Fucking christ, I knew this was going to suck.. I still watched it anyways...

Fucking christ, I knew this was going to suck.. I still watched it anyways. Chief doesn't even sound like chief and the cgi fucking sucks ass for battle scenes. Not to mention, Chief wasn't even in the Harvest system when the covenant invaded. FFS, they spent a decade off putting this series, and they fucked it up. The characters look NOTHING like their actual characters.

Attached: Halo_105_2754_RT.jpg (1400x1400, 256.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PFzcYBU4Id4&ab_channel=CrayonEater
youtube.com/watch?v=Nv88ASiLmgk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Never forget what they took from us.

Attached: halowood.jpg (347x145, 6.92K)

Why the fuck is Miranda keyes a.. ahem.. african american individual of "existence?" They destroyed a franchise for wokeness?

Attached: How could they TAKE EVERYTHING.png (1108x606, 197.38K)

i thought that chief guy was a robot. i know nothing about halo lol. if i watch it will i reeeee as much as you guys?

gravemind implied that he's a machine, of course, 343i had to give him shit backstory because..?

Yes, it'll actually suck even worse for you since you won't even pick up on le epic references.

>Chief doesn't even sound like chief
And?
>and the cgi fucking sucks ass for battle scenes.
TV shows are inherently budget constrained. They have to accomplish on 10 million what a movie accomplishes on like 40 million.
>Not to mention, Chief wasn't even in the Harvest system when the covenant invaded.
How on earth is that an actual problem? You sound like a game fan complaining that the book based on the games ignores the games.

"Waagh, that didn't happen in the book." So? Who gives a shit? Superman couldn't fly originally. It was only in adaptations that they rewrote his character so he flew.

If you've never played Halo you may not ree, the CGI is garbage so if you can watch that bruce willis movie where he travels to another planet and actually like it you'll be okay, if you notice it's fucking shit, you will have a fit. If you've been a fan of the series and played the video games You will have a fucking meltdown. Let me tell you, the early 2000's video game cut scenes are godmode compared this this "high budget," bullshit I just watched. The remastered halo 2 is like an early 90's first movie, this show is the 21'st century 10th sequel to any movie out today, except with completely different characters, playing the same characters as the original, but they're all POC.

>gravemind implied that he's a machine
Actual retard

fuck off shill faggot.

>The remastered halo 2 is like an early 90's first movie
With the caveat that Halo 2 has a shit story with shit characters and people only like it because gamers have stunningly low standards.

Fuck off, seething "muh source material"-cuck.

Garbage individual. Halo 2 was fucking amazing, the story actually did something. I wanted more chief sure, but the arbiter did not disappoint.

Attached: 1584756662314.gif (250x250, 1.16M)

The show has like 7.2 on IMDB. The people seething about it are like the people seething about Netflix Witcher or Amazon Wheel of Time or the new Lord of the Rings full of black people. Aka impotent fags.

that's what i don't get about video game movies/shows. why not just play the games? they're basically movies that you control

>And?
You have to be a fucking retard to even try to pretend like Chief's voice isn't an iconic part of his character.
>TV shows are inherently budget constrained. They have to accomplish on 10 million what a movie accomplishes on like 40 million.
They had $200 million dollars. For reference, all 3 LOTR movies put together cost $281 million.
>How on earth is that an actual problem? You sound like a game fan complaining that the book based on the games ignores the games.
Why bother adapting a story if you're going to fuck with the lore?

It's like people who vaguely knew Halo in the early 2000's saw a black individual playing a main character and they rushed to fill the up-votes.

Halo 2 is quite literally random garbage wrapped around faux-deep quotes. It isn't well written. None of the Halo games are. They're a good example of how low the standards of writing in gaming is, and how delusional game fanbases are about the quality of said writing. Although obviously Metal Gear is a much more overt example, with the Metal Gear movie having its script written and game fans whining that it wasn't be like the games but will rather attempt to be an actually good movie.

>halo 2
>it wasn't well written
You are such a fucking amateur. I honestly hope you get help.

Attached: 1628184975126.jpg (355x417, 59.28K)

youtube.com/watch?v=PFzcYBU4Id4&ab_channel=CrayonEater

The showrunners wanted to make a Mass Effect show for Mass Effect fans but couldn't get the rights to it. That's why they're shoving all this gay shit into Halo and making master chief a fucking pussy faggot gay bitch homo.

Attached: shit2.png (586x466, 395.53K)

>You have to be a fucking retard to even try to pretend like Chief's voice isn't an iconic part of his character.
Yea, and the Gene Wilder Willy Wonka doesn't act like Wonka, doesn't talk like Wonka, and doesn't wear the same coloured hat as Wonka. He's still Wonka. Just a... completely different Wonka disowned by the creator.
>They had $200 million dollars. For reference, all 3 LOTR movies put together cost $281 million.
Lord of the Rings wasn't a sci-fi series. Lord of the Rings heavily exploited the fact literal hours of scenes could be people wandering around the woods in New Zealand.
>Why bother adapting a story if you're going to fuck with the lore?
Have... have you seriously never seen a movie adaptation before? How is this a surprise to you? Have you... ever watched a Marvel movie? Spider-Man? Iron-Man? Captain America? None of these characters are ANYTHING like their conic book versions. Infinity War is NOTHING like the comic it's based on. Almost every single "big" movie adaptation is a very loose adaptation. It's been this way since the fucking THIRTIES, with Wizard of Oz, which has NOTHING to do with the books for the most part.

He sounds like he's trying to be Mando.

That doesn't make sense, because everyone knows that Halo is a huge ripoff of Paul W.S. Anderson's Soldier, and the way Chief is dealing with flashbacks and the fact he was taken as a child and trained into a killer is obviously based on that.

"It's out of character," Boo, hoo. This is what adaptations do. They rewrite characters into radically different people. Star Lord in Guardians of the Galaxy acts absolutely nothing like Star Lord from the comics. He acts like Crichton from Farscape instead.

Game fans need to get a grip. It's insipid watching them flail around unable to comprehend the concept of a goddamn adaptation.

He's nothing like Mando.

Kys paramount exec

>He's still Wonka.
Yeah but there was no definitive iconic "Willy Wonka" when that movie was made. Even Gene's version wasn't really iconic. Everyone even remotely familiar with Halo recongnices master Chief's voice.
>Lord of the Rings wasn't a sci-fi series
Stupid point.
>the rest of your post
The difference is, most of those movies are at least as good if not better than the source material. This halo TV series fucking sucks ass so they've got no excuse for deviating.

And out of all the bullshit changes. WHERE IS HIS FUCKING CORNCOB PIPE?

Attached: no.png (740x370, 356.27K)

I'm starting to realize that a lot of pop culture fans are mentally children, and would have lost their shit if they'd been alive in the 60s. Psycho comes out, and Norman Bates is completely different to the book version. Book bates is:
>Fat.
>Balding.
>In his 40s.
>Unattractic.
Movie Bates is:
youtube.com/watch?v=Nv88ASiLmgk
The sheer brain-rot required to be such a daft cunt that you accuse an adapted character of being "out of character". It's up there with brain dead Batman fans whining about Batman killing or Superman not smiling enough.

Did anyone feel like in the show Spartans fall to the ground too fast?
It's a super-minor tying but when we they jump or drop from the elevation it looks super weird.

>Yeah but there was no definitive iconic "Willy Wonka" when that movie was made.
Yes, there was. The one from Quentin Blake's illustrations.
>Even Gene's version wasn't really iconic.
Pure Imagination is one of the best regarded songs from any musical.
>This halo TV series fucking sucks ass
The TV show is great, though. There's a reason the only people you see bashing it are fans of the games.

>This one is machine and nerve
eat my ass

A lot of the show's physics for Spartans a bit dicey, including the fact they're doing the suits practically, so they obviously don't weight as much as they should.

Pretending your favorite games have quality writing won't make it true. There's a reason videogames are not respected in the way film and TV are.

When Halo has zero original ideas and everything about it is stolen from Starship Troopers and Alien and so on, you can't really accuse the showrunners of anything.

Aliens, incidentally, was made by James Cameron. Who didn't want to make an Alien movie. He wanted to make Starship Troopers instead, and changed all the lore in Alien to make it more like Starship Troopers. Now fans ragged about this on bulletin boards back in the 80s, but they got over it.

Adaptations have always and will always be shit. This still doesn't mean I have to put up with this trash.

have always been*

They are going to make master chief a member of the LGBT. I guarantee it. Just take a look at what a writer for 343 said about the show
>As the games focus on Master Chief's exploits, Wakeford argues that the show takes him on a journey "about identity and self-discovery; about systems and morality, and to whom you are loyal."
>identity and self discovery

I knew the faggots in Hollywood didn't give a shit about Halo fans. This is just yet another globohomo show full of wokeism. I cant say im surprised but im still incredibly pissed off. Fuck this gay earth

Attached: 1649122022171.jpg (640x947, 52.02K)

Never played the games, show's pretty meh on its own. It's trying to mimic Mandalorian what is it with armored man protecting a child. Human military is being antagonistic in a stupid contrived way. Cgi is ok I guess.

He's a cyborg

>they destroyed a franchise for wokeness?
They most certainly did. There is literally NO FUCKING REASON to make Jacob Keyes black, other than to push race mixing and the BBC meme to everyone.

If you know nothing about halo guy then you will just finf a generic woke s-f show with very bad writing and more "diversity" than you will find anywhere.
I never played halo but when i saw some fat indian cunt with her cartoony accent 600 years in teh future where someone living in one place has diffrent accent i was out.

If you don't wont the burden of a source material, stay away from existing IPs.
All these shit adaptation only exists because they have an existing fanbase in love with said source material.
Create your own IP or gtfo, shilltard

I know the quote you're talking about but it's not literal you mong. He's saying his thinking is mechanical like a robot, but that he's literally a machine. I really hope English isn't your first language because that's pretty fucking dumb user.

>The sheer brain-rot required to be such a daft cunt that you accuse an adapted character of being "out of character". It's up there with brain dead Batman fans whining about Batman killing or Superman not smiling enough.
What the fuck is wrong with you consumerism cucks?
Its a product to make money, and first thing it has to do is to make the target audience happy, its not a fucking outlet for some ego projects for the producers.
The idea its ok to take a shit on the source since other adaptations did the same is fucking insane.
Looks at LoTR, its changed things it had, but the lore, world and characters are as close as they could get it.
The consumers is always fucking right.

You fuckers will own nothing and be happy, consume product and get excited for next product.

i wouldn't care about what they changed if the adaptation was good
the show is absolute dogshit, just like all the games after bungie ditched. The franchise has been completely mismanaged and infinite might have finally been the final nail in the coffin. (it struggles to go above 9k concurrent players, MCC has around 5k at peak). Maybe Microsoft will finally grow some balls and axe the top people at 343 and start hiring based on skillsets rather than "I'm brown and trans" on a CV.

If you even watched one episode of this show you arw retarded and probably getting much better than you deserve.

Lmao.

I'm about to start the second episode, I wish he'd have kept the helmet on, that's probably my biggest gripe with it but otherwise I'm enjoying it so far, it's pretty much what I'd expect from a modern TV show so I'm not surprised by anything in this adaptation, I'd never pay money for it though.

This.
Fuck shills, hypetards and IP rapists

He vapes now.

Attached: raffi.jpg (800x475, 60.36K)

He took off his helmet, that's an automatic fail.

Attached: dredd.jpg (1280x720, 60.66K)

And they erased Sgt Johnson! They got rid of a black character to genderbend a white character.

A helmet is a symbol. Alone it is meaningless. But on the right head...

Attached: v2.jpg (474x379, 24.85K)

You serious? They got rid of Johnson?

Yeah but no one gave a shit about the Pyscho book and the film was directed by Hitchcock who was already a legend in his own lifetime. That's a beyond stupid argument user. And I don't even like Halo. Well, I played the first game and liked it well enough 20 fucking years ago but that's about it.

Have you removed your helmet?

Attached: mandalorian armorer.jpg (1588x794, 141.37K)

Mandalorian did the helmet thing so much better, he only takes it off in the last episode of the season for a short moment when hes about to die.
It actually builds up to it, and is a good wrap up in case season 2 dosnt come out. Felt self contained and took its time.

Which is ironic since i didnt like it at first, but seeing the same thing done it so much worse made me realize it was the right way to go.

Yes, that has been confirmed. Utter shite.

I don't think you understand what "definitive" or "iconic" mean.

So as someone who only ever played the first game, what's so shit about this? I've only seen the clip from the start of the show so I know that they're not adapting the actual game plot yet and that the effects look kinda shit. But how bad is it actually?

ever seen forward unto dawn? it's slightly above that
by that I mean it's like a film student project with a budget

>ever seen forward unto dawn?
No. I've literally only ever played the first game.

Shit CGI, human covenant, awful writing and race swapped characters.

Ah. So is Netflix making this or something?

Shotime is. It's on Paramount+

They turned 2 main characters that everybody loved from white to black. For no other reason than to shove the black male/white female race mixing agenda in everyone's face. The master chief takes his helmet off IN THE FIRST EPISODE, for a really dumb reason sappy reason. Then, you've got your generic diversity hires; some streetshitting poowoman in a position of authority, 2 black Spartans and 2 female Spartans, and the worst of it all, some totally made up non-canon WHITE WOMAN is working with the Prophets, and she is revered in the covenant. Of course, she's an antagonist so she has to be white. All the morally bad people in this show are whites. All brown or yellow people are heros. And master chief is Hispanic. Im so fucking tired of this shit I am going to snap very soon.

all these cheap streaming shows are the same, it could just as easily be a netflix show

point is it feels cheap and soulless

Ah so it's one of those shows that's been made by a streaming service in order to push the streaming service using a recognizable IP rather than a show that was actually made to make a cool show. Got it. Not a Halo fan but I'm still a bit pissed over Cowboy Bebop so I know how you guys are probably feeling.

Okay, I only played the first game but wasn't there a black commander in it? He was basically a ripoff of Apone from Aliens but still he was an alright character. Why didn't they just use him? Did they make Captain Keyes black? Cos if they did that's adorable.

Oh last question are they at least using the dope music from the games?