What does this mean for the future of DC movies?

what does this mean for the future of DC movies?
Will they get better without studio meddling?

Attached: discovery.png (545x661, 97.68K)

I have not watched discovery since mythbusters days, how the fuck do they have 43 billion dollars

Mythbusters syndication

One thing i can say is that Christopher Nolan and Zack Snyder have already met with the new boss.
In fact, one of the big execs the new boss met so this big exec can work for the company is a Netflix exec who's personal friends with Snyder. He's the reason now Snyder is working with Netflix.

Where the FUCK did Discovery get a bag like that?

Nolan's next film is with Universal.

Mike Brewer got them a good deal.

Snyder fans are delusional. Zalsav and the rest of the board gave Emmerich a vote of confidence. Snyder isn't stepping foot on a WB lot for the foreseeable future.
Zalsav was your last hope and he doesn't care.

When you think of documentary television, it's usually connected to Discovery. In the beginning they focused on science and nature, but they've branched out ever since.
The only real competition they have is the History channel. Even shit like Animal Planet is owned by Discovery.

literally Qtard tier

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 20220408_230507.jpg (1032x426, 79.45K)

Arent all those amerikan companies owned by BlackRock and StateStreet?

At&t panicked after overspending for WB & then watching covid hit & eliminate their profits so they basically gave it away

>Discovery
>43 billion burgers

Attached: 1359175714541.jpg (613x533, 49.32K)

What the fuck is even going on anymore

But based Ezra isn’t fired, which is good hews

Discovery owns the food network which in turn owns guy fieri.

>raving lunatic violent faggot is le HECKIN based because...he attacks women!!!

Disney only paid 7billion for Star Wars and Fox

Snyder is back baby!

>Zalsav and the rest of the board gave Emmerich a vote of confidence.
They haven't renewed his deal which ends in 5 months.

More like 70B for fox

Could be some kind of leveraged buyout. If so, I imagine the new company will start selling off IPs, rights, and assets to help pay itself back.

Zaslav will interfere even more, they outright said he's "very hands on"

>I imagine the new company will start selling off IPs
based
Disney should buy rights to DC character movies
>GOYHN

Yeah, but the difference is that he's not a retard. He's a money guy. He took Discovery and made it a giant with all the reality shows even if most of them is gross-out shit. Because that shit sells.

That would be awful, let's hope it never happens

Attached: homofag.jpg (1920x1080, 227.37K)

Can someone tell me what this means, I'm retarded.

Attached: 1649136482673.gif (498x498, 2.85M)

yes?

It mean aquaman will be on shark week!

It means you will have shit woke movies to watch like before.

bat week on discovery

and that's supposed to be good?

OH NO IS THAT....A MAN WEARING...MAKEUP???? IM GOING INSSSSAAAANNNNNNNNNEEE

>He's a money guy

As a Snyder fan, that SHOULD BE your biggest worry.

Well, the recent DC movies outside of Joker haven't done any money either.

It means that if Pattinson Batman and Ezra flash fails there will be Snyderverse. But my guess is they will scrap everything and do a clean reboot.

Attached: Batfleck lives.png (598x1097, 373.37K)

CNN is now part of Discovery. Let the axes fly.

I don't know why you'd think DC movies needing to make even more money back would lead to less executive meddling instead of more.

I want Guy Fieri to get a show on CNN

The reboot idea is stupid, because then the casual audience would have to get accustomed with a whole new cinematic universe with a whole new set cast of characters/actors. Something that would split whatever fandom there is even further.

This. They made BANK during lockdown.

Anthony Bourdain had his own CNN show. Guy's would be a bit more festive.

>The reboot idea is stupid
Then why make Pattinson Batman instead of a Batfleck film? Can't rely on nostalgia forever.

Attached: I'll take it from here guys.png (1536x2048, 2.83M)

Because the current WB regime, that is going to be shown the door by Discovery, were fucking stupid. They thought that they needed to redo what Christopher Nolan did with the Batman franchise, specially after the success of Joker - which they originally didn't even want to produce - so they had someone made exactly that. But you can only reboot a franchise so many times before it start giving diminishing returns.

Meanwhile Disney/MCU is preying on nostalgia using the older Marvel movies and TV shows and raking in money. Something that the current WB regime is also trying to do with The Flash movie, but in a really fucking stupid way: they're basically ruining Tim Burton's Batman movies setting and Michael Keaton all so they can use whatever nostalgia associated with those movies to shill out THEIR version of a rebooted cinematic universe that is all about female and person of color characters.

The casual audience has largely deemed the Snyderverse as not worth their time, and Snyderfags can't compensate for that despite trying to rig the game at every turn. The Batman is a reboot and it made more money in a month and a half than Justice League made in its entire theatrical run. The characters from the Snyderverse actively discourage people from wanting to watch DC movies at this point.

People have been begging for Deadliest Catch crossovers. Is it finally time?

>yfw we get a DC and Battlebots crossover

Attached: faruq-faruq-tauheed.gif (498x281, 2.65M)

>The characters from the Snyderverse actively discourage people from wanting to watch DC movies at this point.
I still want to watch DC movies. I'm just not interested in anything at the moment. Maybe the Black Adam film though.

>The characters from the Snyderverse actively discourage people from wanting to watch DC movies
Because they aren't done with Zack Snyder's help. They're bastardizations. Same as saying that Joss Whedon's Justice League was a Zack Snyder's movie. They're pussyfied.

>WB getting bought by a fucking reality tv channel
lmao imagine getting that low for a 100 years company

There's literally nothing wrong with reality tv you manchild

>The Batman is a reboot and it made more money in a month and a half than Justice League made in its entire theatrical run.

The Batman won't make 800 hundred million. Less than fucking BvS. Just slightly more than MoS.

Since WB deemed MoS and BvS flops i guess TB is a flop as well.

Everything is cancelled forever

>what is a return on investment

>Because they aren't done with Zack Snyder's help
But that's wrong you retard. He wasn't involved in Aquaman and that was the most successful movie of the Snyderverse. The Batman is going to top BvS in a week or so. You tards are incredibly delusional.

>The Batman is going to top BvS in a week or so.
You really think so. Cute.

What return? The movie still haven't broken even.
They haven't even announced a sequel despite WB previously doing so even for WW84.

>He wasn't involved in Aquaman and that was the most successful movie of the Snyderverse.
Not according to casuals, since Jason Mamoa and James Wan were still chilling for Zack Snyder.

Anything will do better than BvS. Even fucking Sonic 2 will do better

Apparently not The Batman, though.

>The film has grossed over $715 million against a $185–200 million budget

Discover card late fees.

200 million budget and 150 million marketing budget (maybe more). The movie hasn't shown a profit yet. Not to mention that every week that passes now the theaters eat more off that profit.

200+150=350
715-350=365

>true but that doesn't count because of something I pulled out from my ass
Jesus fuck the cope is hilarious.