watching zoomlet tier

The bloated development stages of games today has made life go by in slow motion if you look at game releases. Thief II came out in 2000 and think about all the GOATs and visible technology advances past it (except for sound) in the next 8 years. Now think about Alien: Isolation and it's following 8 years.

This game is nothing at all similar to Five Nights at Freddys.

>video game mogs every sequel in the series

Attached: 5B344D2C-0037-463A-ADCC-CFED03AED5B3.jpg (800x618, 55.21K)

lol prometheus is always the best b8

sorry I forgot to reply.
The VR is surprisingly good, bearing in mind it's a completely non-VR designed game to begin with.
The headset controls the camera + aim, so you can peek corners perfectly welland move your head etc., but it's meant to be a seated experience. You still need k&m or ideally a controller to move around and navigate menus.
It's called MotherVR on github last I remember but I don't think it's in active development anymore.

yfw

Attached: 1625247692878.jpg (765x510, 76.58K)

even if that's true only video games play nerds