ARMOND WHITE'S NORTHMAN REVIEW

>As a cultural event, The Northman proves how historical revisionism evolved from nationalist adolescent fare into the dominant strain of the modern ethos. As a movie, The Northman shows Hollywood’s craven manipulation of its easily susceptible white male audience. The Northman reboots the Europeans’ historical franchise so that it falls back in line with the depraved Leni Riefenstahl propaganda films during the Nazi regime.

>True to The Northman’s corporate genesis, the concept of hero-vs.-villain is gone. Eggers refashions the Neo-Nationalist miasma that adolescents instantly recognize and perhaps prefer. Prince Amleth’s personal conflicts lack the soulfulness that Michael Hirst surprisingly elicited from Travis Fimmel’s Ragnar Lothbrok. Skarsgård, not so enigmatic as Fimmel, is practiced at anomie. He makes white masculinity work as self-loathing. He relates to his peace-wreaking opponents as rivals in a nihilist sweepstakes — a.k.a, the Heath Ledger Joker marathon.

Attached: the man that saved :tv:.jpg (300x279, 22.09K)

>We’re back to the moral underworlds of The Son of the Sheik, The Birth of a Nation, and The Mysterious Dr. Fu Manchu, back to the beginning of when adolescent consumers were first trained into grateful nationalism with only a soupçon of cynicism. Nationalism was smartness. Now Nationalism is all. The Northman can declare “Whiteness is supreme” and have the full support of Regency Enterprises media behind it. (No coincidence that society’s politically progressive “stakeholders” act as proprietary as corporate stockholders.)

>This is political decadence more than anything else. Coming exactly 24 years after Tony Kaye’s still-disturbing American History X, The Northman doesn’t earn being called artistic decadence. Its depiction of social horror isn’t fully imagined; it never gets to the core of spiritual repulsion that Kaye touched. The mythology of good and evil, so important for Kaye, has no resonance for Eggers. One is merely offended by Kaye's obvious political allegories that are too vague and trite to take seriously. Given the moody photography and action set-pieces staged at Chad Stahelski’s level, The Northman hits no deeper than Dick Tracy and his cartoon foes as conceived by a depressive.

Attached: armond-white.jpg (625x420, 59.26K)

So the gay nigger thinks it's problematic? I'm sold.

By Royal Decree the Northman is officially LOCKED.

didn't read

He’s correct except for the part where he calls anglogermcucks Europeans. They are Asian migrants, never European.

>his last name is white
OOOOOOFFF a lil bit problematic

Everything about this flick reeked. Now it's settled, it's gargabe.

>Armond White
>is black
Who writes this shit?

shut up europoor your race is shit anyway

find that review wierd comign from white but i'm drunk and have understood maybe half of it

Is this dude really schizo posting because a movie about white people has white people in it? Did he have the same energy for Black Panther?

holy based
as usual, Yea Forums will go from sucking this guy's dick to saying that they never thought he was based to begin with

Chill out mutt, he's canadian

Seethe more Genghis

the review is not available on the site armond usually posts on. where is the link for this op?

>The Northman shows Hollywood’s craven manipulation of its easily susceptible white male audience
Armond White is the only person who could talk shit about white men and not have this board seethe at him

BASED Armond

Yea Forums is going to act offended, even though none of them have actually watched The Northman.

>its easily susceptible white male audience

Remember that time a thug died of an overdose and niggers were convinced that they should spend the next 8 months burning down their own neighborhoods over it? But yeah, white males being convinced to see a movie that's about white people is probably worse.

Not sorry for being white.

he's reviewing the movie from a moral, cultural, and historical perspective (comparing it to other similar films), not whining about 'lol its white'
even when i disagree with him he's pretty much right

>even though none of them have actually watched The Northman
No shit. How the fuck is anyone here meant to have watched a movie that doesn't come out for another 16 days?

>Did he have the same energy for Black Panther?

>Even elderly academics and young Afro-futurists who prattle about “revolution” have unaccountably joined the circle of Black Panther hype, as if it was somehow a protest. They accord an oddball sanctity to the media practice that persuades the public to cheapen its own best interests. The horror of seeing the makers of Black Panther on the stump, invoking the names of serious historians from Dr. John Henrik Clarke to Ivan van Sertima, twisting their principled, arduous studies into promotional fodder, suggests an intellectual setback. The film’s frivolous sci-fi technology and gladiatorial fisticuffs can only assuage this moral betrayal momentarily — through cheeky ripostes about imperialism. (A Wakanda woman throws an ideological spear: “Don’t scare me like that, colonizer!”) Black Panther turns racial politics into what Malcolm X called “politricks.”

This dude has made a career out of projecting his personal politics into the movies he watches and somehow retards are still falling for his contrarian grift. Regardless of the mental gymnastics he pulls out of his ass to make the film “about” something other than what it is, anyone with even a modicum of brain function could see his analyses are no more legitimate than Reddit-tier YouTube essays about the philosophy of Batman movies.

Fake

He did. He’s actually pretty critical of blaxploitation and race bait movies

I just don't get it brothers... you told me he was /ourguy/ and based...

Attached: hulkhogan_court620.jpg (450x300, 17.91K)

>Eggers
That's when it should have been clear to you that this movie is going to suck shit.

You are a chud. Nobody is your guy, faggot.

Damn, okay. I actually respect that.

>Given the moody photography and action set-pieces staged at Chad Stahelski’s level, The Northman hits no deeper than Dick Tracy and his cartoon foes as conceived by a depressive.
Fuck that's good

Why would anyone not be a nationalist?

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f[1].jpg (976x850, 57.91K)

if it's fake OP did a good job

I see that they finally got into his pockets

wtf i hate northman now?

To not get RATOed like a virgin chud

Because there are nationalists and there are enemies.

Entire world>one country

What do you mean?

just fuck off with your retarded shitposting crap. if all you can bring is buzzwords and bait posts, politely fuck off.

>The Northman reboots the Europeans’ historical franchise so that it falls back in line with the depraved Leni Riefenstahl propaganda films during the Nazi regime.
I will now watch your film.

You know nothing about black academics if you think they like that kind of YES NIG SLAYYYY entertainment. They're just hateful people, they hate being born black and intelligent in America because it is shit from both sides, they get hated on by blacks and whites for different reasons.

>it's a white male power fantasy movie!!!
Fuck me it's about time we got Black Panther for whites

>he's canadian
kek

Go to bed Cletus, back to incest

cope niggers. he's absolutely right about you "people" and your wh*te insecurities

look, another shitpost using buzzwords and bait.
just fuck off retard

I'm not an anglogermcuck, sorry genghis

L

nigger is not a buzzword faggot,
it's your name

Wtf bros I thought Armond was based

>Yea Forums literally can't refuse this
Feels good when chuds' idols turn against them.

didnt read lol. Anything hollyjew makes is manipulative

He's right but this is messy writing. You can tell he has a huge chip on his shoulder and feels he has to use this flowery bullshit language because of it.

Yeah, I saw him posting his crap on Yea Forums few months ago. He posted from a leaf flag, but is likely of balkan/gypsy descent

The movie Is about white people. Why talk about rioting niggers? You discount racists are retarded

>the entire world is only made possible due to one country
What did user mean by this

because nationalism is...umm....le bad!

It's funny that zoomers cannot speak without irony and generic memespeak no matter how hard they try

The King has spoken.

bruh you malding

You don't live in the entire world, you live in one country.
If you think the whole world should be one country, you mean say you want a global empire, which every other time an empire has sprung up, it's a small group of people deciding rules and collecting taxes from a bunch of subjugated people who have nothing to do with them

Why does he write like such a fart-huffer?

I do live in the entire world. Learn what a set is in mathematics. Not to mention I have multiple passports. Seethe more hick.

Everyone wants to make their country better, only right-wing dipshits feel the need to cloak it in "nationalism" and "patriotism" and "america first" branding. Still don't quite understand how handing out trillions of dollars to billionaires is "putting america first", but okay lol

It's fake you gullible fucking retards. Do you worthless morons know how to conduct a simple Google search. I swear, sometimes I feel like the only one who isn't a retarded NPC in this world.

Attached: 2f1.jpg (962x1064, 148K)

Source? He hasn't seen it yet

based european

me>everyone else
that's just how it is

>(((ENTIRE WORLD)))
ok schlomo, back to the gas chamber with your NWO plans

I can be anywhere populated in 18 hours and literally anywhere in less than a week.

Nigger.