I’ve been a long time believer of the “animation = for children” but recently my gf forced me to watch this...

I’ve been a long time believer of the “animation = for children” but recently my gf forced me to watch this because she liked the poster and it was actually pretty good.
Which other animated kinos did I deprive myself of over the years? And please don’t recommend that japanese trash I can’t stand the way characters look and sound

Attached: 2BA75462-D1BA-438C-A255-2B950D57BD03.jpg (1021x1446, 1.63M)

Other urls found in this thread:

www7.bflix.to/movie/batman-the-long-halloween-part-one-3pwm6/1-full
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the Venture Brothers

AQUA TEEN HUNGER FORCE

If you like Batman start with these.

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (film)

These both sound like they are going for the le epic ironic humor. Anything that takes itself a bit more seriously?

Batman: Under the Red Hood

Batman Year One.

DC's animated movies surpass it's live action counterparts as well as anything that Marvel put out.

this

dc animations always look like cartoons that would air on cartoon network and are given a shoestring budget

they always look so generic

love death robots

>I’ve been a long time believer of the “animation = for children”
It's because this is usually the case in the west. I'm not a weeb but the best animated films are sadly found in Japan.
I'd recommend Redline, Perfect Blue, and Ghost in The Shell. Watch them dubbed if you have to

Read the book this was based on too, the artstyle is way better (for some reason they completely gimped Catwoman’s design in this adaptation).
I know you don’t like Japanese animation but give Ninja Scroll and Ghost In The Shell a shot (their dubs are pretty decent too).

Portrayed the way better than Arkham knight

Attached: Catwoman fight.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

Why are DKEKS the only people obsessed with convincing themselves that their children's book characters are actually very mature and dark.
With movies, cartoons even comics, they relentlessly tell everyone that these are some mature art House stories and characters. To the point you even have directors trying to make movies like that.

DC fans kept recommending Hush so i read the graphic novel
the gn has god tier art but the rest was absolute garbage
the dialogue is the most cringe inducing unnatural thing ever
and 90% of the bubbles are batman thinking about how and why he's doing what's he's doing
i'll try the animated movie but im not expecting much

also, are the movies from the new52 good?

Attached: 1648732998375.jpg (472x493, 171.18K)

>Read the book this was based on too
no i will never read another Batman comic ever again
>read the long halloween bro
>read hush
>read under the gaslights
>read the killing joke
they are absolute garbage
and worst of all
>read batman metal and the batman who laughs
it's over, they butchered Wonderwoman and now Batman because they HAVE to reset the timelines and create new canon every 5 years

Attached: 1647846614315.jpg (1289x1266, 476.42K)

The Venture Brothers has recurring plotlines like you'd see in Sopranos.

I do not understand the allure of The Long Halloween nor do I not understand why my favorite streaming sites (1337x) do not offer a single file video.

Attached: Joker 2021.jpg (1322x2000, 230.81K)

>for some reason they completely gimped Catwoman’s design in this adaptation
fags couldn't handle muscle mommy

Attached: E9vcANiX0AIt3vh.png (717x897, 882.21K)

>Batman: Gotham Knight
>Justice League: Gods and Monsters
>Superman: Red Son
>Castlevania
>Dota: Dragon's Blood

Attached: 1648760564348.webm (1100x1080, 474.47K)

Try this: www7.bflix.to/movie/batman-the-long-halloween-part-one-3pwm6/1-full

whatever you do stay away from Yea Forums
personally, at least recently i liked
>Castlevania
>Arcane
>Vox Machina
but they are impossible to talk about on Yea Forums because these shows are kind of mainstream trash, or because they didn't follow the source material with accuracy, or because they have women and brown characters in it

if you want more DC, watch the 90 animated series, Beyond, Justice League and Young Justice (unlimited is garbage)

Attached: 1649095243937.jpg (912x660, 104.15K)

Justice league dark , The flash multiverse one is pretty good , batman hush, mask of phantasm are good, the ninja batman killing joke arent very good. But not batman films would be wicked city, ghost in the shell 1 and 2, paprika, akira and itchi the killer anime all of those shit on the batman films

Don't understand why they went with the generic artstyle for the movie. Long Halloween had outstanding art by Tim Sale.

>animation is not for children!
>to prove my point I present a cartoon adaptation of a comic book for children!
Your girlfriend is a retard which is why she gives you the time of day

Lowest bar ever.
DC animated stuff has been shit since flashpoint. Like the comics

He says while promoting a cartoon adaptation of a comic book for children

>have women and brown characters in it
Because they have them or because it's some dogshit rac/genderswap? Be more precise, because one is retarded and the other is deserved

>animation = for children
all DC related stuff is for children
is this thread just a bait?

the hush movie is very strange and worse than the comic. The end twist is fucking hilarious though.

The new52 movies are generally terrible, though I haven't seen all of them.

This one, also:
Mask of the Phantasm
Batman Beyond + Batman Beyond:Return of the Joker
I would even recommend Batman vs Dracula. Pretty fun animated movie for such an outlandish concept.
DC animated Batman stuff is almost always pure kino.

>also, are the movies from the new52 good?
The few I watched were terrible, just like their comicbook counterpart.
user here is right

I refuse to watch the flick because they got rid of Buff Catwoman.

read the dark knight returns

Cowboy Bebop: The Movie (watch the english dub, it's pure kino)
There are no squealing anime girls or other animeshit memes. Besides a few japanese quirks it's pretty serious and has some brutal scenes too.

>they butchered Wonderwoman
WW became dogshit and stopped being a character (to become just a label) back in 2011 and never recovered. And never will.

Attached: True WW.png (900x1472, 177.89K)

Upvote this

I would have pointed out that OP cartoon has a race swapped Catwoman due to Batman Returns being popular despite not being a Batman movie and Pfeiffer not being a Catwoman, but looking through sample panels of the Long Halloween comic to see whether in the comic she was white or black, most of the time she hardly looks like a human at all. I feel pity for any child whose parents allowed them to read this trash.

stop avatarfagging furkek
read year one, that one is genuinely good. also arkham asylum a serious house an serious earth

How's the animation for The Long Halloween? the last DC animated movie I watched was The Killing Joke and the animation was a massive disappointment

who cares? its a comic book

>Because they have them
yes at least when it comes to arcane
all female/poc characters are either oc side characters or come from the source material

This one. Soundtrack and Peter Weller put it on top for me.

Attached: 1649165892262.jpg (400x615, 52.01K)

she’s so fucking hot in long halloween bros. i love her costume so much

>who cares? he's only 12! he can learn to be an adult later!
See where this logic ends up?

>muh slippery slope
no, its a comic book, not gonna get twisted up in moral dilemmas about it

Did they stop letting nerds see live naked woman models in art school in the 90s, or did DC stop hiring actual artists?

The venture bros is kino and much more parody than ironic humor.

Also a rare example of a show that only got better as it continued.

>muh slippery slope! >muh lost cause! >muh holocaust denial! >muh things that are observably true but we came up with a label for them so we can ignore them and live in utopian ignorance!

Based

Attached: E52B189D-CC16-45E1-AD78-87C66AE9F736.jpg (500x734, 132.02K)

where do you draw holocaust denial from me not giving a shit about changing characters skin color in a low budget comic book movie adaptation

literal slippery slope lol

This. People who dickride the movies after flashpoint have no eye for animation quality. There is a clear decline in quality. They're still fun for what they are. I enjoyed watching batman bad blood while drunk. DC peaked with justice league. It adapted more classic comic stories more effectively and accurately than the mcu could ever hope to and established a continuity that spanned several series. It's by no means "animation for le mature grown ups", but it is soulful, inspirational stories for humans of all ages. Really, it is the peak of serialized western cartoons.

Attached: 1597679477531.png (350x263, 100.49K)

see, I told you it was an actual thing that you can't just dismiss
stop letting your children read comic books, capisce?

not the same user. but if you want to design/cast the chracters you want, stay away from existing IPs.

Attached: Question conspiracy.webm (1280x720, 2.64M)

100% agree

post Grundy

We drew naked girls in my college art classes in ~2015, so I don't think so.

That shit was awkward as fuck btw. The models were always these 23 year old weird artistic/hippy types. Often chubby, always completely unshaved.

why don't you hop into a time machine and tell Timmy Burton that then

Attached: IMG_0435.0.jpg (1200x675, 198.59K)

Attached: catwoman.webm (960x540, 1.83M)

Tim is still alive. user can just tell it to his face. And then hopefully suckerpunch him

waiting for the upcoming Constantine animated movie to see if DCAMU can salvage the new52 timeline reset bullshit

Attached: 1645541013745.png (392x536, 200.06K)

why is Catwoman so fucking RIPPED?

Cuz it's HOT!

Attached: 1633293338665.jpg (1280x1929, 362.62K)

mommy

I preferred the first two or three seasons where it was more episodic, but it is remarkably consistent quality for the genre.