When did you check out of Star Wars?

When did you check out of Star Wars?
For me it was The Clone Wars (and The Force Unleashed). Looking back, it's when things started to get really bad.

Attached: e1nWfnnCVqxS2LeTO3dwGyAsG2V.jpg (2000x3000, 877.35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ChP8nXVvZfw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>checking out at its peak
filtered moron

2005 was its peak, not 2008.

Attached: 1538417173184.jpg (650x859, 86.68K)

Right about here. Clone Wars is kino. As is the EU. Listening to the Fate of the Jedi series again right now.

Attached: 1450233482-john-boyega-as-finn-in-star-wars-the-force-awakens.jpg (1200x600, 49.58K)

nigger

Attached: D812EB44-A6C5-4556-862F-53AAF63BB598.jpg (449x573, 37.01K)

this
TFU is very good game and clone wars is fun show
op is faggot

kek

>TFU is very good game
It's the poor man's Jedi Knight, but for zoomers.

cope

>no u

With the benefit of hindsight it's clear that Star Wars, Hollywood, and the world at large would be in a much better place if they never did anything more with the series after Return of the Jedi
There's parts of the franchise that came out after ROTJ which are good but overall I would gladly give them all away if I could ensure Star Wars remained a trilogy and nothing more.

Attached: kino.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

Rebels after a few seasons. I just lost interest but did enjoy the bits with Maul. Hated the sequels, enjoyed Mando, didn't like the last Clone Wars season, Bad Batch would've been fine except that annoying little bitch.

Legitimately the moment I heard that Disney bought LucasFilm/LucasArts.

Yup, it was right around when TCW started rolling out. Felt very disjointed from the prequels tonally and had way too many people, including those in charge, acting like it was a super integral part of Star Wars that it became offputting for me.
Also opened the floodgates for "nerd girls" to "finally" have a "female character" they could "relate" to, and now the franchise is full of rabid feminists.

Attached: 1611922343574.jpg (686x498, 220.29K)

yeah clone wars for me too. we originally went me and a couple of good friends to see the Phantom menace at the premiers in London. But then by clone wars our friendship had decayed to nothing and we ended up watching it in some shitt cinema in town instead.

I have a feeling they went to see it without me at some point at the cinema. that's when starwars died for me anway.

Agreed, even though the prequels were divisive it still had soul on its sleeve, where TCW felt like a unnecessary course correction that ended up feeling soulless in response.

when they redid star tours

Attached: 1649198208523.jpg (707x309, 45.25K)

This scene, 2nd film, I walked out of the talkieplex in disgust.
"no disintegrations"

Not on MY watch hollywood

Attached: No-Disintegrations.jpg (490x276, 15.49K)

I hate that artstyle so much. I hate how everything looks like it's been sandpapered.

At least The Force Unleashed was semi good, 3d Clone Wars fucking sucked balls and constantly retconned the old canon while pedofiloni shoveled his OC waifu into it and George Lucas brought Darth Mail back.

*Maul

>this man drove Hollywood to pander to women
If only they’d let him see some disintegrations, it could have all been avoided

The Force Awakens. It quite literally undid everything that was accomplished over the previous six films.

New Republic? Undone.
New Jedi Order? Undone.
Han’s arc? Undone.
Luke’s entire core characterization? Undone.
Leia and Han’s relationship? Undone.
Anakin’s redemption? Undone.
Destruction of the Empire? Functionally undone.
Instantly the movie told us that nothing matters and we shouldn’t care. So I don’t anymore.

Attached: 69A5C5BF-5628-4CB2-98CE-0B8EEC8A0889.jpg (640x708, 139.96K)

Never watched TLJ or RoS, but I completely checked out at Boba Fett.
I never gave a shit about the guy and Kenobi is going to be some shonen-tier soishit with celebrities instead of a character study.

Around TFA because I'd never actually seen this soulless mediocrity, but the decline started with this derivative show

>acting like it was a super integral part of Star Wars that it became offputting for me.
Holy shit this.
>MAKE SURE YOU DON'T MISS TONIGHT'S SUPER IMPORTANT BRAND NEW EPISODE, WHERE NOTHING HAPPENS OR THE GOOD GUYS WIN AGAIN

>we will never see Luke Skywalker training a padawan
it hurts bros

>IT MIGHT EVEN HAVE [character you like from OTHER continuity], BUT HE WON'T LOOK, TALK OR ACT THE SAME

Attached: vos.gif (498x413, 3.09M)

I checked out when a character named "Savage Opress" made his debut. Honestly, that was a level of stupidity that was more than I could tolerate. And I tolerated Jar Jar Binks.

>they did this with Darth Bane and almost did it with Revan, too.
Shit, even Anakin isn't the same.

Don't forget the worst offender.

Attached: virgin chad.png (1830x1117, 684.25K)

Return of the Jedi was so bad I couldn't care about it afterwards

More than 30 years have passed

I gave Disney a chance but for me it was The Force Awakens that turned me off Star Wars.

Anakin is bizarre, like a completely different person from who Christensen was playing and it doesn't work at all.

Absolute crime what Lucas did with General Grevious.

>they didn't bother to try to get the guy that sounds like Christensen to voice Anakin again
>Christensen even offered to reprise his role for the show but got turned down
>they went with the guy from Disaster Movie and Vampires Suck with the most bland, "chad" voice and now that VA has practically taken over the role

Attached: 1616753307320.jpg (800x450, 39.63K)

It's been a relief to see more and more people start to openly criticize TCW recently.
That show really needs to be knocked down a peg and the fans have been insufferable, especially with the Filoni worship.

Right, just compare them.
youtube.com/watch?v=ChP8nXVvZfw
Lanter is "bad" but it just doesn't fit Anakin.

isn't*
whoops

That always pissed me off when they couldn’t get the original voice actors back in an attempt to stay away from the prequels that were getting flack at the time.

>Hayden
Soul
>Lucas
Soul
>Lanter
Soulless

I can already imagine them making Hayden imitate the Lanter voice for the Kenobi show.

Attached: 1633921564968.jpg (719x688, 63.54K)

God, it’s just so jarring. Why did they change it?

>clone wars is fun show
very true, but The Clones Wars is childish slop

Attached: 1616119870335.jpg (535x400, 133.84K)

The thing most people don't seem to get in regards to the voices is that Hayden's voice is completely fine when you put into context that he's an emotionally stunted ex-slave turned space monk that has trouble keeping his feelings in check.
He can have a quip or two and still be as adventurous and heroic as he was described in the OT, and he definitely was, but changing from that sort nuanced delivery to the overly hammy portrayal of Lanter's Anakin to fit this notion that he wasn't "heroic" enough will never make sense to me.

That’s not how storytelling works, retard.

Agreed, Lucas' vision has Anakin portrayed as a tragic character first and Hayden conveys that a lot better, in my opinion.

Not an argument.

I didn't mind clone wars, but had to draw the line at rebels. that shit was pure garbage

Attached: sw_rebels.jpg (1280x720, 138.45K)

blah blah they are both childrens cartoons cope more idiot

Not him, but there's a stark difference between something being for children and something being childish.
Watching Clone Wars 03 is like watching all the lightsaber duels from TPM, while TCW is like watching all the Jar Jar scenes.

Spot on analogy.

Perhaps they should've started off in those thirty years of the shit that matters instead of what was clearly the aftermath or climax of shit going down.
Now they're detailing that period of time more but no one gives a fuck because there's zero emotional weight because of how things were done.

I fuckin hated those thin sabers. Zero weight to them.

Why do the sabers look like toothpicks?

It's been on a decline since about 2005, but I've incidentally liked the odd thing in the past 15 years. Boba Fett was my favorite character, though, and how they handled him The Book of Boba Fett was enough to made me finally give up on Star Wars forever. I'm fucking free of this shit now.

Attack of the Clones was so terrible I stopped watching all Star Wars related media.

Ralph McQuarry homage.

Based. I’m starting my descent into the EU and enjoying it so far. I thought the later seasons of clone wars was kino so I’m curious to see how the sequel trilogy would have looked like had they stuck to EU material.

I agree. Luke throwing down his lightsaber and saying "I'm a Jedi, like my father before me" is the greatest moment in the entire series. The whole confrontation with the Emperor is the conclusion of the story.

I’m fairly certain most tcw haters haven’t even watched more than 2 episodes. The first season is very shitty, everyone agrees.

And if most people agree that the introductory seasons are shit, why should people be expected to keep watching?

There is no singular definitive way to tell a story.

Just because you Stockholm'd yourself into liking the show doesn't mean everyone else has to, zoomer.

Loved Episodes 4-6 growing up watching it on VHS/TV. Saw the Special Edition in theaters. Loved Dark Forces, X-Wing games, KOTOR, etc.

Didn't like Episode 1, but went to see Episode 2 in theaters on my birthday. I thought it was garbage and checked out of anything but the video games.

After the abortion that was the Disney trilogy, which thankfully I didn't see, I decided to check out the EU books. I read Thrawn Trilogy/Duology, Corellian Trilogy, Jedi Academy Trilogy. Read up to the third book of the NJO. I'm done with the franchise.

TFA. I managed to get to the 44 minute mark before I dropped it. The marysue shit was so blatant.

Attached: 1570383890037.jpg (223x226, 10.1K)

attack of the clones. saw it in the theater.

>It's 2008.
>You bought a ticket to see the latest release in theatres of the Star Wars saga.
>It's a CGI film.
>Hell, Samuel L. Jackson voices Mace Windu, so it can't be that bad, right?
>The movie starts.
>Narration? In my Star Wars intro? (It is more likely than you think.)
>The battle that starts the film is... Meh.
>A republic gunship appears.
>Oragne cat loli with horns comes out of it.
>Ok, she's a Obi-Wan's new padawan, right?
>Wait... She's Anakin's Padawan???
>SHE CALLS HIM SKYGUY?!?!?

Attached: 1611427940398.jpg (1920x1080, 741.74K)

I don't even think I waited around for this, I checked out as soon as Anakin opened his mouth.

why is she so lewd