Horror Kino

what are some genuinely scary movies? nothing reddit like Insidious or The Conjuring.
pic unrel

Attached: file.png (745x745, 771.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ns1SGo3WCF4
youtu.be/4LPubUCJv58
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Scary? You have to be 18+ to post here

There is no horror movie that is scary at all. This is the closest to actual scary horror besides games like outlast or something
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ns1SGo3WCF4

cheaper by the dozen.
man marries his highschool sweetheart, they both become independently successful chasing their dreams. have a massive beautiful white family. there is tension within the family but it always gets resolved peaceful and helps build moral character. the family will eventually expand and grow as their children have children and are raised with the same values which carries on generationally. all becoming wonderful members of society and enriching their local society as a whole.

Belladonna of Kino

Attached: belladona.jpg (630x1200, 166.7K)

The MC gets raped multiple times by various people, beaten by her husband and chased down by villagers. She makes a deal with the devil and he's portrayed as a giant penis who rapes her. The greatest horror kino I've ever seen.

the movie's pretty weak but there's some crazy scenes in Lake Mungo

Attached: file.png (600x338, 99.39K)

Why are people so obsessed with pure scariness in horror? There's a whole range of emotions evoked by the genre.

nothing happens for all but 2 minutes and the 'horror' is really just a bit of unease knowing she is still at the house when they leave

I thought the ritual was okay but only thanks to the cinematography and cg. The plot itself is just le epic forest cult

this is only horror if you're a woman

It's not an intense scare movie, but a really good creepy atmosphere movie.

I wish I could be scared of movies like I was as a kid. I know I could find things that would terrify me irl if I went looking for the supernatural but that would be more than I'm trying to invest in.

This scared me when I was a kid

Attached: MV5BMjEyNDQwMTQ3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTY5MzI0MQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_[1].jpg (1000x1482, 114.7K)

Grave Encounters 1 is legitimately scary

Arachnophobia fucked me up as a kid, I wonder if it still holds up

Attached: scared.png (929x670, 593.84K)

I don't like how they cast this girl because she has a disturbing appearance.

>Arachnophobia fucked me up as a kid, I wonder if it still holds up
You don't "grow out of" arachnophobia so it still works. I'm still afraid to slip my shoes on without checking them

On the bright side, she's a goth now, so being cast in a horror movie for being a creepy looking kid is a badge of honor

>we live in a society

Attached: 1585096529265.jpg (1080x908, 194.04K)

You have to be at least 18 to post here

I was about 15 when it came out and I consider that being a kid

I meant Arachnophobia (1990), but also you're wrong, I can totally handle spiders now.

I know what you meant, I just didn't capitalize it. I even referenced a scene from the movie.
And I'm not wrong, I still can't handle spiders.

ohoho, you got me user!

Also, spiders are our friends. They just want to eat the other bugs in your house. Anything else is spiderphobic propaganda

>spiders are our friends
Hell, I got lots of friends

How did to they fuck up so badly with grave encounters 2, user.

>Antlers
>The Empty Man

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 48.37K)

>Terrified

Looks like a troon unironically

When you get to old to be scared you find other ways to be entertained by horror movies. They're made for entertainment after all. There's humor, suspense, action, thrills, sex, special effects, the unnerving and disturbing, camp, and more.

looks like a teenager you fucking autist

>60 y/o
>teenager

What's wrong with your FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCEEEEEE

The most scary film is Inland Empire. And it's not a horror film.

Attached: 2013-06-15-inland-empire-rabbits.jpg (754x416, 127.12K)

Poughkeepsie Tapes

We really need an entirely new media format for proper horror. It just can't be done with a movie. Even real footage of an event can't bring about that primal fear.
Rarely, I'll hallucinate something terrifying while in a near-sleep state, that will give me an adrenaline-filled shock of true fear for the few seconds I believe it's genuine. That's the kind of fear I want to feel at will. There's nothing as intense or thrilling as that true belief that your life is in peril

Yeah it couldn't have possibly contributed to her being goth and likely having the typically associated self-esteem issues

absolutely based

Ok have you considered jumping out of planes?
The best a horror film can do is create feelings of absolute disgust or repulsion.
Picrel is a good example, I don't know of a single person who will see this scene in context and laugh it off like so many phony-tough will attempt during standard horror fare.

Attached: hag.jpg (457x282, 42.29K)

I feel sorry for her, she seems nice but that face means she'll only ever get weird roles.

Three tickets for me, my wife and my wife’s son for the newest A24-produced, genre-redefining, trope-subverting, atmospheric, dark and eerie, emotionally draining, gut wrenching, aesthetically heavy craft by post-horror auteur with an arthouse edge, dread-inducing, suspenseful build up with strong character development and gradual feeling of escalation, bone-chilling slow burn with “say more with less” approach and soul-shaking, blood-curdling, skin-crawling and nerve-wracking exercise in persistently looming dread where tension and anxiety permeates every frame as movie reaches its nail-biting, jaw-clenching and paranoia-inducing final climax, free of any cheap gore, cartoonish CGI or infantile jumpscares horror film, please.

This movie always bothered me, just having to watch your loved one slowly stabbed to death really fucked with me.

Attached: F0B7A7BF-0F19-4E1F-9F1D-9E76B073BEF6.jpg (1241x1922, 345.09K)

She will be perfect for a Susan Boyle biopic in a few years.

Have you considered going to an amusement park in Florida?

Attached: oJmtx8vZCD2YLXVo.jpg (578x1044, 351.54K)

I've jumped out of a plane once, attached to an experienced sky diver and it was definitely thrilling, but I never believed my life was really in danger. I'd never describe it as horror.

There's solo diving, and the whole squirrel suit and stuff, but again, I don't think it'd give quite the feeling I'm looking for. Also, there are so many regulations on that stuff, and you need so much expensive training/huge portions of your time dedicated to diving and that's not accessible for the general public. I am but a simple wageslave (which gives that existential horror, so already more on the right track than sky diving anyway)

Can I please get an unironic rec from one of you faggots? It feels like you are all trying to one up each other ironically when some of us aren't fucking slobs who just want to watch a fucking film and not jerk off talking about them.

Look into DPH(benadryl) / Datura.
Deliriant drugs will give you exactly that except you'll believe it 100% for the duration of the trip.
DPH would be fine on 1 occasion but prolonged use will have you looking at brain damage and dementia down the road, plus it's otc.
Datura is way more fucky and makes you sweaty and do unpredictable shit since you don't really remember it well.
Here is a common sight on benadryl: the hatman

Attached: gg6jih7rsgx31.png (792x612, 758.28K)

And don't say The Thing

Are you fucking retarded user? These are recommendations.

No large corporate stationary parks are too safe, you want a real town to town traveling carny experience run by a bunch of toothless criminal methheads putting together wonky rides and potentially kidnapping your children while you get on a ride that could definitely kill you if the meth in your town is not as strong as the neighboring towns and the workers didn't put in the time they usually do putting together each ride.

Yeah bro just give yourself permanent brain damage, it’ll be fine.

Literally gave you an example.
The Shining is good, but you have to pay attention to it.
The Blair Witch Project is good
1408 is ok, just make sure you watch the directors cut

IDK nothing is really all that scary
If you want an authentic feeling that your life is in danger than you need to do exactly that--put your life at risk.

In all honesty though you just have issues brah

same

Okay fair enough but just sending a title and not saying anything else is kinda braindead

Who hasn't seen all of those like 12 times?

People absolutely can get addicted and set themselves up for a lifetime of pain but it's unironically fine if you take a threshold dose, just it really should be a once in a lifetime thing since it can quickly spiral.
You don't even enjoy it too, like the guy said it really gives that pure fear so I don't know how these people get to the point that they're addicted in the first place

>I am too afraid to face something genuinely scary.
Go back to your slow burn movies.

>Okay fair enough but just sending a title and not saying anything else is kinda braindead
>It feels like you are all trying to one up each other ironically when some of us aren't fucking slobs who just want to watch a fucking film and not jerk off talking about them.

What is this high school? You asked for recommendations not a class assignment.

I mean I wasn't being ironic with either of those statements...

Yeah here's a recommendation dude

Attached: istockphoto-494351454-1024x1024.jpg (682x1024, 104.52K)

>trick my brain in to seeing shit that isn’t there by depriving it of acetylcholine (the chemical your brain uses to think with) because I’m too fucking dumb to watch a movie
Retard.

I've had lackluster experiences with drugs. I tried DPH a couple times, and was very aware that everything I was seeing was there because I was high. Same thing with multiple acid trips.
I've thought about trying datura, and may do so at some point in my life. I'm just kind of afraid of genuine damage to myself or my mind. I want to feel fear, but I don't actually want to die. Or cut my own nuts off.

How does the barrel of a gun taste user? Can you please tell me?

Why don't you make us a list of every horror you've seen so we can better serve you, sir.

Any way thanks yall I'm gonna giver Antlers a try

I'll fucking kill you

The Ritual is scary.

Consumers only want amusement

The Empty Man fucking sucked. I can't believe I let you guys meme me into watching that piece of shit.

Attached: 1647047334765.jpg (976x850, 227.81K)

Alright well you're more of a psychonaut than i would've though, as far as thrills go just walk around in the woods at night but im assuming you've already done that.
Any sort of spooky shit can go down deep innawoods so try and see what you can find.
Another fun thing to try is waterboarding, again though that can quickly go south
youtu.be/4LPubUCJv58
Basically you need a friend you can absolutely trust, and you need to trust yourself too to tell him to stop as soon as it starts feeling bad, which it will

>My brain is dumb enough that it can be tricked by noises and flashing lights on a tv screen in the same way most people's brain would need significant chemical alteration to be tricked, so the potential for brain damage and dementia isn't scary to me at all since it is already my normal day-to-day experience.

The empty man's also pretty good. It sounds like it's about a generic ghost but it's not.

Sure user I'm 195cm 350 pounds I'd like to see you try.

>The Ritual is scary

Attached: 1643107594728.png (512x378, 154.38K)

Why did it suck, user? Seriously it was better than the Name implied it would be.

The Grudge gave me nightmares for YEARS as a kid, attic directly across from my bed. Nowadays nothing spooks me.

Yeah i'm just gonna stab or shoot you, your mass might've mattered in highschool wrestling but in the real world any schizo can feel threatened by your presence and get a few jabs in before you even notice

grave encounters was kino

>The Empty Man fucking sucked.
Depends on what you expect from it. The trailer makes it seem like a supernatural stalker movie about an urban legend picking off teens. It's actually a thriller mystery about a cult. The Empty Man isn't bad.

Terrified sounds like a generic paranormal movie but it's made by third worlders so none of the generic Hollywood cliches are there.

Ayy the big man using weapons, I can buy them too my friend ;)

A movie is only as scary as you are willing to engage with it. If you don't think movies are scary, it's your own fault. Not the necessarily the fault of the movie, unless it happens to be a bad movie.

What's Eating Gilbert Grape
it's only horror if you were raised by a single mother though

Then it's settled. We meet at high noon

Damn nevermind the quads scared me away O_O

I fucking told you there is no scary movie. Go watch the news or some shit

But I don't actually want to die. My point is that horror as an entertainment needs to move on to more powerful mediums. But it should still remain entertainment. I could just swerve back and forth between oncoming traffic if I wanted that thrill, but I don't want to actually kill myself.
Maybe I'm asking for an impossible concept, but what we have now for horror entertainment is so far below what could realistically cause fear in a rational man.
I've done some solo camping. It's fun, and at night, hearing a noise while alone in your tent can be spooky, but I don't believe in anything supernatural so the only fear is a bear, or a human, and both of those are unlikely and I always take a gun with me out camping.
Wayerboarding could be interesting. Seems painful though. I'll think about that one though. It could be an interesting experience at least

Based

Well people say VR horror games are next level scary. Haven't played it but that Silent Hill test game made a while back seemed scary as shit.

What do you all think of Ghosts of Carmel Maine? Seems pretty convincing

antlers was fucking garbage i hated it. the bad and the wicked is just horrific and leaves you feeling dirty

I was 20yo when I first saw it, and it scared the fuck outta me. It still does, and I'm 39.

Scariest film ever imo