Why was it so amazing?

Why was it so amazing?

Attached: 8C0B0EF9-ECCB-427B-BBD1-92078494AE6D.jpg (250x370, 68.39K)

It has Jared Harris in it

just watched episode one. it was okay. does it get better or worse?

The first episode was the peak.

it's just dishonest enough to make it compelling
the truth is far more boring

Slavs suffering is a kino aesthetic.

for me it was the soundtrack

>had to invent a women who never existed just to crowbar in a woman

>It has Jared Harris in it
this

also that sarsgard fellow is awesome

Because it was 5 episodes long

Was just so clean and neat. Truly a spectacle.

Why is he a villain? He was just following orders in regards to new technology that nobody knew about.

Attached: Dyatlov.PNG.png (482x501, 351.45K)

Because he knew what was happening and downplayed all of it. Evacuation procedures should have happened immediately

There were no procedures for core implosion because he was told it was not possible for that to happen

All the symptoms were there. Multiple eye witnesses. Multiple people suffering extreme radiation poisoning . He chose what he chose and it was wrong.

Very well made on every level even if they went too far on the anti-Soviet shit. The writing was great

>even if they went too far on the anti-Soviet shit

Attached: stonetoss is a firefighter.png (680x881, 957.12K)

It was corny as fuck and you can't deny it. The fake female scientist who bravely fights against Soviet irrationality was so stupid

The only lie was that one dude being such a villain. IRL that guy did his best in the situation and had a lot of guilt over what happened.
The truth of the situation, that communism is an ideology of party yes-men slaughtering innocents with their utopic delusions was quite true.

not great, not terrible

Attached: wat_chernobyl control room.jpg (960x538, 62.32K)

do you idolize the soviet union?

>The fake female scientist who bravely fights against Soviet irrationality was so stupid
how was it stupid? there was no way they were going to cast all of the individual scientists and tell all of their stories one by one why not just create a character to represent their actions?

Because it was fairly realistic. Btw, the makers of this show would've been jailed and/or poisoned if they made it back when it happened.
t. former soviet satellite state

Why do they dress like they're bakers?

Apparently the whole german robot plot was a lie as well, which sucks.

The descriptions of the physics behind the accident were wrong (namely the boron tipped rods), and the fake female scientist is extremely disingenuous and calls some motives and themes into question. I know this sounds nit-picking but I am a physicist and the explanation they gave not only didn't make sense but was way less interesting than what actually happened.

Water chemistry in nuclear reactors is very precise, and any stray hairs or bodily debris interacting with cooling water can damage components of the reactor core which is pretty much the only irreplaceable part of a reactor. Reactors have workers who have access to the wayer undergo showers and wear clean clothing in order to mitigate this ris (although not typically in the control room)

>cringy forced strong independent woman characters are suddenly ok

she's the worst part of the show by far, and she's part of a larger issue of the show constantly forcing this black and white morality of showing soviets as villains. Dyatlov in real life was not as dismissive of the accident and tried to help his workers

why is this getting posted recently? Did your shithole country just get it?

I recently learned there is a group of people for whom this is an anti-nuclear power series.

One of them is my friend.

Attached: 1627430743672.png (360x479, 135.18K)

probably because it's one of the more recent tv shows that wasn't complete trash

To add on to this I want to say that the RBMK reactor design is fairly ingenious and allowed the USSR to not only use un-enriched uranium as fuel but to also keep the reactor continuously operational. It is not a safe design but under the situation where the USSR was a poor country in an arms race with the USA it allowed them to create a nuclear arsenal very fast and cheap. It was not cutting corners to save money for money's sake like the show seems to imply.

It showed me not to let slavmonkies or any other thirdworlders have the white man's fire.

>One of them is my friend.
>was my friend
fixed

I've seen people say that but they're missing the point. It's a tale of human incompetence that was actually completely disguised for most of the world back when it happened.
Politicians were in their bunkers eating fresh produce off indoor greenhouses while people were out in the streets marching and inhaling radiation and birds were falling off the sky.

That's like watching Titanic and thinking boats were a bad idea.

I don't think the character's gender has any relevance in this instance.
why did you avoid my question?

>Dyatlov in real life was not as dismissive of the accident and tried to help his workers
if he was or wasn't, one of the biggest points of the show was clearly identifying that he was only a pseudo-villain at worst and not the real problem so why does it make you seethe?

Wait until your friend hears about the health effects of coal, both mining and power production.

Nuclear's black eyes are almost entirely from when the tech was very new with Gen 1 and 2 reactors or absolute mongoloid, failed state retards fucking with things they shouldnt have.

>It is not a safe design

>It was not cutting corners to save money for money's sake like the show seems to imply.

get a load of this retard

Not him but he characters gender does have relevance on the show because even though the soviet union was more accepting of women than the west there was still a massive inequality and the character as presented would not have had the same freedoms or opportunities to take the action that the character took. Presenting alternative history in an otherwise historical docu-drama is muddying the waters of accurate information

>Wait until your friend hears about the health effects of coal, both mining and power production.
He already knows. He's a green energyfag who is against oil and carbon based energy but also hates nuclear.

It lacked a containment structure and instead had a large overhead crane that allowed fuel to be extracted while the reactor was still running. This was not safe from a what-if standpoint but the USSR was more concerned with speed of production than safety and as a nuclear reactor accident of this scale had never happened up until that point and the aftermath. The actual internals of the reactors were thought safe at the time.

some group shills it like BCS

I would understand this if she wasn't fictional, but she is.
It's a harmless creative freedom they took and if she was replaced with a male character with the exact same lines the series would have been virtually identical.

you need to take a break from here

Kino main actor

I don't even go on here often I'm just a russian history and culture hobbyist

>the USSR was more concerned with speed of production than safety

>...but they weren't cutting any corners

>they thought it was safe at the time
>the same people prioritizing speed over safety thought it was safe what don't you understand?!?!

user please

Literally a 10/10 cast is why

I watched the Russian Chenobyl movie, the writing was kind of fucked and nowhere near as kino.

Who are you quoting?
I didn't say they didn't cut corners I said they prioritized speed and cost over safety just as the USA prioritized speed and cost over safety during WW2 and that's how we ended up with an uninhabitable desert full of radioactive dirt and liquid waste

>fake female scientist
You're right to call that out, it's always very cringe.

poor slavoids

>Heh. You've walked right into my trap.
>adjusts glasses
>I never said they didn't cut corners, I said "It was not cutting corners to save money for money's sake".
>That's completely different, fool! Money isn't related to speed of production at all!
>So then who are you quoting?? HA!

must watch

>"""documentary"""
I don't hate it but they shouldn't have named it a documentary. It's by and large fiction

It wasn't ever labeled as a documentary. It's a docudrama.

they literally say in the show that the issue that caused the meltdown and explosion was only unique to the USSR. and that after legasovs suicide they finally fixed that issue for the rest of the reactors. your friend is retarded plain and simple

shouldnt have been made by a retard who thinks a reactor can explode (not irradiate) half of europe

>against oil and carbon based energy but also hates nuclear.
he's a Kaczynski enjoyer then

ditto

Other than the female scientist it was extremely litigious regarding accuracy and it had a great cast

Attached: 1649060840814.gif (480x270, 3.38M)