It was better than the book but they cancelled it because people who hadn't read the book didn't like it...

It was better than the book but they cancelled it because people who hadn't read the book didn't like it. Now we'll never see this kino finished. Read the fucking source material before you watch the show/film its based on.

Attached: p13086256_b_v12_ao.jpg (1920x2880, 1.54M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dkdrbg4EwGA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The show was fucking trash.
I read the book, it was great.

Didn't this show end up having like 9 different showrunners? I stopped watching after Gillian Anderson left.

It was a trash adaptation that threw everything interesting about the book out the window as soon as it could. Not even Brian Fuller's pretentiousness could save it, and it tried to copy Hannibal's style and aesthetics too much instead of having an identity of its own.

The show wasnt very good. Especially Seasons 2 and 3.

americans have no gods. they are all heathenistic daemons

it was garbage with a few good bits

>niggers and mutts
>american gods
sounds about right

>expect to see something about old religions and modern world
>got a lecture about American slavery and muh racism

??????

season 3 was a slog and definitely killed the hype
this is coming from someone who vehemently defended the fuck out of season 1
the show was destined to die as soon as they changed showrunners

Just a lot of faggots talking about their grirvances and petsonality ticks like most nu-tv.

The book was good but the show fleshed out so much of the characters and the world. Laura and Sweeney especially were much more interesting than their book counterpsrts.
It was about identity, which was a central theme to the books and the show. Slavery is intrinsically liked to American culture and therefore the religions. Made sense to me but people would get turned off because it was upfront about its themes.

That’s kind of the point of the book you fucking contrarian dummy.

Pretty much, and they kept recasting people aswell to avoid increasing actors pay

Slavery is only linked to American culture because it’s forced to be linked to American culture. There isn’t a country on this planet that hasn’t used slaves in some form or another (and some that still do) but America is the only country castigated for it. It’s almost like someone has a vested interest in keep us hating each other. Blacks use it as an excuse do do nothing, which is in their nature.

They didn't recast anyone. They REMOVED Anansi but that was it.

Well you kind of get the idea. Bilquis' character highlights that America and its treatment of Black people has degraded them and twisted their identity (Bilquis was a prostitute). After she meets the Yoruba she realises her original heritage. The show highlights the corrupting power of America

>It was better than the book
it really wasn't.

Capeshit

They recast Mr. World to be played by Danny Trejo retard

The whole concept of the gods in American gods are that they aren’t the real gods they’re just the gods as imagined by the original emigrants, so they literally exactly as corrupt as their followers made them. America didn’t corrupt the gods, the people that believe in them did. It’s a roundabout condemnation of the idiocy and innate corrupt nature of people.

Why is that a problem? Crispin came back at the end and the other actors were good. Mr World changed his identity throughout the book.

That poster looks so obnoxious, I'll never watch your shitty burger shows.

Danny Trejo is a spic hack.

It was the nature of life in America which corrupted the people and then the gods. This is covered extensively in the book and show. America kept slavery alive for another 100 years and had a war over it. It's more relevant, especially in an American cultural world, than other places and their history.

Americans have new gods, mainly media, money, fame etc.

First season was great, second season was woke trash. Many such cases, sad.

China has enslaved its own people for the entire length of its history, America had one of the bloodiest wars in history to end its slavery. It’s only relevant because there’s a small section of the population who won’t let it NOT be relevant. I’m fucking sick of hearing about it, I just don’t care anymore, it’s time for the basketball Americans to either get over it or fuck off .

>America had one of the bloodiest wars in history to end its slavery
You require slavery before that to happen, user. It's not redemptive enough if you've just begun to fight 400 years after the first ship transported people to sell them as property.

Read the book and learn some history twit. You're missing the point completely even after they spell it out for you

>American gods was shit with a few good bits
>Stardust was shit with a few good bits
>Netflix Sandman adaption is guaranteed to be pozzed and very likely shit

this nigga just doesn't get a break, does he.

Attached: Neil-Gaiman-rct480x400u.jpg (480x400, 34.13K)

What about Gillian Anderson?

He's being involved with Sandman, so it'll be his fault this time.

When you admit you were wrong and try to change, that is when people hold you accountable for all the perceived evils of the world and try to fuck your life up for changing the status quo.

When you think about it, the American slavery did end pretty recently and ripples of it still echoed even closer to modern days in the form of Jim Crow laws.

Like it or not, USA still has people who have felt those ripple effects in their full force. Had those apartheid laws not existed after the abolishion of slavery, USA would be in a healhier place.

This. The book tries to show you that America is about being American, culture and identity don't matter and this corrupts people and their religions and cultures

>Stardust was shit with a few good bits

youtube.com/watch?v=dkdrbg4EwGA

This is such a perfectly executed and memorable scene. Absolute 10/10 top tier.
Shame about the rest of the movie.

S1 was good because it keeps you guessing who is who and the worldbuilding. Stories with a "roadtrip to last destination" plot work well. Sadly S2 was all over the place and I cant even remember S3. Was there a S3?

>10/10
Nope, according to your source it is only a 7/8 scene.

I’ve read the book asshole, it’s pseudo intelligent trash by the king of pseudo intelligent trash. Neil Gaiman is a hack and you’re a faggot, now what?

Classic ignorant American. You ruined your credibility whe you said the civil wad was about ending slavery. You ignored the dark part of America. Southerner?

>Gaiman fan doesn't actually like Gaiman material
Some many of you obnoxious faggots around. Is it like a status thing?

> USA still has people who have felt those ripple effects in their full force.
I’ll bite. Who and how are they affected? Let’s see if you’ll go mask off .

What’s “redemption” to you? Endlessly crying about the past?

>you can only read things you’re already a fan of
Got any more retardation to share today you fucking idiot?

Attached: 40CDFD85-0DEF-4E70-8602-052A719398FB.gif (220x147, 258.91K)

Name your fucking country, oh wait nevermind, nobody gives a shit about your shithole.

I guess the 1950s civil rights movement was all about nothing then. And everyone who attended is dead.

>it is perfectly normal to read a book you don't like
If you're autistic, perhaps. I can quit a book any time I want, and I certainly don't brag about subjecting myself to bad literature to own the libs.

This is rich considering we’re talking about an author from one of the bloodiest empires in the history of the world. Let’s ask the Indians, Scots, and Irish how they feel about England.

The people who like this book are the same kind of people who overuse big-boy words, despite having no fucking clue what they mean.

They're likely to be the ones that embarrass themselves at a party by spending WAY too much time trying to get a discussion rolling about "philosophy" or their obsession with Norse mythology...

We get it. You spent your early twenties as a drop-kick and now you want to prove to everyone that your "smart, now". Keep trying.

You know they got their civil rights correct? They’re still fucking going on and on and on about it. They don’t fucking want equality, they fucking want superiority and since they can’t get it through violence they’re using guilt. I’ve decided to stop feeling guilty. Fuck the niggers and fuck you, you limey fuck.

Just stop posting idiot. You're obviously incapable of analysing anything beyond surface level

>wh-what abou-
Shut up, faggot.

I’m sorry reading a 300 page novel is such a monumental undertaking for you that you have to stop if you don’t enjoy it. I’m sure you stop all movies and tv shows the second you lose interest. I read it in an afternoon on the train and it was fucking shit. Just like Stardust, and just like Sandman.

>bryan fuller
Did it have sexy little boys?

Lol stay mad and irrelevant.

Well luckily here, just like in every other facet of your sad pathetic life, you have no power so, get fucked dummy.

That's still 300 pages of things you hated and read for the pure purpose of hating. I couldn't imagine a more cucked existence, and for what? To show Gaiman fans you consumed his work? lmao

>Gaiman fans
Lol holy shit that’s pathetic. Go to bed Neil.

Attached: 7CC9AF48-F00F-44A9-A3A8-EBB23E0C4A73.jpg (224x224, 6.69K)

>says the little faggot who read an entire Gaiman novel

smol

Attached: Emily Browning American Gods.webm (1920x800, 2.96M)

Your dads been bragging again huh?

American gods isn't about religion of pseud shit chud, you hate it because you're a racist

>fetish exploitation garbage for kids
nah

I’m not a racist, I only hate black people because that’s just smart. Oh and Indonesians, they’re the niggers of Asia.

Did either of you actually read the book or watch the show? This is what I was talking about in OP

Season 3 was even worse, it had a full blown LGBTQI++++ orgy complete with feminine penis