Just got done watching this, no wonder you guys like it so much...

just got done watching this, no wonder you guys like it so much, i have a hunch that the 'two towers' are isengard and mordor, am i correct? there was no explaination

Attached: film.jpg (194x259, 9.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_qE5FSG6K0Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are you retarded? They say it straight up in the movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=_qE5FSG6K0Y
And yes, the part where Saruman mentions the "two towers" is in the theatrical cut.

It's meant to be Isengard and Minas Morgul but Jackson changed it to Barad-dur

it was pretty ballsy to release this movie with the same title right after 9/11
I'm sure when the movie came out there was a lot of discourse about allegories and parallels with the events of the movie and the war on terror

Easily the worst of the three

This movie is about 9/11.

that scene wasn't on the DVD

Even Tolkien wavered on which two it was.
>The Two Towers gets as near as possible to finding a title to cover the widely divergent Books 3 and 4; and can be left ambiguous - it might refer to Isengard and Barad-dur, or to Minas Tirith and B; or Isengard and Cirith Ungol.

Bro that is a straight up opinion.
Helms Deep is fucking kino though, big though.

extended versions aren't canon you mega retard. theatrical versions are Jackson's intended cuts

i was really digging that part but the way it ended they decided they would just jump on horses and ride through the enemies, i was taken aback, how was that possible, how was that an option, how were they not just hacked down before they made it back outside to the flipping army

You mean best. I question your sexuality.

I see your point but horses are pretty powerful especially when bred for war.
Also didn't Gandalf and the Rohan lads throw them into disarray by ambushing the Urukai from behind?
Maybe just showing some of the horses getting chopped down would have made it more believable.

Is blu-ray or dvd better? Or something else?

based and predictive programming pilled

i reckon they're just that talented, it just sorta blew away my suspension of disbelief, not a single orc decided to just kill their horses then the riders
but everything up to then had me HYPE
DVD is low quality visuals, like it's one of those things you memoryhole after moving onto stuff like 720p 1080p 4k movies, you go back to DVD and it blows your mind just how much of the grainular detail is smoothed over, but hey the DVD i watched was surround sound so that was all good
wanna know something crazy? the second disc in the dvd case has a demo for the Return of the King video game that kicks a lot of ass, i miss seeing that stuff so much holy shit

>tfw we will never see the likes of this trilogy ever again

Attached: 1644697300703.jpg (820x823, 105.06K)

best lotr film by far, fortress defense is peak comfy

one story ends

another begins

Attached: 1614889333231.png (345x314, 96.77K)

hey guys what's up

Attached: lord-of-the-rings-rings-of-power-stills.jpg (1200x675, 131.37K)

> Tariq Nasneed
> AS
> Madea goes to Middle Earth

i honestly had high hopes for Fantastic Beasts but the reviews are seeming bad on the new one

I still remember the feeling I had as a Kid watching the build up to the Battle of Helm's Deep. Just a sinking feeling that the hour of battle was upon us and unavoidable. Pure Kino.

>DVD is low quality visuals
Yea I know it's lower resolution. Was mainly curious about if they changed colors around with different releases for better or worse and stuff like that.

>becomes the president of middle earth

Attached: Stacey-Abrams-Is-United-Earth-President-On-Star-Trek-Discovery.jpg (1778x998, 102.71K)

oh yeah, the way they mention there's 10 thousand orcs and only around 300 of them (yeah) and then the rain starts as soon as the army waltz up, i was in!

Very sad.

Attached: 1510761800033.webm (870x358, 2.7M)

>"but my lord there is no such force"
>*PROOOOOOOOOHHH!!!!!*

How much strength/dex would you need to take down a Balrog?

YOU
SHALL NOT
P A S S .

and wormtongue actually sheds tears when he sees all those fucking orcs
i can feel it

50 each.

>STR ++
>DEX ++
> INT +++++
>Flame of Anor
Gandalf is a demi-god in the form of an old wizard, cannot be harmed by the Balrog's fire, and had to fight it for literal days with a variety of magic beyond mortal ken to the point where it smashed part of a mountain side.

You'd get BTFO instantly

Max luck and there's no way he makes it across that little bridge

Kino falling scene with the two fighting. Shame we didn't get to see much more of their battle.

Attached: 1579882666548.webm (1720x720, 2.61M)

if i'm not mistaken the Balrog is the same caliber as Gandalf but in the form of a firey demon

What we can't get from these webms is the incredible music and sound design.

>Gandalf falls into an endless chasm fighting a demon on the way down
>then, surviving the fall, the two continue to duel for days on a endless staircase up to the peak of the mountain range
>and, with both of the exhausted, the wizard finish it and cast its reminas on the mountain
I still got chills, best way to open the second movie of a trilogy.

summing it up was a bit wasteful no? there's easily a good ten fifteen minutes of epic footage they passed up on by just using clips and a summary

A dwarf built stone bridge would be very sturdy I imagine.

cute
ugly
eh

>giving a shit about reviews

Anyone remember all of the LOTR games on Warcraft 3?

>i have a hunch that the 'two towers' are isengard and mordor, am i correct? there was no explaination
the two towers are orthanc and barad-dur. isengard and mordor are the lands over which they rule.

Worst movie, best book
Prove me wrong

Attached: Gandalf at Bag Ends by Myles Pinkney.jpg (1200x1056, 296.31K)

my first Starcraft 1 custom map was LotR Hero Siege, i stayed up all night around christmas time to beat it, great great memories

then i was close, lol

It's a good movie. Don't let the reviewers deceive you.

According to Tolkien's illustration for the book, it's Minas Morgul (on the left; former name is Minas Ithil, "Tower of the Moon") and Orthanc in Isengard (was used for astronomical observations and, iirc, had a star symbol somewhere)

Attached: bac870524cffea8575e5451052cd524c.jpg (480x694, 50.71K)

Reminder that when Eowyn offers her disgusting stew to Aragorn in The Two Towers, there's a strand of hair in it.

Attached: Slop.jpg (960x396, 74.03K)

Agreed. There was too much combat. I like me some action but over 1 hours worth of battle scenes just got excessive after 20 minute mark. Besides most of it was just Legolas killing the 1000th orc in the most hysterical way.

Fellowship of the ring was the best. It had a bit of action, emotion, humour, wisdom, homely shire feel, a bit of everything and right proportions of each too.

REEEEEEEEEEE

i gotta say, that actress is pretty
give that hair to the dwarf btw he loves it

Now that's what I call good fantasy art.

Attached: 1612652395102.jpg (499x499, 48.11K)

Would still marry.

Attached: Eowyn.jpg (690x920, 208.26K)

i love the beginning of Fellowship with the party and shire, but the whole sequence where Frodo is stabbed and evacuated on horseback down the river with the magick horses spell, i don't like it, lol
but once again when they get to the mines of moria it's good again

and honestly i like the battles in the Two Towers, it felt needed, it felt oppressive, it had to happen, for a while in order for that experience to be hammered out

>eh
I still remember in 2001 on Tolkien forum people were shitting all over Hugo Weaving because he didnt look the part and so many people saw him as the cold Agent Smith.
Maybe in the same way this Aramayo guy might not look the part but will do a decent job at portraying Elrond.

Attached: 9GRn.gif (379x379, 2.69M)

It's her pubes, she was trying to put a love spell on Aragorn

Attached: 1639575873853.jpg (2560x1600, 630.73K)

hopefully

Would you worship Galadriel if she had taken the ring and became the High-Elf Witch Queen of Middle-Earth?

Attached: 1644096429452.jpg (828x1286, 472.8K)

Bet they felt stupid, hard to imagine anyone else pulling off Elrond so well.

i really want elijah wood, and daniel radcliffe to star in a movie together, they seem like they belong together as a duo

Attached: 1461620816008.jpg (1280x853, 257.52K)

:)

Attached: 1645308964947.jpg (917x883, 197.04K)

Brehs…

She doesn't need a ring of power for me to worship her

no way, that part used to scare the crap out of me when she went all spectral and shit

Dune

>it must be taken deep into mordor and cast back into the firey chasm from whence it came

I love Weaving's performance.

I mean its no different to people shitting on new releases today. Theres always a bunch of people that are negative. I remember people shitting on Cate Blanchet, saying she has a big noes and that she doesnt look beautiful enough to play Galadriel. People were shitting on Jacksom saying how he's a no-name director. People shittong over Arwen and making her a big part of the movie. So much more complaints too.

Attached: 20220302_163200.png (1440x1541, 228.58K)

Yeah there were some great Helms Deep maps. WC3 greatest game ever made.

I fell in love with Liv Tyler first in Armageddon, then again in LotR.

Attached: 1621011607550.webm (953x399, 671.52K)

Guy on the right is NOH NOWITENZ from GoT

It's the towers of Orthanc and Barad-dûr

Attached: 1644114079628.jpg (497x852, 224.79K)

>It's the towers of Orthanc and Barad-dûr
It's Orthanc and Minas Morgul >People shittong over Arwen and making her a big part of the movie
And rightfully so. Jackson even filmed her scenes fighting at Helm's Deep.

Attached: aoP7Vr0_460s.jpg (460x1190, 87.6K)

In 2001 there was still an expectation that adaptions can be done right, but everyone's frame of reference was their own imagination and their reading of the books. There was also very few people that understood the limitations of theatrical adaptions, so some people would understandably lower their expectations or ask in vain that the unadaptable stay unadapted.

20 years later there is simply no chance that the movie industry can even measure to when adaptations were getting competent. You look at the LOTR trilogy and realize that things were so close and yet so far to perfection, but even perfection was drawn from imagination and unrealistic expectations. Even the most contrarian people are coming around to that realization, and in some ways they're less NPCs than before. They're awoken to the fact that films these days are not about capturing the imagination of their source material.

Attached: 1613297759454.jpg (564x467, 41.15K)

According to the cover artwork made by Tolkien himself for the book, the Two Towers are supposed to be Minas Morgul and Orthanc.

Attached: tolkien-towers.jpg (710x1027, 336.81K)

'Muh source material' nerds are annoying. I get that they're protective of the books (and rightly so), but if you did a straight-up page by page cinematic adaptation of the books the movies would be an unwatchable clusterfuck.

Attached: 1648345382699.jpg (1920x2699, 1.14M)