I wanted these movies to be so bad that they ascend over into legendary cringe meme status...

I wanted these movies to be so bad that they ascend over into legendary cringe meme status. Instead they're just generic, perfectly acceptable kids movies that aren't particularly bad but aren't particularly good.

Attached: 29155079d3f32c9786f767a983c4f832.jpg (2104x3116, 2.6M)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=EmFsRw6zGi0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He turns into Sonichu in the new movie kidding actually not kidding.

There are no kids movies that are “particularly good.” That’s just your nostalgia. In 20 years these will be hailed as greats and aoomies will wonder why they don’t make good kids movies anymore.

Have you never played the games,?

These movies suck, the only reason people pretend to like them is because marketing companies pay off YouTubers and other media personalities to pretend that they’re good

If this movie had come out when I was an autistic 10 year old obsessing over sonic adventure 1/2, sonic heroes, subscribing to those sonic comics, and playing sonic mega collection I probably would've been in love with these movies. As an old jaded fuck I still found myself smiling at both sonic 1 and 2.

Schizo-tier explanation. They're just average children movies that are only propped up by fanservice, i blame capeshit for starting this trend.

Tails a cute, that's all we need.

Now if only Sega could make a new sonic game that rivals sonic adventure 2

For those unaware, sonic adventure 2 js the lynch pin of sonic games. Ever since then there hasn't been a 3D sonic game that's lived up to that masterpiece. It's all just boost shit now.

Yeah, same, I wish these came out when I was 10.

I'm not sure why you want bad movies, but whatever. Otherwise I agree. Decent kids/family movies. Not much bullshit, just characters doing stuff

The movies just came out how could there be games already

Thread theme

m.youtube.com/watch?v=EmFsRw6zGi0

If jim carrey retires the next movie will be dogshit

Don't worry, there is an upcoming Chris Stuckmann movie, you will get your dose of cringe.

I got all 150 emblems on Sonic adventure ture 2 with all A ranks so I could play 3D green hill zone. It was a grueling task that took me 2 weeks of daily grinding and watching and memorizing youtube play thrus. After I unlocked the stage, I was incredibly underwhelmed at how short and uneventful the stage was. I guess it was more about the journey than the destination

Nothing more pathetic than I assume is a grown ass man complaining about a fucking kids movie!

>a new sonic game that rivals sonic adventure 2
SA2 was such trash, there's no need for them to go back there.

Posted like a true zoomer who has never experienced good Sonic games in their prime. Sonic 2 is the most loyal video game movie that does not leave out of offensively retcon shit from the original source.

Don't worry champ, I'm sure they will make a fortnite or minecraft movie soon.

People seem to like them

Out of all the outstanding Sonic soundtracks why are you posting boring ass menu bg music?

How was sonic adventure 2 trash?
>the best sonic/shadow stages in any 3D sonic game
>fun treasure hunting missions with Knuckles and Rogue
>fun shooting levels that have a learning curve to them
>5 repayable missions for each level
>Chao garden
>multi-player split screen races with your friends where you can play as metal sonic and chaos

It's the pinnacle of 3D sonic. Let me guess, you're one of those faggots who thinks boost shit is compelling gameplay?

>he didn't scroll thru the comic books in Sonic Mega collection as a kid and read them and look at the art
>that music doesn't invoke nostalgia

You are a faggot. Go play sonic forces

This music is comfy af fuck you

Sonic was an unending source of cringe for 25 years, I'm okay with it catching a break, and it was never going to be an amazing movie.

Maybe not dogshit but he makes up half of the movie

>he didn't scroll thru the comic books in Sonic Mega collection as a kid
Because I either already owned most or emulated. YOU'RE the faggot, son.

My 8 year old loves both movies and can't wait for the next one.
This is the target audience, I'm happy that he actually watched something and wanted to talk about it all the way home.
Simple as.

SA2 is trash because his favorite youtubers said so.

Sonic was never good faggot

it's one of the most nostalgic childhood songs ever from the game that introduced many people to sonic, you are a soulless faggot

Attached: 1507220566972.png (211x239, 4.12K)

They aren't high art but they're comfy and fun

I’LL TAKE CARE OF HIM NIGGA

Attached: 7C4A4A6F-816A-4A1D-8167-720C452C1A23.png (903x655, 236.09K)

These movies managed to somehow butcher some of the most simple lore, not sure how it gets a pass from any discerning audience. Also it's unfunny.

>he didn’t laugh at knuckles reading the text messages out loud
Dot dot dot dot dot dot

Well that sounds only AS bad as the Fitbit joke

I really can't stand you "lore" people. With every fucking thing.
>NOO MY LORE
For fucks sake.

And yet, it still isn't good. I couldn't care less either way if a film which only exists as a cash-in of a material that has pre-existing lore broke it, particularly if the film was good. But when the choices are so vacuous in and of themselves, and the movie is more of a steaming pile of shit because of it, then yes.

Yep. Carrey was the best part of each movie.

It's okay movies mostly carried by jim carrey. The whole sonic lore thing is just grinding my gears. Like what the actual fuck. Are you seriously complaining that they did "sonic lore" wrong. That's whole another level of autism.

It seems I have to reiterate, shockingly enough, I don't care about Sonic lore. The films do, in fact, break it and are bad. That's about it.

when I was a little kid I really wished that tails was my brother

I don't give a shit about lore, but if they don't basically remake SA2 in the 3rd movie I will riot and shit my pants in the theater out of spite toward the theater jannies

Do you think the black wife is going to have sexy with knuckles and cheat on the generic white guy? She's a vet so she knows EXACTLY what knuckles is packing and she seems to have a thing for muscle-y guys.

Attached: acémila-de-tika-25451648.jpg (653x900, 62.33K)

t. didn't have the skills to finish the game

>i blame capeshit for starting this trend.

imagine being this young. This shit has been longer than the capeshit wave. What do you think Transformers by Bay was?

She was pretty flat in the first movie
Then she got bigger in the sequel
Did she have a kid or something?

Not faithful to the games at all. Really wish video game movies would stop trying to come up with original stories and just follow the plot of the game.
Warcraft came close but not good enough.

i agree

what plot of the game?

Which children's game do you need me to explain the plot for? The first Sonic?

>1: Sonic protects South Island from mad scientist Robotnik who wants to turn all the critters into robots and all of nature into a sprawling mechanised shithole. Robotnik wants the six chaos emeralds too.
>2: Same as first one, but now Robotnik has a space station, the Death Egg, and Sonic has a sidekick called Tails. Robotnik wants the seven chaos emeralds too, which Sonic can use to become Super Sonic.
>3: Death Egg has crashed on Angel Island, a floating island home to the Master Emerald, guarded by a lonesome red nigga called Knuckles, who Robotnik tricks into thinking Sonic is a villain after the Master Emerald when really Robotnik is after it. Robotnik inevitably betrays Knuckles, Sonic and Knuckles team up to defeat Robotnik and his Death Egg and restore the Master Emerald to Angel Island.

simple as shit yet they have to make it something completely different and retarded and have niggers in it now

Bayformers shits on the franchise every chance it gets. These movies only started appealing to TFags with the Bumblebee movie.

>Also it's unfunny
You're right about this. They should change writers imo.

>Friend is 24 and dressed up as Sonic with other friends dressing as other characters for the premiere
She has loved Sonic her whole life. Hell, she even has a deal with the local theater to dress in her cosplay and meet with kids at the theater during some showings. Seeing the joy from those kids and parents is nice.

This film was decent and so was the 2nd one. I give them both a 6.5/10.
Sega just needs to pull the stick out of their ass and release Sonic Mania 2.

Are you going to fuck her in the Sonic suit while blasting All Hail Shadow?

I can't be the only one who thinks it's a little bit too soon for Shadow, right? I don't expect them to do the Adventure games justice if they're going to bring in Mecha Sonic too.

cool story bro

>simple as shit
yeah that's basically the problem

>Sonic and Tails get taken into custody
>movie does a 180 and becomes a Tyler Perry movie focusing on the fat Lakeisha lady
If it was only a few minutes I wouldn't care but it felt like half hour.

Attached: 1649274524151.jpg (674x647, 88.03K)

yeah but easy to flesh out

SA2 is incredible. They wanted to give the Dreamcast an addictive and replayable killer app to stay afloat after PS2 launch. It didn't work due to the Dreamcast being discontinued shortly before the game came out, yet its quality still shines

Nah, it's one of the very few jokes in the movie that's actually funny along with the talking fish head.

That’s the end goal bro.

I doubt it

okay

Nice. Don't give up. I believe.
I married my Sonic waifu. She doesn't have a suit though

Attached: 1624481183151.jpg (1797x1528, 230.57K)

Are the PC ports of SA1&2 on Steam good?

The black veterinarian is hot as fuck in the second movie

Yup. I just got back from seeing it myself because I unironically enjoyed the first one. But this one didn't have enough eggman and even when he was around it was just OK. Why did Sonic use his powers like a retard? That Siberia scene could've been 2 seconds if he used his speed to grab the map. He could've stopped the robbery in the beginning by running far away with the bombs and then pushing the truck back with his super speed or something. Or running and getting a lot of pillows to slow it down or some shit, he's super fast.
Also I'm black and felt like there were way too many niggers in this movie including knuckles. Wtf.

Attached: 1446353341526.jpg (857x960, 155.72K)

No sonic games are good period full stop end of sentence finito.

SA2 is good
SA1 is dogshit
However, it doesn't matter because the Sonic fanbase was autistic enough to mod both games to be better and more authentic experiences to the Dreamcast releases.

No, but they can be modded into the definitive versions of each game.

>But this one didn't have enough eggman and even when he was around it was just OK
What the fuck are you talking about? He's practically the real protagonist. He has as much screen time and dedicated scenes to him as Sonic does.

Increase it to 100%.

Good on you user, I’m proud of you.
This one doesn’t have the suit, though she has said she’d want one. She just does cosplays and puts other ones together both for herself and other people. I know she’s said before that she wants to cosplay every notable woman from Sonic. Given how she feels about the franchise I could see her doing it.