There is literally no time travel story that makes sense

There is literally no time travel story that makes sense.

Attached: 4maxdu.jpg (540x494, 296.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tUzy-xPf0MI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Lapse_(film)
youtu.be/Np4KjnKbSX0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Life doesn't make sense. YOU don't make sense.

primer

because time doesn't make sense, duh

True, but the real question is there any sense that makes time story?

prove it

I still don't understand Primer
I only saw it once years ago while drunk

Attached: 1437333385397.webm (1280x528, 2.96M)

wr
Every story is a story of time travel.

I hate the time loop stuff, all it does is over complicate shit

Time Machine makes sense. Guy made time machine to save girl from death. He tried to save her so many times but she always dies. And it is later explained that he couldn't save her because her death inspired him to build machine. If she didn't die, he would never make the machine because there was no reason.

Good movie

Where did that boss guy turn up from, driving at night?

I just did but then went back and stopped it

Agreed. I hate time travel tropes. They're they quickest way to get me to lose all interest in a movie

Austin Powers 2

Synchronic (2021). Get some.

Time to rewatch the original, thanks user

Technically, it's a wyvern.

youtube.com/watch?v=tUzy-xPf0MI
This is a well made explanation of primer, although you might prefer to just rewatch the movie

somewhere in time is realistic time travel

Attached: somewhere in time.jpg (750x500, 94.47K)

It's almost like time travel it's impossible and only works in science fiction

I remember watching a movie years ago while stoned about some house across a street that took photos of things that were going to happen the next day or something and two guys and a woman had to reenact them
Anyone know what I'm talking about? It was pretty weird

If the difference between past, present, and future is so small that it can' even be meaningfully perceived by the human mind, and time is simply a matter of perception, does time exist at all?

unironically a very keen observation

T1
Predestination
12 Monkeys
The Time Machine (1960)

It's intentionally left somewhat ambiguous, but the implication is that he came from a timeline where something went so badly wrong that Abe told him about the time machine. The most plausible explanation is that his daughter (Abe's girlfriend) got shot by the dude with the gun at the party. To be honest though, I always find the bit with the party quite confusing.

>have God like powers
>DUDE, HUMANITY IS BORING LMAO!

Timecrimes

Groundhog Day (1993) starring Bill Murray

I googled "film where photos of things that were going to happen the next day" and found this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Lapse_(film)

All stories are time travel stories just at the normal speed and going forward.

yes, but at least back to the future is a lot of fun

time travel makes no sense because of causality

Avengers Endgame.
/thread

reddit take

this, von Neumann entropy fucks time travel, sorrrry redditors

This does
youtu.be/Np4KjnKbSX0
Fucking awesome

Attached: SteinsGate-2.jpg (960x544, 238.46K)

explain for brainlets like me

There are 3 main time travel styles
-Diverging timelines
-Single static timeline
-Single dynamic timeline
None of them fully satisfactory for their own different reasons

Any movie is a time travel movie... Time moves forward too...

Steins Gate

was Reeves a chad before the accident?

whatever one has the grandfather paradox always made the least sense to me. Why would you suddenly disappear if you kill your grandfather? Chaos theory already says the fact that you timetraveled already has warped the shit out of time with all the interactions you make.

He played the nerdy Clark Kent, of course not.

LOST
Overlords of War
The Incal
Predestination
Quantum Break
Tenet

Single static timeline stories are great, dunno what you're talking about.

12 Monkeys

Wtf

Attached: Trembling-With-Fear-003-GiveMeSomeEnglish.gif (450x253, 1.42M)

that would be single dynamic timeline, like Back to the Future, and yeah, one the reasons for being whack

they are shit because they rely on convenience and the characters just being clueless, also it's annoying how movies are always trying to "gotcha" you when a character is trying to stop certain events from happening but they end up being the ones causing it in an extremely predictable manner

You're literally traveling through time right now

Attached: qvLBT05.jpg (720x480, 38.86K)

I'm of above average intelligence and I spend my life thinking everyone around me is fucking retarded so yeah I can understand

Yeah I know they can sometimes be predictable, but when done well they can be very satisfying stories. Timecrimes is one of my favourite examples.

The only problem with Diverging Timelines is people being too brainlet to get it.

LOST season 5 is time travel done well. I feel sorry for all the faggots who NOPE'd out of the show before then when it was airing, and have never revisited it. You missed out on kino.

Attached: LOST season 5.jpg (1280x720, 202.14K)

truly a self made man

Attached: 658E329B-294D-4D4A-8254-333EF06FE255.jpg (259x194, 7.59K)

Terminator 1 doesn't have any glaring timeline problems I can think of if you ignore the sequels

Unironically, it’s Tenet

But you gotta be an /x/ tier schizo to appreciate it

Well, yes, since YOUR Abraham Lincoln already died, and the one you're going back to save is NOT your timeline's Abe, but in fact another's. The altered future you made by saving Abahram Lincoln isn't actually changing anything. You're just transitioning between spacetime and its possibilities.

Now, to creep you out. This implies that there's an *individual* and *unique* consciousness of yourself for every millisecond (smaller even) in existence. You are hypothetically endless. So what is consciousness, truly? Is life more a matter of change, rather than a life? Everything could be pre-ordained, and you would never know it. You have no free will because everything (possible) has already happened.

you would think with all the people who watch DBZ they'd know how that works, I mean people fucking love Future Trunks

I hated that pretentious jerk sesh of a movie.

I never bought this, complex life has to be the most interesting and distinct thing in the solar system. What does mars have that earth doesn't?

There being a void of pure nothing post-death is also a bit strange to believe in, since that's not at ALL what time(spacetime) is.

But this terrifies me, since the idea of reincarnation (without input) is pretty monstrous and inescapable. Although, perhaps higher entities have mastered even that.

Attached: Life, death.png (1108x1009, 154.92K)

Twelve Monkeys looks pretty seemless to me. What was wrong with it?

You end up back in the source and subsequently sent back here there is no escaping samsara.
>source bro?
it told me in a dream

The Time Machine. The only time travel that makes sense is one way sped up travel to the future, with no way back

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA EXISTENTIAL CRISIS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1559246935537.png (1000x1000, 787.89K)

I also like to toy with the idea that we repeat our lives, different each time.

What are some time trap/groundhog day style kinos? Something where people are stuck in time loops or time traveled against their will?

you're a midwit. i have a very high iq and i love other humans so much it's unreal.

It's funny because I actually find that a "void of pure nothing" is more believable than any other theory. And the "void of pure nothing" won't seem like anything because you won't be conscious anymore.
I wish I could believe in something more optimistic. But nothing else seems as logical.

Single fixed timeline, see

But he does go back. The original novel is even told in the frame story of his friend witnessing him return from his voyage.

Jurassic Park, checkmate bitch
If you thought it made sense, you’re too much of a brainlet to follow.

Lol glad I'm not the only one.

I am the exact opposite. I am terrified of there being *something* after death, which in my mind appears to be far more plausible and natural - but as we see in nature everywhere, what is on the other side may not be so nice or convenient. We just don't know.

The issue with diverging timelines is that conservation of mass/energy is never accounted for
>oh i'll go back in time three days ago and stop that old lady from crossing the road and die
>i've created a new timeline doing so
>there are now two distinct timelines in the universe
>with their own molecular/quantum structure, enthropic signature and spacetime
>don't think about it

You're an absolute retard of you think that was a keen anything.

They all make sense within their universe.