When exactly did it jump the shark?

When exactly did it jump the shark?

Attached: EAC4B1FF-8261-4861-83A7-1B35553E4C3E.jpg (1280x720, 88.98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JboZIZOQjQs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

S01E01. Saul Goodman died in that episode, from that point on only Heisenberg remained.

Attached: hungceiling.webm (1280x720, 2.22M)

It didn't, unlike BrBr, which went to shit when le wacky nazis were contrived to fill the villain void.

When Chuck went apeshit in the courtroom. He always struck me as more calculating than to lose his shit and go "whoops I didn't mean to do that".

reddit take

There's nothing wrong with this. He had the boots of Springheel Jak equipped

what other takes do your people have?

that was the point wasn't it? Jimmy finally made him snap and start his downward spiral.

When Kim falls in love with an old fart.

before it was released because it's completely unnecessary

When it got renewed for a second season.

that's when the show peaked, cityslicker

When Lalo killed an entire group of armed mercenaries by himself without getting shot once.

>teleports behind you

When Lalo killed all those people by himself in the end of season 5. Really dropped the believability of the show to me.

He was only calculated when he had a plan and things went according to plan. When things don't, he freaks out. Same thing happened when he was in court and he had the wrong address for the bank.

all the retcons. vince is a hack

The new commercial basically confirms Howard dies and Kim lives right? The reticle lights on her is too on the nose and Howard doesn't have any mention which is supposed to make you believe he dies to then make you believe he lives by virtue of it not being that obvious to then punk you because he does die

Season 5 is interesting because it was the first time I actually was annoyed at how stupid some stuff was getting but it also had the highest kino peaks in the entire show.

the nazis were actually the good guys because they opposed Walt, who was the show's bad guy

It didn't. Season 4 was pretty slow but Season 5 was the best it's ever been.

He got shot once in his shoulder I think, but yea that was pretty stupid. I don't think we can determine it as "jumping the shark" yet until we notice a decline in quality in season 6.

What retcons? The only one I can think of is when Saul said "I caught my 2nd wife sleeping with my stepdad". But even that's not necessarily a retcon, since it still could've happened. Jimmy's father died when he was like 11, and his mom could've remarried. It's stated in the show that Kim is his third wife.

whats annoying about this show is that while its great its not concise at all. I know the meme, "nothing happens" but some parts legitimately drag on with no actual point other than more characterization and themes to showcase. That probably sounds pseudo-intellectual as hell but we really didn't need all the flashback scenes to Slipping Jimmy, it hasn't built to anything. The show wastes its time explaining and showing basically fucking everything and not in an autistic artistic way more of a "we need to pad the episode" type way

What commercial? Link.

youtube.com/watch?v=JboZIZOQjQs

Basedvo, Vince

Agree sometimes they overdo it, we get who Jimmy was and is at this point

Eh, it could just be that Howard isn't really that important to him, at least not compared to people like Chuck or Kim. Also I don't know if those are reticle lights, they could just be random lines. Would this documentary even be canon? It seems a little too cartoonish to be in the actual Breaking Bad universe (Mrs. Kettleman interrupting her husband like that would never be included in any actual documentary). Also, pretty much all the images they used are from promotional material for the show, no way they have photos like that for cartel members lol.

But that's pretty much the point of the entire show. The characters. What Slippin Jimmy flashbacks would you cut? The one where Chuck bails Jimmy out? That's crucial to understanding how Chuck was always left picking up the pieces of Jimmy's mess, while Jimmy never faced any consequences. The Rolex scam with Marco? I can maybe understand cutting that but it's still good for setting up Marco so he doesn't just come out of nowhere in the season finale. Plus, the con was just plain entertaining.

>recorded conversation between Lalo and Jimmy telling him to pick up the 7 million
What the fuck? This ain't lore-friendly is it?

Honestly the lalo stuff, as fun as he is he just seems out of place with some of his stuff, I'm not even talking about the travelwire/jumping on car shit that triggers some anons, but him having a lawyer collect 7mil in bail, the fact that jimmy can somehow get him out on bail and have him obviously skip town as a cartel PoI and face no repurcussions (from the legal side of things, maybe this will change this season) and basically everything involved in the compound shootout

>I'm not even talking about the travelwire/jumping on car shit that triggers some anons
What?

It's full drama. And that means it's more about the characters and how they interact than it is about the plot. The plot is just a vehicle for the characters to express themselves. Sounds dumb, but that's what heavy melodramas are about.

this. hes a reddit cartoon character

>There's nothing wrong with this. He had the boots of Springheel Jak equipped
It's not just the drop. It's the fact that he's crawling around on top of a drop ceiling. They are very flimsy and wont hold much weight at all. Certainly not a grown man.

>The amount of weight your drop ceiling can hold depends on the sturdiness of your ceiling’s metal framework. Some drop ceilings can hold up to 2 pounds of weight, while others may hold up to 15 pounds. If you are wanting to decorate for an event, most drop ceilings can support lightweight decorations. However, hanging heavy items from your suspended ceiling may compromise its structure.

>I SHOOT LIGHTNING FROM MY FINGERTIPS

What the fuck Vince? Ever heard of foreshadowing?

What if he got out quickly and locked him up before down?

The "jokes" in the first season were some of the most painful television I have endured, and making Mike mike central was stretching past thin. I quit after they did the joke of him fast-handsing a cowboy operator. They spent so much time extensively setting that guy up as a fool and then though I'd be surprised and amused when he gets clowned on.

Haven't seen that series but could the guy not have been holding onto the roof trusses above him

It never jumped the shark.
I'm not sure what's worse, the "it's the show where nothing happens" posters or the "waaaah why isn't it more serious!?" posters.

When jimmy shat in the sunroof

Probably not lol

Season 5 was the most kino season yet.

I'm going to throw this out there. And I'm just. You know who the fuck cares what I think.

This show is an obvious time sink with little to nothing fucking happening. No one cares except people who invested time and EVEN then. It's just about that finale.

They're both going to live. There are so many other, better ways to write both characters out and there's no reason that either needs to die

He had Saul collect bail because he had no one else to trust besides Nacho, who was occupied at the time. He didn't face any repurcussions because they didn't have any concrete prrof that he was part of the cartel at the time. I agree the compound shootout was pretty dumb.

It's about the characters, retard. Just say it's not for you and move on.

Or you can not be triggered you sensitive bitch.

It didn't

no

he's just like me...

The Salamanca twins in BB were even worse. The fact that there is usually so much attention to detail just makes the occasional over-the-top scene seem all the more glaring.

To preface: I like Season 5, it's probably the most entertaining season so far. Season 4 is absolute dogshit though.

I think the show lost its focus after season 3. It became way too much about fan service and events only being interesting because they foreshadow Breaking Bad. Chuck killing himself is really where the show should have ended. A couple tweaks in the script to tie some loose ends and it would have been a good place to stop. Based off what we know about Jimmy, it'd be easy for the viewer to fill in the gaps to why he became Saul Goodman without the show becoming Breaking Bad 2.

So much of the show now is about references and subversions. And Mike's storyline has retroactively ruined his character in Breaking Bad. Part of the allure of the character was that he had no real origin, but the viewer is able to infer that he's just a guy who's been in the game for so long that he's really good at his job. But BCS reveals that he's only been working for Gus for like 4 years tops before Breaking Bad. Not only that, but for some reason this senior citizen is so supernaturally skilled that a drug lord is begging him to be his right hand man. That's when the show jump the shark for me.

The show died with Chuck, now all that's left is campy cartel shit with the meme twins and the geriatric assassin man

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... ya know.....waltuh.......

literally every second he was on screen was him being a fool

She's 49

I feel like the only way the show could've ended with Chuck dying is if the show was about nothing but Chuck and Jimmy the entire time. No Kim, no Howard, no Mike and the entire cartel side of the story. At the very least, these characters would only be there to serve the plot and barely have any characterization of their own. Imo, that would be a vastly inferior show. I agree that season 4 is the worst season, but it picks back up after the timeskip montage big time. Even the first half of the season, while slow, was necessary in showing the transition between Jimmy and Saul.

Also idk how you can say that the show has become all about Breaking Bad references now. How does Kim's character relate to Breaking Bad at all? Even Lalo, who's tied to the cartel shit, isn't important to Breaking Bad's story at all. He was literally a throwaway line lol.

Idk how Mike's character is ruined either. Mike still is just a guy who's been in the game for so long that he's really good at his job. Did you forget that he was a corrupt cop for decades? Or how he fought in the Vietnam War? Just because he wasn't actively working for some crime boss doesn't mean that he can't pick up skills along the way.

When Kim said "I fucked Chuck"

Jimmy? Kim? Howard?