What a twist!

What a twist!

Attached: ezgif-5-e02b19099c.jpg (1189x633, 71.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4c-VoJF9-5E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

N

Attached: jphx.gif (327x200, 875.38K)

this is unironically one of my all time favorite movies. this movie mystified me as a kid

Attached: signsfeatured-846x512.jpg (846x512, 40.88K)

>weak to water
>come to a planet where rain is a regular occurrence
what the fuck was wrong with them, bros?

you didn't get it
the water in his house was holy, and they are demons

this is a stupid criticism. maybe these aliens didnt even know what water was or barely had any where they came from. they couldve just not realized how dangerous it was to them

I guess the argument goes like this
>smart enough to travel through space in a reasonable amount of time
>not being able to analyze water and predict that it will be harmful to (you)

>Humans can't breathe without oxygen
>Humans are planning missions to Mars where there is no oxygen
wtf??!!? Who wrote this contrived shit?!?!!?1

Yeah but...user...we're bringing oxygen tanks and shit there. These aliens went in here butt ass naked.

Unironically they were demons.

UGHHH VANAMOS

So they're smart enough for space travel and all the insane science that takes but not to understand what chemicals are harmful to them? Unless they can fly through space like Superman this makes no sense.

we also dont really know what brought them there. They couldve had no other option, maybe their home planet was no longer livable and earth was the next best bet. Maybe they planned on avoiding the water on earth after they invaded. Its an easy "plot hole" to get past is all im saying

Why was the water in his house holy because he used to be a preacher? That's not how holy water works lol. And isn't holy water a catholic concept?

in the movie, news stations make mention that none of their crop signs appeared within x miles of large bodies of water, so they seem to understand. maybe they were just desperate, or perhaps theyre like ants or bees, hivemind kinda thing where individuals are not too important.
i also like the idea that theyre demons

Why didn't they have environmental suits? Why didn't they have weapons? Why didn't they have vehicles?

>That's not how holy water works lol
please elaborate on how holy water works user

No living being, even in theory, can survive without water. You have to be at least part liquid to move.

they are demons

Based, the demon theory is what makes the most sense.

I guess everyone just completely ignores all the religious shit and unironically think they are aliens

The water has to be blessed. I looked it up, besides Catholics it looks like Methodists also have holy water but same deal, it has to be blessed. Lutherans consider water used in Baptisms holy, but that obviously would be a small amount of water.

that is quite literally how it works

The best part of this movie was Scary Movie 3

The hat getting bigger still makes me smile.

I remember this one alien movie or TV series that really freaked me out as a kid. There was this scene where two sisters were being beckoned by a "kid" who was a bit far away to follow him. They do, they follow him to a lake, and there's an UFO hovering there. Kid turns around, it was an alien all along. They take them on board and leave a mark on their arms. I tried googlong for this many times and haven't found anything. I swear I have the scenes really imprinted in my brain, shit fucked me up and I had many nightmares concerning aliens back then. Of anyone knows what I'm talking about please I need info.

His daughter is an angel and was the one who placed the water everywhere.

user... what if you were the one beckoned by the alien and they implanted this false memory of a movie in your brain to trick you?

who knows. the fact that these questions werent addressed probably means the writers didnt think it was important to the story. If i had to guess, it seems like the aliens were desperate

Sounds like an X-Files opening scene but idk if there actually is an episode like that.

but it obviously is important to the story because without answering them the story is retarded.

lol you bitch

youtube.com/watch?v=4c-VoJF9-5E
Shyamalan is a genius

for all we know there couldve been another intelligent species that sent them there to invade. The only thing that matters is that theyre there.

Ship could be set on autopilot by their predecessors millions of years ago through generations their cognitive functions detoriated to basically savages who forgot how to use all equipment and one day the ship just dumped them on earth which clima drastically changed after the course was set. I don't remember them using any alien tech other than literally landing so that seems plausible to my Canon.

>That's not how holy water works lol.
If you think 'holy water' exists in any way, shape or form then you may well be retarded.

If we're talking about christian religious shit within a fictional film including a classification of beings called "demons" then holy water should have to follow those christian norms no?

Clearly seems to be how holy water works in the movie user! And I don't think it being a catholic concept is relevant to anyone or anything. Gravity is a scientific concept is still real though

No. That would be dumb.

Why would demons leave crop circles

They're not catholic so why would they even believe in holy water was my point

Corn syrup

He cast Consecrate.

All jokes aside, when I watched this as a kid this movie scared the shit out of me. I still remember the Alien on the roof scene, and the hand in the corn field.

>Dey wuz daymons.

Fucking niggers. Kek.

>have spaceships
>leave crop circles
>look like aliens
>"ThEy wERe DeAMoNs YoU Guyz!"

>dey h'ear

Attached: ResistanceMonitor.png (747x800, 762.87K)

Space demons from planet Hell

Doom: The Video Game: The Movie: Signs

What if it rains?

Mel Gibson is based. No reasonable man disagrees.

Attached: 3250.jpg (700x470, 48.4K)

No, user, it is you who are retarded

you're supposed to realize it doesn't fucking matter, because the entire twist of the movie is that it's not about aliens. At all. Even the name of the movie is not about the "crop signs" the aliens/demons leave, it's about the signs from God that restore a man's faith.

The movie is not about aliens. It's not about demons, either, and all the dumbies in this thread who believe that missed the entire point of the fucking movie.

Signs is about Faith. Simple as.

they seek shelter

>What a twist!
Aliens in an alien invasion movie are a twist to this subhuman.

retard.

That's a fair and strong interpretation of the text but I think it's also fair of me to say the alien element hurts my immersion and makes me less likely as a viewer to absorb the themes you discuss.

>he doesnt watch TV under the stairs

they give legitimately reasonable explanations as the movie is going on for precisely that reason

it's supposed to be open ended and you're supposed to just give them the benefit of the doubt that the entire pretext for the invasion isn't literally buttfuckingly retarded. Yeah it's kind of weak, but the reason it's left ambiguous is because it doesn't matter and you're not supposed to think about it. You could just as easily call them demons too, if it helps, because it doesn't really matter.

If you aren't enthralled by the religious themes in the movie it probably just isn't directed at you/made for you. Not everyone is going to get it. But it's my favorite movie and it's been my favorite movie(and one of my dad's favorites) for close to 20 years now

I like M. Night a lot personally and his other films have similar themes. Maybe I just need a rewatch, it has been a while.

also, there's pretext in the movie itself to say that it's not even an invasion. The army guy at the recruiter's office basically lays out that the aliens are using scouting/expeditionary tactics and while this obviously applies to the early behavior of the aliens, it could just as easily apply to the entire "invasion"

maybe those aliens are just grunts mapping out defenses/human behaviors/reactions before they REALLY invade. Maybe those are just the expendable grunts, maybe they want genetic material to study and synthesize a bioweapon, the simple answer is that there is no answer, which doesn't mean that the possible answers are dumb/insufficient. You're just supposed to come up with them on your own until you're satisfied that the vehicle for the actual plot isn't outright stupid.

I actually had the pleasure of rewatching it very recently so the ideas are still fresh in my head and I have the benefit of multiple viewings over a very long time. I would definitely recommend you rewatch it just so you can focus on the religious themes