/sev/ Severance general - how you would write season 2 edition

What I'm afraid of: The entire 2nd season will be mostly filler, the consequences for the coup will be a slap on the wrist, more random Lost mystery bullshit, and everything will build toward the season finale when they have outie Mark reunite with his wife inside Lumon. A reverse plotline of the season 1 finale.

What I hope to see is for them go balls to the walls in episode one and keep building the tension throughout. And also have the reunion within the first few episodes. That way it can't be used as some cheap plot device that keeps you invested.

Attached: severance_op.jpg (250x250, 12.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TVqlMfQ3Sl8
youtube.com/watch?v=kagT4109TTU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i think it was kino

Here's how I would write it, and how I'd tie seemingly Lost-esque unrelated little things together:

The reason there's only one man watching everyone, and the reason everything is pretty loosey-goosey even for the bosses / middle manager is because everyone, including the bosses, is part of an experiment. Consequently
everything inside and outside of Lumon is staged.

What they see on the computers isn't what's actually present in reality; what they think they're seeing is actually being beamed or placed into their mind (with the help of their brain implant).
The cartoonish sequence of Kier, which is somehow in color despite the monitors being green monochrome, is a hint at this.

The only way to bring Kier's ideal society about is via the brain implant. The only way to get people to willingly be implanted is if it's sold to them: a way to do work without the pain, a way to have children without the pain, a way to forget painful trauma.

I only watched the first and last episode.

Attached: gigachad2.jpg (1068x601, 72.42K)

I think the innies will get mind wiped, but the outties will have bits of info to continue piecing shit together.

I hope it concludes in season 2 and don't goes on forever.

The true horror of severance was revealed this episode and it's going to be one of the main themes of season 2.
The innie of Gabby has only experienced three days in her life and they were all giving birth to children. Imagine this shit: You wake up, no idea what is going on and then that horrible pain starts and you have to squeeze out a child. A few hours later you wake up again, and it starts again. And again. This is the kind of shit that severance will be used for. The innies will suffer all the bad shit in this world. They will live all kinds of hell every day of their lives.

Also of course what Helly's father said: everyone who has the chip will be mind controlled, will be 'a child of Kier'. We will see more of that too.

The claim (through Helly's severance) is that it is a safe and effective procedure. But we know it isn't. There are side effects, as seen in the news article and as Marc experienced with his hand. This might be a future theme too, especially if they send our guys to the test floor and wipe them. This seems to have happened to Irving before and he is pretty fried.

neither Mark/Helly will return to work
Mark will try get the operation to resever him or whatever it's called and will try to get to Helena to bring back Helly

OH N-

Attached: severance-s01e09-the-we-we-are-1080p-atvp-web-dl-ddp5-1-atmos-h-264-tepes-mkv-00.jpg (1918x802, 1.11M)

If recent history has shown us anything it's that a good first season with lots of positive buzz will mean a fucking garbage 2nd season as the woke programming moves in to take advantage of the eyeballs generated by season one.

Fast foward and lumon has turned the tables on the severed people betraying lumon as victims using dylans attack as justification..

janny when cunny is posted on the board

Attached: 1621707671175.webm (1482x620, 1.62M)

hello sirs,i watch for she

Attached: xx12.jpg (1918x802, 199.12K)

>Sweet home alabama starts playing

Attached: 1531625880320.gif (500x377, 1.55M)

There's 7 (seven) series planned so be ready for languid pacing.

Season 2 will open with them coming off the elevator into work

kek

There was some user in these threads who has been calling Helly being an Eagan many episodes ago. Was that just a good guess, or so obvious or was it someone who had gotten hold of real spoilers?

Yeah I saw that too. Good guess.

>"SHE'S ALIIIIIIVE"
>uh yes Mark the baby is fine, McNegro found her
HAHA BLUEBALL'D MORE REVEALS AFTER 9 MORE EPISODES EMMY PLS FUCK YOU

Attached: 2cy1xn8[1].jpg (425x320, 20.98K)

Mark was holding their wedding photo and Devon doesn't seem to be as retarded as all of Riken's friends, she'll piece it together in no time.

How do you think will happen with Cobel? She's obviously in deep and loyal, since she is still very willing to step in when shit goes down, but we'll see her crack a little.
This whole thing might fall onto her shoulders too and get her actually punished this time.

She'll probably have her job reinstated but end up helping the gang at the end of season 2, but only because she's a psycho revenge cunt.

>three days in her life and they were all giving birth to children.
for outie Gabby this has an appeal that is hard to argue with

i found it weird that cobel told outie mark to resign from lumon when she's very loyal to them, is it possible that she somehow loves mark considering that weird vibe during the reading

>mind controlled
Eagan's description is ambiguous. It's not clear, there are allusions of control, but nothing concrete yet.

he's basically Jesus to them kek

Attached: 1642225043329.png (890x369, 127.5K)

I think at that point she was still very stung about getting shafted.
>loves mark
Not in a romantic sense, I think. She might feel somewhat protective over him and his family - she integrated herself into helping the sister breastfeed and have them depends on her. Might be her trying to experience life inside an actual family, not the Eagan/Lumen "family".

FUCK YOU MR MILCHICK

It was pretty obvious there were a lot of hints

Holy hell that season finale was kino

what's outie irving's deal? he's an army vet
and he somehow had a bunch of
lumon classified files, secret agent?

Activist

>Helly
>Hell - y
It was in front of our eyes the whole time, wasn't it

Attached: severance_hellyinhell.webm (1918x802, 2.3M)

best character in this show easily

stop posting this

Why do they all drive old cars

shitty pay

Do the outties get paid for the innies work?

Dylan's not gonna get beat up/tortured/killed by Milchick. The fact that Milchick was able to get approval from Dylan's outie to discuss something work-related with him in the closet of his own home means they're related somehow. Milchick didn't even defend himself when Dylan bit him on the arm.

honestly, pretty good show. i'm pumped for s2 but thats usually when netflix shows go down the shitter so not high hopes. we'll see if apple follows with woke bs and ruins every good show they have

>What if him and all the people who work at lumon are severed without knowing it? and think their outside life is just their life.

He's been there 9 years, and we know he's been wiped at least once. Might be that he got severed specifically to snoop and find out what's going on, since his outtie stays awake deliberately, perhaps trying to communicate in a way with his innie.
Outtie Irv is going to be proud of his innie I'll bet.

ridiculous the finale was only 40 minutes

I bet Milchik will fuck Helene, he must be hung as a bull

>netflix
it's apple

>Season 2
Entire episodes where Milchick gives Helly the BBC in front of Mark

well now that everything is revealed, it was played pretty safe in the end. oh well didn't expect much

yoooooo this shit slaps hard fr fr no cap
youtube.com/watch?v=TVqlMfQ3Sl8

Attached: ben-wyatt-parks-and-rec-1[1].png (740x370, 302.96K)

>three days in her life and they were all giving birth to children
Fuck. What did innie-Dylan say?
"I just want to remember my son being born"

Make sure to enjoy all new episodes equally.

;_;

Attached: 1628075680702.png (852x428, 377.16K)

based and temporal pincer pilled

its supposed to be him and cobel right?

Attached: one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest-nurse-mildred-ratched[1].jpg (922x518, 45.95K)

>more random Lost mystery bullshit,
But will we see Paintball and coffee cosies?

No way this has to be planned out, unlike LOST

You're retarded lol you can't read lmao nice attention span dummy bet you feel real fuckin dumb hahaha

Everything is all baked-in and finished according to Ben Stiller's interview with Seth Meyers, so I'm guessing next season will be the last youtube.com/watch?v=kagT4109TTU

Hopefully.
At least they don't have to worry too much about sets or having to shoot on an island. Minimal office spaces or houses are much easier to deal with.

Gabby innie says that she wants to name her son William. She wouldn't even know if the kid will be named that.
Grim

They should give it the Dark treatment, 3 seasons of pre-planned kino

Yeah this is what keeps me hopeful.
Devon is sharp. Low chances she misunderstands what iMark was screaming about.

Imagine having multiple kids, but only being present when you're birthing them, while being a handful of hours old. Gabby has a hellish existence.

theyre probably salaries so yeah

absolutely 110% based hero of the series Dylan

it has a weird athestic, they have smartphones but drive old cars. it could be just the town or this exists in some weird technological timeline

I think he was talking just about season 1

DYLAN SLAPS

I do wanna know about his baggage though. We finally get what Mark Irv and Helly are doing severed, but is Dylan just a fat fuck who doesn't want to feel like he's working?

Maybe he loves his kids so much he (his outie) wants to experience being home with them all the time. would contrast nicely against that Gabby who is probably severed because she doesn't want to care for her children.

season 2 cold open couldn't possibly be them (minus helly and maybe mark) coming into work nonchalantly because they've been wiped right? r-right?

There were spoilers of the last two episodes less than an hour after episode 6 aired.

Wtf were the goats for

Irv has a nice car
The company subsidizes at least marks housing, so maybe they get crappy cars from them too. If that's the case, maybe they'd want to keep old looking cars in the parking lot in the event that an innie gets a glimpse. Everything inside lumen seems like its from the 60s-70s

All the work they do is meant to test what will or won't seep through severance.

Kek

Devon will be able to tell outie Mark everything Mark S told her, that includes Gemma still being alive. Obviously that Gemma factor will also be the reason for Mark to go back inside. Helena also will take Helly R back. Irving outie is the only one who has no idea about the coup, but I hope he'll get some clues when he goes back home.

Deserves it for being a fag