I think the reason that this board doesn't really discuss boardwalk empire is because they are uncultured swine with...

I think the reason that this board doesn't really discuss boardwalk empire is because they are uncultured swine with low iqs, this show was like greatest of all time tier

Attached: GYP ROSETTI CHURCH.jpg (1280x720, 77.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3zdxq5o4Z3c
youtube.com/watch?v=nazZ5Nthpp8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not really. I love/hate this show. It went to shit when it started to crawl up it's own ass.

1>2>3>5>>>>>>>Powergap>>

And sopranos wasn't up it's own ass, I guess you actually have to think prohibition was an interesting time, and not just heehee Italians are funny guys, although Italians are moderately stereotypical and comic relief in boardwalk as well

First two seasons are great, takes a shit after that.

Cope

I think the first two seasons were kino. The third season was a decline and had to be saved by it's main antag. The 4th an even futher decline woth only a few decent moments but at this point the writers were just smelling their own shit at this point (They didn't even use the boardwalk prop set for 95% of this season which is a shame because I really like how they recreated the whole boardwalk and it felt like a good part of soul of this show) The 5th was a bit of an incline compared the 4th and had some really good moments and I think it actually wrapped up nucky's arc pretty well and I like the flashback gimmick but it wasn't enough to save the show. Boardwalk Empire is one those shows that I love so much and hate so much. So much ambition and so much of a waste of good talent i.e Van Alden being underused and getting less screen fime and wasting too much screen time on a minor side character like chalky white

I actually do think the sopranos gets far up it's own ass too (4th season)

Didn't this show have a guy hold a nigger at gunpoint and force him to have sex with a white woman?

literally 1 scene and he's immediately killed

Mr. Thompson... what did you put in my beverage? Why is my chest exploding? Why is this even happening right now? Is this how you run your cafe business? Like a drunken whorehouse?

I come all the way down here to New Jersey - a state I care little for - and you expect me to go back to New York - where things ACTUALLY MATTER - looking like THIS?

The coffee business is more trouble with you than it's worth Mr. Thompson. Charlie, take Mr. Thompson out to the back and get him s a shinebox, please.

Attached: explode.png (520x768, 534.5K)

kek

youtu.be/3zdxq5o4Z3c

BAAAAARNEY GOOOGLE

WITH THE GOOGLEY EYES

Attached: GOOGLE.png (500x274, 284.75K)

Based and jimmypilled.

Lanyard rings on revolvers are /k/ino.

OLD KING TOOT TOOT TOOT xD

Attached: boardwalk-empire-gentleman.gif (218x218, 2.7M)

the show specifically set out to be about the "middle-children" of prohibition. the figures who didn't catastrophically fail or achieve insane success.

it accomplishes this very well.

thus, its boring as fuck.

It was, but that scene where Nucky gets raped by Rosetti's men for failing to supply him with enough liquor really caught me off guard. It wasn't the same after that.

Attached: nucky raped.gif (259x310, 910.14K)

It should have been the best show ever but the writing let it down and the ending sucked.

It was a beautiful looking show with some great storylines intertwining actual historical figures through atlantic city. Its really too bad Winter wanted to do vinyl with gyp and the last seaon was cut drastically short. Its not as good as the wire or the sopranos but some parts are just as well written and acted. Pic semi related.

Attached: tut.gif (252x263, 2.91M)

al capone, lucky luciano, arnold rothstein and nucky thompson were just bums I guess

Yea Forums had regular watch threads when this was airing. They kind of stopped at season 5

Attached: harrow.png (744x435, 550.85K)

show wasn't about them, they were just reoccurring characters.

autist

after s2 only harrow's arc was worth it
fuck he was kino bros

absolutely based digits

Attached: hitler_stimming.webm (500x375, 2.12M)

oh yea and van alden and agent knox were just middle of the road characters

nothing extreme about their lives and how they played out

She was one of the women on that show besides muh children and I fucking cheered when they killed wack ass character off with a bombing. Literal Poochie send off.

purnsley and narcisse, just middle of the road outcomes, all the shit that happened to them happens in every other show, the outcome of their lives was just average 1920s male in america

*worst women

i accept your concession

Only minor character I liked was that guy that looked Stinky from Hey Arnold.

richard harrow was just a middle of the road character, every single person ended up having half their face blown off in the war and ended up being an assassin for prohibition gangs, this was just the average outcome for everyman

tut didnt have any cheeeldrin

you're mentally ill

t. gloomy gus

Attached: tut.gif (268x268, 1.73M)

Jimmyfags will never ever be over it

Attached: Fuck your lobster.gif (363x210, 2.94M)

oh i get it, you're upset that someone described the show as being about characters who would've been overlooked by history books.

you're just a retard shitting up my thread like you didn't actually watch the show

it wouldn't be the first time and it won't be the last

>you didn't actually watch the show
its kinda funny how often i see this accusation. especially whenever someone describes the show in a way that rustles (you)r jimmies.

you're a moron, I don't know what else to say

I don't think B E was the best show, but it was good. It got worse the farther it strayed from history and the actual boardwalk.

They left out the giant elephant and all the magnificence of the period to focus on gangsters too much.

So the fist 2 seasons are great. Season 3 is good. Season 4 really was in the shitter. Then, amazingly season 5 introduces young nucky and the actor NAILS IT and it's fucking great and it's good.

BUT irl Knucky was a huge guy, an amazing character. The book goes into it in detail. The book is a way better story than the show, which just uses the book's research as a backdrop. If they'd stayed closer to the book you would have loved the story much more.

love seeing jimmyfags still seething years later

oh, so you can contradict the assertion that broadwalk empire set out to be about "overlooked figures" of prohibition? i'd love to hear your thesis.

The only memorable thing about her was the tut meme and being al-qaid'd. The rest of her storyline was unnecessary nucky drama.

>eason 5 introduces young nucky and the actor NAILS IT
i know right, those prosthetic teeth and how he looks at the camera to remind the audience that he's young enoch thompson?? total powerhouse performance.

she had a certain charm to her as a party girl flapper. one season was enough though.

yes, because anyone who has actually seen the show would know the amount of airtime each character gets, obviously it isn't only about nucky thompson, it's about prohibition in jersey, new york and chicago

the majority of airtime is of the mob bosses and the people they directly deal with and things pertaining to their operation

every single character that is introduced is related to the success or failure of integral characters in mob operations

you're clearly a moron who didn't watch the show, and that's the problem

personally for me it's the voice and moderately scrawny frame as well, but I guess you just didn't see any resemblance

>but I guess you just didn't see any resemblance
or annoyed by how they got a perfect actor, but then still felt the need to have him remind the audience he was nucky every time he was on screen.

and then the pointlessness of that entire storyline

did you notice how you didn't say anything to contradict the idea that boardwalk empire was about the middle-children of prohibition?

yea I made like 10 comments proving you're an idiot

which means you think you've proven that, say, richard harrow had massive historical significance?

>it's too well done that means it's bad because I'm used to eating shit for breakfast

1. he's a side character
2. he has major influence on whether or not nucky thompson stays in power
3. you're a fucking idiot, name the historical significance of tony soprano

not sure how you came up with that, but whatever. you just seem generally upset that anyone would dare criticize any aspect of boardwalk empire.

>he just had to act like nucky, in this tv show where he plays nucky, that really set me off, how he was acting

>he's a side character
as are all of the main characters of boardwalk empire. read: side characters of prohibition.

oh look, another completely random string of words that has nothing to do with anything anyone said.

read, kept nucky alive, and wasn't a main character, but is directly responsible for the main character not being dead eventually

>it's a cuck scene

Attached: 1621374620329.png (500x485, 220.46K)

>kept nucky alive
so he could accomplish his life's ambition of not making any waves and dying in a manner that no one noticed he was gone

>I hated how he was acting like the character he was hired to portray, that pissed me off

history is filled with people left out of the books who played critical side roles to those who had.
How many people had even heard about nucky johnson until boardwalk came around? maybe some people in jersey and roaring 20s history fans but not exactly a big name.

the person who eventually killed nucky noticed he didn't have a father figure

you could just re-read and maybe . or read them at all.

can you even read?

>god damnit he was playing nucky and he acted like nucky, I got so fucking mad

>i can't read
okay then. have fun.

cuck is immediately killed

>I was so mad that he played nucky like he was hired to do, then I pretended I wasn't mad because I'm anonymous

the woman as well. pretty much everyone involved.

No.

indeed

again, you're addressing the core flaw of the show, but acting like its not a flaw.

because nucky johnson didn't really make waves during prohibition, it meant everyone connected to his surrogate character had to make even smaller waves. meanwhile thompson couldn't be a big influence on luciano, capone, or rothstein, because that would violate historical accuracy.

so every character based on a historical figure has invulnerable plot armor and fixed arcs, none of the characters who interact with them can accomplish much, and the characters 2-3 degrees away from the big names have to do even less of note.

leaving the show exclusively in the realm of character study of people who would either be satisfied accomplishing nothing, or fail to accomplish anything.

>its not tv. its HBO

Attached: 1639674184737.jpg (1920x1080, 181.02K)

Pros:
>Cool show
>good setting authenticity (props, costumes, etc)
>fun plot

Cons:
>full of laughable cliches
>Gyp is like a 12 year old's idea of a mobster
>le epic sniper guy
>le honorable black criminal
>that scene where Gyp's gang are the Wehrmacht and occupy an entire fuckin town in New Jersey (no, that never happened, any examples you're googling up don't even come close)

It's 6.5/10. Glad I watched it, but never rewatching.

Nucky Johnson was a major importer, and the boardwalk was where the national crime syndicate was founded

Capone and Luciano are more flashy but not anymore important during prohibition really

also even if you believe they were more important they had significant airtime anyways, the show is called Boardwalk Empire, not, Windy City Empire, although chicago also had a boardwalk, is that why you're mad you were expecting the chicago boardwalk

i'm clearly expressing an idea that is simply beyond your ability to comprehend. i guess i'll give up now.

that is one of the more universally agreed upon flaws of the show. That after season 3 the actual historical figures because far more interesting than that pygmie shit over in jersey.
Luckily they show realized this to an extent and tied all the plots together to

nucky and not completely abandon the real history being created. I was far more interested in that in season 5, including the cuba storyline. The nucky origin story seemed like a distraction, but I know it was seen as one of the highlights.
youtube.com/watch?v=nazZ5Nthpp8

also politically connected, moreso than the other bosses

it's a 6/10 at best. you have bairn damage

and I'm saying your idea is wrong because you clearly don't know what the fuck you're talking about

yes the show has side characters, if only it was just nucky sitting in a room by himself

these side characters are important to the plot but since they aren't main characters I guess your peanut brain can't comprehend that