This will sell our movie

>this will sell our movie

Attached: 1234040945.jpg (1080x1600, 316.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lbKrWFMME20
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes

>defoe playing a crazy monk
well if I wasn't sold before I am now

I will now watch your movie

I will watch this movie day 1

This will save cinema

Yeah I want to see it even more now
You stupid twat

This shit is coming fresh off No Way Home, and Dafoe was a instrumental part of that movie being popular. Makes sense to telegraph to normies that le heckin green goblinrino is in the movie. People love Dafoe, and rightly so.

Iceman, ayy and Dafoe in one movie sounds pretty awesome

Sold.

>Dafoe
you're damn right this will sell the movie
wasn't going to watch it before this post

dafoe makes only the best kino so yes it should

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARKKKK TRITON, HAAARKK !!!!!

this but unironically

>Yer fond of me Labstur buoy!
I'm glad I live in the West Country and can culturally appropriate that accent.

Is pattinson accent good or bad in your opinion?
it sounded weird to me in the beginning but then again i am a not a native speaker.

This poster knows it's absolute class. No need to show anything but Dafoes glorious fohead.

OMG, yes! I LOVE Willem Dafe, and NICOLAS CaGE. Guys, Keanu Reeves am I right, is fabulous! But seriously. I had the thought, what if Robert Eggers directed the new BATMAN movie. What if he cast WILLEM DAFOE as the JOKER!!!! I personally hope he stays away from capeshit though. I think his talent is more suited for original visions. His slow motion, bone chilling, ultra violent movies are SO different than mindless capeshit movies. He definitely is not a filmmaker for the lowest common denominator. He is meant for only the enlightened viewer who frequents reddit and websites like letterboxd and filmtwitter, because when I saw that WILLEM DAFOE LOOKING SPOOKY POSTER, I finally said this is MY movie. Finally we have a director for us. But it does make me excited to imagine if Robert Eggers directed a Batman movie starring Willem Dafoe as the Joker. He already has the Robert Pattinson connection. Just think about it.

>He should stick to his original visions, capeshit is too below him. He's /our/ director.

Yeah. We need him to hold down the fort. We need our guy, Robert Eggers, to keep directing spooky, bone chilling, ultra violent movies with WILLEM DAFOE On the poster.

tldr
trying too hard faggot

Imagine a cyberpunk Robet Eggers movie starring Ryan Gosling, Nicolas Cage, AND Willem Dafoe. Holy shit I'm getting nerdgasms.

I know, DAFOE is the most reliable actor for KINO. Every movie he makes, he makes hilarious spooky faces and has tons of funny meme lines. He is my favorite actor next to Keanu Reeves and Nicolas Cage.

This guy has been relentless invading r/truefilm with his anti-Eggers posts. It is the crime of the century to have Willem Dafoe in a movie according to him.

Eggers is very autistic about dialect being accurate for the era (not with the Northman obviously because no studio would give him 90mil to make a non English film) so I think the way Pattinson spoke was as he intended, it was based off a very specific area in Maine from that time where people sounded like that, it’s sounded weird as fuck but I thought it fit perfectly.

Pattinson also has a very bizarre French accent in The King which seemed much less intentional but also fits perfectly, it’s so silly it adds a Monty Python quality to an otherwise serious period piece that actually made the movie way more enjoyable.

I think Pattinson is a great actor who knows what he’s doing, even when it seems silly and out of place it’s always for the betterment of the film

Attached: ECBDE671-B906-4174-89BD-D1D8893DA180.png (665x930, 272.42K)

>willem dafoe
>nic cage
kino actors
>keanu
meh, he's been in some classics though
>pattinson
been in some undeniable kinos

I mean when I saw that poster of Willem Dafoe making a spooky memetastic face I just knew somewhere out there my viking brethren across truefilms, letterboxd, and film twitter, my trans, toxic masculine, and white male following all at once, was having a collective moment. Finally!! Willem Dafoe! PLEASE make him THE JOKER in a Robert Eggers directed BATMAN.

>Robert Eggers is just another league from capeshit. He is better than Batman.

I know the scene that a CGI spear comes at them and he grabs it and throws it back is not capeshit it is MYTHIC ARCHETYPAL STORYTELLING just like William Shakespeare's HAMLET.

This is a film for the smart kids in the back of class. This is a film for us.

At least it's not a nigger

I'm already sold

I know! There is that whole Robert Pattinson connection too. Robert Eggers MUST direct a Batman starring Willem Dafoe as the Joker.

>words words
reddit cannot meme

Attached: EfXCE01UYAA8csO.jpg (798x644, 41.03K)

>guy does something stupid once
>gets titled 'the fool'
why are they so mean?

no, but this will

Attached: the-northman-anya-taylor-joy-poster.jpg (1080x1600, 334.5K)

Same here. You had me immediately at WILLEM DAFOE making a spooky meme face again!! All my buddies who saw the Lighthouse shrieked with delight. I went to post it on r/truefilm but it already was upvoted to the top, so I just threw him a complimentary upvote for getting to it first.

She cute

Robert Eggers is a cut above capeshit though. He is better than Batman and Superman and CGI. I personally hope that he sticks to original visions.

Well the Northman is not capeshit actually. It's mythic archetypal storytelling, more like William Shakespeare's Hamlet. So it kind of has to be brutal and full of violence. But thats more in an artistic way not a capeshit way.

my grandma's name is olga :)

I know but there is the Pattinson connection already and Willem Dafoe already said he wants to play the Joker. I think there is no reason that Robert Eggers couldn't direct a new BATMAN film with Willem Dafoe as the Joker. He could bring his slow, bone chilling atmosphere and CGI violence to it.

are you russian?

whoa whoa whoa
lets leave Nicolas Cage out of this

Holy shit YES. I'm there on day one. You had me at Willem freakin Dafoe.

>my manbaby cgi shit is more pure than the other manbaby cgi shit

nah it's all shit

wait, did they photoshop her ayes closer?
lol

How much prosthetic did they have to put on his head to make it that big? No way his skull is naturally that elongated

Attached: 70765A0E-A519-432F-ABFE-1409DD02BF1A.jpg (480x360, 8.84K)

I'm guessing that's a lazy shop just for the poster because I seriously hope the actual prosthetic doesn't look that awful

Defoe is one of the best actors and tends to avoid shitty projects, so yeah it's enough to help sell the movie simply by that virtue.

The real issue is that the director's vision got corrupted by the studios and he doesn't have final cut, so it's probably gonna be trash until the director's cut comes out.

Attached: thinking feels.jpg (500x521, 66.42K)

>sadly this

arezunchinjin

>already making excuses for a shit film
copius maximus as the snownigger killers would say

>director's vision got corrupted by the studios and he doesn't have final cut,
Fuck

The people who have seen it are claiming it’s a masterpiece. But twitterfags and premiere hype should never be taken seriously so take that with a grain of salt.

Even if it’s an extremely watered down Eggers movie it still has the potential to be better than 99% of films released in the past few years. Hopefully we get a directors cut too, though it’s a shame we’ll never see that version in cinemas

Attached: 653543A6-3FF7-425E-9FB5-154A1349B373.jpg (1596x2048, 608.84K)

>Defoe is one of the best actors and tends to avoid shitty projects

>is in multiple capeshit films done in front of green screens.
>plays the same 'weirdo characters making bizarre facial exprssions each time'
>is a caricature of himself like nicolas cage

thinking something just because everyone on reddit says it does not constitute an actual thought. Willem Dafoe has become a 'meme'

>The people who have seen it are claiming it’s a masterpiece
ah yes, the woke twitter army who judges movies entirely on how they live up to the jewish leftist doctrine, are now the objective marker of quality, when it comes to them supporting the capeshit you personally like.

Did you miss what I immediately followed that up with illiterate retard? You’re quoting a specific part of my post I already addressed as an excuse to share your kiked /pol/brain drivel no one gives a shit about. Fuck off retarded monkey

Hope based Defoe outlasts the bloodthirsty heathens and ushers in a multicultural paradise.

ngl wasn’t gonna watch it until I saw Frankenfoe

>filmed on digital
>stunning cinematography

Defoes latest role is a skateboard company ad
youtu.be/lbKrWFMME20 2:38

Yes it fucking will you dirty fucking shitskin. I'll shill this move for free faggot

Attached: 1649229557488.jpg (768x400, 34.71K)

More Defoe kino

Every hair and fiber on this guy is universal and beserk

Attached: 1649148744360.png (853x1000, 521.53K)

>criminally mishandled
Can someone ELI5 what Jack King meant by that?

I don't think Willem Dafoe has ever had a bad role

not a massive release that we can watch at Dolby Digital theatres everywhere. Just pathetic standard at limited theatres.

Attached: 1648585854996.jpg (1242x1453, 115.94K)