SG-1/Atlantis thread

>watch SG-1 til Season 10
>episode happens where they go to Atlantis
>realize I forgot about Atlantis so start watching it
>Episode about a Vaccine against Latex loving Chinese ayyliums who suck life out of humans
>people who take the vaccine have a 50% chance to die from fucked up lungs and organ failure
>the people are willing to inject that shit anyway and the Atlantis crew cant prevent it despite telling them more tests for the experimental vaccine are needed
>steve dies
>episode is from 2005

I'd say Atlantis is okay so far and I'm like 8 episodes in right now.
how far should I watch til I can continue watching SG1 ?

Attached: steve.jpg (691x908, 44.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gateworld.net/news/2009/05/stargate-recommended-viewing-order/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

crazy im at the exact spot watching it right now. i like it. the stargate looks cool too

Stargate is just a poor man's Star Trek

GOOLD?

Attached: 1610909871313.jpg (700x393, 130.2K)

here you go my man
gateworld.net/news/2009/05/stargate-recommended-viewing-order/

How is your precious Star Trek these days?
:)))

Stargate is a based man's Star Trek

my first crush

Attached: 1620259756200.png (500x281, 284K)

giwtwm

Attached: B6840CB9-80F5-4153-B69E-B8F9038EF267.jpg (95x99, 7.51K)

stargate is literally real

Imagine the handjob

then this is what you look like when you coom

that shit gets more complicated everytime I look it up.
so have I ruined my viewing experience by just watching SG1 til early season 10 and then started with Atlantis Season 1?

technically I cant be spoilered I guess unless I continue watching SG1 now.

Attached: cloneoneill.jpg (1509x862, 84.57K)

>implying Star Trek isn't real

Ever heard of the breakaway civilization?

bump

Attached: danieljackson.jpg (866x546, 44.18K)

Is SG1 worth watching after season 8?

I liked it. Many people didn't.

Atlantis season 1 lags 2 episodes behind SG1 season 8.
However there's no real interconnectivity that would matter.

Attached: Eye check.webm (1920x1080, 2.42M)

Why would you wanna miss out on Cam Mitchell kino?

SG-1's Season 8 finale should be watched before Atlantis' Season 1 finale. There's a continuity connection there.

let me tell you about clockwork elves user

Started watching Farscape bros. Love the little dude.

Attached: 1643234886248.jpg (400x400, 17.47K)

Yeah, that's what I meant by lagging. Beyond this, nothing except for season by season basis.

Mitchell is like a younger version of oneill

I preferred Atlantis to the SG-1 that was airing alongside it. Comfy as fuck exploration, and the dynamic between the team really kicked into high gear after the negro with no charisma left.

The idea that Star Trek is intellectual media is "Peak Midwit" as the term goes.
Yeah I like the last couple seasons.
I think Atlantis in general is better than SG-1. The character and threat arcs are better and more rounded; SG-1 was too much adventure of the week and long-term continuity didn't matter for shit, they constantly had to escalate the stakes of the big bad. I liked the Wraith in SGA because they were extremely threatening but had believable weaknesses that allowed for narrative downtime. SGA Season 3 is the best single season of Stargate in my opinion, and while season 4 wasn't as strong had some spectacular episodes as well.

Attached: 1630532894022.jpg (1060x1632, 299.62K)

I liked it all the way through

I don't think Atlantis ever got as good as SG1. It could be doing its own thing away from Earth, but it tried to stick close to SG1 and nothing in it was as cool.

Kinda prefer atlantis over sg-1 overall

Season 4 was pretty fantastic, in how it basically seemed to be Carter showing up, getting shit done, and being so successful that she had to be written out at the end of the season on the grounds of being too awesome.

so Atlantis is the better show?
how could that be without Daniel Jackson in every episode?

Every episode they ask "Where's Daniel Jackson"

I'm wondering about that all the time too.
where the fuck is he?
>its a daniel jackson becomes invisible and everyone freaks out episode

I love Stargate
I even love SG-1 seasons 9 and 10

WHY ISN'T STARGATE ATLANTIS ON NETFLIX

Attached: 1649191224983.jpg (1000x563, 31.28K)

What's going on here?

Attached: carter_bob.png (760x382, 116.87K)

Continuity. They had MP5s in the early seasons before they switched to P90s.

Attached: 2x11%255F077[1].jpg (1024x576, 58.86K)

Then switched back because 5.7 ammo was too expensive

Attached: 1643327354967.jpg (1280x720, 148.98K)

Yes, but think of it more like it's its own thing.

Atlantis really suffered from not having good enough villains for most of its run. The wraith lost their menace too early and the replicators were just a downgrade from SG-1's in terms. The Vanir were promising even if they jobbed in their second episode, but the series ended soon after.

SG-1's villains though? They were great. Goa'uld were solid as the mainstay and they weren't as faceless as the wraith were. If things were getting stale they could switch over to replicators or NiD for vastly different episodes, the latter of which had some of the best episodes in SG-1's entire run.

Attached: latest[1].jpg (410x273, 24.84K)

She gained some weight (in her tits)

Michael and the hybrids were pretty good villains but they were dealt with far too easily.

>Love the little dude.
his title is Dominar!

booba

pregnancy probably. Thank God for babies.

>SG-1 ended *FIFTEEN* (15) years ago

More time between Season 10 and now than there was between the original movie and Season 10.

Attached: Pepetime.png (544x363, 403.83K)

SGA sucked. They weren't willing to commit to the villains being as scary as they should've been and it turned into the Rodney comedy hour.

Michael was okay. But I felt they didn't know what to do with him. One episode we see him breeding a xenomorph army, the next he's leading his hybrids and the one after that he's chucked to his death. I found it kind of disappointing that he was one of the only two wraith we get to know, the other was Todd, who was never anything other than a quasi-ally to Atlantis. Despite being nearly as ostentatious as the Goa'uld, we never got somebody like Baal or Apophis as a face for them as baddies.
They should have kept them nigh unkillable like with the severed hand from the pilot. After a while they seemed to go down easier than even the Jaffa.

Attached: sga-510_todd_wide[1].jpg (800x450, 83.92K)

>So you're telling us that you've been having dreams about a barber for the last few years?

>I didn't mention that?

It's funny rewatching SG-1 when Carter says they can't upload a virus to defeat the Goold like independence Day.

MM

Attached: milkies.jpg (768x1296, 182.09K)

SG-1 villians sucked shit.
Apophis was alright but a rehash of Ra, then after barely squeeking out a victory against that single System Lord for the season 1 finale, instead of dipping their toes in the water and developing the universe they up the stakes to Literally Satan, and then they took him out almost immediately with pluck hero bullshit and a few interesting allies who turn out to barely be worth developing, so had to raise the stakes to an even worse dude than literally satan, then unstoppable space legos, then unstoppable space mormons.
Didn't do anything interesting with the side factions, the Goa'uld System Lords as an organization, or the Tok'Ra, they could've stretched multiple seasons out between the subterfuge and political manipulations of them, but nah just kill them all off from Literally Satan 2 Electric Boogaloo Guess Who's Back? supervillian.
Just always escalating to a great big unstoppable galactic threat for the plucky heroes to bullshit their way out of, SG-1's villain progression sucked shit and removed the interesting aspects about the universe it was building. The only villains you bring up that were recurring and interesting were the human assholes.
From the SGA pilot Wraith were depicted as more fearsome than any villains thus far.

Attached: indeed.jpg (438x400, 106.03K)

Shanks did nothing wrong

Attached: 1622308229203.jpg (624x352, 43.05K)

My issue is that they never really let the Queens have personality. I would have at least had one arc that centered around three Wraith Queens being similar to a hag coven doing mindfuckery on notable human factions to turn them against Atlantis. Or just a cool moment where Weir could have matched wits & politics against a queen & win. Its really odd that the Wraith are matriarchies but we only really get dudes as notable wraith. Also, I would have backburnered the fucking notNazi. They were boring even if Sloth's brother was somewhat interesting. Also, they should have Jonas'd Teyla. She was worthless.

Yepp.

Anyone got that meme about SG-1 vs the prime directive? Goes something like below but better said and with pics.

Prime Directive: No, you can't have our superior technology because it might fuck up your precious culture.

SG-1: Your gods are false. Take these guns!

agree they definitely dropped the ball with how the Goa'uld were handled and the Sokar stuff never made sense. Not sure if they had a drastic last minute re-write go on or what

weird that him, Skaare, and Kusuf's actors are the only ones from the movie
I think

>Shanks did nothing wrong
I had a hard time believing Daniel's personality around Vala and he did, too!

Top 10 episodes you guys recommend? I know Window of Opportunity is one of them.

>Your gods are false. Take these guns!

Attached: p90s of freedom.jpg (1280x720, 155.25K)

I liked Annubis, the Ori, and the Wraith, disliked every other enemy.