Is this the most depressing film ever made?

Is this the most depressing film ever made?

Attached: MV5BNmQ5ZjEyMWItYzFjOC00Yz.jpg (979x1457, 789.16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VTbpH6356xI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's pretty dark and everyone in it is a horrible person.

he made it though, one of the best documentaries ever made

it probably skeeviest, imagine how many showers the documentarians had to take a day

Bump

>david lynch
ughhhhh

don't read about his brother

He had nothing to do with it. They came to him after the documentary was completed and asked to slap his name on it for art house street cred.

that is just inevitable though

I remember the poster showing her underwear covered behind and not just the hint of it as it is now

i remember a move i once watched called i think jade and june or something similar to that. dont remember the name exactly its about a pair that run away to join a hippie commune or something so they can do drugs freely only for the girl to be raped in front of her boyfriend at said commune.
pretty sad movie in my opinion.

Jordan Peterson showed this movie in class and provided commentary on it throughout.

killer soundtrack, though

Love this movie. True neets, the lot of them

It really says a lot when Robert Crumb comes across as the straight man in the movie lol.

As an artist and general strange person, I find this movie really humanizing in a way no other movie I've seen has been. It's depressing to me because I can see reflections of my self in all three brothers, just if a few knobs would have been turned in the wrong direction and a good support system wasn't there. Especially Charles... such a smart guy who could never accept himself and lived in guilt that he wasn't normal.

Acceptance was not the problem. They were basically fucked growing up in that family.

Absolutely they were. But I always got the impression that Charles internalized so much of his insecurities (his jealousy of Robert, his possible pedophilia) he never sought counseling and just medicated until he was a shell of a person. He figured it was better to just remove himself from the world than accept what he could possibly be and try to work through it. Hope that makes sense.

>possible

I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure Robert just infers that, and Charles never admits to it. I think its equally likely that Charles romanticized the relationship because of their fucked up family system, and as he got older latched onto it more and more. He never mentions any other child characters he had a fascination towards. Again, this is stuff he would need to discuss with a professional, but it was probably more nuanced than just "he's a gay pedophile".

Kanał (1957)
youtube.com/watch?v=VTbpH6356xI

Older & younger brother were schizophrenic and only Robert "made it" by drawing his perversions and getting money for it.
It's really hard to escape this fate. What could he hope for? Living like his younger brother? He was too intelligent to accept this

Mike Matei and the Loco Bandito did nothing wrong.

Fair point. I guess I’m being optimistic and ignorant about it. I just watch this movie and all three brothers seem self aware enough of what they are, I wished they could fix themselves. But maybe their current situation is the optimal situation.

I saw this in the theater with my mom. I think I was 11. That was odd.

Well Robert is doing pretty well for himself and that can be attributed to how counter-culture has accepted him

I don't remember how explicit they were about the father's abuse. He sounded like just a really hardass Catholic Marine who wasn't afraid to get physical. But I had all that and didn't have all the issues of the Crumb brothers. Did he also sexually molest them or what?

Attached: r_crumb.jpg (354x552, 21.46K)

He moved to France because his domineering wife made him do so...now he produces garbage (which he admits) wherein his wife directs all of his efforts. George Lucas bought the TDS Trump shit she made him produce.

The mother was more impactful. Robert is now on record as saying she was mentally ill and his father was incapable of protecting the children from her.

Did you also have a pill addicted crazy mother?

David Lynch doing the classic American McGee move to cash some extra

What's depressing about it? It's some severely damaged people who find a way to live a pretty ok existence. One is a famous cartoonist. One sits at home with his filthy mom and reads novels, I mean that's not all that bad. Another is schizo artist who molests girls at 7/11s. It's a happy ending for just about everyone.

So is Crumb into big women dominating him?

Nah. She's really into essential oils though.

Watching two ruined lives is not depressing? "tragedies" of war , loss of family members etc etc don't even come close

Ah, everything turned out ok though.

Here's some of the Trump shit. The only real input Crumb had was regarding the hair (which he was fascinated by and studied for hours using a magnifying glass). He actually had some interesting shit to say about the Trump phenomena but the vast majority of the piece is Aline sperging out retard tier takes that fail to rise above the basic "Orange man bad, Orange man literally Hiter" shit we've heard 1000000 times over--she even has top billing over him. Completely ruined his shit.

Attached: crumb-bad-hair-diet-1.jpg (1600x2171, 1.54M)

They're serial killer archetypes. It's a fucked up doc.

Yeah, but they don't actually serial kill anybody. They're just weirdos enjoying their weirdo shit. That's about the best you can hope for in the world.

but in the end really who isn't a serial killer archetype, every day you go on not murdering a prostitute should make you feel good about yourself and look forward to the future.

Outsider comics arose as an art form in the US alongside confessionalism (arguably the first major artistic movement that America had a major influence on). The confessionalism of current year Crumb betrays a vapid shallowness whereas his early work forced a twisted and demented inner psychology into the viewer's mind. Aline ruined him (and he's aware of it on some level--but exposure to her has even taken away his capability of expressing that). Instead of being a satirically pathetic horror he's just pathetic. It's sad.

Attached: crumb-bad-hair-diet-2.jpg (1600x2171, 1.89M)

>Crumb is married to a Jewess
It all makes sense now

i love how their 'collaborative' comics are 99% crumb's art with her poorly drawn avatar over it. it's on thing to have an 'aesthetic' but she doesn't appear to have improved after all this time. the things a man will put up with for a fat ass.

This whole work comes across as Aline begging for relevance. "POTUS cares enough about who WE are that he noticed US and took action!" The focus is all on her and her mental state is represented, devoid of any self-awareness and reflection. This self-centered vapid egoism is the antithesis of Crumb's neurotic but self-aware egoism. The comic is also incredibly tame and surface-level. Aline's bullshit isn't presented as bullshit but rather as (surface-level) realizations she shares with others--there's no depth to their character and Crumb himself is muted into a lapdog cheering her on. What a sad waste of his talent.

Attached: crumb-bad-hair-diet-3.jpg (1600x2155, 1.84M)

>Jew marries Jewess
Wow, surprising.

Does he really think Trump cares enough about some underground comic Crumb made in the 80s mocking him to seek out proxy revenge through a reporter three decades later?

is there a mega or a torrent with the published sketchbooks?
that shit is impossible to find
also real shame about Jessie (his legitimate son from first marriage)

Aline cares and he cares because she does. Also, George Lucas bought the original of this comic (, , ) for $93,000.

Crumb was a Catholic and raised in limited proxy to the church. It informed his art to a significant degree.

If I had that kind of money, I'd buy a jetski and turn my basement into a private movie theater, not spend it on Crumby comics.

The coolest thing Lucas did was threaten his rich neighbors with the idea of building affordable housing in the area because they held back construction plans he had on his property. Forced his entitlement through weaponized libtard hypocrisy and NIMBYism.

Did you check LibGen?

>also real shame about Jessie
Always felt bad for him. In the doc you can see him longing for approval from his dad but it didn't really seem like Robert gave a shit.

I felt like Robert was just not emotionally equipped to show his approval, because he wasn't taught that at home himself

I did and it wasn't there
to be precise I was looking for the six (?) volumes titled "Robert Crumb. Sketchbook" from Tachen publishing
there is only one volume on redacted and the rest is nowhere to be found I think.

>None of the sisters wanted to comment or appear

So did the brothers molest the?
Seems likely.

Not even close

Attached: 2E032858-6CBC-4548-8937-BBCF7754B464.jpg (360x619, 35.74K)

Sad to hear his son recently past away from a car crash a few years back. He seemed wholesome in the movie.

>get the tiniest glimpse into the father’s childhood and background
>it’s immediately apparent that everything that happened is a result of his childhood oneitis not loving him back, because he was a pudgy nerd, which led to him dating some weird, older crazy lady, just so he wouldn’t be alone forever
>you can tell the oneitis knows it, too

Attached: 41F94D59-7DDE-4180-88E1-B29F4A2B0E32.gif (400x300, 1.98M)

>One sits at home with his filthy mom and reads novels, I mean that's not all that bad.
He killed himself

isnt that how every pudgy nerd loses their virginity? i highly recommend that part.

Yeah, but that could very well have been the best possible outcome.

My Troubles with Women depressed me even more than the Crumb documentary

The guy makes Woody Allen seem warm and fuzzy

This ain't that movie where John Candy is the funny detective.

>funny
that movie is miserable and i still watch it every few years

based

for me it's the act of killing

What disturbed me is that he recognized his daughter's brattiness and ability to manipulate him as parallel to some of the traits of adult women he had slept with.

>Crumb This
>Crumb That
You guys aren't even ready. Also I highly recommend Ghost World.

Attached: MV5BMjA0MjYxNjY1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDkwMjAwMQ@@._V1_.jpg (431x640, 60.2K)

Terry Zwigoff is a close friend of Robert's, it's the only reason this movie got made.

god i love to hate ghost world. i saw that shit in theater at a matinee with man who wasn't there. it was a good day.

SO THERE'S THIS GUY NAME FRTIZ AND HERE'S THE BLOODY THING ABOUT IT. FRTIZ IS A CAT THAT LIKE TO FUCK! HE HAS NO FATHER FIGURE SO HE LETS HIMSELF GET INTO ALL KINDS OF CRAZY TROUBLE! THATS THE CHAOS MAN