Based right-wing kino

Based right-wing kino

Attached: AD3787C0-427C-448D-827F-200132420DE1.jpg (1000x1501, 139.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

unleashthefanboy.com/news/the-dark-knight-returns-fascist-power-fantasy/45802
youtu.be/iKHUF7e0hK0
youtu.be/UHxw-L2WyyY?t=180
youtube.com/watch?v=J0d7X_4YtNE
view-comic.com/the-dark-knight-strikes-again-02-of-03-2001/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Try reading the sequel book he wrote. It's so noticeable exactly when 9/11 happened while he was writing it because suddenly all the Justice League become insane angry murderers.

Yep. I prefer the comic overall but it's a pretty faithful adaptation. And it's more than right-wing, it's borderline pro-fascism. Which Batman totally is when taken seriously and not Adam West go-go dancing.

dont yell at me - i never heard of it, is this an animated movie or something?
im at work and cant look for torrents, can check in 6 hours : (

Batfleck is the best

it's a 2 part animated movie based on a comic yeah

Yes it's an animated movie. It's very good, highly recommend it.

awesome, guys, thanks.
i really need some good animated capeshit to watch.
got anything else to recommend?
DC or Marvel, as long as its fun to watch.

>right wing kino
>ends with Batman beating the shit out of Superman because Superman has just become Ronald Reagan's right hand lackey obeying every order the government gives him

Attached: reagan2.jpg (996x1165, 420.74K)

It's a direct to... dvd? streaming? I don't even know anymore, 2-part movie and it's an adaptation of the most famous Batman storyline ever. If you've seen Dark Knight Rises or Batman V Superman or... honestly any Batman adaptation since the 80s, you've kinda seen bits of it already but it's THE original. It's the original story where Batman's 50 years old and retired after the death of Robin when one day he finally fucking snaps and becomes Batman again except now he's fucking crazy and borderline fascistic. And it gradually all escalates and escalates until finally Ronald Reagan has to call in his lackey, Superman, to take him down.

It's a classic, it's the original, ultra-dark, Batman is on the edge story and it influenced nearly everything that came after it. Written by Frank Miller of later Sin City/300 fame, who's a fucking nut himself. Personally I prefer the comic, the animation in the adaptation's good but it just doesn't beat the true Frank Miller style personally.

Attached: dkr.jpg (600x483, 95.16K)

unleashthefanboy.com/news/the-dark-knight-returns-fascist-power-fantasy/45802

Batman: Under the Red Hood
Superman vs The Elite
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Batman Year One
Batman: The Long Halloween (2 parts)

I liked Under the Red Hood. On the Marvel end you can check out Planet Hulk, it's basically what they did in Ragnarok but better.

kino soundtrack
youtu.be/iKHUF7e0hK0

Eh. I liked Batfleck's performance but I had the problem where it was taking bits and pieces from Dark Knight Returns but using them in a story with a completely opposite purpose. And the story of BvS just wasn't as good as the original Miller story.

Seconding Mask of the Phantasm. Actual BatKINO.
youtu.be/UHxw-L2WyyY?t=180

Attached: batmask.png (640x364, 314.96K)

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Batman: Subzero
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker

I feel this person went into TDKR looking for the points they wanted to criticise, rather than analysing it and criticising later.
BvS is a fucking mess because it shoves in about half a dozen different well-known stories and tries to do variations of them all at once
>The Dark Knight Returns
>but also The Death of Superman
>and also drawing a lot from the Batman/Superman series
>despite the fact it's the first time this Batman and Superman meet
>plus they then have to set up Justice League
>Wonder Woman's in this too btw

I always thought it was strange how Snyder used 2 stories that function as the end of the main characters to kickstart a cinematic universe.

fantastic, thank you, guys!
im get them as soon as i get home from work.

Attached: thanks.jpg (405x348, 52.59K)

Yeah, it was an utterly asinine choice. Really fucking dumb to "kill off" Superman in your second movie. Not only does it not have any impact, because he only had one film to himself, but no one cares about it because you instantly know he's gonna come back

Hey if you haven't seen it, Batman: the animated series plus all of its spin-offs, eventually turning into the full Justice League, are iconic. It's generally called the DCAU and it did that whole, full, interconnected comic book universe thing way, way before Marvel did it. Except the animated stuff is actually kino and really fucking good. It's also got arguably the best ever adaptation of Batman in it so you really should check it out if you haven't.

Attached: batman.jpg (1400x1400, 211.11K)

will do, thanks again!

>the government overplays it's hand with it's foreign policy
>they're too incompetent to handle the resulting fallout
>individual citizens (under Batmans leadership) step up and save the day
>the government sees this as a threat to it's powerbase and spergs out
>sends in Superman to crush anyone doing their job better than they themselves can
>Batman beats back the governments attack and goes underground
>ends with him setting up a small self sufficient cave with it's own electricity and water supply to train his militia
How the fuck is that pro-fascism? If anything it's a libertarians wet dream.

Seconding this
BTAS through Superman, then Justice League, and Justice League Unlimited, is fucking great. The pinnacle of capeshit ever

You forgot Batman Beyond. Which is really great in its own right. Plus Mask of the Phantasm, Subzero and Return of the Joker. Holy fuck what a great run.

The superhero is inherently fascist. It's the unstoppable overman setting things right with an iron fist. Library corpocucks love it but will always cope.

AND after youre done continue with BATB for jokey and lighthearted superkino which gives space to lesser known/used heroes

Attached: batbb.jpg (512x243, 57.83K)

Here's a quick guide of the top of my head:
>Start with Batman: The Animated Series
One of the greatest cartoons ever made. Just be warned that a few of the earlier episodes are a bit 'meh' but the show quickly gets better and better as it goes on.
>Mask of the Phantasm
Batman: TAS the movie. Also it's the best Batman movie. Can be watched at any point during the animated series. Can even be watched first.
>Subzero
Direct-to-video movie. Must be watched at the end of the animated series. Finishes off Mr. Freeze's arc (for now)
>Superman season 1
>New Batman Adventures
>Superman season 2
Long story short. They did a Superman show and then they did a new Batman show after season 1 and then had a bunch of cross-overs between the two. You could also watch New Batman Adventures before Superman if you want.
>Batman Beyond
Future Batman. It's awesome and since you've watched all the previous shit you'll have some context when long-running arcs come to a close
>Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
Make sure to get the uncensored version. Acts as a climax to New Batman Adventures too.
>Justice League
>Justice League Unlimtied

There you go. That's the order. You've now not had sex for at least 6 months. There's also a couple of other spin-offs like Static Shock and the Zeta Project but no one cares about them.

Attached: batman_animated.jpg (1400x788, 149.42K)

To clarify, The New Batman Adventures is just more of TAS but with a slightly different, more streamlined artstyle

Good point but it set a few years later and you start to see Batman's characterization change at this point. He's a lot warmer, for lack of a better word, in TAS and Mask of the Phantasm.

I’ll have to reread TDKR but BvS seems about as incomprehensible to me as they come. Batman isn’t Batman. He’s emotional, impulsive, sleeps around, and kills people. It’s a disillusioned interpretation. It’s like Superman shouting death to America. I just have little respect for the stereotypical liberal muh 9/11 criticism of religion.

NO MORE

It's because Snyder doesn't actually read the comics. He's dyslexic so he just looks at the pictures and interprets the story however the fuck he wants. Seriously him being dyslexic makes some of his story choices make way more sense than anything to do with him liking Ayn Rand or whatever. There's a great interview from when BvS came out where he says Batman killed all the time in DKR and he actually doesn't if you actually read the thing. To be fair he references one moment where the art's very confusing so it's understandable but if he'd actually read the book he'd know from the dialogue and story that he obviously fucking didn't.

That's the real problem with Snyder's adaptations, dude can barely read. Don't get me started on his Watchmen movie. I'll be ranting for fucking hours.

Attached: snydercop.jpg (1193x1500, 201.9K)

His movies are vague shit, like that Zanzibart meme about Elden Ring. The weird zombie queen and king in that horrid Romero knockoff. Batman’s comments about “rebuilding”. The vague politics of Justice League. Just self important rambling. I mean, he’d probably be cancelled if he actually made a film but eh, do it pussy. And go off on Watchmen, I love the comic and think about it in relation to modern times quite a bit.

Well I can see a Batman that has lost his way might be one to drink and sleep with strange women
Bruce has always been the dedicated type who is Batman first and pretty much everything else is just a cover for being Batman. He's a man with no vices so a Bruce that has fallen from his mantras is probably drinking and screwing women.
But the number one thing Batman would never do is just kill someone for vengeance.
Snyder really seems to struggle with character motivation. That's why "Stop My Invincible Son" happens and why New York City doesn't get attacked by a giant "space" squid

even my batman hating family enjoyed it
Part 2 single-handedly got me back into watching movies after a gap of 5 years

>It’s a disillusioned interpretation
Correct: it is an interpretation of a completely disillusioned Batman

>complains about vague shit
>in a post that is vague shit
is this cunning metacommentary or just retardation

>And go off on Watchmen
That movie... man. It's like the uncanny valley of storytelling for me. And I get that it's because I read the comic first but fuck. It's one of the most faithful adaptations of a comic book ever and yet it manages to be completely unfaithful in every regard at the same time. I don't even know how that's possible but it's real.

Snyder basically used the comicbook as both script and storyboard with just a few minor alterations to condense it down to a single film. But every single directorial desision, every single change, (almost) every single music cue, every single line change, every cut scene, every little grace note that Snyder adds that isn't 100% taken directly from the comic... is wrong. Just completely and totally wrong. And he even occasionally fucks up when he's not changing anything. It's so annoying because the script's still Watchmen so it has more depth than any other capeshit ever made. And the entire language of cinema that Snyder's using to tell this story is just wrong and he somehow ends up telling a completely different story unintentionally.

It's not Snyder's worst film by any stretch of the imagination but god, it's the one that makes me the most mad at him. I will admit I was kinda happy when BvS came out and was received like it was because it felt like now everyone could see what I had seen go wrong in Watchmen clear as day. Obviously he's had a redemption arc now and people are more gentle on him because of how badly he was treated on Justice League and fair enough. But god, he's an absolutely atrocious storyteller with no idea what movie he's actually making while he's making it.

You’re rationalizing. Batman drinking and sleeping around is on par in some sense with the killing. He’s sacrificing his ideals. We don’t see him doing it for appearances by the way, he rolls off some faceless broad and goes into the bat bunker. And functional alcoholic Batman is the most Ben Affleck shit I’ve ever heard of. This is typical Hollywood shit by the way, giving a character alcoholism or a superficial face blemish or a gay son for some cheap depth. And again, it’s just sinking a character to the depths of a grimdark world because the world is now dark and cynical. And so now, there are no heroes. I can maybe entertain this vision if it’s told properly (it wasn’t) but expecting it to go over with anyone besides cynical people who live in LA NYC etc is a comedy.

>it’s just sinking a character to the depths of a grimdark world because the world is now dark and cynical. And so now, there are no heroes
Yeah but then what happens at the end of the film user
What does the S stand for
What does Bruce learn from his interaction with Superman
think hard user you can do it

>What does Bruce learn from his interaction with Superman
That his mother's name is Martha too?

Oh wow. We have to rebuild. We have to *dramatic pause* trust our neighbor. We have to get ready for Superman’s return. One day. So fucking moving. I’m glad you explained it to me, Mr. Mensa. How could a mere peon like me fathom the depths of Zachary Snyderrrrrr? What an arc!

Try some real BatKino user:
youtube.com/watch?v=J0d7X_4YtNE

Fair enough, I thought it was a wooden lifeless movie when I watched it for the first time. The acting is horrific outside of Rors and Dr M. What did you think of V for Vendetta?

>What did you think of V for Vendetta?
Watched it once on a plane before I read the comic. Don't know what I'd think about it now but watching a movie that was essentially pro-terrorism on a plane, less than a decade after 9/11 was kinda cool. Can't remember much else about it other than Stephen Fry was in it.

the long halloween was made into an animated film? i always hear about it as one of the best batman stories ever written but i had no idea a film was made of it and a good one at that. i’ll have to look into this.

>complains about the movie being cynical and hopeless
>trivializes the way in which the movie's conclusion puts hope for the future centre stage
You cannot be saved

fuck no

>Batman drinking and sleeping around is on par in some sense with the killing
I mean no it's not. If sleeping around is on par there would be no real arc for Catwoman to exploit because that's a vice Batman would never give into. Plus even with the killing it's not like Batman has never killed before or even showed that much of a lack for human life (He kills a lot in the Burton movies).
Different artistic portrayals are fine. After all, we must remember what Batman was before (Adam West). But you have to give it the writing and development it needs. Snyder does a little bit (that scene where Clark talks to that guy in the apartment building is pure kino) but ultimately it falls apart because too much of the character betrays the core of Batman, in particular his desire to kill for vengeance.
There should at least been a scene where Batman fights Superman and just gets his ass kicked and makes Batman realize Superman can't be contained. Then he would be more justified in trying to kill Superman instead of just revenge for Jack

The art style from The Dark Knight Strikes Again is really awful. I don’t know if the story is good, if it is they should just make an animated movie out of it because the comic is a huge eyesore.

Attached: The Dark Knight Strikes Again.jpg (1000x1537, 211.07K)

Very kino movie. The book is better though, Batman's narration is goated.
>The rain is like a baptism on my chest. I'm a man of 30, 20 again
>A wolf howls. I know how he feels.

Clooney 2.0.
You have no argument to support your stupid opinion. Fatfleck doesn't have a single good element

no

Attached: batmanguns2.jpg (480x480, 95.49K)

Joker's VA in this really pissed me off

I don't think Hamill should be the only one doing it, but he would've gotten it right

I refuse to believe that is from an actual comic book

You contradict yourself, you say it’s okay for different interpretations which I can intellectually agree with but then you say the core of Batman is betrayed. I’m saying the other things are also a core of Batman and lead to the more serious thing which is killing and vengeance. And there’s a big difference between Bats wanting Selina puss and banging random broads. But I guess you can say it was implied or spelled out elsewhere.

all-star batman and robin is the real millerkino

Attached: robinretarded.jpg (680x385, 77.97K)

You know what my favorite bit of satire was?

>ARKHAM ASYLUM FOR THE CRIMINALLY INSANE
to
>Arkham Home for the Emotionally Troubled

Why didn't Hack Snyder adapt this instead of whatever shit he was trying?

Cope, snydertard
And keep your pareidolia in check

DESU I didn't really get mask of the phatasm, I watched
>Killing Joke
>Red Hood
>DK Returns
Before it

You can see the whole comic book here:

view-comic.com/the-dark-knight-strikes-again-02-of-03-2001/

Goddam right.

For me it's the guy who admonishes Batman and his brutal ways, then when asked if he lives in Gotham, he replies, "Oh no, I would never live in the city!" Typical out of touch holier than thou liberal elite

I’m beginning to suspect you guys aren’t even right wing.

Attached: 02F29B0E-A8CD-4C81-8C72-578902762971.gif (220x168, 33.31K)

Cope, fatty

Read batman #426-439 that's the batman BVS is Based on.

You can switch between the issues at the top with the green button.

You’re exaggerating a bit, there’s no dialogue or anything in that sequence in TDKR to indicate that he didn’t kill him, he shoots a guy with a machine gun. I always thought it hit him in the shoulder but it’s not wrong to assume he died and Batman killed him.