Off-brand Actors

>sir, we can't afford Christian Bale
>I've got just the guy

Attached: images (6).jpg (195x258, 6.17K)

Just saw Gattaca, Hawkenis really good

kino film

You literally just saw a picture of him, thought they looked similar in it, and decided Ethan Hawke must be a discount Christian Bale despite Ethan Hawke predating Christian Bale in stardom, having an entirely different career, and in every other picture really not looking that much alike.

op btfo delet thread log off and kys

>Stay stay stay stay ooooooooooooohh waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah good girl

no, this is gattaca thread now.

Attached: index.png (400x400, 172.09K)

>Hawke
>Lower than Bale

This fuckin' guy.

Christian Bale costs way more than Ethan Hawke and they play the same characters

Based Rocco.

ethan hawke gets paid in 1990s dollars

>middle aged white guys with light brown hair and somewhat-thin faces are all just off-brand versions of Christian Bale
Suddenly OP realizes that limiting his cinematic experience to only Nolan's Batman trilogy was perhaps a mistake.

>Christian Bale costs way more than Ethan Hawke and they play the same characters
No, they really don't.

Attached: 1620853739150.jpg (564x705, 86.91K)

Christian Bale has been in tons of movies. Dark knight trilogy, American psycho, the list goes on

does the list go on?

budget matt Deamon

Attached: 267123_full.jpg (300x300, 16.72K)

Absolutely.

Terminator, The Machinist, Little Women, The Prestige, American Hustle, Reign of Fire

OP btfo'd it's over!

Neal McDonough is basically a character actor. He's not really brought on to be a discount of any particular actor. He's just great when you need a white guy about his age that can play "solid".

Attached: 1648972909347.jpg (3000x2002, 1.51M)

>terminator
lol?
>reign of fire
ill give you machinist for his bullshit prep but the movie sucked and his performance sucked.

they are movies and he was in them.
>you: lost
>me: won
>my dopamine: surging
>your dopamine: diminishing

budget of the budget of Jesse Plemons

OP here. I've decided that Ethan Hawke is actually discount Jeff Bridges. The resemblance is uncanny. Ethan is obviously off-brand Jeff Bridges for when you don't want to spend as much for Jeff Bridges but want a good enough Jeff Bridges -like actor.

Attached: 1648289191709.jpg (2977x1785, 527.19K)

>they are movies
>terminator salvation
>movies

Real OP here
>sir, Hugh Jackman is tied up, what do we do?
>make the call.

Attached: Robert_Downey_Jr_2014_Comic_Con_(cropped).jpg (1200x1700, 352.01K)

>Sir, we spent too much of our budget on Asian CGI, we can't afford Brad Pitt anymore
>I've got just the man

Attached: MV5BMTQyMTExNTMxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDg1NzkzNw@@._V1_.jpg (1365x2048, 474.86K)

>Gary Senise turned into a conservative grifter???
>Fuck my mouth and ass
>Go get that new guy with all the h's in his name
>We can build a better Gary Sinise

Attached: 1648043111764.jpg (1000x1500, 159.34K)

>looks and acts nothing like Brad Pitt
At least you stayed consistent with OP

did he ever do a good movie after the really early 90s? i remember he had some alien manchurian candidate movie i kinda liked as a kid

Looks like discount Brad pitt

>how about Arnold Schwarzenegger?
>he's busy
>how about al Pacino?
>too expensive
>we've only one option left

Attached: images (7).jpg (1080x1440, 395.43K)

Is this an elaborate troll post or is everyone on this site face-blind because of severe autism?

>Sir, Chris Tucker doesn't like the slap in the script, he's backing out
>move to plan B

Attached: Chris_Rock_2014.jpg (640x853, 155.05K)

Its about off brand actors. They don't have to look identical. Are you sure YOU don't have autism?

for many years i thought chris rock and chris tucker were the same person

Wingham was great in a supporting role in Vice Principals but that was an HBO series. Playing like-able characters that you expect to be dickheads is good for someone who is at risk of being typecast, I guess, even if it's a smaller supporting role. He could easily be stuck playing smarmy grimacing jerks.

Attached: 1644875383295.jpg (4950x3300, 2.06M)

WTF, he is genuinely my favorite actor.
> Gattaca
> First Reformed
> Dead Poet's Society
> Great Expectations
> Hamlet
> Lord of War
> Sinister

Also like Christian Bale though. I don't frequent this board but this thread appeared on home and I couldn't help myself.

I'm pretty sure this entire thread is about making bad "discount actor" posts.

Check out off-brand Norman Reedus!

Attached: 1627188595894.jpg (630x1200, 43.06K)

Thats off brand Willem Dafoe
And that is off brand ben stiller

budget affleck

Attached: pofleck.jpg (679x1000, 108.95K)

youre kidding right? Ethan Hawke has done some pretty entertaining films

He's still discount Christian Bale

It was a bad take and you are clearly wrong. Give it up.

>It only smellz

No my take is correct

hey ethan

well he’s obviously aping his look here

Guys Ethan Hawk is obviously Christian Bale just look at them rite?

racist

No, christian bale is more handsome and a better actor. Which is why Ethan is off-brand Bale

He cute.

Attached: snoo snoo.jpg (2060x1236, 675.96K)

>nigga, we can't afford morgan friedman
>I know just the nigga

Attached: budget morgan friedman.jpg (400x400, 16.58K)

>sir, we cannot afford to have Jackie Chan write, direct and star in his own movie
>what are we going to do?
>don't worry, we have someone I'm mind

Attached: 2-11-e1508360531744.jpg (733x634, 300.47K)

>sir, i know you wanted tom hardy but we can't afford him
>ok then get me that guy, what's his name again?

>but this thread appeared on home and I couldn't help myself.
You navigate to Yea Forums boards via the HOME PAGE? Dios mio

Attached: LFTs.jpg (3024x4032, 1.33M)

shit

Attached: Logan_Marshall-Green.jpg (454x600, 79.64K)

Awful post, Freeman plays quiet and smart black characters. SLJ plays loud negroes. Plus, they don’t even look the same

Hawke is honestly the only redeeming thing in moon knight. My guilty pleasure with him is daybreakers and sinister

>based jap

Attached: kitaNOhomo.png (1280x520, 531.17K)

Jamie Pressly is not a discount Margo Robbie despite them looking almost identical. The reason for this is because they (a) have an entirely different career niche and (b) peaked during different timeframes. Clearly you/OP are retards who are unfamiliar with Ethan Hawkes career or else you wouldn't be trying to make this retarded idea that Hawke is a discount Bale get traction.

Just like your stupid Hawke/Bale comparison, Jamie Pressly was a full decade ahead of Margot Robbie and has her own career that (while not as big a star as Robbie) is respectable in it's own right and doesn't make her a "discount" version of any particular actress, but perhaps interchangeable or equivalent to others. Same with Hawke. Also, like Robbie, her personality is significantly different enough to make them distinct. Christian Bale could never play "cool" the way Ethan Hawke can. Bale has too much dickhead energy.

In short, OP is a faggot.

Attached: 1647835906929.jpg (720x1280, 49.28K)

>we need someone to play the smart and sophisticated black man but Whitaker and Fishbourne aren’t here
>Say no more sir, I know just the guy

Attached: F2806846-6F2D-40C9-BB34-F9748335DC6A.jpg (299x168, 6.11K)

You are fucking dumb. White women treat Morgan Freeman like he's a magic negro trope in the flesh. He's literally played God like he's George fucking Burns. Morgan Freeman got so inexplicably popular that it became a joke in the late 90's / early 00's. He gets random jokes in both South Park and Family Guy. That's when you know a person has become a meme. Meanwhile, Sam Jackson is a thug with a heart of gold. Everybody likes him. He's a certified "bad motherfucker". Not exactly the same thing.

Hawke is off-brand in no way. The powerful crazy he channeled into his portrayal of John Brown was the sole reason I watched “The Good Lord Bird.”

Name one film that wouldn't be better if they replaced Ethan with christian

To me, he looks more like Cumberbatch there.

>we need someone to play a cracker slaughtering nigger
>we can't afford will smith saying the N WORD
>I know just the nigger

Attached: will smith.jpg (610x408, 17.17K)

Guy from zoolander?

This guy gets it.

Holy fuck. OP literally assraped.

This one fucks with me.