Morbius plunges 83% in it's second Friday

>In holdover box office news for Friday, Morbius earned just $2.95 million on its second Friday, dropping a record (tied with Dark Phoenix for a “big” comic book movie) 83% from last Friday.

>We’re looking at a $9.9 million second-weekend gross, a record (again, for a big comic book superhero flick) 75% drop from last weekend’s $39 million debut.

>That’ll give the critically trashed Jared Leto-led movie a $57 million ten-day total, so at least It'll pass Fantastic Four ($56 million) and Dark Phoenix ($65 million) for a likely over/under $72 million domestic finish.

Looks like audiences are still #madatmorb

Attached: morbius_ver2_xlg.jpg (1080x1350, 471.62K)

It was terrible by all accounts, and the IP wasn't well known.

17% of a morbillion dollars is still a morbillion dollars, chud

Hopefully this kills Sony's arrogant push for their own MCU

The Sony leaks were such a great event because they gave insight into the minds of the dumbest executives in Hollywood who will never learn from their mistakes

>Hopefully
Venom 2 secured this franchise, it's not going to end.

Morbius, Dorbius, Orbius
Go eat some walrusus
Orificus, Porridgus
Morbius, Morbius

Going to the Buffet and Walrusus
Confidence, Corpseses
Worcestershire sauce
Go into your orificus

Red pill, blue pill
Morbius, Walrusus
Seashells by the Seashorbius

Morbius drinking a forty in a death basket!

I just want to point out that in it's second Friday Birds of Prey made over 6mil. Morbius won't make 200mil worldwide and is still going to be a bomb even with it's tiny 75mil budget

Well to be fair the idea for No Way Home was in those leaks, they were just ahead of their time. It would be another 7 years before audiences were brain damaged enough to accept it.

Marvel's first flop confirmed. When will people stop falling for the Leto meme?

>and the IP wasn't well known.

IPs don't have to be well known if the movie is good. No one knew who "John Wick" was before that.

>Marvel
this is Sony, dude, and they literally reference bigger comic book bombs in the OP

>the idea for No Way Home was in those leaks
What was it?

The MCU has at least two flops. Marvel movies under fox and Sony have plenty of flops

>Marvel's first flop
Marvel had 3 flops in 2021 alone, in fact the only movie they released that made any kind of profit last year was No Way Home and that was Sony.

Yeah, and it took time to build up John Wick as a franchise for that reason.
>John Wick 1 WW BO: $88 million
>John Wick 2 WW BO: $171 million
>John Wick 3 WW BO: $326 million
They kept budgets small and audiences gradually showed up due to their high quality and frequent streaming views

Sony execs are such a bunch of retards. Put me in charge of their Marvel movies and I'd give them hit after hit.

They had plans for a Spiderman team up movie

Garfield and tobey. Spider-Man vs Spider-man. I don't think it would have worked nearly as well since the nostalgia for tobey wouldn't have been as strong yet and it would have just reeked of desperation because the ASM movies were failing

I think it was Amy Pascal saying "It would be a surefire hit if we brought back Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man and have him appear in a movie with Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man". The basic crossover idea is there.

That's really not very specific.

NWH isn't a vs movie and it didn't do that giant box office (without China no less) just based solely on it being a crossover, it was how it was actually made and marketed. Anyone can say "let's do a crossover", it doesn't take you to the bank inherently, lest we forget Justice League bombing instead of being the Avengers

That's what I meant about the audience not being ready yet in 2014. The MCU's biggest success has been training audiences to watch movies in a certain way, people love the cameos and crossovers now.

sure thing pal

Attached: 1649541615320.jpg (352x240, 21.51K)

Once again, "cameos and crossovers" on paper is not enough, or Justice League wouldn't have bombed while other DC films like Wonder Woman and Aquaman soared.

NWH brought an actually crowd pleasing movie that was smartly marketed.

>Justice League wouldn't have bombed while other DC films like Wonder Woman and Aquaman soared.
Justice League (2017) bombed because it didn't even reach baseline competence in blockbuster filmmaking. Also I wouldn't even call it a crossover film.

>superheroes team up movie
>not a crossover

Shit like Tobey and Andrew showing up in NWH is a crossover, now that cinematic universes are old hat I don't count standard team up movies as crossovers.

>make up imaginary new rules and expect others to follow them

Ok so is every MCU film a crossover now? They almost all have characters from other films in them.

>a thing that has almost never happened in history is the only thing that counts as a crossover

Why are you fags arguing about crossovers instead if laughing at Morbius?

Mad at Morb?

Attached: 2b6.jpg (720x720, 48.43K)

Hopefully Kraven bombs as well. This shit shouldn't exist

Not just a "surefire hit", "surefire 2 billion in profit". It's amazing that a producer would have such little notion of box office numbers but here we are.

Im pretty sure some of those phase 1 films basically flopped

Not when they clearly laid the foundation for the giant success of Avengers 1. People forget they were left working with B and C list names building the MCU, they turned them into household names.

>already surpassed its budget in BO
IT'S MORBIN' TIME!

That's not how box office works.

Hulk was a flop no matter how you approach it

>75 million + 50 million marketing
>57 million BO by the weekend, of which studios get half
??????

Its so fucking boring. I just spaced out about half way through and started thinking about sucking on my girlfriends toes and wishing I was home playing Elden Ring.

>50 million marketing
I have serious doubts it was that little. I saw more ads for this than I did for Batman

More like No Morbius

How they made morbius on 1million is insane

This. Marvel shit is on fumes like Soi Wars

Was this basically designed to fail? The budget is abnormally low and they decided to hire a mediocre director and two terrible screenwriters. Why? All I can assume is they're just trying to rush these out.

They literally just had NWH

They tried to recreate the Venom formula. Use a Spidey bad guy, grab a name actor, keep the budget mild. It didn't work for many reasons.

>Asked about rumors of Leto’s lengthy bathroom trips during the interview, Espinosa (Director) answered with a simple, "Yes.” It was in reference to reports that Leto would frequently stumble with crutches to and from the bathroom, leading to extended periods of downtime for the production.

>In Morbius, Leto plays Michael Morbius, who suffers from a rare blood disease that devastates his body. Because of this, the character requires crutches to move about – something Leto decided should carry over to his bathroom breaks.

>This resulted in trips to the bathroom taking up to 45 minutes, leading the production team to strike a deal with him that included transporting him back and forth in a wheelchair. But despite the inconvenience, Espinosa seems to feel that Leto's dedication was just part of the job.

>"I think that what Jared thinks, what Jared believes, is that somehow the pain of those movements, even when he was playing normal Michael Morbius, he needed, because he’s been having this pain his whole life," Espinosa said. "Even though he's alive and strong, it has to be a difference. Hey, man, it’s people’s processes."

>"All of the actors believe in processes," he continued. "And you, as director, you support whatever makes it as good as you can be."

Attached: j.png (640x640, 430.52K)

We’re doing “member berries” already, that’s fumes…

You're retarded.

Morbbros... this can't be happening...

It's weird how those leaks rarely get talked about despite how relevant they still are

What a twit

First, It’s not even a marvel film, you dinkbag. And Every marvel shit has been progressively worse since endgame. Keep coping.

>THIS MARVEL MOVIE ISN'T MARVEL! AND MEMBER BERRIES MEANS IT DOESN'T COUNT! NOOOOOOO

Why are people #madatmorb

I mean yeah, it’s a marvel character but it’s not a “marvel” movie… think hard, you’ll get it!…

After No Way Home? No, they'll keep going, no reason to stop

>Vampire movie
>boring humans on the cover
why do they always do this?

That was Sony, not Marvel. I don't think Disney is too happy about it because their in house productions weren't as successful as the movie made for Sony

>still attempting to claim a movie made by Marvel set in the MCU is not a Marvel film
And you already changed your argument

>made by Marvel
This is made by Sony though