What went so wrong?

What went so wrong?

Attached: 234623462346.jpg (220x325, 9.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qkr-pj7HiqY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I lost intertest when it was the negress who was the main infallible super badass character

series began without an endgame

Deviated from the movie. It really should've been only one season anyway similar to True Detective, but HBO is too greedy.

>wokism + broken woman irl as a main actress.
IMAGINE HIRING A GROOMED FEMALE>

Didn't make the shrink ray canon

Writers didn't want to make a show about Westworld, the wanted to use it as a platform to tell their own transhumanist feminist horseshit story. The series blew its load way too early, season 1 was great but it should've lasted longer. There should've been two or three seasons of mystery with the park largely functional and spooky shit going on, the season 1 finale should have been the mid-series peak. I don't mind that Dolores and the black lady became super capable/competent, from what I remember it never seemed like they saw their superiority as a female thing, they saw it as a benefit of them being machines superior to humans. Dolores got more shit done than Teddy, but Teddy wasn't seen as weak or unintelligent but instead just having more hesitancy towards all the violence. Likewise the black lady treated her human simps like shit and they were all men, but I don't remember her ever saying it was because she had a robot vagina instead of a robot dick.

tl;dr the show should have been about Westworld, its side parks, and delos. It shouldn't have turned out as the writer's personal transhumanist pet project.

lol really?

glad i didn't bother with this show past the first few episodes then

Season 1 was so Kino
I still get angry when I rethink about How It went so wrong

this was so unbelievably pretentious

don't know because only went as far as S1 finale
but guess that robots failed to act like credible threat, without anthony hopkins character to flesh-out non-robot scenes have to fall back on less likable characters and robots, those badass robot chicks are probably dead shot on personality since they can't be seen to regress on their "transcending humanity" arc and they can't just shoot everyone like their characters should
probably have to introduce totally new plots to keep everyone busy for another season and a half, prob underwhelming

>In April 2020, HBO approved a fourth season, which is expected to broadcast in 2022.[6]

This post is most accurate. Maeve was set up nicely to be Dolores' opposite. They offered a half assed version of the outside world when they promised it would be kino. The showrunners didn't have a grip on the world at all either:

One minute robots strong. Not even a full minute later they are too weak oh no. One minute they can shoot like a Terminator. Right after that they shoot just as bad as humans.

I feel this exact way but I liked S2 a lot. S3 was pure shit. Not just as Westworld, but as a show altogether. The parts that are good are really good, but most of it is crap.

Season 2 had a lot of great scenes, the parts in the other parks was kino, but the mystery had died by that point so all was left was the writer's self-righteous commentary about life and rights and shit. The actual parts of the park owners dealing with the uprising, sending in troops and establishing a beachhead and shit were all really cool.

The real issue is that their shrink ray stopped working.
Season 1 discussion threads on here were so kino, bros. I miss it.

Attached: 2nw4jg2grfvx.png (1409x793, 972.02K)

Women writers

They didn't know where to go after S1

>>In April 2020, HBO approved a fourth season, which is expected to broadcast in 2022.[6]
Same with True Detective getting a fourth season even though it only needed one. HBO is a greedy television network that has squandered so much kino. Fuck them.

Attached: file.png (722x694, 209.17K)

I lost interest. It was even active rebellion I just think i didn’t care or was too confused or it was too deep for me or something coulda been goat but oh well

We all noticed how once she realized the show was a hit she immediately stopped getting naked.

the writers disappeared up their own arses and started constantly trying to out do the twist from season 1 in ways that were stupid and irritating to watch from week to week. The show becames flashy but empty noise just a few episodes into season 2 and never recovered.

Once they get famous after showing nudity, they think now is the time to stop.

peaked with season 1
then peaked again with Kiksuya

They kept going after S1.

Barry Jenkins is a joke

youtube.com/watch?v=qkr-pj7HiqY
I miss season 1

fpbp

>no wiki page
idk who that is

Yet another show that should have been one season. Far too many modern shows have a good/decent first season that feels a bit different than other shows and then they quickly become gay and predictable fodder.

unironically: women

itt: chuds

What the fuck is a chuds? Stop repeating retarded shit you hear on Yea Forums.

You must be 18 to post here. Don't ever post here again.

Perfect post

not eva green, and I love her for it.

What season had the Nazis? I was almost a background in that episode

they took a generic HBO titty show and handed it to millennial feminists...

Only watched some of S1, none of S2 and all of S3.
S3 stood on its own and could have been an independent miniseries, had a nice environment, settings etc. but all the character arcs sucked ass.

Pozzed right out the gate.

Feminist writing.
Nolan wrote S1 and it was kino. lesser Nolan’s wife wrote s2 and s3.
Went in the direction of a female power trip action fantasy than actually raising philosophical questions. The whole 2nd and 3rd series felt one dimensional after that. shameless plagiarism of greater shows concepts in place of actual syfi writing didn’t help either

anthony hopkins and ed harris carried it hard

Everyone and their fucking mother talked about this show irl and then just randomly stopped near the halfway or end of s1, can't remember. I didn't enjoy the shift towards the black lady because it was dull, she's dull, everything is dull. The first few episodes were so fun but I don't think they knew how to connect things too well. Reminds me of the opposite of early season LOST actually.

nothing went wrong, it was bad from the start. obsessed with keeping so many things in the dark you never had a reason to get interested in the world or care about any possible story that could happen

>What went so wrong?
Most simply, it got overly feminized. I do not understand why so many sci-fi shows are marketed towards women.

They literally changed the plot halfway through

The map on the inside of the skull was to represent their search for consciousness. It was all about figuring out how to become "alive"

Not an actual fucking map

But, niggers. And women. And Chinese. And fags. So we got this.

each season is less than half as good as the previous. let's see if they keep up the trend.

Guys what does it mean if I know whites are superior but I want to breed Maeve over and over again

Faggot

Agreed although I could do without the side parks aswell

If only the second season was as good as you assume, do yourself a favour and don't ever watch it

>season 2
>Dolores reprograms Teddy to be a stone cold psycho gunslinger instead of a virtuous hero
>Remus is reprogrammed by Staff to be a virtuous hero instead of a psycho gunslinger
>the two never meet
This was when I dropped the show

Same as most things these days. Producers caring more about catering to political talking points than than things like plot, script, acting.

These are the correct answers. Ford always made the show infinitely more interesting when he showed up, and they got rid of him way too early. Could have kept him as a personality inside Bernard's head, helping to guide him since he had a soft spot for him. MIB was also up there with Ford and they decided he should be completely broken, which goes against the character they portrayed in S1. Then when he finally gets back to being somewhat like his original self in S3 they unceremoniously kill him in the lamest way possible.Even S3 had a few interesting concepts with the way the outside world was structured and controled, but they were glossed over for the Dolores / Meave boring arcs, which they should never have turned into the main focus of the show.

Forgot to add the show was fucked over by the writers strike of 2016. That's when a lot of the shit we now see on TV started. I'm guessing that most of the miserable fuck ups that now make up the writer's rooms on current shows were hired at that time. For how woke they pretend to be, Pedowood doesn't give a shit about worker's rights. And after S1 the showrunner was mostly Lisa Joy instead of Nolan.

Tried to make a dumb film into something philosophical.
Came up with one good idea about making people as a form of artistic expression.
Then aborted it in season 1 finale.

It was originally a mini-series that was in development for many many YEARS based off the original 70's films. That's why S1 and small bits of S2 are so kino. Then, it was ordered to full series but done at probably the worst time in recent history: the #MeToo movement. By the time we get to S3 it's a completely different show and doesn't much resemble S1 at all.

In restrospect, they should have left the S1 miniseries intact and expanded it to be a hybrid anthology series where they tell different stories from different time periods using different parks.

Yeah an anthology series would have been cool

They left the titural Westworld

Westworld now means western civilization, chud

>What went so wrong?

Attached: yourfault imtalentless.jpg (640x481, 89.68K)

>nooooo you MUST hand me millions of dollars to make a movie despite never having made one before
>noooooooooo it cant possibly be that my script is shit and thats the reason why nobody wants to produce it
insane entitlement

>fag detected

Thandie Newton is literally the whitest a black woman could get. If it wasn't for her skin (a delicious caramel) and hair you wouldn't be any wiser. I think she's damn near perfect. From her seductive voice and accent to her petite yet perky body I stuck around watching the show just for her.

I know the plot turned itself into a bit of a cluster fuck in season 2 but seeing her full frontal puss made it all worthwhile.

Having a tiny fragile looking beauty who had to use her charms and wit to survive turn herself into basically a fucking demigod awoke something inside of me

Attached: newton1.jpg (1236x820, 68.4K)

>see black woman
>call her white
Americans.

She's british so it doesn't matter

>white men
>hollywood

Attached: 134523415543.jpg (363x280, 56.16K)

jews are white

Not even an amerishart my friend. Not afraid to call the kettle black (literally) but I'm saying if she bleached her skin and straightened her hair she could fool any of us.
>cute button nose, unlike the bulbous monstrosities you see on a nignog
>sultry, almost Asian like eyes
>thin model body
>still has curves, tits and ass to boot
Fuck. I'd let her squash my dick between her toes and I'd let you watch