Why is Amadeus the only good (non parodic) musical biopic? Is it because it's not trying to be a real biopic at all?

Why is Amadeus the only good (non parodic) musical biopic? Is it because it's not trying to be a real biopic at all?

Attached: Elizabeth Berridge - Amadeus.jpg (1170x1319, 171.89K)

she is a great actress

one of the breast

yes

We watched this at school

Attached: unknown.png (129x116, 28.28K)

Which musical biopics have you seen? Maybe I can recommend you some good ones.

tits

Just watched the Director's Cut for the first time, spectacular. During the 80's my best friend was a pianist, actually pretty good and he kept this movie running on a virtual loop. I had seen it dozens if not hundreds of times. It's also interesting watching with friends, that some people identify with Mozart and some with Salieri, it has two protagonists and two villains. It really is an amazing movie. They really don't make anything like it anymore.

Attached: amadeus reunion.jpg (4032x3024, 2.98M)

Same

Whoa mama!
Hummina hummina hummina bazooooooooing!
*eyes pop out*
AROOOOOOOOGA!
*jaw drops tongue rolls out*
WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
*tongue bursts out of the mouth uncontrollably leaking face and everything in reach*
WURBLWUBRLBWURblrwurblwurlbrwubrlwburlwbruwrlblwublr
*tiny cupid shoots an arrow through heart*
Ahhhhhhhhhhh me lady...
*heart in the shape of a heart starts beating so hard you can see it through shirt*
ba-bum ba-bum ba-bum ba-bum ba-bum
*farts*

Why can't i find the Theatrical version anywhere?

Because its not just a biopic, it has a mythology. Most biopics are really just sports underdog films. Amadeus is like God against the Devil. Mozart dies at the end but he achieves apotheosis.

i enjoyed sex & drugs & rock & roll, the ian dury biopic, but that was nearly a decade ago and it might not be as good as i remember.

uhhhhh uhuh ughhhhh uuhuu UUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMM UUUUGHHHHHHHHHHHH UH UH UH UH UH UH UH UH UH UH U UGH UGH OK, ALRIGHT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM UHHG UGH GUHG UGHU UH UH UH UGH UGH HMMMMMMM

>american accents
It's shit, and explicitly appeals to moronic americans like yourself.

>British accents in 18th century Vienna
>German accents speaking English
Would that have been better?

>Austrian actors speaking german with subs
Here you go, I fixed it

her tits were stupendous

Salieri was italian tho

I just watched this and now I keep seeing threads on Yea Forums

Attached: itshappeningagain.gif (400x388, 237.96K)

non-anglos can't act

you need to be a saxxon cross to gain the ability

It's because instead of being a boomer self fulfillment fantasy focusing on how cool and epic being a celebrity is it's a tragedy about how two men who by all accounts should be the best of friends who absolutely love and appreciate their craft are forced to be secret rivals due to their jealousy of each other's respective strengths. It's the same reason all mafia movies suck while the sopranos is one of the best shows ever because instead of focusing on wish fulfillment it focuses on the shittiness.

You should watch Wolfgang once a month minimum.

*farts*

so how much of it is true?

The two scenes where the maid and the wife both go crazy that they don't feel safe (kinda don't remember) felt super odd to me. In my opinion the movie did not do a proper job to show he was in any way too abusive or too scary or too weird due to his obsession and drinking and I say that as someone who despises alcoholics. But perhaps that is my own projection on those scenes and I missed the point somewhere. The last 5 minutes where they work together was cool

its just one of the many conspiracy theory's

mozart said he was poisoned by the masons before died but retracted when he got better

then he got sick again

Mozart did have an extremely annoying laugh

mozart was known to enjoy toilet humor

Ahem.

Attached: EDB63817-4ACD-4435-A45D-4FA159A8BA94.jpg (250x370, 45.39K)

He literaly was a shiteater

The Dirt is a good one too, albe3it vastly different in everry way. The Dirt is the only biopic that doesn't lionize its subject and never takes itself or its subject seriously. An absolute tonic to bullshit like Ray and Walk the Line. But hell yeah, Amadeus is so damned good it is almost pejorative to call it a music biopic.

>The two scenes where the maid and the wife both go crazy that they don't feel safe (kinda don't remember) felt super odd to me.

just go up to a woman and act like a weird freak, they will be terrified of you, it wasn´t odd, also mozart was very eccentric so makes sense that being in a state of alcoholism he will be more erratic

>good
Amadeus suck balls.

But they both worked and lived for an extended period with him and the movie never showed him doing anything bad towards those two. In fact before the wife goes crazy he gives his son a loving kiss goodnight then goes back to work and the wife even smiles at this and then they talk together and suddenly he is the bad guy. I don't mind this depiction of obession and drinking but in my opinion they never actually showed this properly.

Yes, it would be European. The American accent is a descendant of merchant-class Westcountry English that only gained prestige comparitively recently, for economic and geopolitical reasons - privileged Americans tried their best to suppress it and sound like Southern English until after WWII, so giving that accent to 18th century Viennese tears us out of the time period.

he was always the type of dude that you cannot predict his next move or behavior, even when he was in formal places, see how he laughs in a non-predictable manner, yeah mix that behavior and alcohol and you can have an unstable person near you

also his wife was pretty homely, trad-like and just wanted the best for her family, see how her mother was still a domineering force in her life, that mirrors with how mozart´s father was the domineering in mozart´s life, same type of parents but different personalities in their offsprings

>The Dirt is the only biopic that doesn't lionize its subject
Not applicable, as ""the Crue"" are a band whose entire legend is their hellraising, so undignified stories are what the audience wants to see. A film of them having sober discussions with accountants and realtors would have been risky, a collection of gnarly anecdotes directed by Jeff Tremaine panders completely to what people would expect of a Motley Crue biopic.

he was spending money he didn't have and acting erratic

Its scary in real life watching someone spend money they don't have

I just found out my gf is 10k in debt and still wastes money, you plead with them to calm down and they just get angry

when they speak english in the movie they're supposed to be speaking german (that's why the german opera at the beginning is sung in english). The american accent reminds the audience that 'german is - scusate - too "bruta" for singing'

But the wife didn't do any housework, didn't work and tried to whore herself out to get her husband the work position, in return he once screamed at her. Then later in the movie after the early marriage issues are resolved the story continues with him going insane due to his father's death and money issues so starts drinking but his demeaner towards the people close to him, at least as the movie shows it, almost doesn't change at all.Is there an extended version with more development in his weirdness? Or perhaps as a spectator I simply wasn't able to connect since I have seen drunkeness and money issues in real life and what the movie showed was fairtytale land in comparison.

so how is this one, is it bad?

Also I've wanted to watch the 9 hour Wagner miniseries biopic with Richard Burton but haven't had the motivation.

Attached: immortal_beloved.jpg (260x475, 41.87K)

tiddies

this is a fair point, they could have had a little more bad behavior to substantiate their reactions. as is, he's just kinda a moody drunk dude

It's not a biopic, it's a drama that uses historical characters to make its point. The same way Shakespeare's Henriad isn't a series of autobiographies.

Because Forman butchered the film and then died. Thankfully, you can find an excellent, frame-by-frame fan recreation online pretty easily. Source: I watched it like 2 months ago. Still great.

>so how is this one, is it bad?

it´s fine

the wagner miniseries is fucking long but pretty good, it has a bunch of goofy scenes, and i like how wagner is at the end of the series before he dies, like he´s mellow out

>frame-by-frame fan recreation online
Is there a name of the fan group who did it? I'll search for a torrent

Found it. I sadly didn't get it from a torrent, but from a mega.
mega . nz /folder/ 36QkEK4J#-tHnV9jQxJTVBVsbRwdjRg

Enjoy

Attached: samefag.gif (500x206, 583.69K)

Thank you, user

Attached: 1641327402206.png (853x1000, 521.53K)

>autobiographies
You mean biographies.

Should I watch the theatrical or the director's cut?

you're right, I did mean that. Though technically I was correct, they were also not autobiographies.

because Czechs make overall the best fucking movies

All of it.

Attached: large.jpg (800x450, 60.54K)

>Would that have been better?
Certainly not the american accent, which is what was used, idiot.

>The original theatrical version contains a brief moment that is absent from the director's cut. Just after Salieri is seen burning the crucifix, there is a cut back to old Salieri in which he finishes his monologue with "I will ruin your incarnation."

>The 1997 DVD release of this film contains the theatrical cut. All subsequent releases including the Blu-ray format contain the director's cut.

Thanks user. I'll start watching the Wagner series.

of course, anything to help people see this masterpiece

Theatrical. The Director's Cut is bloated and hurts some of the characters with the extra scenes.

For me, Amadeus is like Barry Lyndon. I can watch those movies over and over. It was a kino time period.

>Barry Lyndon
i just watched this for the first time some weeks ago and holy shit, theres so much happening in the first half and then its all falling apart. i can see why some call it the best of all time. every shot like a painting

longer is better

Theatrical version has tighter pacing and is overall better imo. I have a fan made version that uses the recreated theatrical cut in HD but also splices in the boobs for the perfect edition.

Didn't even recognize Tom Hulce until I read the filename. This man likes fried ice cream.