It honestly reinvented itself

It honestly reinvented itself

Attached: 16436067080624.jpg (1320x743, 121.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SyOAdrxlPVs
youtube.com/watch?v=GKDkKKt9Y7I
youtube.com/watch?v=GX5Kh1f5ksY
halopedia.org/Conversations_from_the_Universe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why does it look like shit?

I am unironically enjoying it. Its technically a prequal to Halo: Reach

Way better than fucking shit-ccard

A powerful transition from something millions of people loved to something you couldn't give away for free.

Another advertisement thread and mods/jannies do nothing.

Yeah Ive read enough of the books to enjoy the old canon along with this being a new take on things. They basically mixed ONI bullshit into the UNSC and they are making chief more likable for the mainstream especially with that ep having him disable his emotion chip.

I still recommend people watch it. You can tell they didn't know where to really start the story, but I think it will really start to pick up and they will end season 1 with the flood coming on to the scene and season 2 will be really good.

I don't into halo but I'm sorry you guys got dabbed on by Jews. Most of my favorite things are dead. We really need to stop these faggots from ruining everything

Honestly it makes sense, part of the reason most video game movies blow is the main character is mostly flat because hes the PC

Master Chief being like in the Vidya would just suck.

>yfw they finally bring in the original theme with the chanting monks when they reveal Halo during the final scene of the season finale

Attached: 1572064675061.png (702x920, 844.16K)

I agree, more people should really subscribe to Paramount+ and give this a watch.

the changes are for roasties

Fuck off 343shills.
This isn't Halo so i'll feel nothing.

Watch big people shows OP

Should have used the book personality.

thats not what I said

Im not a shill I didnt like the first episode but the next two have been good.

Wish we saw more fighting the covenant instead of just some elites.

The Hunter worms killing the entire ship was kind of OP

the whole medium is for idiots

Fundemental misunderstanding of Halo because they don't trust the audience. It's literal trash tier adaptation. Can't believe some of you are falling for this garbage, Halo is so much better than this.

Soulless show creates to appeal to bug people. This thread glows yellow.

They had the opportunity after Halo 3 youtube.com/watch?v=SyOAdrxlPVs

JANNIEEEEE!!!! THE SHILL IS BACK

Actual Canon:
>Chief is the story of a Child soldier that succumbs to the military industrial complex and switches from a glowops anti-terror unit into the savior of humanity because of Aliens
>Always has a human side but it develops more and more over time with his relationship to his AI in his head and he learns he isn't just a weapon, he's more than that
>UNSC are the Feddies and the insurrectionists are Zeon, basically the Union vs Confederates, unity vs decentralized freedom etc
>UNSC generally good, except they have Glowops through their alphabet boys ONI
>Insurrectionists have a point but they do their own fucked up shit like terrorist attacks
>Covenant are a complex caste system of religious zealots that worship technology from an older extinct race of aliens, and believe the universe destroying weapon (Halo) is a portal to their heaven
>Weapon was made to contain an even bigger threat, a parasite alien called The Flood that if left unchecked with assimilate everything in the universe
>Covenant despise humans and see them as a blight on their holy conquest

Paramount "Canon":
>UNSC BAD, INSURRECTIONIST GOOD
>Covenant have a human in the leader ranks
>Master Chief has bypassed all his character development and is already sceptical of the UNSC before any of the story has taken place
>AK-47s and Chevy Tahoes are still in use unironically
>Master Chief doesn't use his helmet anymore because we need to redefine his character
>BLACK the Keys family but leave out Sergant Johnson who is beloved

The Believe marketing campaign is still the best cinematic adaptation of Halo, even if 343 made it non-canon.

Newfags, here's what real Halo looks like:
youtube.com/watch?v=GKDkKKt9Y7I
youtube.com/watch?v=GX5Kh1f5ksY

>they are making chief more likable

If that's what you call "likable", then I'd hate to see what you call insufferable.

Attached: starship troopers-disgusted michael ironside.png (1118x1004, 518.37K)

I’m enjoying it. Didn’t play the games at all, so don’t care that it’s not following that canon. I wish there was more discussion rather than the faggots complaining about how it’s different from muh vidya. Master Chief takes off his helmet and shows his face. So what? Get over it babies

>it must be a shill thread because I personally don't like it

What's the context of this?

Attached: 1649515368436.webm (1280x640, 2.31M)

My food reinvents itself into shit.

Has the Covenant War even started? I watched three episodes and I still can't tell. The humans care more about bitching and whining about each other than the fact that aliens are genociding entire planets.

Arcane is still the only good video game adaptation.

Why can't anyone else do it?

Attached: arcane.jpg (1920x1080, 490.01K)

Chief was already likable, he just is a different kind of character. People like cheif because he has an unwavering sense of duty and honor. He never gives up, he's relentlessly competant and will do anything to accomplish the mission. He's a fish out of water with his war autism and doesn't take to normalfags easily, but he grows over time and becomes more human, thanks to Cortana, who is his polar opposite. Cheif is a human who the government tried to turn into a machine, and Cortana is a machine that the government tried to turn into a human. Together they have great chemistry.

it's called judaism

>HALO "talkback" threads are natural.

It's alternate canon, so can't say for sure, but assuming they follow the original timeline generally, then yes. After first contact on Harvest, this is the early stage of the war before Reach falls and before Halo is discovered.

>Master "I like to watch" Chief

THEY ACTUALLY MAKE CHIEF THE KEK HOLY SHIT NO SHAME

White genocide

He takes out his inhibitor chip and he is suddenly noticing a bunch of subtle human interactions he never did before.

For me, there's only 1 Halo tv series

Attached: +_c377f13881848269d8738f7f5c0b5a42[1].jpg (639x479, 34.8K)

>literally simplifying his entire character arc into a chip removal
This is "I bypassed the character development" but unironically.

>Human in the covenant
Yeah no

1, The Covenant are still a zealous caste system that worships the forunners
2. Sgt Johnson will absolutely show up at some point he doesn't come on the scene until they get to halo which is years off right now

Why is it always wf/bm

Have any of you ever thought just how powerful having an AI assistant and neural interface would be, even a "dumb" AI?

>Real time situational tactical analysis which can then be passed on a network
>Suit power management and regulation
>Integrated into the user's biology, allowing better gross and fine motor control, metabolism and endocrine responses, enhancing a spartan's augmentation to an even higher degree
>Fire control and predictive analytics which is indistinguishable from precognition
>access to technical data and libraries which the user could stream real time and be a subject matter expert in any given field from tactical combat casualty care to vehicle field maintenance
>advanced heuristics allowing for slicing and electronic warfare of enemy communications and information systems

I mean, the possibilities are endless really. Each spartan could be a command element unto itself. Even regular marines would be greatly empowered by having access to one

Attached: download (7).png (2559x1440, 1.09M)

Having a human spits in the face of what the covenant is, and Johnson could have played a part earlier if they wanted diversity (He was in Contact Harvest/a Spartan 1 after all)

I dont hate the idea of the covenant raising a sleeper agent plus there appears to be some biologically link between some humans and forerunner tech.

Kind of like the Ancients in SG1

Except it doesn't. The covenant has always been built on a bed of lies, betrayal and manipulation.

To turn one's own enemies against each other in such a fundamental manner is EXACTLY what the hierachs would do.

>UNSC generally good, except they have Glowops through their alphabet boys ONI

>Nuked colonies that rebelled
>Start the spartan program to put down anyone who rebelled

There is but they're not supposed to learn that until later and that's the whole point of that revelation, that their bogus religion was wrong and that the human scum are actually special. Takes a lot of wind from the Elite's story specifically.

Not to mention dont the covenant want to convert and assimilate the humans?

>It honestly reinvented itself
Yeah the same way Surf Dracula reinvented itself

Attached: 1624413404606.png (816x486, 55.59K)

And one of their fundemental lies is that humans are worthless and should be exinguished. I don't buy your reading, it's stupid and not Halo, especially this early in the timeline.

Here's your Halo series, bro.

In the games? No they prophets want human wiped out. I can't recall the full reason, some people said that its because humans prove their entire religion is a scam and that would make the covenant fall apart without religion to control them and someone else saying that it's jealousy from the prophets

Kek

Honestly I dont know why writers over think it they could literally just follow the story if the games

Game 1= season 1
Game 2 = season 2
Reach = Prequal Season
Game 3= Finale

There ya go!

No, they want to kill all humans. We are scum to them. This is what makes it cool when the Elites recognize that we're actually based.

Why are the humans scum?

Honestly this is how they could have made kino:
>Fall of Reach adaptation with Contact Harvest sprinkled in
>Halo CE adaptation with elements of First Strike
>Halo 2 and 3 adaptation

Actually, one of the many reasons for the schism was due to the Sangheili council questioning the hierachs (san'shyum) complete genocide rather than integration of the humans, due to our honor and tenacity.

>Ep1 cheef takes off helmet
>Ep2 cheef takes off armor
>Ep3 cheef is naked
>End of season cheef bangs human covie

Attached: half the show.gif (548x332, 237.62K)

Lesser lifeforms not worth assimilating. Crude weapons, no technology useful to the covenant, not useful in battle, high resistance to religious indoctrination (at this point in human history). Basically we serve no combat purpose whatsoever to them.

It's a complex issue, that's what makes it cool. It's a less ironic Starship Troopers.

The “human” who’s with the Covenant is actually a Forerunnwr artifact of sorts.

Human Covie is going to be cheifs Little sister

>But they should still bang hasn't been a good incest plot since GOT

Bro the UNSC was always a corrupt Junta that didn't hesitate to wipe out entire colonies if it was deemed strategically viable

That would be even fucking worse. 343 Forerunner canon is awful but at least it's late timeline shit. Putting it in early on would take the wind out of ANY intrigue towards the forerunners in the middle of the timeline.

Like I said, because humans have a reclaimer status and can get forerunner tech starting. Something which no species in the covenant can

>mfw I see racemixing in public

In the latest episode, they found her as a child with a luminary, so she’s either a Forerunner artifact or has Forerunner tech inside her.

and yet they are the vanguard that protected Humanity when the needed them most. It's supposed to be a nuanced issue, bringing these issues up in this way instead of the natural way which is telling Cheif's story is asinine.

The “we are odst” ad did more justice than this piece of shit show.

Go to bed, Rian

Reminder that they could have had a Private Johnson who makes it to Sergeant during the course of the series.

So Humans are the descendants of the Forunner right?

I've heard this before but don't recall it being explicit in any main trilogy games, is this from a book or something and if so what?

But why did it have to be a black male and white female

>ep4, he's in therapy laying bare his mental issues

yuck

So gay. I'll have to pirate the latest episode to keep my hateboner going.

Fucking based

Because hollywood is full of jews

i have a private johnson

Why is John so mean to his AI gf?

"It's complicated"
This. The most honerable covie race grows a respect for their enemy after getting bested when they were told we were less than nothing. That's part of what makes them joining us so cool, we earned the respect of objectively stronger aliens.

>This. The most honerable covie race grows a respect for their enemy after getting bested when they were told we were less than nothing. That's part of what makes them joining us so cool, we earned the respect of objectively stronger aliens.
When did this happen user?

Oh please the Spartans turning out to be so good at killing aliens was by total accident as they were originally meant to act as special ops to put down rebellions

And protecting humanity? Humans were losing HARD until the schism

Saying it is better than Picard is like saying it is better than a dog turd eaten by a pig, vomited out, re-eaten by the dog, shat out again and left to ferment for six months- technically true, but you aren't saying much.

Also, it's not a prequel to anything. The story is so divergent (yes I know it is a separate canon I don't fucking care) that it can't function in relation to anything in Halo anymore. Do you remember the plot of Reach, user? Let me remind you, Reach's ultimate goal is getting Cortana to the ship with Chief on it. In this series, Chief already has Cortana.

Also, you're a fucking shill and go tell your paramount bosses that they are the worst thing to happen to media since the MCU.

Okay, shut the fuck up all of you. The reason why the war of annihilation was declared by the prophets wasn't due to our "inferiority." The covenant sublimated many inferior races technologically and/or physically such as the jackals, grunts and brutes. The real reason was that the covenant religion founded by the prophets (san'shyum) was in fact built on a mistranslation of the forerunner glyph "reclaimer" which they read as "reclamation." by reclaiming the artifacts, it was intended to allow the covenant to follow their "gods" (the forerunners) on the "great journey." The "reclaimers" were in fact humanity which was supposed to assume the mantle of responsibility and to rebuild the galaxy in wake of the forerunner's absence.

Knowing that their power and the dissolution of the covenant was at stake, the Covenant declared a holy war on all of humanity to prevent them from becoming an ascendant species.

Master Chief is now an incel who walks around the city like a vagrant creeping on random couples. It's just another bit of artistic license, and you WILL like it, chud.

2nd episode is already a filler, yeah i think i'll pass.

Touched on in Halo 2/3
Without the UNSC humanity would have been glassed. That's what makes it cool, Humanity was fighting itself and getting into murky shit on both sides until we had a common enemy.

Thank you user. I might have typed this out myself. Good to know there's an actual Halo fan among these newfags and shills.

Sure, and the official reason given is that we were shitters beneath notice.

>The prophets knew this thing so that means the rest of the covenant were privy to it
nope.

But I was agreeing with you, the prophets declared war because humans being reclaimers
Humanity got glassed with the UNSC around, don't get me wrong humanity needed UNSC for a centralized military so they could fight back. But humanity was losing

>halopedia.org/Conversations_from_the_Universe
>Elite Conversation

>>> EXTRACT OF SANCTIONED SANGHEILI EAVESDROP// FOR THE ATTENTION OF JIRALHANAE MILITARY ADJUNCT AMBASSADOR >>>

>The Humans are weak, but they are tenacious. Even the smallest ones hurl themselves against our defenses with honor. If only the Unggoy were as committed.

>I wonder about the Humans, Commander. Their technology is limited, but some of it is useful and their battle techniques are impressive. They are excellent strategists. But what I ask is this: Why have we not offered them the absolution of the Covenant? From the beginning of this war, the Prophets have made no attempt to absorb them or even offer the option of honorable submission. Why?

>"Perhaps they fear them? We do not know where their homeworld is. Their pattern of retreat is either hopelessly random, or brilliantly conceived. What if the Humans have more power, more numbers than we suspect? What if they lead us to a trap?"

>"No. I do not think that is the reasoning. They continue to lose territory, and pattern or no pattern, these defenses must be part of a perimeter. I suspect we are forcing them into a tighter arena than they care to fight in - soon we may be able to use the Sharquoi. And their victories, however few, always rely on the same thing - strategy, brute force, or luck. No. The only secret they hold is the location of their homeworld."

>"What about the atrocity at Halo? That was not luck, nor brute force. The Demon is a mystery. He outwitted and outfought entire legions on Halo. Perhaps there are more like him?"

>"I do not believe that. We have seen their kind before and destroyed them. Their numbers have dwindled and there have been no reported sightings since our victory at Reach."

>"Then why do we continue to hunt them? When surely they merit consideration to accept and embrace the Covenant?"

>"Let us discuss this at a more prudent moment. A Jiralhanae approaches."

>yfw they finally bring in the original theme
They won't. Microsoft is in a legal battle with Mike and Marty over the music. Both camps are taking the shit route. The composers act like they own the entire thing backed by the gratitude of fans and Microsoft simply won't credit them despite being used in Halo Infinite.

Attached: 1620227897491.png (515x648, 35.57K)

which would make the second season getting canceled even funnier

Attached: 1649534836279.gif (498x272, 1.91M)

Pedantic walkback. Sure, UNSC didn't win the war easily, sure people died under the UNSC.

>Conversations from the Universe
Fugg I have a copy of this laying around somewhere thanks user

Yes user that's how it is, nobody outside the prophets speaks with Mendicant Bias

It's almost like if you actually played Halo you wouldn't need to ask that, fucking melt.

>literally every couple in this show is bm/wf

I'm a leftist but holy shit this is bizarre