The Sopranos is like a cartoon compared to The Wire. Wacky characters, dream sequences, odd effects...

The Sopranos is like a cartoon compared to The Wire. Wacky characters, dream sequences, odd effects. All centered around a hulk of a manchild, who I'm supposed to take seriously despite him living in New Jersey. It just gets sillier as it ages, while The Wire will always stand as a classic testament to general urban life.

By the way, Mad Men does everything Sopranos does but better. That's not better than The Wire either.

Attached: 1632713174267.jpg (1280x720, 180.24K)

Wire is filled with Shakespearean characters. Sopranos are all just self-centered assholes.

>The Sopranos is like a cartoon compared The Wire

Attached: brothermouzone.jpg (700x534, 116.22K)

Wire literally has only two good seasons out of five with an atrociously bungled ending nobody cares for, while The Sopranos just ramps up stakes constantly, with maybe 3 - 4 wonky episodes for the entire series.

>the nearly immortal gay black robber that jumps out of tall buildings and survives isn't a wacky character

It actually happened though, unlike Mr. "Climb a Tree" Russian from muh based episode which has probably the most boring collection of shots in any episode.

Not even gonna read your post because the image is dumb. The Sopranos live in a different city to the Wires, and make a living from different crimes. In other words, there's nor reason for them to fight. How does it feel to be a retard, OP?

Sopranos was made by an Italian-American
The Wire was made by a Jew (and it shows)
The answer is obvious.

Yes, it make sense why The Wire is better then.

>The wire: drug kingpins make millions a month
>sopranos: mobsters clip coupons because they are poor

>the wire: chased by raggedy ass city cops, Fbi basically say they are not interested
>sopranos: Fbi spends millions to chase elderly moldy sweater mobsters

What am I missing here?

Yeah because in real life poor black crack salesman constantly speak to each other in sophisticated philosophical parables.

The characters in The Sopranos are realistic, anyone who has worked a blue collar job will instantly connect with them. Meanwhile on The Wire you get magical super-negroes and Bond villains, it's a fun show but it isn't realistic at all.

The Mob was allowed to proliferate by the Feds in return for certain favors up until the 1970's. Feds were told to clean that shit up when one wildcard mob boss started flooding the US with drugs and stepped on CIA's toes. You can't have regular city police looking into Mob shit because too many dicey things would come to light.

The Wire is really boring.

Thanks but I'm looking for a non-schizo answer

This is bait. Both shows are fantastic television where there strengths far outweigh their flaws. The top two best programs hbo has ever aired.

The real debate is who wins major crimes unit vs the mob in a post 911 world.

Attached: 49E4FD8B-D079-49FD-91AB-E169E0702A1E.jpg (740x370, 49.03K)

FBI is the wrong color to infiltrate the hood and Baltimore is small potatoes anyway when you have the tri-state area and all the joys of the Russian mob north of Maryland. It seemed like the only reason the FBI gives half a shit was the city is so close to DC lol

>The characters in The Sopranos are realistic
Bullcrap

>dis be da prawn
>he b like da soljahs nawmeen

>anything mildly deviating from braindead "officcial narrative"
> LE SCHIZO
literal cattle

>harris shielded tony in the season 6 war and took a liking to him over time.
>the Greek was protected by his FBI handler since the Greek fed him info on the war on terror.
Both storylines were inspired by Whitey Bulger

the post your reply to is pretty much on the money. Its not even a conspiracy, its completely out in the open. wtf are you talking about?

***fed him info on the war on drugs, giving up the Colombians narco terrorists who ripped him off on the chemical deal

>Bullcrap
They absolutely are realistic, fat, retarded old fuckers who curse like sailors and sit around all day bullshitting instead of working are a very common occurrence in the working world. Get a job you fucking zoomer.

The real answer is because the feds are more interested in systemic corruption, labour unions for example, which the mob was heavily involved in. Also, the mob does international business with other crime syndicates.
The niggers in downtown baltimore just get a package from the greek and sell to crackheads in the monroe towers and that's it.

Most schizo approach would be that the feds dont give a shit about niggers getting high in the projects ok chief? Kiddo?

Whitey wasn't the only mob heavy hitter who had that sort of relationship with the FBI. It was everywhere, institutionalized from Hoover days. But braindead NPC normies unironically believe that retarded "Feds and prosecutors just didn't know how to use RICO laws for a decade" History Channel mob documentary shit.

>and that's it
except for the whole bribing half a major American city thing

They absolutely do not, they grease here and there but they dont really have reach

The sopranos had the HUD scam and the unions, the wire had clay Davis.

The war on terror radically reshaped the FBIs focus and was a blessing to the sopranos as it freed up the writers to do more with the show than an fbi vs the mob series. Apparently season 3 was going to feature a triangle drama between tony, his mom, and the fbi.

Attached: 52D9A9B5-B2AD-4EEF-B2C6-27896A1999BD.jpg (2161x1715, 197.86K)

The dream sequences are the worst part of sopranos

>The Sopranos is like a cartoon compared to The Wire
its literally the opposite

Both shows are pretty bleak but at least the sopranos had enough funny shit going on

>hey lazybones, don't you know how lazy we are? god you're stupid

The Wire is what dumb people think smart writing is

>le edgy chess metaphor
>le say fuck 100 times in one scene

>who I'm supposed to take seriously despite him living in New Jersey
shots fired

Attached: 2000_keks.png (459x612, 494.96K)

>exposition by therapist
>da ducks flew off with muh penis dream in the pilot.

The Sopranos is a post-modern masterpiece that has aged like fine wine.

The Wire shit the bed hard at Season 5, while the last Season of The Sopranos was the best of the entire show.

Attached: 1625556361386.gif (498x286, 3.85M)

>masterpiece
Oh please

>while the last Season of The Sopranos was the best of the entire show
Such a shitty opinion. That's at its worst because it tries so desperately to be "real". Season 1 was the best because it stuck to the "fever dream" environment that made the show watchable in the first place. I also didn't have to suffer the sight of a sack of fat resembling James Gandolfini

There's so much sub-text, symbolism, motifs, etc in the show that it's understandable that the average garden variety of pleb (i.e You) would get filtered extremely hard by it. I think Breaking Bad is more to your level, champ.

No

>The characters in The Sopranos are realistic
LOL, no they're not. Half of the cast isn't even Italian. I grew up around the mob, the Sopranos cast is way too pretty to be realistic.

The Wire pretends joggers are cool therefore it's for cucks

The Sopranos makes fun of joggers, therefore it's based.

Sopranos isn’t really that deep because they throw in some dream sequences and fever dreams.
> I thought black meant death??!!
>white too!
BRAVO CHASE

This is the only true answer.

sorry, i don't watch shows with more than one (1) black character.

t. College age AJ

You just reveal your own ignorance

This. End of thread.

Attached: 1579495719934.gif (480x480, 1.91M)

>show famous for starring disgusting fat old men
>too pretty
...what do real mobsters look like?

I tried to watch The Wire after the Sopranos because it was always recommended/highly listed in the "best tv shows of all time shit" usually neck and neck with sorpanos.

Can't remember what episode it was but:
>bunch of niggers sitting in the projects playing chess
>"ayo, peep dis cuh" *smacks lips* "you see, the pawns all sacrifice themselves for the king ya dig? Chess be just like real life dawg"
>right click top right to close down Windows Media player (cope)
>right click The Wire Season 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Complete Collection DVD Box Set HD > Delete
>Right click recycle bin > Empty Recycle bin
>open up cc cleaner and clean my PC

I fucking hate how shows try to portray low IQ thug niggers as some sort of a wise dude. Pseudo intellectual dogshit that on a surface level looks profound when it's nothing more than babbies introduction to the class system.

Now a fish singing "TAKE ME TO THE RIVER. PUT ME IN THE WATER", now THAT'S more my tempo (unironically).

Attached: 1648580221127.jpg (912x1024, 74.34K)

the fatigue is real. maybe stop over representing them in all media and they would be more tolerable

Damn bro you got filtered hard.

*woosh*

The Wire fucking sucked, I went into it expecting another Sopranos but it's a show for black people and those obsessed with them, both of whom apparently see ghetto life as duels between street samurai dropping confucian wisdom at eachother. It was the most embarrassing thing I ever saw. There were major characters who couldn't act, nonsensical plot progressions. It wasn't Negro Sopranos, it was Negro Oz season 4+.

Based Talking Heads appreciator.

Attached: david-byrne-big-suit.gif (426x240, 2.45M)

Yea Forums is unironically too stupid to understand the wire

Amazing how racists focus on the black people in The Wire and not the white people...

This. I love both shows but this character was WAYYYY too fuckin' cheesy

LITERALLY just Nation of Islam: the character

The Wire is Reddit
The Sopranos is Yea Forums

This has been proven many times over.

OP, you are clearly not Italian. I grew up in NY/NJ/Philly. Most Italian men (old school) were man-children obsessed with their mothers. They were impulsive, controlling, and prone to extremely violent outbursts. The way old school Italian American men dealt with existential problems was through violence and addiction. They were almost always unhinged to some extent, but they were also extremely generous and loyal to their families.

why do redditors seethe when you dont like their baltimore zoo show idgi

Attached: s b disdain.jpg (320x240, 13.42K)

Attached: these two buck suck.jpg (1280x720, 91.42K)

So did the niggers that the Wire appeals to, filtered at real life