Star wars is Dune + a bit of Foundation

When did you realize SW was just a lazy copy of Herbert's Dune and Asimov's Foundation?

Dune:
>Tatooine=Arrakis
>Tuskens=Fremens
>Crayt dragons=Sandworms
>Moisture farming=Dew collectors
>Sandcrawlers=Spice harvesters
>Force=Voice (kinda)
>Jabba=Leto II

Foundation:
>Coruscant=Trantor
Plus all the way the Empire (Imperium) is structured, especially its politics

Frank Herbert once said after seeing the premier of SW:
>I’m going to try very hard not to sue

This is just the top of my head, what else is borrowed from these two, or other early scifis?

Attached: 1_yyvqyxcokLNKM0z7YPmgSQ.png (1344x1125, 2.79M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/faHQA_0d9Mo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

Who cares? Yes George Lucas took inspiration from a bunch of shit. Why don't you add Flash Gordon to the list if we're going to go with the plagiarism route.

Attached: Sky City vs Cloud City.jpg (750x422, 40.39K)

It’s not dune anymore, it’s DUNC!

Attached: A37A0617-0662-48BB-855E-98736C5B1D12.jpg (1200x536, 160.79K)

Star Wars is literal steaming garbage glorified by boomers who would swallow Disney's licensed Han Solo diarrhea if given the chance
Literary speaking Dune is more or less the same

Attached: 1645178618065.jpg (612x612, 71.85K)

>Star Wars is literal steaming garbage
True
>Dune is more or less the same
I don't think so, it's way better. And Villeneuve did justice to it on the screen

>George Lucas took inspiration from a bunch of shit
True, but the extent Tatooine was based on Arrakis is just too much imo
Fuck that fat fraud

>Literary speaking Dune is more or less the same
You have never read the books.

>Villeneuve did justice to it on the screen
Terrible take

This is the only good Dune film
youtu.be/faHQA_0d9Mo

Wouldn't his name be "Dunk Pacino"?

why?
come on now, Lynch was terrible and no amount of fan edits can make that right

This has to be bait.

No, it’s not a Sandworm it’s a ….. Sarlacc, yeah a Sarlacc totally different. God Lucas is a fucking stealing hack.

>the extent Tatooine was based on Arrakis is just too much imo
Tatooine and Arrakis aren't meaningfully similar at all beyond the "desert planet" motif. And the role they play in the respective stories is wildly different.

Just going to ignore all the other points the op made? Come on, it’s well fucking known he stole most of this shit from Dune. I like Star Wars too but it’s obvious.

I don't think Lucas ever kept his inspirations a secret. SW was always a continuation of his childhood pulp sci-fi shows. And the rest of the team cobbled up inspiration from what they loved.

In what way is this different than the original?

I hate to tell you this but pretty much every idea in Dune and in Star Wars came from something preceding both. Edgar Rice Burroughs + WWII movies + comic books = 99.9% of Dune and Star Wars.

>it’s well fucking known he stole most of this shit from Dune
Yeah because nobody had ever heard of the concept of a miraculous Messiah before Dune.

Yep. Dune and Star Wars both ripped off the Bible. The Star Wars OT is basically just the story of David in spaaaaace with a few Jesus tidbits thrown in.

>inspirations
Can you explain to me how it’s not plagiarism?

Attached: A1FFB852-FD8F-4D4E-93DF-B950D5572899.jpg (310x163, 4.1K)

Attached: A13C6EAA-384D-4992-828E-4E02AF5EB340.jpg (194x259, 7.26K)

>Can you explain to me how it’s not plagiarism?
Plagiarism is direct copying, while perhaps changing trivial things only. Star Wars is not similar enough to Dune to be plagiarism.

George took from Barsoom not boring Dune.

100% correct.

Dune doesn’t look like Barsoom the way Star Wars looks like Dune buddy.

And these pictures?

>I’m going to try very hard not to sue

What's his case going to be? That you can't write anything about a desert planet?

Herbert wasn't the first scifi writer to write about space empires or desert planets or telepathy or telekinesis or powers of prophecy.

I mean for fucks sake Dune is just Lawrence of Arabia in space so I don't see how Herbert is in a position to sue anyone.

Attached: Lawrence of Arabia Poster.jpg (1003x1500, 152.41K)

Spice and Chiss navigators

>yes, I stole everything and can't create art
something that only a hack does

you don't even know that half of it. I've known both these IPs for 30 years and I still fucking keep slapping my head because I've noticed another one
>Geidi prime
>hmm how do you say that? Jedi prime? Gaydy? i like that first one

Oh shut up.
it goes John Carter, Buck Rodgers, Flash Gordon, Luke Skywalker.

Paul has nothing to do with Star Wars.

George Lucas dick suckers.

Attached: 0F0FB29A-75AB-490B-A7B2-13D1BC079449.gif (500x281, 991.91K)

It's called the truth, Dune should of been an ecology paper. Not 10 billion words just to get to "Don't trust your leaders"

spot on
kek

>should of
Stopped reading right there, fucking amerimutts..

I hate sw, but holy shit
Epic midwit moment

See this is why books shouldn't be adapted. Before Apple announced foundation, Yea Forumseddit didn't even know it existed. Dune used to be considered too esoteric till villy made his capeshit version of it. Now you have retarded idiots like OP with his shitty analogies. I bet when wheel of time and discworld are adapted then this OP will make a thread about how Game of Thrones is just "LOTR+WOT+a bit of discworld"

wrong
I have read both Foundation and Dune a long time ago
And I hate how lazy and shallow SW is compared to these

plus Apple's version has nothing to do with how I feel, that's the worst piece of crap I've seen in years

>Apples version
You mean Foundation of a Mad Black Woman?

Adds in even more kino scenes that give context to some of the more rushed story points. Great ending to Thurfir's character as well
Seething Villeneuve midwit, Lynch's version (the lost 4 hour one) was adored by Herbert and he even enjoyed the theatrical cut. This edit is the closest thing we have to Lynch's unfiltered opus.

Edgar Rice Burroughs described the "Sith" and the "Banths," two different kinds of Barsoomian animals. So what?

don't even bring it up, I still feel like throwing up when I think about it

GRRM is more original that Lucas. I mean, they're both sellout fat fucks, but at least George based his books off historical england, war of the roses, that type of stuff. Things that are interesing but you need to actually work to sell it as entertaiment for anyone other that history nerds. Lucas just fucking copied shit from pop fiction that was already popular.

Tell me what you like and I'll tell you from what it was copied from.

All fantasy, all fiction, and ultimately all stories are derivative. There is nothing new under the sun.

The variations are what matter, not the similarities.

Attached: 1616139802827.jpg (800x778, 84.21K)

>Good artists borrow. Great artists steal.

Fan of Led Zeppelin are you?

well star wars is a shit variation my friend

You are just a Frank Herbert dick sucker

>there’s nothing new under the sun so it’s okay to just steal others vision and hard work
I sure hope George sees this and let’s you fuck him bro.

It would be an honor, Herbert isn’t an unoriginal stealing hack fatass

Attached: D110B7C0-5984-4A63-B486-114CB0289FE3.jpg (401x244, 44.19K)

lol

Read The Hero With A Thousand Faces

Motherfucker I know what the hero’s journey is. You think you’re the only guy that took high school literature? It’s stealing, by your reasoning I could copy the Mona Lisa and it’s okay because there are lots of paintings of women.

Dune is boring trash. Both the books und the 2 movies.

Star Wars is better and thus superior to those works.

Which book cover of The Foundation should I get?