Hmmmmm I wonder what’s going on with this movie

Hmmmmm I wonder what’s going on with this movie.

Attached: B2F183D3-71E0-4050-BD9E-0D6E121AD1C0.jpg (1333x1678, 1.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1511197299518574593
youtube.com/watch?v=1UuhYzr_-8o
film.avclub.com/the-lighthouse-s-robert-eggers-nothing-good-happens-w-1839071674
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>making excuses before a film is released
not looking good, anglosisters

>"I think I’ve delivered the most entertaining version. The most entertaining version is not necessarily something I’m usually striving for. But ... it happened”
twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1511197299518574593
He actually looks better by saying this. It shows he has integrity and is a somewhat sincere filmmaker, even if The Northman turns out to be shit

Ill wait for the #EggEdit like I did with Snyder Cut

movie looks like hollywood shit, i imagine that's what he means. He should've kept making indie flicks like the light house. Its obvious he didn't have the creative freedom to do what he wanted with this one, look how its getting marketed.

It will probably be better. If you gave Eggers complete control it'd be just two hours of people talking funny with nothing really happening.

>falling for marketing meme
lol SnyderCut or SnyderUncut JL was still shit

Did Northmen even have beans to spill?

this is unironically setup for a long, drawn out eggers cut charade like they did with JL.

Forgot to mention that I am trans, don't know if that matters

I'm a fairly big movie director and I can tell you all that no director has complete control over a big budget movie. Everything you try to do is run over producers and if they don't like it you've got to fight them, the whole production is like this. In the end you win some you lose some, no big budget film isn't like this.

stfu eggfuck

He had to recut the entire movie because the studio was pressuring him from test audiences and that they absolutely need a profit from this one. I think it's implied they kept sending it back to get recut because Eggers said that he was so relieved when they finally said it was ok. That's when he said he would never do it again

Attached: FPB81_LXoAIQyTF.jpg (810x1200, 171.45K)

your point being?
I think he's saying Egg's claim studio interference is a lame excuse at best and blatant consumer manipulation at worst.

Jewish studio butchered it in the editing room

>your point being?
The movie will still be good probably

>Who is James Cameron

The jews were kvetching over lack of person of color representation in 8th century Norway

Attached: 20211018_152002.jpg (2172x3862, 494.43K)

THEY DIDN'T HAVE BOTOX IN VIKING TIMES!!!!

Attached: 1628839381514.jpg (794x438, 42.41K)

so is this dude just insecure, or is he trying to carve out a personality cult like snyder

youtube.com/watch?v=1UuhYzr_-8o
>real set with real props
>Odin is banished to multiracial New York
>a place with no identity, no race
>Odin is an americanized hobo
>Odin sacrifices himself
>his last words: "Asgard is our home" (ethnostate)
>Entirely section cut out, replaced with reshooting: "Anywhere can be Asgard :)"
Wow, that's weird.

Attached: jDsJyoruZxBOSzm-800x450-noPad.jpg (585x300, 33.59K)

None of James Cameron movie have any real artistic merit of course they wont interfer with his movie, blockbuster is all he knows to do.

Bardfinn?

Damn, what happened with this movie? Test audiences hated it so the studio forced him to chop it up?

I forgot about him, he's the exception.
He's just new to big budget filmmaking and caught off guard by how little control he has

Stanley Kubrick. Eggers should have stayed put and kept making low budget movies until he could claim a similar status.
I guess he learned his lesson.

Daily reminder the Northman's viral marketers on Yea Forums are in a PANIC. The film scored under 65 in test screenings which means the word of mouth won't be enough to carry the box office.

So they're flooding Yea Forums with posts that The Northman is 'an EPIC alt right pro-white film!'

Problem is Robert Eggers is an extreme anti-trump WOKE leftist.

>RE: And then with this movie, I wasn’t like, “Now I’m going to write a movie about toxic masculinity.” But as I’ve said may times, nothing good happens when two men are trapped in a giant phallus. So obviously that’s what’s going to happen in [the lighthouse].

>AVC: It does seem very inevitable between them. So, you didn’t sit down and go, “I’m going to write a movie about toxic masculinity.” But at what point did you start to recognize that that’s what the story is about in some ways?

>RE: When my brother and I got all the way through [the script] the first time, we were like, “Yeah, that’s what’s going on.”

film.avclub.com/the-lighthouse-s-robert-eggers-nothing-good-happens-w-1839071674

The marketers are SO desperate they are now recruiting Alfonso Cuaron to put out articles for the movie.

>directors close buddy sees movie
>"Hey alfonso, we're struggling with the test scores on our movie. we're under 65 which means bad word of mouth. I dont know what to do."
>next day
>DIRECTOR'S FRIEND: "MY BUDDIES MOVIE IS FUCKING AMAZING!"

It will be interesting to see what Eggers viral marketing team try next with their guaranteed meme trash flop.

what a weird scene

yep eggers entitlement is predictable for zoomers/millennial hitting the real world. dude really thought he deserved special privileges.

>IT IT DOESN'T COUNT OK

James Cameron is a massive industry figure who has made several innovations in technology. He’s also nearly a billionaire. Directors like him are the only ones who have pure control, people like Spielberg who are embedded into the industry

it's going to be shit, sadly

(((studio interference))).
It's was the Jews wasn't it. The movie was "too white" for them wasn't it?

and it would be kino

but The VVitch was seven years ago...

don't get me wrong, I think Eggers and Snyder are midwits, but there's a method to their public relations too.

Great potential but the Sterns and Cohens destroyed this one on the cutting room floor

what a sexy girl he murdered

What about Nolan, Tarantino and Fincher?

>Great potential
>Eggers
Yikes

The funny part is that people are expecting hot blooded viking kino from this soi. Someone like Gibson would've been better.

that scene kind of blows though

Well you can tell just by the poster just how accurate this is. They went for the most generic poster ever. The era of cram every actor onto the cover of your film is tiresome. The vvitch has a much more sovlfull poster.

>Nolan, Tarantino and Fincher
Guarantee you none of them have complete creative control over their movies

nice larp

>200 years later
>"dad, who is that a statue of?"
>"I dunno, some drug addict criminal who died."
>"why does he have a statue if he didn't do anything?"
>"I have no idea, the 21st Century was weird."

>James Cameron has complete control
>but not Tarantula or Nolan
lol

I would be extremely surprised if any of them have been told no for anything by a studio any time recently. It's probably similar to how people almost never fail out of Harvard - the kind of people that get there in the first place don't generally exhibit qualities that would put them in that position in the first place.

If Tarantino and Nolan had their way all their movies would be over 3 hours long. They definitely have more control than Eggers does, but I'm sure studioheads are breathing down their necks the whole production.

Then no one in the history of cinema operating a budget more than a few million dollars has had crrative control. The worst Studios are going to ask Nolan is casting some nepotism hires. Ever wonder why there are no director's cut of Nolan films? Yeah, it's because he has creative control.

isn't he gonna make nosferatukino?

Attached: nosferatushadow.jpg (1920x1080, 98.51K)

>If Tarantino and Nolan had their way all their movies would be over 3 hours long
Yeah, the people who know the most about filmmaking and care the most about how their work is received would make every single one of their projects unbearably long because.....???

It is because Eggers is an out of control millenial narcissist who genuinely thought the rules of reality do not apply to him. The fact is that he was in the 'right place and right time' with that bone chilling A24 aesthetic.

Now he is going to have to go back to the meme board after this and concoct something extra meme-ish for Willem Dafoe and Nicolas Cage. Something reddit can really get behind.

That is where Robert Eggers belongs.

It's glaringly obvious Nolan and Tarantino love the smell of their own farts.

yes but Robert Eggers thought the rules didn't apply to him. Redditors and letterboxd viewers LOVE him. So that means he gets full control over everything. That is the level this moron is operating under.

it's glaringly obvious that you have no argument and this basic bitch tier non-criticism is the best you can come up with.

Nolan has said that his goal is creating the best cinematic experience possible and writes his scripts with that in mind. He's like Hitchcock and Spielberg in that regard. So I doubt he faces studio interference since they realise they're probably lessening the chances of his films being fun.

Didn't Lucas have complete control past the OT? I'm not arguing it's good or bad

Sadly applies to every millennial and zoomer who enters a position in the real world. They get shocked that reality =/= internet culture.

Read Tarantino's Once Upon A Time In Hollywood novelization, it's what the movie would've been had the studio given him full creative control.

Don't drag us millennials into the zoomer autism. We are decent workers. You are describing zoomers like Max Landis.

Studio is probably mad that they're aren't any niggers or trannys in it. They probably want their to be gay faggot sex scene or something.

Hollywood be like WAAAA U GOTTA PUT STINKY NIGGER FAG TRANNY STUFF IN WAAAA

Trust me Eggers would oblige if that was the case.

Yes, you're right.

or it's the story tarantino wanted to tell in novelized form which is inherently different from telling a story in cinematic form.

define big budget
I'm trying to my indie film made right now for 1M or less
tips?

they were pressuring him to cast niggers

I find that easy enough to believe. So much is invariably cut. You're just mad at that user because he's Max Landis or some shit and you aren't.