Movie niggles

What things do you see in movies that most people wouldn't notice or care about but annoy you? For me it's when someone has a gun firing next to their head and they're completely unfazed. Also when the speed of sound is the speed of light (you hear explosions / thunder instantly)

Attached: 231744.png (1920x799, 893.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YvPerZLPnm4
youtube.com/watch?v=wMvTR012Dmg
youtu.be/pbKO2OUQhEA?t=205
m.youtube.com/watch?v=vBFkHd4-skg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>calls a magazine a clip

When there's a conflict between characters caused by a misunderstanding that could be resolved in one sentence

I can’t stand action scenes where there’s no way to know where the characters are, either to each other, or in the setting in general. For example, someone being chased through hallways, usually in sci fi, and they just keep turning corners. There’s no tension because you don’t know how close the chaser is, or how close they are to escape, you’re just waiting for it to be over. Same with car chase scenes down random streets, even if the one being chased has a destination, it’s just pointless if you don’t know how close they are to it.

Also, overly long shootouts where nobody’s getting shot. Just unloading clips and reloading and shooting more, swapping from closeups of two characters, no sense of tension, no indication of why nobody’s actually getting hit with bullets, no use of the geography of the scene, just closeups of shooting.

>Radio communication between a spaceship and base millions of kms away
>No delay

>cops knock down locked doors with a single kick
There’s a reason why battering rams are used and needed

One thing that never fails to annoy me is how Hollywood people seem to be completely ignorant to how fragile the human body is. In so many movies the protagonist will get shot or stabbed or fall off a three story building and just say "aww fuck" and limp away from it instead of being in excruciating pain unable to move. The new batman movie was the worst example of this I've ever seen.

I also hate when movies treat Kevlar vests like they're bulletproof. In movies people get shot many times and are just like "lucky I was wearing a vest". All a Kevlar vest does is stop bullets from going INSIDE you, preventing organ damage. What movies don't realise is that a bullet is a solid piece of lead travelling faster than the speed of sound, if you get hit in the vest you will still suffer broken ribs and possibly internal bleeding. Larger bullets from the likes a of a high powered rifle will punch straight though a vest easily. It's why nobody calls them "bulletproof vests" any more.

>Character has a heart attack
>Swallows a handful of pills
>Immediately feels better

Muh ticker...

>character gets knocked out
>it’s treated as a power nap
>wakes up later completely fine

>Character gets hit by bottle on the head
>Doesn't bleed gallons of blood

>on a spaceship
>artificial gravity goes out
>everything floats halfway between floor and ceiling

This.
Examples of this?

speaking of the speed of sound thing, this scene seems like such a waste to me
youtube.com/watch?v=YvPerZLPnm4
instead of having the lightning far away so he can
>see lightning
>wait
>bash when thunder comes
they have the lightning really close so it's
>see lightning, hear thunder
>bash the pipe
are there any movies that actually pull this gimmick of syncing with the thunder off? i know enemy at the gates has something similar with shooting in time with the shelling

Attached: 234737.png (1188x612, 539.82K)

here's that scene from enemy at the gates for anyone who hasn't seen it
youtube.com/watch?v=wMvTR012Dmg

>Examples of this?
Fuck you

>ethnic character walks in
>stupid smug white people are cartoonishly racist with zero provocation or purpose
>"oh minority character, you're bajillion dollars are here, along with your Nobel peace prize and your golden skateboard for being the raddest dude on the planet!"
>smug white people are mortified
>brown person strolls off smirking with a dismissive one liner
Kill me.
This, but once you've met actual people who are legitimately too stubborn and retarded to communicate with others it becomes terrifyingly possible that person A and person B can't communicate a simple "I didn't do X, who said I did?" Because these confrontational retards do exist and they literally cannot understand a simple explanation of "you're wrong, this is the reality of the situation" without a massive fight.
Just assume everyone on TV is crippled with insecurity. And it makes senee

Same except it’s aviation related sound
>characters are near jet aircraft without PPE and aren’t getting their brains liquified
>worse, they’re having intelligible conversations around aircraft pulling VTOL takeoff or landing
Bonus:
>take the flight controls, I’m having a heart atttttaaaaack
>newbie gets landing instructions over comms
>phew stuck that landing like a champ
>jk my heart attack is over!

Asshole. Let's have a 10 minute fight scene.

Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy, the whole Spidey vs Harry subplot could've been avoided if Peter had explained how Norman died

Or if the butler simply told Harry what happened.

>Also when the speed of sound is the speed of light (you hear explosions / thunder instantly)
For me it's overhead aircraft. The movie Arrival was particularly bad about that in a short scene that nobody remembers.

does anyone know movies where there's a realistic speed of sound for gunfights / sniper fire?

>two superpowered beings face each other down for a big fight
>they just pointlessly hit each other for 5 minutes

Attached: downhill.jpg (399x464, 51.63K)

This is why Seinfeld is a bad show.

As an ammosexual I am triggered by everything related to firearms in tv/movies. They just don't care that they get shit wrong 99% of the time.

Attached: ShootsYou.webm (1280x720, 2.24M)

Batman v Superman

>absolutely zero recoil
Not even an ammofag, but that's disgusting.

Cut to some AA/NA meeting where random character tells their addiction story

Main character sits sullenly listening but obviously doesn't wish to be there
(they are usually wearing a hoodie)

Group leader then turns to them
"user, we havent heard from you for a while..."

EVERY fucking time

What really pisses me off is that it would be easy enough to hire actual gun autists to run shit on jewlywood sets but they care so little about it that complete retards like that bitch that fucked everything up with the baldwin shooting have jobs.

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-04-08-01h30m47s806.png (624x352, 255.08K)

>pew pew pew

Attached: dc-Cover-18nnjv3i74u77o43k2vj93k1o1-20160420124756.Medi.jpg (800x448, 25.29K)

>casually tanks point-blank shotgun shots with some body armor in your path

youtu.be/pbKO2OUQhEA?t=205
not just when they have a suppressor

Worse is when they slap a suppressor on a revolver and it's not a nagant or one of the few purpose-built suppressed revolvers.

As much as this gets posted and people still respond

that and pic related are almost 100% guaranteed (You)s.

Attached: chiapparhinoclub.webm (1280x720, 2.67M)

I've never been to one. Is the issue that most meetings are okay with letting people not participate, or do you just dislike the cliche?

>Same with car chase scenes down random streets, even if the one being chased has a destination, it’s just pointless if you don’t know how close they are to it.
I always hated car chases but never understood why. I think you solved it.

God, that scene in John Wick was just fucking embarrassing.

>girl believes guy did something he didn't do
>she's leaving in a huff
>instead of just explaining he keeps going
>wait
>hold on
>just wait
>don't go
>let me explain
>wait a minute
>I can explain
>hold on
>she leaves without him explaining anything

Attached: 1505330405415.jpg (184x184, 8.46K)

What's happening there?

nerve gas

The writers ran out of the good sniffing glue and were down to their last bottle of elmer's.

that's a lot of glocks

I used to think this and then I started talking to women and I realized it is an accurate depiction

Attached: 1466811903681.gif (500x384, 373.95K)

>Needless use of "one shot" takes to appeal to "film buffs" who appreciate "good cinematography"
Stop doing this. No one likes it. Use cuts. Stop treating your audience like their babies who only want to be entertained by shining jingling keys.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=vBFkHd4-skg
Great movie

that's awesome, will check it out

I remember American sniper being pretty realistic. One of the only movies I can think of where bullets go THROUGH people realistically. Like you see bullet impact the dirt behind the person, then you hear the gunshot, then they drop.

To be fair, he did go down from it and was out the fight until popping some venom, for a bulletproof batsuit it was done reasonably realistically.

>calls a clip a magazine

examples of this?

>characters go to the pub
>professional beer dispenser behind the bar
>characters orders a fucking beer IN BOTTLE rather than a draft beer
>WTF? Every characters are savage people?

Attached: 103773960_k76lUTap1XUkM4F7CeDbfmF6n3NOk4bTUWdF2_TB5iw[1].jpg (600x600, 78.56K)

Attached: you-got-this-wooden-sign.jpg (1200x1254, 182.1K)

wtf is the difference
beer has the mouthfeel of flat soda and is thus gay

It happens all the fucking time in real life, but I also think it is usually a contrived reason in fiction that rarely has the necessary authenticity to it.

>resolved in one sentence

>WE WERE ON A BREAK
didn't resolve shit.

Draf beer has a fucking better taste!

Attached: laughing memes.png (733x510, 409.61K)

it fucking does man, wine is the same way. the carbonation is fucked up or something because i can enjoy liquors just fine

Attached: 1595599740711.jpg (741x999, 76.59K)

Attached: laughing supervillains.jpg (880x668, 360.65K)

Attached: 1643058010917.gif (297x229, 2.22M)

Based beer realist
Cringe beer faggots

>Goes to war
>No helmet
For fuck's sake WEAR YOUR FUCKING HELMET. Even peasants use what little money they have on helmets. Even today where armor is useless we still wear helmets. Its the first piece of armor made after the shield. It protects your fucking head. I know you want us to see the nice actors faces that you paid so much money on. But goddamn, am I triggered by this.
Also
>No gauntlets while wearing full armor
Say goodbye to your fingers and arms.

Attached: 8536207.jpg (2000x1050, 228.52K)

You don't even make the difference between beer and piss.

I hate when characters hang by their arms or their hands for ridiculously long periods of time. Either their grip would give, or they would be in excruciating pain for the tension on their arms and shoulders. Pic related was a prime example, she hangs suspended and swinging for a very long time when she first meets Kong.

Attached: MV5BZGUxZDA3OTUtYzAxOS00Yzk2LTkzOWYtNTc2MmFkY2ZmNGYwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE2NzA0Ng@@._V1_.jpg (1280x720, 162.42K)