Everything is getting worse. Film, tv, vidya, music, art, it's all getting objectively worse...

Everything is getting worse. Film, tv, vidya, music, art, it's all getting objectively worse. Don't tell me things sucked back then, they didn't, there used to be soul

Attached: unnamed.png (191x228, 31.97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-ZrFsh1PExk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the west has been in decline for the past 20 years. It's in self-destruct mode now.

just make your own then

I shouldn't have to

The majority of all media is mediocre & forgettable. The reason you look more fondly on the past is that we only really remember the best media therein. Nobody's making threads about pic related but you'll see a Groundhogs Day thread every day on Yea Forums - both comedies were released in the same year.

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 7.22.47 AM.png (872x1316, 1002.22K)

>I want to only consoome not create
>wahhhhh why am I sad??
retard

you're suppose to grow up

Bread and circus no longer required to keep the swollen population distracted.
You know why.

Wrong, even the most mediocre content from the 80s and 90s are infinitely more soulful than what we have today

I'd rather watch Solarbabies than any MCU movie

just get rid of jewish financing it's so easy

What are you creating?

You feel that way because of nostalgia. If you were living in any other decade, you'd probably have the exact same complaints

only if you're a surface level pleb

I didn't grow up in the 60s and I love thunderbirds, how can I be nostalgic for it?

name one movie as good as groundhog day made after 2019

And do nothing? Sounds fun

Demoralized Faggot

We're all being squished into a consumer minced meat machine and reduced to our simplest form

Yes society is collapsing. Everything is degenerating at a rapid rate.

This is what happens when people live their lives drawing from artificial sources.

Directors today don't make movies from their own experiences. They make movies from other movies. This sort of demented loop is in everything right to a personal level. People don't live their lives it's just some reflective parody of social media.

Why is it so hard for you to admit that things are objectively worse in the current year?

Media comes from culture.
Culture comes from faith / belief / spirituality

No I'm not preaching Christianity. If you'd like, you can look at non Christian cultures. Regardless, a culture must have a wellspring to draw from, and a frame of reference in which to exist. The west in particular has none of this. Science does not create compelling stories, and in the end, what you are bemoaning is the loss of stories.
We have lost our STORY so of course everything else follows.

You all already probably know this of course.

Pop Culture was always shit.
You're just getting old and you're not the target demographic anymore

>all its own

Nah, we have a story. It's "consoom, also diversity and LGBT are good". That is our national ethos right now, promoted by the government and corporations that rule us. Whether that's a good story/ethos is up to you.

Stuff isn't getting worse you just watch the highlights of previous generations. If you think stuff is getting worse you're not clicked in to good stuff. Or how about you become a creator yourself and quitcha bitchin

You look at a cathedral or some shit and say how shit was so based back in the day ignoring how most people lived.

Absolute brainlet take. So nu wars isn't bad, I've just gotten old right?

Post what you consider good.

You can't

Most people had god and community, so they had it better than we do

Once art is made for profit it stops being art and becomes a product
Indie media is still decent

Get into development yourself. I found out consuming entertainment is boring but MAKING them is still rewarding and feels good.

Because they're not, you're just watching the wrong media. Pic related is potentially the best thriller of all time,, for example

Attached: GoodTime.jpg (1062x1500, 191.43K)

>THINGS ARENT WHAT THEY USED TO BE AHHHHHHH IM GOING INSANE!!

Attached: 1648441080111.png (716x756, 529.46K)

The world you were born into doesn't exist anymore.

It's all downhill from here on out.

Even "cultural marxist" leftists like Adorno could see this as far back as the 60s. Sorry you're too dumb to read bro.

It's quite sad having to live through becoming a minority in your own country, yes. Not to mention the economic & housing situation.

Nope. Everything was shit back then too, except some things.
Those some things are remembered.

This but unironically

you have some sort of depression.

I would be willing to argue that is less a story than it is a lack of one. What you're describing is a pastiche of capitalism created reactionary buzzwords. No one even really believes in them - they just parrot them for acceptance.

Great art (in its general use) is derived from a shared vision of a people. LOTR for example, is quintessential northern European. Aladdin is a middle Eastern example (discovered by a Frenchman so maybe a bad example kek).

I don't know what the future holds. In theory a collapse is required, during which the new people, whoever they are, will create their own story. That said, OP is being a bit melodramatic. There are countless movies, shows etc from before his time to enjoy. And niche filmmakers still do their own thing as always.

faggot

Attached: 2006.jpg (810x500, 146.45K)

>old bad
>new bad
>equality and racemixing good

Dissatisfaction leads to a frustrations, frustration leads to depression followed by acceptance and/or regret. They want to condition your brain to accept it as normal, rather than lash out and change the system. The process above is strangely similar to a politician's cycle (from the voter's perspective).

based
cringe

Pretty much, yeah

>2006
Send me back. Please. I promise I'll do good.

Attached: 1609762005984.jpg (680x382, 18.42K)

Everything is shit and always has been. If you disagree you are delusional. Living was a mistake.

Back then only 95% was shit.Now if we get a single good thing per year we are lucky.

Attached: 1648320267219.jpg (1920x1080, 186.56K)

Growing up all of my hobbies (video games, watching movies and being on the internet) were only done by other outcasts and nerds. And I was happy with us being where we were and having the normies making the world go round. But some after 2012, literally everyone started talking and doing my hobbies. The things I was made fun of, popular girls were now doing. Its like everyone wanted to be like us nerds and losers but not knowing we still need normal people in society for it to function.

k
youtube.com/watch?v=-ZrFsh1PExk

things went from accidentally bad to spitefully bad, that's a big reversal if artists claim to be contributing to a cultural center. The awards show shouldn't be 'BEST' actor it should be 'MOST SPITEFUL' actor in a plausibly comfy remake that made our enemies seethe.

Watch more old shit

Attached: bringing.jpg (1288x1600, 271.9K)

I was out with a few friends at the bar on Monday night. We stepped out because two of them really like their smoke breaks, and I said to someone else "Remember when we were in high school and you could play a game for longer than an hour and felt like you were having fun?" to which he said "you still can, you don't?".
>"Well, not really. It wasn't like when we were young"
>Bluntly, he said "that sounds like depression".
When we're young, everything new has some sort of novelty to it, and vidya and movies, since they are instantly gratifying, are also highly addictive in the same way drugs, masturbation or gambling is, just on a lower scale. If you do not like them, trying going without for a month. I know I've tried but can't. You may want to find a different hobby on the side of things, or consider a part time job.

Nah aint gonna do it

Normies and more sociable people lie about being happy all the time, user. It's a shame that your introspective musing didn't lead to a meaningful and frank discussion between you and your bros about a shared melancholic funk you're all quietly suffering with, but your friends were probably trying to have a good time at the bar.

Don't talk to your friends about your malaise. Men shouldn't share their feelings with each other like that because it doesn't help. And men absolutely should never confide in any woman about their problems, because they'll never respect them again after the fact.

If you ever cry in front of your girlfriend, you should probably just leave her immediately. Odds are, she'll eventually drop your ass anyway.

Just because you're a social reject in the current era doesn't mean new things are automatically bad.

Attached: take the call.jpg (406x596, 18.35K)

It’s not just nostalgia. I was hardly even alive then and also know it was better.

Yeah they're only bad 99.99% of the time, and mediocre the other 0.01%

Low budget films from the 70’s were better than half the shit in theaters today tho

They're brainlets yet arrogant. They feel like big brained bois for shitting out the legitimately reddit take that it's all le nostalgia, le cyclical, etc.

Hour long B movies from the 1930s are better than most shit in theaters today

Literally US and Japan hold the entertainment world, and Japan cucks to the US.

Now it's time for russian, chinese and indian chads.

No I mean we still had a good time regardless, we basically just played pool the whole time. I didn't drink because it was a Monday night, but the two guys I mentioned that needed smoke breaks were on leave from the Army, so they were drinking a lot.
I don't have the ability to cry anymore since my dad died 5 years ago. Things have been bad since then, cataclysmically so in some parts, but crying just never happens. Not sharing any bad thoughts is a surefire way to be swallowed by them, and it is factors cheaper than therapy. If you think that this is something historically unheard of, you're dead wrong.

Yeah I can't even get erection nowadays, and my bald spot keeps growing. Fucking Jews.

Attached: 1648230087552.jpg (2048x2048, 234.69K)

Just because it's not unheard of doesn't mean it actually helps

Why is this always the left's goto?

>If you think that this is something historically unheard of, you're dead wrong.
The last thing you should be doing if you're this kind of over-serious, emotional faggot who inflicts his "young man's blues" on others is judge other people's takes or take opinionated stances. Just stay with your trauma and personal turmoil. Never leave it... not even for a good argument. Never let your friends forget that you're a human being who feels.

It's because they have been completely monetized. Just watch old stuff and play old vidya.

>heh just break into an industry ruled by leftists who won't even finance a film that doesn't have niggers in it bro
>It's easy