Comfy 90s/early 2000s Anime Thread

Is it worth buying old anime tapes to watch on VHS in CURRENT YEAR?

Attached: tenor.gif (498x372, 900.59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mgw69hd8OOI
youtu.be/xRMQ9e4-WBU?t=70
youtube.com/watch?v=WHKdKMaNg-c
youtu.be/eI_el2XhI8s
youtube.com/watch?v=fVPPbe_gl9A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fucking die already. sick of your faggot ass spamming threads with your schizo shit youre on the wrong fucking board weeb fagg

Attached: digibro-top.jpg (900x506, 106.07K)

Yes, analogue is always better. It'll also be better for the environment rather than constantly streaming it

>watching tranime

yeah. it hits different. for me it would be outlaw star or tenchi muyo.

There's a difference between anime and tranime

Herbs
Kys weebshit
DO YOU JOB FUCKING TRANNY JANNY

Jungle Wa Itsumo Hare Nochi Guu mogged all parody animes so hard for me I couldn't really enjoy them anymore. Same for how it made fun of tropes that became so prevalent today that I couldn't take anime seriously anymore. And then it ended on a permanent cliff hanger as a final fuck you. Love it

Anime is for faggot trannies.

False flag. Anime was here long before troonies and will be here long after

there isn't. stop spamming f/a/ggot

Doesn’t matter. Anime has been completely co-opted by trannies and there’s no going back. It’s like trying to argue that Marvel is still nerdy.

God I love the hand-inked cell days. As soon as they went to digital it all became so sterile.

I like my anime girls a little goofy sometimes, a little cartoonish. I don't WANT porcelain waifus. I don't LIKE porcelain waifus.

Attached: tumblr_69b6b40c65af161b49d0cdc26190c3b3_937f97f2_500.gif (414x360, 960K)

So you let trannies dictate what you watch?

Oh, like Yea Forums has?

what pisses me off about modern anime are the background. it's just reworked photos.

Attached: 1648854408005.jpg (1737x2647, 826.74K)

No he's right. Getter, Patlabor, and pic related are great. Something changed though and anime lost it's spark. I don't know what happened, I was trying to fix something else at the time.

Attached: Showtime..gif (376x282, 2.9M)

Most anime is garbage to begin with. The trannies are just the cherry on top.

No nigger, what modern anime has lost is the cartoonish expression.

Attached: Gunsmith-Cats-Minnie-May-gif-001-20180314.gif (500x375, 1004.92K)

don't care, still not watching nip shit

I fucking hate newfags so godamn much

they really don't draw things like this anymore...

Attached: hqdefsauls.jpg (480x360, 15.13K)

No, they sure don't

Attached: TUFm.gif (500x365, 1023.24K)

Outside of 4chsn I barely see trannies at all, it's literally a mostly in your head thing, and I'm truly sorry you have to live with it.

great choice of series to start things off with, OP

youtu.be/mgw69hd8OOI

Attached: 1520033401671.jpg (1280x853, 337.83K)

lmao, what exactly do you think modern animators and artists do? Draw literally everything from scratch? It's not a fucking impressionist painting dude. It's animation. Artists have always used references and even traced when necessary since time in memorial.

Regardless, those "reworked photo" background arts look amazing and still requires an incredible amount of skill to produce.

anime has always been infantile garbage for autists. grow the fuck up.

>muh anime website
let it go

I love the art style of the era, though it's hard to emulate but that's most art I guess when you're trying to learn

PA gets into some pretty dark stuff

youtu.be/xRMQ9e4-WBU?t=70

TV anime peaked with Bebop and anime movies peaked with Akira

Attached: 98B9F7F7-CD0A-4ED2-BA09-6177A27DA202.jpg (641x478, 8.17K)

80s/90s anime
>thick outlines
>small pupil on normally shaded eyes
>saturated colors

modern anime
>overshaded upper eyelids with giant pupils
>thin outlines
>pastel colors

I didn't watch all of it because I found it too depressing, but I would probably appreciate it more now.

>he can't enjoy goofy shit sometimes in addition to more serious shit
being overly scared of goofy shit is peak mark of a pseud

>garbage

youtube.com/watch?v=WHKdKMaNg-c

Attached: Kino.jpg (1300x1300, 485.99K)

youtu.be/eI_el2XhI8s

You just don't get it.

God I love Aisha

Attached: 1396043449682.gif (360x240, 1.11M)

nips cannot make anything of value. they are literally soulless bug people. they can't write anything that has a semblance of humanity. everything comes off inhuman and juvenile. they only emulate or steal. why do amerimutts think bebop is good? because it's entirely ripping off western cinema. nothing about it is japanese and that's the appeal otherwise it would be bogged down by cringe. if im gonna be watching cartoons i want the good stuff from the source, not diluted crap. the sooner you all learn this the better. stop watching anime or NGMI.

Attached: 61fd272a80b37b609f550fad.jpg (850x478, 136.58K)

>cries about anime being childish
>goes off and plays video games

based and redpilled. hell, even chinks had a better art culture than them

>Draw literally everything from scratch?

that's what i prefer

Post face.

>implying implications
anime is on par with video games as a childish waste of time. so little of it has artistic merit or excellence story and character wise. i feel nothing but deep sadness for the idiots of Yea Forums and the rejects who think making tranime threads here is cool to do. fuck off.

>buying anime in the first place
>buying anime from defunct/dead/broken studios who are way past their prime or literally dead
>buying anything
Retard.

Attached: 1600895046593.webm (258x500, 367.6K)

post hand

I miss him so much bros...

Post face.

that's not the hand inked era, that's firmly into the xerox days

>time in memorial

>Draw literally everything from scratch?

yes

Attached: 1513741214538.gif (540x302, 1.86M)

ur on a wrong website newfriendo

imagine being this new

If you niggas hold on I'll try to find my 80s/90s anime kino list Yea Forums helped me compile a while back

Yea Forums has always been infantile garbage for autists. grow the fuck up

fun doesn't mean good and anime isn't art.
even when it crosses into art territory it's not good art nor high art. it's just schlock. old anime is pretty schlock if you can call it that cause i personally find the art styles kitsch and insulting.

>Artists have always used references and even traced when necessary since time in memorial.

references are fine. what i don't like is tracing and reworking photos.

Attached: 3image.jpg (3166x889, 2.79M)

for example, look how the photocopy process has picked up the roughness of the pencil line here compared to the smooth weighted pen line of a hand inked cel

Attached: Aisha%20grr.jpg (3161x2678, 876.92K)

I didn't fix this list up whatsoever but it at least denotes what's an OVA, an OVA series, a full series, or a movie

Attached: anikino for tv.png (1599x700, 93.65K)

There's some obvious stuff missing for this like Berserk and Akira but you should know about these already

Classic anime tends to pop up on /m. Just in case anyone was wondering.
I appreciate you so much user.

>him
Um, sweetie? It's "Béatrice Déraciné" now. Get it right, chud.
>picrel
youtube.com/watch?v=fVPPbe_gl9A

Attached: 6543654.png (514x500, 387.78K)

I remember when Limewire was the shit I found a DDR remix version of this. This must be what nostalgia is because listening to this is just smile inducing.

Glad to spread the kino, fren

was fixin to shitpost but then i saw you had louie in the list
based

>all that schlock and moeshit
very kino indeed