Wake up

>wake up
>remember David Lynch exists
Today was a good day

Attached: David_Lynch.jpg (409x600, 54.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/aftabamon/status/1511860815703547906
youtube.com/watch?v=9qcjHLuoSXY&list=PLAA422C11A1F18EBA
inews.co.uk/essentials/shes-gotta-spike-lees-crucial-chronicle-changing-face-new-york-104248
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Which number will it be tomorrow? I'm betting on 3

New surprise movie to be shown at Cannes this year

IF YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU CAN BELIEVE IT
IT'S A FRIDAY ONCE AGAIN

>Mummurhfhhhhrhghghh!!

Attached: david-lynch-panties (1).jpg (450x321, 15.5K)

reminder that he is very likely to die before 2030

Attached: moon_man.jpg (540x322, 33.84K)

>I WANNA HAVE A GOOOOOOD DAY TODAYYYY

Based, also if 5 then blue skies and golden sunshine for everyone ITT

What does he mean by that? Why does he do that?

>Elaborate
>No

Shut the fuck up

The only thing worse than Elon Musk simps are David Lynch simps

So is everyone else if Jewtin keeps chimping out

>I FUCKING HATE DAVID LYNCH LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1560193191194.png (1887x3356, 302.03K)

fridee*

Attached: elaborate.png (2160x2067, 2.66M)

Attached: another one bites the dust.webm (1280x692, 1.2M)

I've just noticed the expression on the guys face who catches him

i consider this to be my most spiritual thread

Fr tho why his eyes always look like he judging me for being mad sussy sheesh I'm bussin ong

what the source for that rumor?

>inb4 it's another animated short

i mustve seen Mulholland Dr. a dozen times and that scenes works every time? how did Lynch do it?

He should have been more restricted by the studio for The Return, it probably would have been better.

I feel bad for feeling this way it's greedy but I just want him to make more stuff. Twin Peaks followup would be ideal but honestly everything, he has more masterpieces inside him for the world to see.

could it have been better?

The Return is one of the best things he's ever done and I love it.

they tried, but he threatened to walk so they gave him what he wanted. iirc it was originally only supposed to be 8 episodes in total

Chad move and it paid off.

Attached: another one bit the dust.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

FWWM > The Return > Season 2 Pre-Reveal > Season 1 > Season 2 Post-Reveal > Kino Threshold

twitter.com/aftabamon/status/1511860815703547906
Official announcement next Thursday. 1st guess was Lynch, he replied "guess again". Today someone said "he confirmed it isn't Lynch" and he said
>Did I really confirm that?

It’s all in the extended buildup.
You know the jumpscare is coming, then you wonder if he’ll subvert it somehow, then you wonder what’s going on at all, all while you see the ugly guy’s dread building with every cut.
Then it happens, and instead of some instant scare with a monster or whatever it’s just a weird-looking hobo pulling into the frame fairly slowly. Somehow scarier than whatever it was you expected, because it’s the last thing you would have expected.
The guy apparently dying of fright without anything even happening makes it creepier after the scene ends.

Watch it be JJ Abrams like we should care

>mfw my local theater is doing a complete David Lynch retrospective

Attached: dougie.png (473x476, 515.4K)

Attached: lynch'd.gif (420x236, 2.04M)

The guy is more of an arthouse type apparently. Someone dug out one of his tweets from 2020 where he states his favorite movies are La Dolce Vita and Blue Velvet

8 episodes would have been better, and all these faggy Lynched memes, none of you cunts saw any of his movies in the theater upon release

i saw lost highway in theater cause i was really into NiN. wasn't really into lynch though til i caught blue velvet in the 00's probably

I've got pretty good google-fu. I'm gonna dig this guy's history and report back.

Keep us posted, thx

>La Dolce Vita
based

you can always trust a guy who prefers La Dolce Vita over 8 1/2 (of, both are great, but my point still stands)

This guy:
>Voted for Blue Velvet as one of his picks for BFI
>Has cited Twin Peaks as a positive example in a review of Three Billboards
>Was very positive about Lynch in an interview with Laura Dern
>Did an interview with Jessica Lynch where he jacks off David Lynch, specifically Blue Velvet, Muhalland Drive and Twin Peaks
>Jacks off David Lynch in a review of Dune (but still isn't a fan of Lynch's Dune), cites Twin Peaks as a positive example
>Clear Arthousefag, wrote a book on Spike Lee

However:
>Gave a rotton review for Inland Empire

No golden bullets (Can't find him outright stating what his favorite show is) but all in all David Lynch fits the bill.

whoa if this true I guess I need to get around to fwwm and the end of season 2/ the return

As long as you accept you're never getting Season 1 again you'll have a good time.

That's great research user, it really does make it quite possible that he was indeed talking about a new Lynch project!

there really is something special about those 8 episodes isnt there

It's not my favorite part of the franchise, but yeah, nothing like it.

youtube.com/watch?v=9qcjHLuoSXY&list=PLAA422C11A1F18EBA

I think it looks good for Lynch, my one blind spot is the landscape of television so i'm not suited for other directors and their work.

Attached: 1621765576719.webm (1280x688, 2.62M)

did he like Three Billboards? that movie was a steaming pile of shit

"These issues mean that Three Billboards is as flawed as its central characters. Luckily, it’s also just as funny and interesting."

Megafucking spoilers/rumor:
>“In September of last year, I was told by someone in-charge of one of the original shooting locations in Snoqualmie that Lynch and his team had indeed been in town that summer shooting something that was post-apocalyptic in nature. I asked him four times if he was sure that Lynch himself was there, and the guy told me he’s positive that it was Lynch. That would line up with the reports that went out to local businesses alerting them of someone filming happening there, and reports of Amanda Seyfreid being seen in Washington at the time, and what Dern said about Lynch being “up to something radical and fantastic.” And of course, the hair-and-beard thing.

Yep. I follow the Lynch news too, haven't heard that one specifically but he's definitely doing something. I didn't expect a film though so if this is him that would be interesting. Big questions are is the movie all he's working on or is there a tv show, and what, if anything is Twin Peaks related.

sounds like wisteria aka twin peaks finale. there were rumblings about twin peaks s3 people meeting up a year or so ago

It seems as if we really could be getting a new Lynch movie-- not a tv episode, not an anthology episode.
Jordan Ruimy (the same guy who made an updated post yesterday about Wisteria/Undocumented Night) states quite clearly:
>UPDATE: Ever since posting this piece, I’ve been sending emails, having back-and-forths with people, and I am utterly convinced David Lynch will world premiere a FEATURE-LENGTH MOVIE at this May’s 75th Cannes Film Festival. Exciting.
So it's basically a 1)whole movie probably starring 2)Amanda Seyfried, Naomi Watts, Laura Dern (probably) and a dark-haired mid 20s actress

>amanda seyfried

oh, the chick that was doing the laura palmer smile in s3. dark-haired mid 20s actress's character is probably some audrey type.

Other likely suspects:
Scorsese
>Kaleem has never said anything about Boardwalk Empire. Has interviewed him and is generally nice, but not to the extent of Lynch.

JJ Abrams
>Gave an interview with a Star Trek character, JJ isn't revered and LOST is mentioned only in passing
>Middling article on The Force Awakens, never mentions LOST
>Talks positively of Super 8, no LOST

Amanda does fit into Lynch's aesthetics

Honestly my only guess other than Lynch based on my limited knowledge of Directors who work in TV, if this guy was retarded with his words he could mean Jordan Peele, he's a big fan.

“I did not confirm or deny (Lynch). I just got the guesses going.”
It's Lynch.

Apparently Fincher and Spike Lee will be at Cannes, and since he wrote a book on Lee it could be him but I absolutely hope it is not. Imagine expecting Lynch and getting Spike Lee instead.
But there's reason to be confident: someone also tweeted "so disappointed it isn't Lynch" and this Aftab guy replied:
>or are the Owls not what they seem?

a fucking jordan peele movie would be the biggest troll imaginable

>see happy white family
>omg LYNCHED
>black person looks scared
>JORDAN PEELE presents
>aw fuck

Fincher is iffy on the Television angle. Looking into Spike Lee, he seems to be the only other one who fits the bill. He does adore the man (wrote a book). Here is his article on Lee's only significant television show:
inews.co.uk/essentials/shes-gotta-spike-lees-crucial-chronicle-changing-face-new-york-104248

So really unless we're missing a director, it's almost certainly Lynch or Spike Lee.

what about michael mann? if it turns out to be anyone besides lynch i think that would be the coolest alternative