Dune Part 2 begins pre production this week

Attached: Are you winning Baron.jpg (2048x1383, 710.42K)

That's when you hire catering services and shit like that right

yes its all the planning for principal photography

The name's Rautha. Feyd-Rautha Harkonnen.

Attached: classic-duno.jpg (500x750, 41.3K)

Hopefully it's going to be more or less the same crew. Same DOP, Zimmer on score etc.

Is Christian Bale in talks to play the older version of Paul?

I'd think Villeneuve tries to keep as much of the same crew as he can as they know what he wants.

Not introducing FRH in the first part was a big mistake 2bh.
I think the best they could do now is focus a big part of the second one on him and increase his role, almost as a parallel to Paul's story and arc.

why does this disgusting faggot have to be in everything

He barely does anything in the first part, I think using the gladiatorial battle to introduce him could actually be cool

Isn't Barry playing Feyd?

Yeah, but the point is that though his role works well enough in a novel throwing in a chapter every now and then, in a movie introducing him late undermines the buildup to what by necessity has to be the climactic scene.

I think they cast Austin Butler now, but we need official confirmation. I prefer Barry's acting, but Butler fits the character better physically.

They should have went with someone a little more physically powerful

The first one went too fast imo. They should have slowed down the lead up to the invasion and then expanded the invasion scene itself. Maybe it will be there in the director's cut. For as long as the movie was it still seemed like most scenes were rushed and made intentionally short to to fit something in from the book.

Gladiator battle could be a good way of opening Dune part 2, actually. Villeneuve has already hinted he wants to have more action, so that could work as a starting point.

>Bath full of stout will heal you
What did Villeneuve want to tell us?

Film was so dull I am not even anticipating the sequel. To add insult to injury, it has a disgusting woke cast

Attached: memecast.jpg (2275x1423, 699.79K)

>Non-aryan people? IN MY DESERT PLANET KEENO?

It must be sad as hell to be you.

I'm really afraid that in a couple of years of filming and production Chalamet's face will turn into a horrifying grimace of a coke machine

The cast is great!

Attached: 1621008488619.jpg (1200x1350, 191.01K)

Dune Pt 1 literally finished with a privileged white boy executing a black man frothing at the mouth with feral rage.

Attached: 1633419770775.jpg (480x480, 53.1K)

>Film was so dull I am not even anticipating the sequel

This, but I actually don't mind the two on the far left and thought they were the best part about the movie. What's really suck is that they're putting Florence in the sequel and there's no other way I would have watched it.

Attached: 20210716_050421.jpg (1123x1332, 130.47K)

Is Bautista the best actor of our generation?
He seems to steal every scene he's in with his giant sad-man act.

Attached: w330.png (330x413, 195K)

What is he bathing in?

Bautista's okay and he's actually one of the better actors in Dune. I named the other two in Timothee and Rebecca. I feel like Bautista was one of the few people not phoning it in and he seems to make the most of even minor roles (like in Blade Runner 2049). He's definitely not the best actor.
Jason Momoa can't act at all and he was given more screen time, which is why Dune was just bad.

He has similar charm as Schwarzenegger and he is a better actor as well.

film was boring. not watching a sequel.
screencap this.

>pre production
the fuck is that

That is just a statement and not a prediction. Why would anyone want to screencap your post?

There is not a single arab actor in the film. The most arabic actor is spanish, and the rest of them are all black or mutts like Zendaya. Funny how it's okay to make a movie largely inspired by arab/islaĆ¹ic culture and not have any of it in the film. Even their desert looked cold.

here you go user

Attached: cap.png (103x20, 1.09K)

Attached: Untitled.png (1050x205, 18.85K)

>It must be sad as hell to be you.

Attached: 1526851436253.jpg (960x892, 233.53K)

They should film a bunch more extra shit to make an Extended Edition of part 1.

kek'd

Attached: pepkek.jpg (1130x955, 68.14K)

Yeah, you forgot to mention that the fight carred zero weight since his mom easily beat the boss of the desert people. Woke shit fell flat on its face. Never seen such an anticlimatic ending in a while.

>Why would anyone want to screencap
because it's true

I liked him before, but he looked fucking stupid in Dune.

>zero weight

this as to be bait.

>not a single arab actor in the film
there was a giant sand monster that threatened civilians

It's okay, dood. If this new casting doesn't happen then I'll not watch it with you. It's really easy for me to not watch stuff because I do it all the time.

So that he could bask in the glow of not having done something? Obviously, we would have no way of knowing if he didn't do what he claims he is not going to do, but he'd be here, claiming he didn't, so there's that.

I don't even have Nintendo. Or any console.

>woke
stfu lol the only "woke" in it is Zendaya and the planet doctor person but that's just the price of business in 2022 at least Paul looks like in the books.

Hes a great actor.
Naw, we need someone attractive.

Woke would have been:
>Paulina Atreides
>Duncachina Idaho
>Xeperson Gurney

>Hes a great actor.

Is he? Dano seems like a literal punching bag in every movie I've seen him. He's locked in a small space and tortured in Prisoners and he's beaten to death in There Will Be Blood. I really don't understand why people like him and I'm guessing it's some Reddit meme.

i'll screencap this for you

He is.

There is still a kind of skill required to be a good 'beaten-down wimp' type of actor, you have to sell your weakness well

I don't think so. If he's a loser in real life then he could just be playing himself in every role. Has Paul Dano ever been the hero of the story? Ever?

>Is he?
Yes
>I really don't understand why people like him
Because hes a great actor.
Hes a hollywood actor. Loser doesnt quite cut it.

But Ezra Miller hasn't been cast as Feyd Rautha yet, so it can't start.

Attached: df4e5e7b44ef5193c7c618819204e828.jpg (564x694, 46.49K)

He's got to be hot, this simpering uggo with a potato head cannot be it.

If they dub his voice, id be ok with that.

>he's a great actor because he's a great actor

Okay, Paul. You can stop replying to me because I don't want to speak to you and I won't be able to see your reply. I haven't nor will I ever watch The Batman, by the way. Just know that you're not a draw and I'm sure you're enjoying getting roles because your family is important or whatever.

Hmm not bad

Zendaya is the one for me, who ruins it. She's nothing but PR, I can't stand her fucking fart sniffing smug face. I hate Tom Holland too, for licking her arse in every interview when I know he's a faggot of the highest degree.

k

Everyone but Zendaya. They should have gone with a girl who has an attractive feminine face, she looks like a pacific islander grandpa.

Good point user, tbf

Don't screencap it because I can always remember my own posts. I should never even verbalise my ultimatums because that's how people find out how to get you to watch. I wouldn't believe that Yea Forums was being monitored in the past but it's too active now that I can completely believe somebody working on Dune could be here.
I wouldn't even be in this thread if person-i-like-but-can't-name wasn't going to be in the sequel. I just need them to announce a different actress for Irulan and then I can go back to filtering Dune threads.

Name a 18-22 year old brown (good) actress.

Yeah he's got the looks down, but the voice, could be roughened up

That nasal screech is just not something I ever wanna hear.