Do any of you collect DVD...

Do any of you collect DVD? I don't understand why you would even bother when everything is available digitally either though a streaming platform or pirated. It's just clutter.

Attached: DhrtD-2X4AE6NLm.jpg (3225x2419, 2.28M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/duvcLBIzkSE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nah, I just grab the remux. I do think it would be comfy to have a collection of my favorites though, but just never started.

I have a about 25 films that I really love. Films that I would always wanna have access to. I don't see the point in collecting films for the sake of amassing a collection.

I do as the kikes can't change them

If I had followed that philosophy, I wouldn't have been able to sell my collection off for many times what I paid for it as an adult. I can't sell digital downloads.

People are frothing at the mouth to buy used Blu rays. It's an absolute investment.

I get dvds sometimes, for thinks I actualy like. Its fun to fill up my shelves.

The bitrate quality of DVD can match streaming…especially the DVD audio. BluRays are even better. If you have an OLED you will see a difference. If you have a home theater I can’t see a reason to get rid of DVDs. I have a superior upscaling chip in my blu ray. It makes anime look 1080p. Good enough. Sometimes an upscale DVD looks better than some discs and streams, mostly when the transfers were carelessly digitized. My original matrix dvd was my favorite because the color wasn’t fucked with. Seven had different releases, one using some kind of silver plate process. The old DVDs had a lot of care and extras… interviews. The T2 DVDs were insane. Same with Aliens.

What Blu Ray player do you have?

>I have a superior upscaling chip in my blu ray.
Yeah bro what said what tech are you using? Do they have something similar for framerate?

>everything is available to stream or pirate

But it's not.

because i have amc+
but i wanted to watch breaking bad so i needed amc premiere, but they only release a few episodes at a time so i decided to stream it but the stream copy was dark with no subs so i decided to pirate it but the file was the wrong episode mislabeled and also with no subs so

SOMETIMES A DISC JUST FUCKING WORKS

Reason to purchase physical- Supporting distribution companies that restore films that only have terrible bootleg copies or shitty VHS rips available. If you continue to pirate, the companies stop investing in remasters, your pirated versions continue to look and sound like shit.
I'll admit I don't buy often anymore, but when I do it's usually with labels who care about film preservation and restoration.

Name five

find me a digital copy of the 80's bruce willis show moonlighting hotshot

Anyone remember that really weird house that had a listing and you could do a vr tour, it was like an ebay operation selling tons of dvds and music cds.

Easy to find a torrent. Some are even on YouTube lmao

youtu.be/duvcLBIzkSE

I have a couple of thousand of the things sitting around. Haven't actually watched one in maybe a decade. They're worth nothing and I really should just throw them in the trash, but it seems wrong.

I own 4 versions of Spider-Man 2 two of which are the same

>People are frothing at the mouth to buy used Blu rays. It's an absolute investment.
wat? really?

Flesh + Blood (1985) Kino Lorber Paul Verhoeven blu-ray Rare OOP used
1 item $26.00
Shipping $3.19
Tax $2.41
Order total $31.60
Crimewave (Blu-ray/DVD 2-Disc Set) Shout Factory Out Of Print used
1 item $11.00
Shipping $3.19
Tax $1.17
Amount paid $15.36
Total refunded -$2.71
Order total $12.65
Maximum Overdrive (1986) Blu Ray used
The Name of the Rose (1986) DVD used
Scream Queen Double Feature: The Fog/The Howling (Blu-ray Disc) New Sealed
3 items $45.00
Item discount -$9.00
Shipping Free
Tax $2.97
Order total $38.97

I recently sold a used Flesh+Blood bluray for $100. I was casually looking to buy the dvd again when this fell in my lap. It was listed for about a day. Only one other copy and its about $60

Attached: 20211218_065802.jpg (2576x1932, 1.38M)

wha? for real?

>Do any of you collect DVD?
Lately? Yes I have actually.
I have money and (((they))) can't cancel physical media.

I only buy what can't be taken away from Me.

if I had the money, yes. I can only afford a couple of books, CDs and Blu-ray every couple of months.

Jurassic World dvd from a bluray combo pack I bought used and played on a Samsung

Attached: 20220211_075427.jpg (4128x1856, 2.61M)

BASED

I got a problem with matrix dvds rotting..none of my others do that..two now

If the disk was improperly sealed or contaminated during pressing then it will rot, but if it wasn't then it never will. So it tends to be that all the copies of a particular release will behave the same because they'll all have the same flaws in manufacturing.

This but piracy

they sold you a bootleg

>I don't understand why you would even bother

Attached: streaming services are AIDS.jpg (1200x600, 62.51K)

It's growing out of her ass.

Somebody here tried to warn us.

Attached: 20220211_215003.jpg (4128x1856, 2.28M)

Wtf is there really a decent bootleg blu-ray market? Seems like that thing woulda died with DVDs

No that's not a bootleg and the "Cinavia message" isn't meant to imply it's a bootleg. The person here who tried to warn us mentioned something about a timer as I vaguely recall. Like it only starts happening after a couple years or something. Why didn't we listen? We got too cocky physical bros.

>>All in alphabetical order too

This is why you never hook up a blu ray player to the internet.

I don't know whether there's a market for them but I've accidentally bought 3 bootlegs in my time getting second hand blu rays off ebay

>No that's not a bootleg and the "Cinavia message" isn't meant to imply it's a bootleg

>If the "AACS watermark" is present in the audio tracks, but no accompanying and matching AACS key is found on the disc, then it is deemed to have been a "rip" made by copying to a second blank Blu-ray Disc.
>Message Code 3: Audio muted[7]—Shown when consumer-sold audio content is being played back from an optical disc, without the matching AACS key present at the centre of the disc.

>If the video that you are playing is a home movie or other personal recording that includes some professionally produced content (including the audio track of a professionally produced video), to play your recording without muting you may either:
>Pause the video, wait 30 seconds for the audio to be un-muted, then skip over those portions where the professionally produced material is used and continue playing the rest of the video, or
>Pause the video, wait 30 seconds for the audio to be un-muted, then play video from a different optical disc for at least 10 minutes before continuing playback of this video.
For information on how this professionally produced content can be included in your home movies or other personal recordings in a way that will not be limited by Blu-ray Disc players, see Guidelines for Use of Content in Home Movies.
>The following guidelines can be used to ensure that Blu-ray Disc players will not use Cinavia technology to limit the playback and copying of your home movies or other personal recordings that include some professionally produced content (including the audio tracks of professionally produced movies or television shows):
>Each use of the professionally produced content of up to 10 minutes must be separated from other uses of professionally produced content by at least 10 minutes of video.
>The professionally produced content must not be used on a repeated or ongoing basis for any period of time longer than 10 minutes.
You will NOT burn the media

Attached: 1639997053349.jpg (1600x900, 185.72K)

Its just hooked up to a tv. Very standard setup with no internet connection.

I understand its scary believe me. But someone here tried to warn us, we didnt listen, and it happened. The picture I posted is very clearly not a bootleg.

I own both the German copy of Look Who's Back and the Japanese copy that came with an English slipcover. No, I will not explain why I imported the latter.

Great movie, I bought the German one too. I hope they do a proper English release some day, I was quite disappointed that none of the extras had English subtitles on them

Yes, this is my collection plus a few director sets for Herzog and Fellini

Attached: Untitled(1).jpg (1920x1316, 1.99M)

I own about 1500 films on VHS, DVD, Blu-ray, and 4k UHD. I've been collecting films for about 30 years, but it really picked up when video stores closed.

It's clutter in a sense, but I like putting together a collection. It's the same reason I own books I may never read again, even though there's a library ten minutes from my house. I'm more likely to re-watch a film than I am re-read a book though.

>but it really picked up when video stores closed.
Where are you getting yours? My local pawn shops and used media stores still sell em for $15-30 a pop

Dodgeball?

Loved it as a kid. Still enjoyable now.

I have a bunch and you’re right. It’s really dumb. But I just buy them to watch movies and they are usually cheaper than going to a theatre

Numerous reasons retard
>DVDs can have tons of great special feature like audio commentary tracks, deleted scenes, behind the scenes shit, etc
>with DVDs you don't have to worry about censorship. For example for the movie "Splash" on Disney+ they put some CGI shit to cover up Daryl Hannah's semi bare ass. Odds are this will only get worse as time goes by
>what if the movie you want to watch isn't on your streaming channels? And what if you can't find the option to rent it on Amazon or VUDU?

>commentary tracks
This is the only reason. Commentary tracks are all contractually forced to stay on the DVDs for legal reasons, so they can’t even put them on streaming.

Kino Lorber sales still going for 2 more weeks. I fucked up and should've got the Fx/Fx2 combo. It sold out and nothing I bought did. Sometimes they restock right before the end of the sale.

Attached: 20220402_192811.jpg (4128x1856, 2.02M)

Think of all the things that died or were destroyed to make that useless plastic

Is that really the case? I always assumed the streaming company didn't want to pay company that has the DVD publishing rights to get access to the commentary tracks for streaming.

Episodes have literally been pulled from streaming services for controversial content, retard.

>Scanners.gif

I remember those pics

I used to but then I looked into consolidating them onto my computer and decided it was easier to just pirate everything. Now I have a shit ton of DVDs that I don't know what to do with.

I still think about this guy on my Facebook marketplace who was trying to sell his collection of ~400 stabdard definition DVDs for $3 each

I mostly buy direct from labels during sales these days, but I built a lot of my collection from Half-Price Books, Vintage Stock, and Amazon. Target used to have cheap blu-rays and I'd pick a couple up every week or two. I try not to buy from Amazon much anymore because everything always comes broken.

Good labels to follow for sales are Kino Lorber (great sales), Shout Factory/Scream Factory, Vinegar Syndrome, Arrow, Warner Archive, and Criterion of course. Twilight Time and Olive were two of my favorites, but they're both pretty much defunct now.

>Shout Factory/Scream Factory
>sales
wtf when? I feel like I've followed them forever and never see anything.