I still don't get it desu

I still don't get it desu

Attached: 0__Fc5MvnRMYkxXIXK.png (1148x648, 549.84K)

>his tobacco isn’t toasted

it's a catchy slogan that distracts people from the health issues of cigarettes.

>you need to rename your product, no one wants to buy cuckystrike

You bulldoze over the facts with what sounds good

The point of the campaign is to reframe the narrative. The government took away the ability to say cigs don't cause cancer, and they couldn't make any statements about health or general benefits. So, change the conversation: their cigs cause cancer, ours are toasted. The content of the ad is irrelevant (all THEIR cigs are toasted too) because the point is to change the conversation.
This is similar to what Don had to do in this scene, after Pete almost fucked them and he didn't have a campaign yet. He improvised it, and changed the narrative in the room (that Pete had fucked up and Don was unprepared)

Attached: rog.png (810x894, 709.33K)

>Hey, Donnie, if I was going to break your balls I'd tell you to go home and get your Hershey bar.

Attached: Dapper.jpg (325x375, 70.01K)

Based Pete

There's nothing to get. Its just evil trash

change the conversation
re-frame the issue
break the conditioning

>IT'S BASED

>cigarettes proven bad
>now no one can make health claims anymore, blank slate
>decide to emphasize Lucky Strikes' quality of having been toasted
>bringing attention to this fact makes it sound like this makes Lucky Strikes special
>many other brands toast their tobacco also, but now they will look like they're just copying Lucky Strike

Basically, extremely shitty BSing on Don Draper's part that somehow paid off. In reality that slogan had been around since at least the 20s.

Also the timing of "medical claims" not being allowed as late as the 1960s is false. Cigarettes stopped being touted as healthy sometime in the 19th century, by the 20th century people at least knew it did SOMETHING bad or made you cough. What tobacco companies could do, was to imply their cigarettes were healthier in how they were made, which caused less throat irritation and coughing. Lucky Strikes toasted their tobacco, which destroyed harmful irritants. Camels used higher-quality tobaccos than other brands. Phillip Morris said their cigarettes could never be scientifically proven to cause any throat irritation, without explaining the science behind it.

Attached: guard_01.jpg (1200x1703, 468.3K)

Was it autism?

You sure know a lot about cigarettes

I sure do. Because like I said in my deleted post, it's annoying how zoomers lump all of history together, so they think "lol boomers thought cigarettes were good for you lmao!" when no one ever did since 100 years ago or more.

Attached: why_01.jpg (1200x1602, 313.87K)

kek

the point is that child raping kikes control the planet and brainwash you into killing yourself, and mad men is written by a child raping kike and designed to mock you since jews are the shards of satan
research edward bernays

the tag is a subtle joke

Attached: 3f5a0e2a40cc4c22337b36a26e6e3a7e_w200.gif (200x260, 1.07M)

every thread?

>Cigarettes stopped being touted as healthy sometime in the 19th century,
This is simply not true, I listen to old episodes of Dragnet from the 50s and they often had medical claims about cigarettes in their ads.

Attached: schizo.png (575x751, 394.29K)

This ties in well with the themes of the show. The ideal American Dream life is portrayed as so empty that Don can create one just through bullshitting, the same way so many companies that make up the fabric of the American ideal are also full of shit. Truly layered show.

why did they do this

Did you even finish reading my post? They were claimed to be healthier/more harmless, but not healthy, i.e. actually beneficial for your health

>Did you even finish reading my post?
I don't finish schizoposts

Until these shill threads stop.
>jew admen tell lies
Yeah
>the themes of the show
THERE ARE NONE
Its just one long advertisement. Do you think the Geico ads have themes too?
>Truly layered show.
It has exactly one layer and that's advertising smoking. That is the only reason this shit exists
This is what all you shills do, call everyone insane for calling out your advertising.

You got me user, I work for Big Tobacco. Most of our meetings are about you, specifically.

We will have you taking smooth, full-flavoured drags. One way or another.

You sound like a stereotypical midwit schizo posters

I thought it said "It's Based" from the thumbnail

>not liking smoking advertisements and child abuse means your INSANE
Every time with you shills

A post explaining the history of tobacco advertising isn't a schizopost, you stupid fuck. I hope you get lung cancer.

How can you say that? Every single person thinking he's delusional is clear evidence that we're all a part of a massive Jewish conspiracy that produces high quality scripted dramas to disseminate smoking propaganda. Next you'll be saying they don't actually smoke real cigarettes on film sets because of the health hazards and damaging smoke particulates.

really? the show makes me want to drink more than smoke

Reminder that Don got hired to do advertising for Israeli Tourism.
Don Draper is, literally, an Israeli shill.

You're* insane.
Also you know you can just not come here right? Like there are other activities in life that aren't ruining threads.

Thesis: Cigarettes are healthy
Antithesis: Cigarettes are unhealthy
Synthesis: It's Toasted.

Attached: georg-hegel.jpg (463x600, 32.33K)

Is this show good

Yes, very, but the early seasons are a bit slow. Some people drop it after declaring it "soap operay" but these people don't understand subtlety.
Careful though, you might start smoking from the evil subliminal messaging. Or so I've been told.

lots of good moments

Attached: 99B2601A-E5D3-4334-ABA3-CBA2A78C1E25.jpg (1920x1080, 240.23K)

>Do you think the Geico ads have themes too?
they literally do. the character of Jaime is an allegory for modern masculinity

>Next you'll be saying they don't actually smoke real cigarettes
How are they not "real" ciggarettes? They're not CGI. Its real smoking and in this show they really forced a 9yo gurl to smoke.
>ruining threads.
These shill threads are ruining the board. Maybe stop pushing this evil show.
Are you an evil piece of shit? Are you a jew admen who enjoys really long advertisements? Yes to both you'll definitely like it.
If you're a good person you could never stand a second of this evil filth
>these people don't understand subtlety.
This shit isn't "subtle", its very explicit advertising.
>Careful though, you might start smoking from the evil subliminal messaging
By watching this evil shit you're supporting it. You support child abuse
Her being involved in this shit is the worst part

reminder he didn't get hired for it

heads of department only chuds

Attached: 1683406+042615.F.STP_.MADMEN.jpg (1140x712, 83.13K)

They smoke herbal cigarettes on Mad Men, an industry standard nowadays. They contain no tar, nicotine, or 6 gorillion additives while still looking like real tobacco. They're probably stll not harmless but they're certainly not as harmful as smoking real cigarettes

>How are they not "real" ciggarettes
Movie magic, user. They use herbal prop cigarettes filled with nicotine-free shit. They apparently taste awful. No child ever smoked a real cigarette on this show.
Shirley Temple and Judy Garland however, they made those kids smoke and that really was evil. Why don't you go shit up a Wizard of Oz thread. Also curious, what do you hope to accomplish here? I mean if we're all evil shills shilling to each other, are we supposed to stop because you exposed us?

Cereal thats 35% sugar advertise itself as healthy still but only a minority of middle aged mums believe it

>actors get to smoke herbal cigarettes
>meanwhile I can't buy cloves anymore
unfair

Attached: 17c4e17869a79fc6b912c5d6cf9c11e7.gif (400x225, 2.58M)

You underestimate how stupid/thoughtless people are. But I see your point. I imagine people just didn't really think about it since they were so ubiquitous, and there's no way the biggest most trusted job creating companies in America would have made their billions by deliberately selling us addictive poison, right?
Right?

Again, that is not a real cigarette.

There's nothing to get. That's the point.

>They contain no tar, nicotine, or 6 gorillion additives while still looking like real tobacco.
ITS STILL REAL SMOKING
Stop believing the propaganda. They're real cigarettes, its real smoking. The "herbal cigarettes" bullshit is a line they sell to say "its okay that we forced a nine year old girl to smoke".
>they're certainly not as harmful as smoking real cigarettes
YES THEY ARE
There's no difference between "real" smoking and "fake" smoking, its just smoking.
And its still advertising real smoking. Its promoting children really smoking.
You should ashamed being bad people. Advertising for a show that is nothing but an advertisement for smoking and child abuse
You need to be killed
>that is not a real cigarette
YES IT IS
How is it not real?

you're throwing around all sorts of words without saying why smoking is bad

Yeah people want to live their lvies and anybody that cares probably knows. But who even sees and ad and takes it seriously. you see an ad for something you just have a knee-jerk 'fuck off' instinct to anything they actually say

Go die, shill

>How is it not real
I'm not sure that you understand why cigarettes are harmful. It's "not smoking" because people without autism understand that the term "smoking" in this context refers to smoking tobacco cigarettes, the things you have been railing against so hard in every thread. So yes, they are technically committing the act of smoking by puffing on the fumes from the herbal cigarette, however because of the lack of addictice carcinogenic substances, people (again, without autism) can understand the difference. You seem to think the very action of inhaling combusted fumes is deeply immoral, rather than understanding why smoking is actually bad. Also, not one person has said cigarettes are anything other than harmful, wouldn't that be the opposite of our goal if we were advertising for a show that went off the air almost ten years ago.?

this. It makes you forget about the health issue entirely because they're not saying that it's healthy so you don't even think about health as a factor

Attached: DDF9213D-9814-4553-A60C-DC69416BC52D.png (600x337, 399.24K)

>I'm not sure that you understand why cigarettes are harmful.
Because breathing smoke is bad. It doesn't matter what it is. There are no "fake cigarettes". It's lit, its burning, they're breathing the smoke, its smoking. Just because it is undrugged smoking doesn't mean it isn't smoking or isn't bad.
And you still haven't addressed the show is nothing but an advertisement for smoking. Lets imagine these "herbal cigarettes" are "not real smoking". The show is still promoting smoking including promoting children smoking. And that's the only reason it exists.
>not one person has said cigarettes are anything other than harmful
Thats what all of you shills(including you right now) say EVERY shill thread about this show. Its why you're defending it. "Oh, smoking isn't bad", that's what you're saying
>because of the lack of addictice carcinogenic substances
You're the one who doesn't understand why smoking is bad.

I mean there's lots of discussion about the merits of the show in these threads but you just spam REEEEEEE NOOO to all of them because you're already convinced of your delusion. Still wondering what you think you're accomplishing. Defending neckbeards from the evils of smoking?

>The show is still promoting smoking including promoting children smoking. And that's the only reason it exists.
Shouldn't it have had more than three or four instances of children smoking in its seven season run then? Lotta time spent on Don's crises that could have been used to show kiddies puffing away

Attached: CB7C1FF4-C2F3-41EF-8FF9-AC6FF14B792E.jpg (450x600, 89.07K)

>the merits of the show
There is none. Its pure evil trash.
>you're already convinced of your delusion.
What delusion? Oh, because I don't fellate evil shit? I don't hate lolis so I'm "delusional"? Fuck off
>Shouldn't it have had more than three or four instances of children smoking
Any is enough. You're still defebding child abuse.

>burgers?

Attached: 1649125550006.png (1147x648, 721.16K)

Go die, you evil scum