Any Ancient Rome kino?

Except for HBO Rome, Gladiator and Netflix Onion-barians.

(Also watched King Arthur 2004. Does this count?)

Attached: Second_Anime_Republic.png (3298x1894, 2.55M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9EOzr15h8S8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Spartacus.

Haven't seen Domina yet so I don't know of that's any good.

>anime girls and roman empire
add it to the incel without a personality starter pack

Seethe

And what of good Solonius?

>roman empire
>incel starter pack
Nah. It should be the Third Reich or Austro-Hungary.

based

seething shitskin

>if you like you are le epic incel
Shut up faggots.

Attached: 0c393c1b71d47ee7e3c822c12658093d.jpg (474x409, 13.86K)

This'll hit 40 replies

I am that guy, if you’re into medieval history or cavemen you are based as fuck.

Cute transgirl here I love Rome

If you're an entry level Rome-a-boo, familiarize yourself with the life of Emperor Aurelian.
It is my hope that one day a brave team of entertainment professionals make the Aurelian bio-pic we so desperately need.

I like to think about what song/music I would choose for the montage sequence of Aurelian taking control of the Dalmatian Calvary and BTFOing every enemy from Lusitania to Arabia. It's one of the most hype sequences in recorded history and it needs to be put on film.

I. Fucking. Hate. Medieval. "Borders".

Truly an era of absurdity and surrealism.

>nooo it’s not globohomo statism and has soul I hate it!!!!!

medieval people were more sensible than many today.

I, Claudius
A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum
Ben-Hur
Best thing about that show is Good Solonius posters.

Attached: 1637362952295.jpg (554x858, 82.86K)

>this feudal lord did that
>this marquis married that
>this count took that decree
>this duke shaved into monks
>this serf died a serf

Booooring. Your personality is a boring dull virgin.

I, Claudius

Attached: 20090921-i-claudius.jpg (756x902, 339.86K)

Thats prussia though, stop appropriating incel culture

Attached: 20220405_182920.jpg (2048x1536, 879.37K)

What is so "soulful" in chaos, poverty and suffering?

this is how I know you’re a historylet because quality of life for most people improved in the middle ages. let me guess you think monty python grimdark slave peasants whipped by the evil church is real? look at how rural romans lived, it was fucking shit

prussia/german empire and rome/byzantium are in equal measure the "babby's first military history" incel starter pack

and what of good Solonius?

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-05 113400.jpg (655x935, 112.77K)

Modern films/TV shows are more likely to focus on Zenobia from the same time period than Aurelian

I want a legion chan slice of life so bad

>look at how rural romans lived, it was fucking shit
Depends on who you mean by "rural romans"
As many "rural romans" were their moderately to extremely wealthy classes. Their poor lived in the cities.

tranny, you will never be a woman, neck yourself, your parents hate you, you hate yourself, die.

I think you're right. That's a good observation.

t. local tv victim

Current Roman shows are pozzed now. Just watched Domina and it was shit

Centurion.

Attached: 387a6c771f04c8381ff049c70b6d3796.jpg (1907x2717, 782.66K)

I am a straight white male who lifts, there is no trannoid here my schizo friend

>middle ages
>chaos
Just because economy and political divisions were localized doesn't mean it was chaos and suffering. Medieval serfs were better off than Roman globohomo serfs (who were mostly slaves after the Punic wars anyway).

Attached: 1614360759726.jpg (567x767, 77.82K)

This got replies because it struck a nerve.

also medieval economics was way more sophisticated. romans were massive brainlets when it came to the economy

To be fair a quarter of the replies are "lol this will get replies!!"
"incel" and "tranny" need to be wordfilter swapped already, along with "cuck" and "chud" - these are all moronic parrot words that don't mean anything.

>look at how rural romans lived
Emm... They were free and able to do whatever they wanted, from self-employment to military careers; whereas medieval serfs were literally the property of their landlord along with a pig or a chair?

Attached: comfy.png (636x396, 688.33K)

Gigabased

People that use the word "incel" aren't having sex.

I have a wife and two kids, so you're right I am no longer having sex

As far as I remember, the feudal lords were constantly at war with each other, and sometimes with the king, who did not control them at all.
>Roman
>serfs
Ok, slide.

cute

Funny that the Roman economy was able to maintain the demographics and urbanization level of the 19th century. And as soon as the Country collapsed, the people immediately began to die out.
Either cheap bait, or just rampant ignorance.

youtu.be/9EOzr15h8S8

Based or cringe?

So what do you advance to after those?

they were literally slaves and serfs weren’t

honestly I would take it at this point

Attached: OIP (1).jpg (474x376, 20.57K)

feudal japan then three kingdoms china, then you cycle back to sassanid persia

whoops a slight grain shortage time for mass starvation #473828

Threadly reminder c*ristianity killed Rome

Attached: 1648749266491.jpg (768x768, 131.13K)

>a quarter of the replies are "lol this will get replies!!"
That was one of the replies

Retards will seethe but you're right

>it’s another aspie sat on his obese arse all day wanking to anime lecturing people on how to save the west

Uh oh I think someone hurt some feelings!

Attached: smug teddy.jpg (400x400, 24.8K)

>add it to the incel without a personality starter pack

Attached: 1644786816049.png (521x599, 454.98K)

You post is correct only until about ~590 AUC, after that it's romanticised larping.
Serfdom was introduced by a Roman Emperor, you dolt. And before the Republic even fell the majority of "rural Romans" were latifundia slaves from the Punic Wars, which was one of the reasons there was so much urban strife at the end of the Republican era, tons of disenfranchised Romans with no prospects and good land hanging around becoming belligerant. This led to military reform and conquest of new territory, to which the hinterlands would start being given to the lower class Romans, while the choice land kept getting consolidated to the rich and the economies of scale in the Empire maintained the latifundia system which mainly employed more slaves from all the conquests to begin with, to an every-increasing cycle to where the individual idealized "middle-class" Roman citizen was given the shaft and the lower classes were essentially slaves their whole lives, either in career military service, or actual plantation slaves, if they weren't disenfranchised urban unemployed.
Yeah and even back then urbanization was trash and nothing but unsolved social strife.
You're a literal retard, Rome was dying since the Punic wars, Christianity was irrelevant until Rome died and something needed to fill the void it left behind.

Attached: 1644775369023.png (800x528, 536.65K)

There is no anime in my picture. Meds now schizo

based, there is literally 0 difference between these and the troons picturing themselves as kawaii uguu moeblobs

Domitian’s reforms ended all that. You were born into a specific job in the place you were born and could never leave or attain social mobility. People that tried were captured by state sponsored bounty hunters and returned to their designated wage zone. Also hyperinflation became rampant and his attempts at price fixing only made it worse so the economy collapsed and shifted to a barter economy since coins became worthless. In a way you could say Domitian invented serfdom the way it was practiced until the modern era. Then he quit being emperor and locked himself in his palace growing cabbages for the rest of his life.

Also OP check out Stanley Kubrick Spartacus, Ben-Hur (50’s version) and I, Claudius for some more Roman kino. Gladiator is fine as a popcorn movie but Spartacus is superior.

Attached: 95064C23-A1FD-4365-B748-622A4DE5942A.jpg (640x427, 54.47K)

A videogame

Attached: 1630921868563.jpg (1920x4645, 3.69M)

If you want to post with an avatar so much, other boards might be a better place for you to go back to and stay.

Because the only thing they cared about was farming and surviving and thus were more practical people for it

For me, it's the Hittites

>If you want to post with an avatar so much, other boards might be a better place for you to go back to and stay.

Attached: soyboy pull ups.png (370x355, 156.66K)

By the middle ages all Roman peoples had been granted citizenship

The Roman economy was dependent on conquest and slaves. When both stopped the empire crumbled not long after

Christianity quite literally was the only thing that preserved Rome's relevance post antiquity

Shilling I, Claudius aswell. Definitely the best writing in any show about Ancient Rome.
Also John Hurt kills it as Caligula

>slight grain shortage
It was the destruction of the entire economic system. The food provinces in Africa and ME that made it possible to maintain a multi-million population in Europe turned out to be beyond the reach, as a result, there was nothing to feed people. The problem was solved bypassing only by the 19th century. You see, the global economy is always an order of magnitude superior to the local one, /pol/-turd.
>rural Roman population
>slaves
Ok, now I can really see that you're just illiterate. Slavery in the Roman Republic(!) was part of the business. Part of the just conquered population was taken into slavery and moved to the plantations of rich magnates (latifundia). The remaining population was subjected to assimilation (Romanization) and was NOT taken into slavery remaining free. The influx of slaves has always been tied to fresh conquests. In the Republican era, during the period of the most active expansion, the proportion of slaves in individual provinces could reach up to 30% of the total population (compare with 90% of regular serfs in the Middle Ages and be shocked).
With the cessation of expansion, the influx of slaves ceased and the institution of slavery degraded as such. Already in the middle of the second century AD, in the imperial era, the percentage of slaves did not exceed 3% of the total population of the Empire and was presented by servants in the homes of wealthy Romans. Badabum-ts! Finita la Comedia.
Study history, kid, and don't be an ignoramus.