Would (You) do it?

Would (You) do it?

Attached: severance.jpg (1175x1763, 274.34K)

It's basically free money, so yeah

Attached: helly spits on my peepee.png (620x658, 845.71K)

not be a shill

No, I'm not a psychopath

Imagine your entire existence being at work. Would you hate your outie? Who is the real person in this scenario?

Just me or is he pretending to know less than he really does?
Is Turturro one of the most underrated actors ever?

Attached: irving.png (456x720, 477.05K)

This would be a violation of stoicism, so no.

I don’t get how his outtie has visions to paint the elevator

might have something to do with him not sleeping during the night

>Get severed
>A while later you're at home blasting it on Xvideos
>A video of you getting your ass stuffed by two trannies shows up in the recommended feed

What does that have to do with being severed if it happened on the weekend?

>implying you have any morals and standards

Attached: doublelol.png (289x303, 147.51K)

The elevator to the testing floor too. I would say that something is slightly wrong with his chip, or he's failing whatever they're testing him for (like how they were testing Mark if he remembered his wife).

Attached: 1649105986128.jpg (480x451, 28.14K)

Why was Dylan so aggressive towards Burt?

Attached: 1339550318662.jpg (344x505, 23.19K)

Dylan really bought into the little gimmicks Lumen gives the innies to control and incentivize them, look how much he care about his gay little finer-traps. Makes sense he would be heavily into office gossip like some old office lady. Seems like the different divisions don't know or trust each other very much, that seems to be especially true for DR.

He is rightfully aware that O&D are rat fuck snakes.

Imagine her spelling the letters of the alphabet with her tongue inside your mouth
>my outie is a good kisser, user

This is one of my favorite shows in a long time. Love the concept.

just finished all episodes up to 8. How the fuck can i wait till friday? I need wellnessfu back in my life

i just wanted to suck on that pen cap so fucking bad after that

Not sleeping is probably just nightmares, likely related to the door in the first place.
The best theory I've heard is his severance used old technology/is old/the reset messed with something and his consciousnesses are leaking into the others.

Nah. Even if you can't remember it as soon as you get in the elevator, if it's 8 hours of grueling, depressing work then it's not worth it.

It just so happens that MDR isn't hard work at all, albeit a little scary, but you'd never know.

Attached: Severance_Photo_010307.jpg (3840x1601, 359.58K)

What's the running theory for what Lumon actually does?

Oil company. MDR are doing drone strikes.

Attached: sWHMoOZYS6r6rvYao3an339mFFIvxIrzduepzaHY0ME.jpg (2000x1000, 97.69K)

My theory is that they're trying to create digital immortality.
The jobs are all just mindless busy-work, like 3D printing or sorting numbers, but the testing floor is the real goal.
If they can store a full conciousness in a chip is what they want.

They say Friday on the release dates, but every episode has release on a Thursday so far.

One of the cards fatty stole looked to be CQC related, so I think it's about normalizing the procedure for common things like childbirth then turning most of the population into potential assassins.
We already know data can be stored on the chip, so the question is whether they can store commands on it too.

The real question is who wouldn't do it?

why do they even tell them they have outies? since innies don't know anything to begin with why wouldn't they just tell them that this is how the universe is

thats what makes the entire scenario so unbelieveable
the innies entire life is to work, or they get fired in which they "die". and as thanks for their hard work, they retire and die anyways

everyone of them would kill themselves

It's a pinky and the brain take over the world episode.

The innie wouldn't exist absent my creation of it. It's whole existence is contingent upon my creative endeavor. It should be grateful. And work gives people's lives purpose and meaning. Innies should recognize this.

don't bother asking, the writers probably don't even know
prediction: this shit will go on for like 2-3 seasons and we'll never find out

they retain common sense and knowledge about the outer world from their other selves. They have to tell them something.

It's an oil company.

What's the average IQ of the board anyway?

Attached: Severance-irving-irv-black-ooze-hallucination-dozing-off-wellness-check.jpg (737x368, 42.73K)

If you ultimately die anyway, why wouldn't you do what they're doing and try to take the whole place down with you on the way out?

how does looking for numbers, or 3d printing odd products or raising goats find oil?
this whole show is "oh look how david lynch we can be!" without ever reaching a point or purpose

this, in season 2 they introduce a series of numbers each of them have to press every day to keep the facility from exploding

Attached: 3f678g76f3g.jpg (1280x710, 91.96K)

That's imagery from the paint goo he uses in his paintings.

What would happen if you raped a women? would your outie get jailed?

you are mistaking cause and effect
everyone sees the black goo, its just irvings outtie thats painting it

No one else has seen it though.
The black goo is a visual red herring.

Probably to make them more subservient, if you remember Helly was somewhat convinced to calm down when told "You were the one who agreed to this" with video proving it.

Love him. His catalogue is shaping up to be really impressive.

itsn't mark getting black gooed even in the title sequence?

how many episodes are there going to be total?

Next episode is the season finale.
No set end date like Ted Lasso though.

I get scared just thinking about if teleportation becomes a thing. Would you step into a machine that de-materializes you and rebuilds you out of different materials somewhere else? You're essentially being killed and cloned every time you use it.

If you are asking what is Lumon doing and what are the workers doing, you are not getting it. It's a metaphor for what are we doing, I mean besides being born against our will only to die in the end. What is this thing we are doing in the meantime, including posting on Yea Forums and breeding more of us so that they can do the same.

The answer to what is Lumon doing and what are the Lumon workers doing is equally as irrelevant and ultimately inconsequential, absent some kind of heroic dream of the founder who is supposed to be an Ozymandias-like irrational character.

Attached: xeno0.jpg (696x464, 64.48K)

What would you do if you were a stupid loser that nobody liked, and you got severed, and then some time later you found out your innie was a cool chad that everyone liked
I would quit immediately, FUCK that guy

>mark is getting black gooed

They've been signed for 19 so far I think, imdb says 10 episode season 2.

>stephen king fan detected

any thriller/scifi that never reaches a concrete idea of whats going/what its about on is just bad writing

how can this whole severance process serve as a dystopian speculative fiction if there's no good premise for it even existing

they will wrap it up in that many i just know it. i trust ben stiller

I never said they would, that's why I said so far.

they definitely won't if it is successful. If anything Apple/Lumon will force any dissenters off the show to make it go for as many seasons as it can.

i still think it will just be two seasons

Ben is only directing (and the only reason the shows been interesting.. the Aoife McArdle episodes have been pretty weak)
but Bens not involved in the writing which is using "slow burn" as a cover for the fact its clearly going nowhere

not true, interviews with actual creator Dan Erickson he discusses how Ben Stiller actively changed the story and shaped it. Maybe he doesn't have a listed writing credit but he most definitely is involved in the writing

There's fun to be had at work, they're always exploring and having parties and fucking around. Plus, since permanence of consciousness isn't real, you arguably are the innie at work in real life.

>fun
>finger traps
>5 minute dance partys
>a yearly ambition to get a plate of waffels in the founders house

I haven't had waffles in over a year

A plate of waffles and a BDSM-themed strip tease

>be innie
>Shit and piss myself on the elevator back up
Clean it up outie