Stargate SG-1

>watch the movie
>it's cool, excited to watch the spinoff series I hear is even better
>starts out great, there's some recasts and minor differences but they're no big deal
>finish the first episode
>they kill off all the desert people from the movie including the main dude's wife and the army dude's surrogate kid
Transparently just cutting ties with the source material. Why even keep the characters at that point? Just to shit on the ones from the movie? The show looks alright but I can't bother watching it when it does lazy, contemptful bullshit like that. And it's even worse because I was really looking forward to watching another show with Don S Davis

Attached: stargate_sg-1.png (600x334, 432.45K)

>they kill off all the desert people from the movie including the main dude's wife and the army dude's surrogate kid
You're mistaken, they don't kill off all of them.

GOOLD?

Attached: GeorgeHammondConfused.jpg (700x393, 130.2K)

Skaara is present throughout the series

Maybe I'll give the other episodes a real shot but I really hope they treat the character well. It was hard to watch the woman get it so hard, I at least wanna see the one character that's still actually movie relevant still not get a horrible ending

The characters that got most screentime in the movie appear throughout the series.

The sand people are lame. Just wait til you meet literally any of the other characters the series introduces.

So the two that got recast and Skaara? I don't really mind the recasts but again it's weird. Most times a recast leads to the character getting killed off, here it seems like it's almost the opposite

I meant, Skaara, his sister and their father

It's the opposite in this show. They recast the characters they actually wanted to use so they could afford them.

Skara as well as Daniel's wife and father in law are going to be in the show for many seasons still. And if you watched the pilot and understood from what happened that Sha're is dead you might just be retarded.

No one is recast except the people from earth you inbreed retard. If you love sand people so much go fuck a goat in turkmenistan.

They did recast Sha're what are you on about airman

Based Goold poster

not really fan of the original movie. tv series and it's own movies are better in my opinion

Ra is retconned from being a grey alien to just being a species of lamprey eels that live in people.

>not really fan of the original movie. tv series and it's own movies are better in my opinion
I agree with this statement.

Attached: 1639913924154.jpg (1362x2046, 176.87K)

mega based

Attached: get ready for the goold fiesta.jpg (1400x786, 132.66K)

The movie isn't canon, this is confirmed in the show, 2 L's

sir..

Attached: twols.gif (500x281, 663.35K)

why does everyone say this? movie isn't going to win any awards but it's miles above marvel shit. hell in terms of contemporaries it's above independence day IMO easily

wow the show evolved into its own thing. SG-1 is a fun show probably should have ended after season 8 but Morena Baccarin is a qt and the farscape cast gives the show a different flavor.
not terrible just not as good as you really need to see ark of truth post season 10 to get that story wrapped up.

SG-1 and SGA are good, the other stuff not so much. I don't have high hopes for the reboot and since it'll be current year I'll probably avoid it

1 L O'Neilll>2 ells

Attached: 1635611832252.jpg (474x699, 44.07K)

The movie is really fucking great but it feels like a totally different thing than where the show ultimately took it

Sg1 is comfy as fuck but if even a handful of episodes had the resources and creativity of the movie they would have been utter fucking kino

The show is real SG1, movie just happened to be first.

Attached: 1644951463753.jpg (1929x1077, 188.57K)

Jesus Christ

Attached: 1621353840247.jpg (853x480, 63.36K)

It's a question of budget, same with Planet Canada

Attached: 1550786924024.jpg (684x550, 160.74K)

Yeah it’s largely shit and they should do a full reboot.

based gooldposter

Attached: goold.jpg (1086x567, 141.46K)

You suck.

>start a TV show
>kill off the desert people immediately
based

Brad Wright has written the pilot but Amazon has not announced if they've picked up the show yet.

Attached: it's back.jpg (581x684, 95.12K)

>decide "ah whatever I'll deal with it, it's not like they killed literally every movie character"
>they kill off Kowalski the next episode
What the fuck?

Attached: shadow.gif (165x115, 352.01K)

>Transparently just cutting ties with the source material.
Except not at all. Did you even finish the pilot? The disappearance of Sha're and Skaara is being used as incentive for Jack and Daniel to keep exploring the galaxy through the stargate, looking for them. That obviously makes them very important to the series going forward, even if they're not necessarily on screen that often.

Except Michael Shanks wanted to divorce his wife so he got them to kill off Sha're in S3 so he and his character could bang all the guest actresses. I think there was a deleted scene in the mobie where they discover goold skellingtons, that is the origin of the parasite idea. The Jaffer were always really dumb.

Oh wow I'm so excited

Except Wright wrote Universe too and whenever it wasn't pushing terrible soap it was rehashing ideas already explored in SG-1

>Except Wright wrote Universe too
Yes, and it was kino.

Is there anything worse than an amazon original?

netflix original

Rarely netflix is ok, Amazon is always terrible

They will bend to the will of the producers, the pilot had nudity, and Anise was just because the network wanted a 7 of 9 character to attract coomers. Amazon will decide the casting and it will be terrible.

Tealc had sex with a white woman. Also they intentionally put carter in awkward situations with tealc.

>It's a Christopher Judge directed episode

Attached: 1529671512607.jpg (500x375, 21.97K)

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-03-15-22h25m27s233.png (1916x1080, 1.44M)

Walter is best guy.
Prove me wrong.

Attached: 1649145827462.jpg (1068x1432, 691.74K)

Nigger what you expect when the galactic emperor gets minecrafted in his privated vacation spot. No shit his plethora of system lords went to town on desert hobos.

SG1 is so far superior to the film its not even close. My wife Reese agrees.

Attached: large-fullsize-sg10519-0012xe.jpg (689x1023, 163.98K)

>has had a desk job for years
>by a quirk of fate finds himself piloting an Alkesh bomber
>flys it like a fighter and rapes another Alkesh

Dude was a hidden Chad.

what episode is this

Your father made you wrong

Attached: 1626272501975.jpg (657x527, 33.23K)

>Teal'c is cool and badass
>sleeps with beautiful white women
>everyone keeps asking about Teal'c
He earned it.

Attached: 1kpp7ee293551.jpg (640x610, 45.35K)

Attached: replicators fear this.jpg (400x400, 11.89K)

that pretty racist

Hello

Attached: 1642801225907.jpg (949x573, 42.34K)

ello fran :3

PEGASUS

Fat slut.

>>they kill off all the desert people from the movie including the main dude's wife and the army dude's surrogate kid
retard

?

Attached: hallo.jpg (2336x3504, 1.9M)

Wait. Didn't remember Erica Durance made an appearance in SG1. Isn't she his sister in law or some shit like that?

REEEEE

Attached: f2a430560cdf837f-600x338.jpg (600x338, 26.86K)

>finish the first episode
Are you retarded?

DIE

Attached: O'Neill gunning you down.webm (854x480, 2.61M)