Welcome.... to Pleistocene Park!

>Welcome.... to Pleistocene Park!

Attached: 1920px-Ice_age_fauna_of_northern_Spain_-_Mauricio_Antón.jpg (1920x938, 616.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerguelen_Islands
youtube.com/watch?v=CXvR5v6MyQg&ab_channel=MothLightMedia
heritagedaily.com/2020/05/the-last-mammoth-wrangle-island/129212
youtube.com/watch?v=OW8eSPZTXi8&t=16s&ab_channel=ScreenTime
youtube.com/watch?v=6YsNRnZRgg8
youtu.be/XE2qu51DHZ4?t=4397
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carcinisation
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah humans were actually alive for that one. It’s not really as crazy. It’s like making a park themed after last Tuesday

All the same but more hairy

Mammoths are so fucking cool. It's that primal desire to be want to be chased by monsters that look scary but can still be taken out if you're smart. Mammoth fits that bill.

>you will never hunt megafauna for days with your bros

Welcome... to Silurian Park!

Attached: Silurian-Period.jpg (1000x539, 295.66K)

The chelicerata really got fucked over by evolution, how do you go from oceanic giants to bitch ass spiders and scorpions?

Welcome... to the Proterozoic Water Park!

Attached: 1627204933294.png (1200x800, 1.24M)

Nature got spooky

boring, where are the deadly monsters?

unlike Jurassic park, this one is feasible

What ever happened to those projects to bring mammoths back that I always heard about a decade ago?

They're still working on it. Though it's like where the fuck would they live? All these animals died at the end of the ice age and it couldn't have been just humans doing it. Probably better to just let them stay dead.

They should focus more on bringing back stuff like dodos because that was directly human caused.

I always thought most researchers wished for Siberia as a location for Mammoths?
As for extinct animals, I hope they revive the Great Auk. It would be cool to have the Northern equivalent of a penguin, especially since penguins were named after the Great Auk.

Shave them and put them with the elephants. They are nice fellas. They would catch them up to speed.

They did it but it's classified. I just know about it because my dad worked there. He quit to take care of my mom who has long term covid.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerguelen_Islands
I would put them there

>yo! Where the cro magnon pen be at??

Land was a mistake.

Attached: edf-1.jpg (1200x673, 347.35K)

>tfw you evolve defensive measures to ward off predators, but then your predators go extinct, and you remain with those evolutionary traits for up to 10,000 years after they go extinct
youtube.com/watch?v=CXvR5v6MyQg&ab_channel=MothLightMedia

Be polite and say "s'il vous plaît".
There's already a herd of reindeers that destroys the native flora, no need to add more pest.

>oh fuck, are those canoes?

We should put lion, cheetah, elephant etc on the great plains imho

I don't know if that's a good idea. The last mammoths managed to survive because they were stranded on a small island in Russia. However, they eventually became extinct 4000 years ago, presumably due to inbreeding.
heritagedaily.com/2020/05/the-last-mammoth-wrangle-island/129212

Attached: Last Mammoths.png (1280x953, 392.02K)

It's amazing that the ice age plains basically had the same fauna as the modern savannah with mammoths, rhinos, lions, hyenas etc

i just want to see some weird fucked up mammals

Attached: Untitled.png (1242x1077, 2.59M)

i just want some megatherium kino

Attached: 01201212030.jpg (1232x924, 169.48K)

if you are still here that means those instincts work. or do lemur not have natural predators?

makes no sense

There's just something about mammal ancestors that looks so familiar yet weird that completely fascinates me. Unironically more interesting than dinosaurs. I just wish they would make a modern Walking with Beasts or something.
youtube.com/watch?v=OW8eSPZTXi8&t=16s&ab_channel=ScreenTime

I think it has something to do with oxygen?

Yeah, maybe Siberia and Northern Canada and Alaska, but it's still a way smaller range than what they were used to, but maybe a small population at the start wouldn't matter.

Is this scientifically accurate?

Attached: j3b3nl5axqf71.jpg (2580x3607, 1.29M)

Many species of Lemurs don't have any natural predators anymore. There used to be giant eagles that hunted them but became extinct 500 years ago. They screech and go apeshit whenever they see hawks and other birds of prey; however, there are no birds on Madagascar that pose a threat to large lemurs.
tldr: their biology makes them flip out for a predator that no longer exists.

Looks accurate to me.

Attached: fearmyspike.gif (289x437, 64.73K)

cool. lemurs stillbdabbing on faggy eagles after 10.000 years.

A Parasaurolophus could range 30, maybe 40 feet long if you're being generous, probably 12-15 feet high, if it reared up on its legs. Those animals look to be closer to 100 feet long and 40 feet high.
Also they probably didn't eat humans, but I don't have proof on that so I won't call it inaccurate.

They got DUNKed on

Attached: jaw.png (544x366, 144.73K)

youtube.com/watch?v=6YsNRnZRgg8

they where bigger or gigantic back then because there was more oxygen on earth back then.

quite literally, niggers weren't able to kill their fauna

>Though it's like where the fuck would they live?
actually the enviroment has not changed enough to the point where these animals wouldn't be able to live in it, quite the contrary, there are several plant species in the tundra that would benefit alot from mammoths dispersing their seeds with their fur, the same with avocados and giant sloths in south america

mammoths were alive at at the time of the roman empire, they should be brought back

>No Airports
The french are retarded.

It may not look like it because we are used to it be we are living in a relatively deserted world
The last time fauna was still small was just after the meteor hit
I recommend reading "The ghosts of evolution"

Attached: 1640647210859.png (657x825, 353.46K)

Imagine being a flightless bird around Dinosaurs and Mosasaurs lmao
youtu.be/XE2qu51DHZ4?t=4397

haha what if mammoths had feathers, guys?

kek

kino

unfathomably kino

LOL what a retarded evolution choice.

Eurypterids and modern day Scorpions have nothing to do with each other they just happend to evolve similar shapes

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carcinisation
everything becomes crab in the end

humans (or sepiens) literally ate all the megafauna extinct

Did we kill them all because they look weird?

if you don't have a hardened carapace you aren't a chad.
simple as

how come we never see these in games or movies?

I've read a theory that said that since animals in Africa evolved alongside humans they had time to adapt and understand that we are dangerous while other animals were taken by surprise so to say

so what you are saying is that I'm a manlet because capitalism keeps chopping down trees? and there are giant women in the amazonian jungle?

i want to eat ze bug...

Thanks for the tip. I've heard that the avocado evolved alongside the mega fauna in South America and would perhaps have gon extinct if humans hadn't started growing it

There's only few dozen scientists here, and they want to be left alone.