What went wrong?

Attached: conan.jpg (980x980, 107.43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K4zYluFnL1M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nobody watches tv

he started taking ssri's

That Haiti episode.

He showed that all news anchors are reading the same script in the form of a joke, but it's real and he was punished

I think he accidentally ended up on the Reddit side of the argument during the (second?) Leno wars. I'm not even saying he was in the wrong, but shitlibs started to really love Conan around that time and the last of his autistic audience stopped watching. Andy did not bring anything to the table during his comeback. TBS felt like a cultural dead zone. I did not care about celebrities very much, but would check out Conan for the absurdist humor that was absent by the late 2000s.

Attached: TCDLANI_EC082-H-2021.jpg (1296x730, 465.52K)

remember his desk driving bits? that shit i found hilarious at times.

i think he stopped doing it ages ago

Apart from having Norm/Olyphant/Goldblum/Sonja(?) on as guests and the Schlansky remotes/bits, his show is kinda meh

Retiring the Masterbating Bear

How can you make an hour long show every day of the week for 40 years? Isn't that like 60 hours of work at week for 40 years?

conan get flandersized

TBS become Israeli propaganda

the i'm with coco cult of personality stuff allowed him to coast and he's been riding that ever since

The Late Night TV format is just dead.
The only reason Fallon and Kimmel and the others exist now is for their clips to go viral on social media.
Conan was kinda doing that too while adhering to the formula but was less reliant on the celebrities for clips unlike others.

This is what I think it is. There's something bothering me about his interviews, both as a host and an interviewee, but I can't tell what it is.

He seems fake as fuck sometimes, and super cynical other times.

His popularity was partially because of drama from getting screwed and meme magic. Once the novelty of the drama eventually faded all that was left was meme magic -- but meme magic isn't sustainable for pretty much anyone.
This is a big part.

All his best stuff was written at NBC, so he couldnt take it with him, nor those writers.

pandering to faggots

Never really watched him as a host but his travel/holiday videos were really funny. I still come back to to them sometimes.

>Conan wants to fulfil his childhood dream of hosting The Tonight Show
>Conan demands NBC push Leno out in 5 years
>5 years later, despite Leno still having the best ratings, NBC forces him to leave and start a new earlier show
>Conan takes over and the ratings take a shit. For the first time, David Letterman is beating The Tonight Show in the ratings
>NBC wants to move a Lenos new show to his old timeslot at 11:30
>Conan refuses to air later than 11:30 and is paid 40 million to vacate the show
>Leno retuns to The Tonight Show and dominates the ratings yet again
>Conan: I-I G-GOT SCREWED! F-FUCK LENO!

Based Leno > Cucknan

Attached: 9d0.png (416x387, 245.53K)

more like 15 minutes of work a day for 240 people.

3rd post worst post

Nothing, he was always just a guy who did stoner-level humor and got really lucky

link?

ran out of networks

The move to California. Something was lost in the transition, I don't know if a chunk of the old staff couldn't come with him or what.

>Too much andy
>no more max

Drumpf insult shit joke country broke him

This is all pretty accurate. He hasn’t been the same since he left 12:35 timeslot

overcompensating for his hair loss

NBC was evil in how they treated him.

But yeah, Haiti.

Attached: QDbrlVa[1].png (337x293, 90.81K)

there's being a dishonest shill, and there's being a truly horrible person
the haiti stunt was the latter

Attached: 410845124851845.jpg (1024x1024, 230.03K)

What worked best for him was pretending like his show was low budget and shitty, moving to late night was a bad idea, and going to NBC didn’t help.

what?

Haiti is... Le GOOD
Dumb gingerknob mick

I never knew someone unironically had this opinion.

What?

What happened with that one?

his core audience moved on to Adult Swim and online content while he tried to become more mainstream

nice cope tranny

Late Night was great. Tonight Show sucked. simple as. he had to go middle of the road instead of appealing to young drugged and drunk people only

He always sucked, that was his gimmick for a while. The second he tried to take his act seriously and his cultural presence seriously is when audiences realized he was always trash. Calling yourself a lovable retard only takes you so far.

Agree Leno was better than Letterman too. I’ll take an Everyman like Jay anyday over the comedy favorites of the snooty elites

>I never knew someone unironically had this opinion.
Not an opinion. It's all verifiable fact.
>nice cope tranny
Nice non-argument, shithead. Fuck you.

Attached: basedleno.png (324x449, 284.58K)

/hisguy/ died

Attached: 1634270729076.jpg (1200x630, 54.38K)

Late Night is just beyond dead and he dedicated his life to emulating Letterman. It was a fantastic decision in 1994 and but not as great in 2022. Tbh his podcast isn't shit but it's not something I'll go out of my way to listen to.

nothing happened, he made a trump joke and retards are seething

why are people arguing against this like it didn't literally happen?

Attached: 1000-lb-Sister-Tammy-Slaton-1658-800x445.jpg (800x445, 51.73K)

Lol did you miss how hard Conan seethed when he called Haiti a shithole? The guy fucking flew over there to a nice ocean resort staffed by black men to show how Trump is wrong and that Haiti is actually a paradise.

i never watched it, but apparently conan got mad drumpf said haiti is a shithole, and did some episodes where he pretended haiti was a paradise, as opposed to a shithole, which, in a lot of ways, it is.

came off like intended virtual signaling, but the image of a bloated, pasty, rich, white man drinking coconut milk on a haiti beach, with the camera pointed away from the likely poverty stricken sights of the shore comes off as disassociated, manipulative, and at worst, unintentionally mocking.

Trump allegedly asked why we're putting out money into "shithole countries" like Haiti and every single news outlet got as pretend offended as they could.

Conan did a show in Haiti to show what a beautiful not-shit-hole it is, which is where him sipping the coconut drink in sunglasses comes from.

Except that all of the people demonstrating the beauty of Haiti only showed the white sandy beaches of its resorts. They ignored the fact that the real Haiti is full of poverty. They ignored how Haitians have had their land taken and exploited by foreigners for tourism as a tropical paradise while Haitians literally eat cakes made of flour and dirt because they have no food. Haiti is a horrible place to live and the people there suffer while Conan and others pretended it's a beautiful paradise to own Trump

You know, you're right. Leno was better, and that is an objective fact.

His writers room was insane. Robert Smigel, Louis CK, Brian McCann, Brian Stack, Mike Sweeney, Kevin Dorff... everything you love about Conan was probably the result of his long-time writers.
youtube.com/watch?v=K4zYluFnL1M

Attached: fedex pope.jpg (400x400, 13.26K)

The Walker lever was the draw

Clown World: personal feelings are more important than actual facts

Attached: chester.jpg (200x279, 10.86K)

Based

Jon Glaser, Dino Stamatopoulos, Bob Odenkirk, Tommy Blacha were some other good heavy hitters

his podcast is just OK, really depends on the guest. it's kind of jarring hearing him read ads for McDonalds and beaches around the world though. I guess it makes sense when he has Michelle Obama and shit for a guest

He's too pleasant and joyful for the neurotic masses who want their negative feelings validated. He made entertainment everyone could enjoy which our tribalistic media wouldn't allow.

got married and had kids

After hearing him give his speech about losing his dream job nothing ever felt the same

As someone of french ancestry, I feel like Haiti got what it deserved.