Watching with mom & sisters

>watching with mom & sisters
>this scene
>room suddenly smells like its a church basement on a Friday night during Lent

Attached: wesley.jpg (437x500, 25.27K)

Hey user! I know this thread will die very soon, but I just wanted to tell you that I've been laughing here like a retarded person on your post. I might be autistic but I don't remember the last time I laughed so hard. Thank you, user and God bless!

Why does the room smell?

>>room suddenly smells like its a church basement on a Friday night during Lent

Ah yes, how relatable of a smell. Because we've all experienced this.

it's about fish you halfwit

Based wholesome user.

I dont get the reference

good post

pusy

The Princess Bride.

comfy movie

Why are you eating fish in the basement? Dont you just eat at home baka desu senpai.

Why would you go to church to eat your fish?

Spotted the shitskin

Reddit the movie

because of the sudden change in humidity

came out way before reddit but nice try

Catholic churches have fish fries on fridays during Lent because of the abstaining from meat.

You fucking mongoloid, it's a Catholic joke and most Cat licks are 3rd world shitskins.

So his mom and sister smelled like battered fried fish and chips, huh?

Amazing joke op, I see everything so clearly now.

>fish aren't made of meat
christcucks actually believe this.

Autist lacks basic theory of mind, thinks everyone knows about his blasphemous religion. Average Catholic.

Catholic here, it's a theology thing.

haha yeah imagine knowing things

Yeah this analogy is bad. It’s wordy and unrelatable. It’s not punchy.

bpp

the leading edge in medieval science

joke needs a little work op

Please tell me all about Ramadan, Zen Buddhism meditation practices of the Rinzai school, and tell me about the 33 Vendic dieties in Hinduism.

I got it.
You're just stupid.

>Watching this with dad & brother
>this scene
>room suddenly smells like town square on tuesday night golgotha remembrance.

Attached: E.T-movie-e1550779088382.jpg (1600x900, 178.88K)

>knowledge = intelligence

What do you think is more likely: the people on this board are from western countries with some knowledge of common Christian practices, or the ones you listed?

Maybe shut-ins with no friends have never learned that about Catholics. I mean for fucks sake you fucking retarded. I’ve never met a Muslim person in real life before, but I still know about most of the special rules they have during their holidays. But most people meet a lot of Catholics. How could you not know that? Are you slow? I bet you’re fucking slow but your family or no one has ever told you the truth before. Fucking retard oh my god

I'm not going to spoonfeed you, stupid.

I've never known a church basement to smell like fish

>my theology is based on not knowing meat

Concession accepted

There’s no such thing as a church basement. When he says church basement he means a denominational private Catholic school’s gymnasium basement below the cafeteria since the church’s themselves don’t have basements, or kitchens to fry the fish in

Why would they all be eating together in the basement of a Church?

>But most people meet a lot of Catholics
First of all, are you forgetting that there's 7 billion people outside of USA? Secondly, even if you did meet catholics, why the fuck would you know about their churches smelling like fish?

This is the worst thread I think I have ever seen

Autist yet again can't put himself in other people's shoes, can't imagine that anyone else grew up in a protestant area. It's okay, I know it's not your fault, you're incapable of empathy.

Ah yes, the old “fishy basement” trope. Classic

Sorry dude, your analogy sucks, get over it. You were trying to be funny and failed/still failing.

Congratulations you’re a faggot.

Because most people aren’t fucking retards and have enough context clues besides. He said lent so that means “Catholic”. Friday means they’re eating fish. The rest you could figure out. Even without ever meeting any Catholics or having friends you still should have some vague education or be worldly enough to know that, but I guess that was too much to expect from an autistic gremlin to piece together from reading this post. Expecting the readers on here to have IQs above 90 or somewhat knowledgeable about basic worldly things was too high of a demand

>autist raging he didnt get the joke

really catholics....? REALLY?

Attached: fishbasement.jpg (690x517, 36.13K)

I hope your handlers are able to calm you down soon

I'm sorry, but you are completely uneducated about the rest of the world, clearly. If you go to most places in Europe, Asia, Africa, etc. and talk about "lent" they will not in a million years connect it to fish in any way. There's nothing to "figure out" because there is absolutely no logical connection.

Ironically enough, you are out here calling other people "autistic" and telling people that they have less than 90 IQ when those clearly apply to yourself.

Alright anons, since everyone seems to think the analogy sucks, what’s a better one?

I know that people grow up in Protestant areas. Unless you grew up in China or a place with almost no western influence, though, it’s inexcusable to not know basic information about one of the largest religions in the entire world. Even if you live in a semi-dominant Protestant area, you still couldn’t have been fully incubated from Catholics. The world doesn’t work that way

>There's nothing to "figure out" because there is absolutely no logical connection.
you are a retard

>autist YET AGAIN projecting his upbringing on other people

That’s quite a catch xD

I'm from one of the most Catholic countries in the world and have never heard of everybody getting together to eat at the Church. Also fishy smell is usually used to indicate unwashed pussy. The metaphor is just to laboured and I've had enough of it.

>The world doesn’t work that way
Except it does. You obviously only have an extremely limited experience from your own life and where you grew up. Most people in most countries don't go around talking about their religions and customs 24/7.

Everyone figured out there's some connection with lent and fish. It's just a shitty, unrelatable analogy.

There’s over a billion Catholics in the world. Anyone who has any world experience or formal education should’ve at some point picked it up. It’s one of the major religions of the world. And if you live in the west and don’t know about lent or the fish rule, I’m sorry but you’re SHOCKINGLY retarded. That’s why I had to be so incredulous about this. I’m not Catholic, and yet I still has that information readily available in my mind because I’m not some fucking retard who somehow didn’t know that basic information. I’m not Protestant either but I know they still drink grape juice and eat little pieces of bread and have those weird church meet ups in gyms where they sing songs and have a pastor

What logical connection is there between lent and fish to a person who has never met or talked to someone that was catholic?

>REEEEEEEEE YOU CAN'T JUST MAKE CULTURAL REFERENCES THAT SOME RANDOM FUCK ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD WON'T UNDERSTAND
>WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE POOR MUSLIMS WHY WON'T YOU MAKE RAMADAN JOKES INSTEAD YOU FUCKING BIGOT
>AAAAAAAAAAAA CATHOLICS ARE MAKING JOKES ABOUT CATHOLICISM THIS IS LITERAL OPPRESSION I CAN'T BREATHE HEEEEEEEEELP
>WHY WOULD YOU EVER MAKE A JOKE SOME PEOPLE WON'T UNDERSTAND THAT HURTS MY FEELINGS STOP IT STOP MAKING ME FEEL LIKE AN OUTSIDER

If you haven’t learned about the customs of major religions at some point you have a shocking, and borderline retarded, lack of information about the world tho, that’s my only point. I had to do a paper on like all the major religions. I know about Judaism and way smaller religions than Catholicism even tho I’ve never met a Buddhist and avoid all non-secular Jews

>And if you live in the west and don’t know about lent or the fish rule, I’m sorry but you’re SHOCKINGLY retarded
You are clearly from USA where it's normal to talk about religion and customs 24/7. That is NOT normal in a ton of other places. Yes, people may be aware of lent, but the vast majority of people would never make the lent = fish connection.

>who has never met or talked to someone that was catholic?
your lack of knowledge is not the standard. there's a logical connection between catholicism, lint, fridays, and pussy. you are projecting your unawareness onto the world, and then claim "there's no logical connection" when it's already been explained while you reeee about not getting it.

>I had to do a paper on like all the major religions
I see what's going on here. You have such severe autism that you think because you have the knowledge, then everyone else on the entire planet should also have that knowledge.

That's not how things work, and it's honestly quite frightening to watch you genuinely think that's how things work. It shows that you are completely disconnected from reality.

Face it. He blew you the fuck out.

How about this then you fucking retard? Women’s vaginas smell like fish. Even without knowing anything about Catholics, or anything about Friday’s in Lent, that still should’ve been enough for you to piece it together. I just found it amazing his I’m not Catholic and don’t even know a whole lot about Catholics, but I was able to INSTANTLY piece together the joke. If you had trouble getting the joke you’re either stupid, or you lack fundamental knowledge about the world, or maybe it’s a combination of the 2

>your lack of knowledge is not the standard
Let me ask you a simple question. If you went to all 7 billion people on this planet and ask them "what food is associated with lent?" then what % do you think would be able to answer correctly?

>here's a logical connection between catholicism, lint, fridays, and pussy

but how's basements fit into all this...?

>makes up false claim about people in the US
>projects lack of knowledge onto everyone else to feel less alone in his ignorance

Your view of protestantism is extremely limited, as I would expect of anyone who doesn't practice it. How hard is it to imagine that some people didn't know any practicing Catholics growing up?
I've taken an interest in it at various points and learned about the history, I don't really care about what you do on Fridays during lent. That's "basic" information to anyone practicing it, not anyone on the outside, and it's not "worldly" to know in depth about rituals you have no intention of ever following and no interest in.

>that still should’ve been enough for you to piece it together.
I had no problem understanding the joke myself. I am just saying that the joke was set up in a way that wasn't universally understood. The fact that there's people in this very thread who didn't get it is proof of that too.

I see what's going on here. You have such severe autism that you think because you lack the knowledge, then everyone else on the entire planet should also lack that knowledge.

That's not how things work, and it's honestly quite frightening to watch you genuinely think that's how things work. It shows that you are completely disconnected from reality.

@166218429
Seek help

I’m not expecting you to have some obscure piece of knowledge though you fucking clowny ass muppet. I’m talking about knowing basic stuff about the largest western religion in the world. Ask any secular person in the west who isn’t retarded about Friday’s on Lent for Catholics. 99 out of 100 will tell you that they don’t eat fish, and the 1 who doesn’t tell you that is probably sleep deprived but actually would figure out the answer if you gave him a few more minutes. That’s how obvious it should be to you. Anyone who is educated or goes outside has to know this

>AAAAAAAAAAAAAA FUCKING SHITHEAD RIGHT-WING CONSERVATIVE RACIST HICKS ARE TALKING ABOUT THEIR STUPID FUCKING SKY DADDY RELIGION MAKE IT STOP
>THIS IS THE INTERNET WHERE ONLY GLOBOHOMO CULTURAL REFERENCES AND ATHEISM IS ALLOWED STOP BRINGING UP CATHOLICISM IT'S ONE OF MY TRIGGERS
>I LITERALLY CANNOT STOP SHAKING NOW BECAUSE THIS FUCKING INCEL BIGOT REMINDED ME THAT CATHOLICISM EXISTS FUCKING BAN HIM NOW REEEEEEEEEEEE

>I know you are but what am I

I notice you're backing off this basement business.

did OP direct this thread at "all 7 billion people in the world," you seething autist? Most people don't even speak english, you fucking moron.

>smells like its a church basement
You mean like wine and bread? Old books? Candles? Gimmie a clue.

Attached: 1532453969991.jpg (671x665, 74.65K)

Classic lent fish basement