What do you do, just listen to your TV's little shit speakers?

What do you do, just listen to your TV's little shit speakers?
A soundbar?

KEK, call me when you can actually hear your movie. Call me when you have

Surround Soundâ„¢

Attached: 960x0[1].jpg (960x960, 85.82K)

fuck i wish i was cool but i'm not i just listen to my stupid default speakers fucking 1.0 tinny bullshit i hate my life

source?

Gay. You only have two ears. Maybe

Only just moved into my new place so only have the main speakers set-up currently, a pair of B&W 803D3s

Quick reminder that if you don't have a proper sound system, you are not a man and you are also watching movies correctly.

They're klipsch speakers. The best looking and pretty good sounding speakers.

I don't even have a TV
but I do have klipsch speakers

whats funny is realizing most people can't, its why suddenly subtitles on everything is so popular.

I have to admit it's pretty fucking cool having a sound setup at home that's like a movie theater. Even old movies with mono audio sound better playing out of quality speakers.

I don't have a room for a proper setup.
Feels bad man

>put 18" dual subs in my small room
>chest pounding bass
>put them in a bigger room
>barely a bump

feels bad man. then they jacked the price on the pa speakers for the vbss

My room is tiny and I still have 5.1

I have a 5.1 surround sound system. The vocals are still low compared to the music. So annoying and my center channel I paid the most for.

bought a surround sound at 16, never going back

>Even old movies with mono audio
I love when old movies are re-released with 5.1.
I hate modern Disney but the one thing I can give them credit for is they go all out with their restorations. Even cartoons from the 30s get 5.1 releases.

You can go into your receiver settings and increase the center channel volume independently

>4-driver center speaker
based

I'm too poor

How much you spend on Arbys roast beef sandwiches each week? Look in the fucking mirror, Raul

I can't hear the dialogue over the explosions because the mixing is shit

i'm paranoid someone will break into my house and I won't hear them cause of the sound system is so immersive and next thing I know someone is there in my lounge room and im fucked

no help

GIMME THE POPCORN TO FILL MY MOUTH
I WANNA GET RAPED ALL ALONE IN MY HOUSE
AND WATCH CASTAWAY

>tfw live in an extremely tiny apartment
>no room for a surround setup
>too poor to get a medium-sized house
>too poor to get a surround setup
>sisters live by the philosophy of owning nothing and liking it
>want me to follow this as well
>have to make do with earphone virtual surround on my PC
>could not even get Dolby Atmos and fancy 3D audio since Windows needs you to buy Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
>for 3D audio, I just play Deus Ex and GZDoom total conversions of PSX DOOM and DOOM 64

This.

This. I also love how Toho tokusatsu films even from the '50s get 5.1 remixes.
Too bad some films like Gojira and Rodan are mono-only, and that they are only in the Japanese Blu-rays.
Even Seven Samurai has a 5.1 remix on the Japanese Blu-ray.

I got a Logitech surround sound speaker system, but I still haven't put it in. I want to rip up the rug and redo the basement first. Keeps getting put off.

headphones for movies and games, the only big speaker i have is this big bluetooth speaker that i use for karaoke and blasting music

Attached: 20220212_160157.jpg (2880x2160, 1.9M)

or they could mix shit properly. I have turned up center channel since the begging to +3dB a some movies are still barely audible. meanwhile effects from left and right channel are deafening and surround channels are not used at all.

but when I play any game, the whole setup come to life and everything sounds awesome, properly leveled and spacious. it is so irritating that I know my setup works and sounds great but some deaf schmuck in a studio cannot mix for shit so it degrades whole experience

Okay but why does a 1940s cartoon made in mono need a 7.1 DTS track?

I solely use the cheapest 1990s computers speakers.

sounds like user error

Chinese trash from Best Buy.

Because it still sounds immersive.
They are basically expanding the mono naturally to 7.1.
Disney isn't the only one doing this.
Mono-only films like The Terminator, The Shining, Halloween 1 and 3, and many more.
Hell, Halloween 1 and 3 were even remixed in Dolby Atmos.
Hong Kong films were made in mono even up to the 2000s and they are often remixed in 5.1 or even 7.1. As Tears Go By was mono-only in the Criterion Blu-ray but is 5.1 on the German 4K UHD.
Most of Toho's tokusatsu films up to Godzilla vs. Destoroyah have 5.1 remixes on the Japanese Blu-rays, with some exceptions like Gojira and Rodan.
Seven Samurai also had a 5.1 remix on the Japanese Blu-ray, and it's not even a tokusatsu film.

>bath mat next to the bed
I do the same thing. Can't fucking stand shit getting into the bed from my feet.
inb4 sweep moar I do all day when im tweaking but still end up missing shit

How much you want to bet OP lives in a garbage apartment and can't even use these things at half volume and the sub is constantly turned to 0.

>modern movie made past 2000
>audio is only mono or stereo
Found any films like this?
I noticed this with The Wind Rises and Shin Godzilla (both are Japanese films involving Hideaki Anno) since The Wind Rises is mono while Shin Godzilla was only in 3.1 stereo.

They're Klipsch speakers which are garbage in the audiophile world. The ones with horn tweeters are the biggest memes. You want ribbon tweeters up top ideally or good domes. Be prepared to spend $5k for the stereo speakers alone if buying new.

Given theyre cheap klipsch for show, very high .

Conjuring (all 8 movies) are the most fun watches on a proper sound setup - it actually made me realise why people paid to see these at the cinema.

Then kill yourself.

Wrong. They are top tier in the price range.

no cinema has ribbon tweeters or domes behind that screen, tech cuck. And the harshness of horns some klipsch from 10 years ago had, is gone with these models.

Headphone virtual surround still sounds good, though it cannot beat actual speaker surround.
Headphone spatial audio is also very kino, especially with more immersive games like Deus Ex or console DOOM.
I really wish there would be some software that allows OpenAL Soft to output to Dolby Atmos or DTS:X for proper 3D spatial audio with speakers on OpenAL Soft games, and also older EAX/DirectSound3D games.

Klipsch is a meme, get Polk speakers.
They actually support Hi-Res Audio, which makes watching AKIRA with the Hypersonic 24/192 remix pure kino.

Sounds like you're exporting stereo pcm signal and your avr does upmixing to surround sound.

Geez, been trying to sell my old 2.1 setup for 2 months now and no one wants it.
Has the market been cucked so hard into not having a speaker setup?

Shill me a good set, currently have a jamo hcs 3 set

Do you still use 7.1 grandpa?

Speakers are analog, you have no clue what you're saying. Avoid these topics

no, pass-through audio track directly to the AVR. every channel plays but the mix is in most cases shit. Asian movies are usually mixed very well, not so much with holywood stuff

Yes. But the Klipsch speakers can only go up to analogue 20kHz, which is equal to CD-quality in digital terms.
Polk speakers, however, can go above 40kHz or even 50kHz, which can faithfully reproduce Hi-Res Audio.
Analogue frequencies in speakers are equal to double their frequencies in digital. (20kHz analogue = 40kHz digital; 50kHz analogue = 100kHz digital)

This is ok for the price point and ease of use

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-10 184126.jpg (1738x1294, 143.26K)

Are you a dog?

I watch with subtitles and closed captions on, so I can read the sounds and background audio.

Bought a $300 soundbar and the sound was worse than the tv speakers

Yeah because the sound on all new media and or televisions is trash for some reason
I don't remember having this problem with my old crt tv

the first thing I do when I move out of my mom's house is getting nice speakers and a nice TV.

Dude you are a fucking retard and have no idea what you are talking about

I feel dumber just having read this complete fucking misinformation

You are a fucking moron

Because you lose nothing by doing so and gain better room filling sound. It isn't like it's full of directional audio but the surround speakers play music and provide a richer soundspace

>What do you do, just listen to your TV's little shit speakers?
Yes.

Attached: gigachad at his computer.jpg (1080x607, 48.41K)

$2000 for 1-inch drivers and a tiny subwoofer is not okay