Was he God???

Was he God???

Attached: anton-chigurh-no-country-for-old-men_x5h4.jpg (550x311, 32.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I42_ESLXfWI
latimesblogs.latimes.com/the_big_picture/2008/10/the-bitter-trut.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

he thought he was judge holden, but he’s just a man.

No. He's literally just a dude larping as being an agent of fate.

hes just like me

>no country for old men
>almost everyone in the movie is an old man

>Pleb doesn't understand the movie

Yeah, and they are all buck broken by the end

Attached: Anton Nigger - Mortality.jpg (1200x675, 104.35K)

no but I am

He was Satan. aka Lucifer, Prince of Lies.

Filtered.

Is that why he gets in a car crash in the end? To show that he is an unstoppable Biblical force like he pretends? Moron.

imagine thinking it was about anything other than what it was about
that goes for all films

>larping as being an agent of fate
was he not??

>how much for the peanuts?
>69 cents
>and the box of cookies, chips, beef jerky, Dr. Pepper, slushie, cupcakes, moonpies, nachos and hot dogs?

Attached: 1604623037165.png (390x348, 283.59K)

to put it simply: yes, but also no. no irony in that statement. i’m too retarded to properly explain it.

>>and the box of cookies, chips, beef jerky, Dr. Pepper, slushie, cupcakes, moonpies, nachos and hot dogs?
gonna have to think about closing here

>If the diet you followed, brought you to this....
>Of what use was the food?

Attached: Anton Sugar (2).jpg (1280x720, 444.3K)

>i’m too retarded to properly explain it.
ugly too

ok well someone else please try
I want to hear a non meme answer

>I could make it worth your while. I could take you to a KCF

This is really going to bake your noodle:

We all are.

shut up faggot

this is the correct answer. anton thought he was a special, universal force; but we’re all agents of fate on a collision course.

you aren't anton

look again

What do you think the car crash was for?

fun?

A kino finale

these
you faggot pseuds should go back to being bankers or whatever faggot shit you get up to in your dull linear pathetic existences

No. He didn't think he was god, he never mentioned god. He uses the coin flip to disassociate himself from the decision to kill, by placing the decision on "fate", which he thinks he's an agent of.

I mean, way to completely miss the point of the character, Carla Jean calls his insanity out at the end of the movie, how he uses the coin flip as a charade to hide behind.

Does this really need to be spelled out for you? The simple idea that the car is no more an agent of fate than Anton is.

If you struggle with simple plot points like this, go back to something more your speed, like capeshit.

>I mean, way to completely miss the point of the character, Carla Jean calls his insanity out at the end of the movie, how he uses the coin flip as a charade to hide behind.
He doesn't hide behind it, as he says to the cashier "don't put this coin in your pocket, it is your lucky one, otherwise it'll become a normal coin" but he emphasizes "which it is"
He's fully aware of his antics, I don't know if he's crazy or not, but he doesn't hide not is he oblivious to his state. I'd say that order and chaos are the same thing for him.

he was Qanon

He thought he was the protagonist but he was just an NPC like everyone else.

holy shit
and josh brolin was drumpf
this all makes perfect sense now wtf

>he was Qanon
I wonder what qanon thinks about his retarded obvious troll becoming a nationally recognized theory lmao

No. You're huffing copium in prodigious amounts. A key feature of insanity, is the insane cannot self-diagnose themselves. For your assessment to be accurate - which it's not - for him to have that level of self-awareness, he'd have to be not insane. McCormak didn't write him as not insane.

>I'd say that order and chaos are the same thing for him.
Not in any way, shape, or form, is he portrayed that way. I don't think you're capable of understanding his character, and I really don't feel like writing a fucking essay showing how ignorant you are. You're just reading what you think into his character, you don't have the skills mentally to objectively critique it.

typical npc projection

>is the insane cannot self-diagnose themselves
horse
shit

Gas station scene solidifies this.

>I really don't feel like writing a fucking essay showing how ignorant you are
I nominate this faggot for redditor of the year

Attached: 424tav.png (798x644, 145K)

No. He was an ex-special forces operative (likely from the Vietnam War) who went a bit crazy, then was hired by rich cartels to do their dirty work for them. Basically John Rambo if he went crazy in the other direction. Like "cult leader crazy", since he also has a weird god-complex.

Lucky he only meets people who aren't armed, and just so happen to be travelling along the loneliest roads in all of Texas so there's no witnesses. Oh and also he only gets in firefights in shithole areas where there are NO PEOPLE around for miles, apparently. He's also too much of a dumbass to kill Lewellyn, who is instead killed by Mexican cartel members. Also silenced shotguns are loud as shit, this movie gives him like every perfect scenario to kill people, it doesn't even try to be realistic.

End of the movie shows him driving through a 4-way stop sign, when someone ELSE is ALSO driving through a 4-way stop sign! He's not God anymore Redditor! He's really mortal and can be hurt! DO YOU GET IT??

My bad, he was driving through a green light, and some shitbag t-bones him driving through a redlight, who then seemingly dies on the spot I guess: youtube.com/watch?v=I42_ESLXfWI

This is like the non-horror movie equivalent of a dumb "jump scare", but because it's the Coen Brothers they get a pass and it's le greatest film EVAR!

shut up faggots
go back to bagging groceries

Easily the worst movie I've ever seen

Wah! Don't upset the hivemind by having a different opinion on an over-rated mid-tier film! If this was a good film, they wouldn't have had to spend $50,000,000 trying to win Awards for it, kek. latimesblogs.latimes.com/the_big_picture/2008/10/the-bitter-trut.html

Are you fucking retarded. the car crash was put in the movie to silence viewers beliefs that he is an embodiment of a god.
He is just a man

no user I'm handsome
something you'll never be

read the book it’s like $5.95 ($11.95 for canucks)

Yep

Media should stand on it's own without having to read the book. That's why this film isn't good.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest was an excellent book. And it was an excellent film too, because the director did a different take on the source material.

Very sad projection, I have been posting on this site longer than you've been alive, yet still found a way to be married while you larp and project on Yea Forums

Don't put it in your pocket. No. That's your lucky mars bar

what the fuck did you just say to me you little bitch??

It is an excellent film, I know this by the fact that I've actually watched it and really enjoyed it

Attached: CameHeretoLaugh.jpg (600x600, 31.37K)

Wholesome

You’re right, but that was like 40 years ago and the producers and director probably read the book. Nowadays everyone in film is just a bunch of out of control dingos who don’t care about source materials and cannot collaborate on a single idea. Filmmaking has gone to shit there’s too much money involved and not enough power given to directors and/or they are to weak to stand up to stupid decisions made by the financiers

I'm glad you enjoyed it, really I am. But that doesn't make it an excellent film.

The film has no deeper meaning, subtle social commentary, or anything like that. But people act like it does.

>The film has no deeper meaning, subtle social commentary, or anything like that
none of them do

He didnt exist, he was a figment of the Sheriff's imagination.

All giant organizations work the same way a bunch of good people working at the bottom doing their jobs and getting shit done, and a bunch of out of touch people at the top who are smart, but don’t give a shit about anything so long as they complete their given tasks. The military is the same way and I swear hollywood is entirely structured like on it from all the ww2 vets going into the industry after the war.

Was he God?

Attached: only_god_forgives_3.jpg (1280x853, 115.59K)

Was he god?

Attached: AnyConv.com__ER1LqLdW4AATlVR.jpg (1242x684, 48.47K)

>Yea Forums
>I want to hear a non meme answer

Attached: ayMVZYy_460s.jpg (460x412, 34.91K)

Im pretty sure the author of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest was closely involved in the making of the film

What constitutes a deep meaning? What exactly do you mean by this?

I found this movie unrealistic. not a very good depiction of a psychopath desu

That user is 100% corrrect. Anton dictated the fate of the people he killed. You are also an agent of fate when you interact with the world around you. The car is an agent of fate.
Its not complex at all

Nope, Ken Kesey was a hippy who hated the film for no reason (though he did like it was finished).

no, he didnt forgive

And the way it’s been done keeps getting taught whether you learn on the job or at a community collage media program. It’s honestly like everything else that needs a reform, it would cut so many jobs that it would fuck a lot of people over.

Not any more than the rest of us. The LARP would be pretending he was MORE of an "agent of fate" than other people.

You think we’re acting?

Also if you ever come on my set and call a clothespin a cp47 I’ll rip your spine out