>ONE alien, more than enough to create tension
>Ripley sexy pantsu scene
>Twist at the end was good
>Superb atmosphere throughout

Aliens
>Aliens fucking everyhere, now ridiculously easy to kill
>PEW PEW PEW SPESS MUHRINES
>Shit, stereotyped characters
>Exactly the exact same plot as the first movie but now instead of an atmospheric horror it's a retarded action movie
>Still keeps the redundant character that Ripley goes back for that gets everyone killed- in the original it's Jonesy the cat, here's it's Newt
>THEYRE CYUMMIN FRUM AWW SIIIDES MYAAAN, GYAAAYM OVER MAAAAN
>Ends with Ripley trying to punch a dinosaur in a forklift

Attached: 1431447781949.jpg (465x700, 76.62K)

>>Aliens fucking everyhere, now ridiculously easy to kill
She didnt have an assault rifle in Alien.
They're not "now" easy to kill, they always were if you had an assault rifle. Also "easy" is relative.

Agree, the Predator sequel was done much better

Alien > Aliens
Terminator > Terminator 2

oh yeah big time

Attached: screenhub-movie-predator2-3.jpg (1920x1080, 482.09K)

Correct. Aliens is shit and only manchildren like it and then cry about how Alien 3 ruined the franchise.

FPBP
I swear to god, people don't understand why they had so much trouble with the Xenomorph in the first movie. I wonder if they've even seen the movie or if they're just regurgitating the opinions of some faggot zoomer youtuber.

>in the original it's Jonesy the cat, here's it's Newt
Newt was hot and smart, the cat was just dumb, that was a big improvement.

>Jonesy was hot and smart, the girl was just dumb
ftfy

Ripley's so cute bros!!!!

Attached: 43t43.jpg (1243x839, 134.11K)

WW1
>Genuinely nuanced war
>Well drawn-out, realistic motivations and alliances
>NO weapons of mass destruction, more than enough to create tension already
>Kino no man's land
>Ending "resolution" perfectly underscored what a clusterfuck the war was and how no one was right
>Horrifying atmosphere throughout

WW2
>Machine guns fucking everyhere, now ridiculously easy to kill
>PEW PEW PEW US MUHRINES
>Shit, exaggerated characters (a fucking bear on the front lines, really?)
>Exactly the exact same plot as the first movie but now instead of a complicated nuanced conflict it's a retarded action movie where the us marines have to save the poor jews from the evil nazis
>Still keeps the redundant Germans as the enemy- in the original it's imperial german army, here's it's the wehrmacht
>IN THE MORNING ILL BE SOBER BUT YOULL STILL BE UGLY
>Ends with Hitler shooting himself in a bunker with no witnesses and 2 atomic bombs being dropped on Japan for the explosive finale

Don't trigger the zoomers.

Seethe forever at Aliens being a great movie, schizo

>or if they're just regurgitating the opinions of some faggot zoomer youtuber.
This one is my guess

WW2 didnt happen

>implying my dreams aren't real

1>2>3>4

That's why Aliens 3 was so good. It was a return to basics.

this but unironically

It's not the video games. Very few Aliens are actually killed in aliens, until the colony explodes obviously.

>Very few Aliens are actually killed in aliens
There's a literal whole scene where they get slaughtered in a hallway by turrets

The actual movie is the theatrical version. Cutting that extra shit was the right call.

Alien3 was good. Watched it last night, remarkable in that it's not dated unlike Aliens with Paul Reiser.

It just gets hate for bad CGI like that somehow makes the whole movie shit. Also low IQ retards seething at how slow it is.

>the clock isnt set on 5 minutes before midnight...

completley missed the chance for kinomatography

What a pleb take on Aliens. It was the most accurate adaptation of the key concepts and tone of Heinlein's novel Starship Troopers and that remains to this day.

Aliens pretty much created those stereotypes for the film world. Space marines weren't a thing before Aliens. It's an extremely influential movie. Also, the characters are sympathetic so you root for them.
First aliens appear in like an hour into the film. But I agree that the ending is too action oriented. The last battle against the queen was unnecessary.

>>PEW PEW PEW SPESS MUHRINES
This doesn't describe Aliens at all. They get massacred in their first scene, and the entire first hour of the film is slow paced with no action.

first action scene*

If you ever opened up a book in your life you would know that space marines were created by Robert Heinlein in a well regarded novel called Starship Troopers. If you watched any interviews with Cameron you would hear him say that this book was the inspiration for Aliens.

I think user meant "in movies".

That very well could be, however it's disingenuous to suggest that the concept for the film was some brand new idea by Cameron and his team. They had been trying to get a deal for starship troopers and it was deemed unfilmable at the time.

Nah. You would just say anything to shit on Aliens

Aliens theatrical - 5/5
Alien directors - 4.5/5
Alien theatrical - 4/5
Aliens directors -3.5/5

Dawn of the Dead Romero - 5/5
Night of the Living Dead 91 - 4.5/5
Day of the Dead Romero - 4/5
Night of the Living Dead 68 - 3.5/5

>Alien directors
I didn't even know it exists, what did they change?

They restored some scenes, one of which is really great. Ripley comes across the captian who has been cocooned and she melts him with a flamethrower.

Only notable thing is Dallas being shown half trasformed into a xeno egg

Agreed. Chamberlain's a hack.

I was just thinking about watching a classic. thanks user, you're okay

Attached: 1554828021675.jpg (600x560, 67.76K)

>Ripley comes across the captian who has been cocooned and she melts him with a flamethrower.
Glad it was removed

>as been cocooned
and is being turned into an egg or something, unless i am misremembering

For me the difference was a bunch of somewhat small things. Like Ripleys conversation with Dallas in the corridor. I'd been screaming about that for literally decades. It was incredibly validating when he fixed it. I haven't seen any of these movies in a very long time though to go into a lot of detail. Except ironically Night of the Living Dead 1990 which I got the year wrong for.

Aliens is the perfect movie

no

tongue my anus

people who shit on aliens are the same contrarians posting in every thread on Yea Forums saying everything sucks

and then alien 3 redeemed the series, cementing it as a classic trilogy and giving 2 the security it didn't deserve.

Yeah, it essentially explains where the eggs come from without a need for queens. Personally I find it unnecessary and a bit silly.

no, are you wrong as wel as a fag?

no my friend, it is you are the fag, that's why you're the one tongueing my anus (and not being a chad Aliens enjoyer)

alien 3 is just straight hot garbage because of how good it could have actually been. they had such wonderful cinematography, great actors, all the best talent...yet what they ended up with was the most expensive "in the name of the rose in space" of all time with shot after shot of creepy dirty british people and some glimpses of laughable alien fx. I mean seriously...how do you go from the absolute perfection in f/x that is aliens to little dogs wearing masks running around on set in alien 3?

Nice numbers, still wrong though.
My friend, having the wish of another male tongueing your anus is undeliably gay.
Have a sneed, cope and dilate and don't get nightmares from being wrong.

Attached: 1557308952461.gif (540x357, 639.38K)

Don't you dare call me a tranny, user. Don't you fucking dare. Take it back. We can disagree about aliens but I spend my life fighting troons, that's too fucking far.

finally a good alien thread with good opinions
alien >>>> alien sequels > aliens

>Alien is boring
>Aliens is based
>Alien 3 is a piece of shit
>Alien resurrections is garbage but unironically better than 3 and has some enjoyable schlock. It's a beautiful butterfly

Attached: 6c820920313a6e90f87ef90408af18-1200x1442-1.png (1200x1442, 411.24K)

I apologize user, the fight against troonism is one that affects us all.
We should also agree on the first movie being top kino and unsurpassed.

wrong

>little dogs wearing masks running around on set in alien 3?
sovl in the excess

They should put me in charge of writing an alien series, and I'd save this franchise and make them billions

No sequel is perfect, because it doesn't exist without a previous movie

Kino post my boy

doesn't mean it can't improve on the original though.
>which isn't the case in this example but still...

Attached: 5.jpg (300x225, 25.03K)

Did boomers ACTUALLY find sigourney weaver "sexy"???

>powerful but still feminine and fragile
>bush
you zoomers dont know whats what

she was sexy for about 8 months and her casting profile is full of those pictures. it's the kind of thing where you once thought a chick was super hot and still like her even after she starts to turn into a man

While I agree with you in spirit, there really was no other way to handle a sequel successfully. You have to adapt and change the game, the same film twice always falls flat. Alien is the better film by a country mile but for what it is Aliens is superb.

>fridge body
>"feminine"
We get it; you want to fuck your ugly mom despite simultaneously hating her.

Lol, ok samefag

Why are we not posting cute pictures of Siggy?

Attached: Siggy (6).jpg (542x720, 42.31K)